Retrieve last non zero value in a range of cells

Hi

How do I extract the last non zero value in a range of 5 Cells for
Example:

A1=95
B1=93
C1=98
D1=0
E1=0

From the example above I would require to choose the value 98 from the
Range declared. Some weeks it is possible for all the values to be >0
so therefore I would need the Value in E1 other weeks it may be B1

Would it be possible to  return the value I require into Cell G1 in
the example above?

Thanks

Peter

Entered in G1

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:E1<>0),A1:E1)

Gord Dibben     MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:55:19 -0700 (PDT), Pete <fell-walker@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi
>
>How do I extract the last non zero value in a range of 5 Cells for
>Example:
>

>A1=95
>B1=93
>C1=98
>D1=0
>E1=0
>
>From the example above I would require to choose the value 98 from the
>Range declared. Some weeks it is possible for all the values to be >0
>so therefore I would need the Value in E1 other weeks it may be B1
>
>Would it be possible to  return the value I require into Cell G1 in
>the example above?
>
>Thanks
>
>Peter
0
phnorton (279)
6/8/2011 7:12:52 PM
On Jun 8, 8:12=A0pm, Gord Dibben <phnor...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> Entered in G1
>
> =3DLOOKUP(2,1/(A1:E1<>0),A1:E1)
>
> Gord Dibben =A0 =A0 MS Excel MVP
>

> On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:55:19 -0700 (PDT), Pete <fell-wal...@hotmail.co.uk>=
 wrote:
> >Hi
>
> >How do I extract the last non zero value in a range of 5 Cells for
> >Example:
>
> >A1=3D95
> >B1=3D93
> >C1=3D98
> >D1=3D0
> >E1=3D0
>
> >From the example above I would require to choose the value 98 from the
> >Range declared. Some weeks it is possible for all the values to be >0
> >so therefore I would need the Value in E1 other weeks it may be B1
>
> >Would it be possible to =A0return the value I require into Cell G1 in
> >the example above?
>
> >Thanks
>
> >Peter- Hide quoted text -

Brilliant, exactly what I was after. Thanks

visual basic

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Single click selects multiple cells

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Value is BLANK

Subquery
Hi, I'm trying to code a subquery on a table but to no avail...it's a very simple table that has Date (short date, just recording the day) and NAV which is a number (double). All I'm wanting to do is have a query that displays the Date, the NAV and the NAV from the day before - only recording business dates. In other words, the subquery number I want is the NAV from the record preceeding the current one. I've got as far as the below, but that just gets the same NAV number as today's: SELECT tblNAV.Date, tblNAV.NAV, (SELECT LAST(x.NAV) FROM tblNAV as X LEFT JOIN tblNAV on...

y value vs x
In an xy scatter plot one can choose the type of line connecting the data points (smooth, straight, etc.). Once this is done, Is there a simple way of determining the y value of graph for a specific x value without doing successive approximations with 0 shifts. I'd rather not purchase a graphing program just for this simple task. You could find an equation that fits the data (see trendline) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ralph" <ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:284B39DE-20C6-40CB-AB60-39B...

Combo Box initial values question
Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. thanks tp Hi Teepee, Try something like: Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0 --- Regards, Norman "teepee" <teepee@noemail.com> wrote in message news:4645ed29$1@newsgate.x-privat.org... > Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? > Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. > > thanks > > tp > > thanks for trying. says 'invalid use of me keyword.&...

How do I print to non A4 paper on an HP 450C Plotter from Publish.
Running Publisher 2003 (fully patched) on a Windows 2000 SP4 (fully patched) laptop, when I print to a HP 450C Plotter (connected to a SBS 2003 server) I can only print the top left A4 "Window" of the job. Prior to upgrading to Office 2003 (running office 2000) there was no probloems in plotting up to a full A0 job. Does anyone have any idea of what is going on and more importantly is there a fix or work-around? Have you asked HP? They have many, many support documents as well as drivers. This would be a printer problem rather than a Publisher issue. I'd look for you but ...

XML Mapping: Creating a "non-repeating schema element" in VS2005
Question regarding XML mapping in Excel. XML Mapping in Excel allows you to map "non-repeating schema elements" to an individual cell while "repeating schema elements" automatically get handled as an Excel "list". I want a table(XML/XSD) exported from a VS2005 dataset to be CELL mappable rather than LIST mappable. Is there a way to make Excel interpret the native dataset XML/XSD as non-repeating? Said differently, what makes a schema element "repeating" versus "non-repeating"? Is it a unique XPATH statement? If my underlying table has...

CRM Error

changing a cell of 60 files
Hi all I've 60 files and another one which summarizes all of them.. I've to put a day in the cell a1 and then I'd like to cut and paste that day in the cell a1 of the other 60 files without having to change all of them manually. I'd like to save and then exit every single file.The files are named 0001 0002 0003..and so on. I know that this is possible with a macro..but I've got a problem.. It's possible not to have the prompt which asks for updates of the file everytime I open one of them?? Thanks for the help Rossella Hi Rossella http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm ...