Report Options

Hi Everyone,

Using Excel 2003.  I usually use excel to make forms (glorified word
processing) I have recently started to paste data from an Access database
tables, and queries into excel.  I would like to know how I should set up my
spreadsheet to show my data by month, quarter and then yearly.  I want my
report to show an average percent for the month of April, May, etc then
other cells that show the percent per quarter.

I don't necessarily need you to tell me how to do it step by step because I
think it is going to be alot of steps.  For right now, I have 2 sheets and
on the one I have the data and the other is my report with the months listed
and in the cell next to the month, I insert the average funciton then go
back to my 1st sheet and manually select the dates for each month.   I just
need maybe some online examples of the reports excel can give and hopefully
there will be tutorials to go with it that maybe automatically can select my
months with one two swift clicks.

I need basic excel info and not the visual basic or macro way to do it.

Thanks,
Linda

0
Linda

I would suggest you create a pivot table.  See this site for an overview and
even a video demonstration:
http://www.contextures.com/CreatePivotTable.html

Then see this site for help with arranging the pivot data grouped by months
or quarters.
Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.

"Linda RQ" wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Using Excel 2003.  I usually use excel to make forms (glorified word
> processing) I have recently started to paste data from an Access database
> tables, and queries into excel.  I would like to know how I should set up my
> spreadsheet to show my data by month, quarter and then yearly.  I want my
> report to show an average percent for the month of April, May, etc then
> other cells that show the percent per quarter.
>
> I don't necessarily need you to tell me how to do it step by step because I
> think it is going to be alot of steps.  For right now, I have 2 sheets and
> on the one I have the data and the other is my report with the months listed
> and in the cell next to the month, I insert the average funciton then go
> back to my 1st sheet and manually select the dates for each month.   I just
> need maybe some online examples of the reports excel can give and hopefully
> there will be tutorials to go with it that maybe automatically can select my
> months with one two swift clicks.
>
> I need basic excel info and not the visual basic or macro way to do it.
>
> Thanks,
> Linda
>

> .

Hi Linda,

....and you may benefit from my Excel Database Tutorial at
http://edferrero.com/ExcelTutorials/ExcelDatabaseTutorialPart1/tabid/90/Default.aspx

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

0
Ed
2/9/2010 6:01:44 AM
Thanks Ed and KC...It's snowin here so nobody came to work but me!....I
shoud have some "free" time later.

Linda

"Linda RQ" <RomulanQueen@Work.SSTNG> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Using Excel 2003.  I usually use excel to make forms (glorified word
> processing) I have recently started to paste data from an Access database
> tables, and queries into excel.  I would like to know how I should set up
> my spreadsheet to show my data by month, quarter and then yearly.  I want
> my report to show an average percent for the month of April, May, etc then
> other cells that show the percent per quarter.
>
> I don't necessarily need you to tell me how to do it step by step because
> I think it is going to be alot of steps.  For right now, I have 2 sheets
> and on the one I have the data and the other is my report with the months
> listed and in the cell next to the month, I insert the average funciton
> then go back to my 1st sheet and manually select the dates for each month.
> I just need maybe some online examples of the reports excel can give and
> hopefully there will be tutorials to go with it that maybe automatically
> can select my months with one two swift clicks.
>
> I need basic excel info and not the visual basic or macro way to do it.
>
> Thanks,
> Linda

0
Linda

invoices selected for payment report
is there a way to create a report of invoices that are due for payment. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c45b1991-84e1-4ff0-b559-60091ec32b15&dg=microsoft...

variable column names in a report
i have an application where the user can enter self selected column names which then in turn are added to a table... application works fine. however, when it comes to reporting, how do i go about adding those self entered columns in a report? any help would be appreciated Do you actually need this in a report or can the results be pushed to Excel for printing? -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP Help me support UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "k2sarah" <k2sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56B6FD1-2F5B-45D5-8760-A61E3CA41495@microsoft.c...

Sales Report filtered by time, Z Report filtered by date
Does anyone have any Z summary reports that can be filtered by day, week, etc Also does anyone have a sales summary report that can be filtered by date and time. (Our liquor store is open untill 1 AM and I can't get the broken out sales over the "two day" period once sales has started on the next day? Thank you so much in advance. There is a combined Z report on the Jean Holland web site (I believe) that does exactly what you want it to do. In regards to (sales) reports by date and time: I asked the same question a week or so ago in this NG but didn't get any soluti...

Reporting an Average
How do I average the field “Minutes” from the query “qryUrban” and display the average in a report? I would like to find the (mean) average, but I have no experience with the AVG function. Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com pushrodengine via AccessMonster.com wrote: >How do I average the field �Minutes� from the query �qryUrban� and display >the average in a report? > >I would like to find the (mean) average, but I have no experience with the >AVG function. Without seeing your query, if the query is the report's record source and if the Minute...

"Or" option in Rule
If I try to set multiple conditions for a rule, they seem to get listed as "and," e.g. "with specific words in the sender's address and with specific words in the subject." Is there any way to make this an "or" rule, e.g. "with specific words in the sender's address or with specific words in the subject" ? Create 2 rules >-----Original Message----- >If I try to set multiple conditions for a rule, they seem to get listed as >"and," e.g. "with specific words in the sender's address and with specific >words in...

Excel reporting incorrect user in "file in use by"
We are currently experiencing a issue that that some of our users (some of which are laptop users that use the offline files feature) try to open for example an Excel file and it will be reported as being currently in use by a named user. So far no problem. However this user does not have the file open and if we go to check the open files on the server the file will in fact be open by a different user to the one reported in the excel popup window. Is there a way I can ensure that at least the correct user is reported to having the file open? I'm sure this must be somewhere int h...

"Show Placeholders" in options/view menu does'nt work.
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

Changing options
I am running 2000 server with 40 2000 pro machines and need to change the default email from outlook express to Outlook? any help would be appriciated. Cheers ...

An option to reassign parent account only or all sub-accounts
When reassigning Accounts, an additional step needs to be added to allow the user to reassigning the parent Account only or all related sub Accounts. Today, when the parent Account is reassigned, all related recodrs, including all sub-Accounts, are reassigned in error to the new user. This cascading function is currently causing significant issues for our large, multi-location Accounts that have one Account Manager with multiple Account managers owning the sub Accounts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vot...

Crystal Web Options and Great Plains
Hi All Crystal Web Options was shipped with Crystal 8.0 for Microsoft Great Plains. I don't see these options available with Crystal 10 or 11. I am currently upgrading a clients Crystal and need to upgrade the web components as well. Is there an upgrade path for the web components so that they can still access their reports via their Intranet and is the software freely available with MSGP? All related comments welcome... Thanks for the assistance ! Cheers Jules ...

Reporting Services Lists & CRM
Has anybody tried aligning column headings located outside and above of a Reporting Services' list to their respective fields within the list? Everything lines up fine in Visual Studio's preview of the report. But, when published to CRM, the fields within the list are slightly shifted to the right or left of their intended position below the headings. The accumulative shift can be substantial. I've tried just about everything, including the use of fixed-width fonts. Nothing works, except placing the column headings within the same list... which has the obvious and undesirable ef...

Crystal Reports formula to Access
Any suggestions on how to use this formula in Access? if not(IsNull({MASTER.JMT_DATE})) then "Post Judgment"else if (IsNull({MASTER.JMT_DATE})) and not(IsNull({MASTER.SUIT_DATE})) then "Post Suit, Pre Judgment"else if (IsNull({MASTER.SUIT_DATE})) and (IsNull({MASTER.JMT_DATE})) then "Pre Suit" Here is a guess -- IIF([MASTER].[JMT_DATE] Is Not Null, "Post Judgment", IIF([MASTER].[JMT_DATE] Is Null AND [MASTER].[SUIT_DATE] Is Not Null, "Post Suit, Pre Judgment", IIF([MASTER.SUIT_DATE] Is Null AND [MASTER].[JMT_DATE] Is Null, "...

Time-scale option
I can=B4t set up the time scale x axis of my line chart. If I click automatic options the scale show dates of 1900,=20 but I want to see the real months that are on my table.=20 The format of the table column is dd-mm-yy from 2002 to=20 2004 and I need to see in the chart these months, no 1900. If I type min and max dates, the lines are shrink into the=20 3 first month of 2002, so the don=B4t show the right=20 information, neither.=20 Thank you very much. Hi only some ideas: - are you really using date values in you table? Esp. showing 1900 in your chart indicates there may be a problem with...

Event ID 3009 A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.1.0 appears randomly.
Exchange 2003 mail enabled Public Folder randomly don't receive e-mail from external sender, when it happens sender receives error : --------------------------------------------- Final-Recipient: rfc822;xxx@xxx.com Action: failed Status: 5.1.0 --------------------------------------------- Sometimes all work ok. Error in Application log : --------------------------------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: (8) Event ID: 3009 Date: 2005.12.21 Time: 11:43:32 User: N/A Computer: MailServerName Description: The description for Event ID ( 3009 ...

Lebans Report to PDF
I am using the Report to PDF utility on Lebans website. Great utility, except that I found the font embeding does not work. I reported this in this news group a few months ago and was told by Mr. Leban that it would be updated some time this month.Do any of you use this utility? Do you know if there are update available? I notice that the web site says version 2.753, March 06 is avaialable but the download link on the page indicates version 2.751. Any info would be appreciated.Doug ...

SBS 2008 : Daily Report "Detailed Network Report" Delayed
Hello, We have migrated 3 clients from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 without any problem everything work great but we have only one problem : We receive every day @ 6AM "Detailed Network Report" from every servers. We receive "Detailed Network Report" From SBS 2003 between 6AM to 6:05AM so with 2003 Servers it's work perfectly. The problem is with SBS 2008 : We receive Report between 6:00AM to 9:00AM and we don't know why ... Settings are configured to send e- mail @ 6AM.... Anybody has the same problem or can help us ? Thanks for your help Have a nice ...

Access 2007 Report
I'm struggling with a report. I have 5 different .mdb files to pull data from to make 1 report. I linked the tables, and tried to create a report but the report only allows 1 record control source. That leaves out the date from 4 tables. Basically, my report will have 1 customer listed with customer ID, name, location. Below that will be the product purchased. All 5 mdb files have duplicate customers, but different products. The Report ought to look like: DFW123 ABC Company 123 Anywhere Street Dallas, Texas 76210 Snack food 500 units Soft Drink 300 units Ice Cream 150 unit...

Ignore option under Library Monitoring does not work
I have read the posts about this issue but I'm still having a problem with the auto-monitoring for folders to use in the Library. Like others, I want to create a new Library on another drive. I have set that folder (I:\Music for example) to be the Rip folder and have added it to the monitor list. I have set all the C:\... folders to IGNORE and clicked OK. All my old music still shows up. I can not re-rip the music to the new folder since WMP thinks it is already in the Lirary. I don't want to delete the old Library either. On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:19:01 -0700, bigsky88 &...

Text field designed same on Graphical report as on Text report
Would like Text fields to be designed the same when printed on a Graphical report versus when printed on a Text report. For example, on a Text report they grow as needed depending on the size of the note. On a Graphical report, you need to make the text field as big as your largest note. Then when you print the Graphical report for a smaller note, there is a lot of unused white space on the report. ...

Setting Up Report
I am having a difficult time figuring this one out! I have a query that is pulling the fields that I need in a report. The fields are: BA Complexity Code NumberOfWorkDaysToCode/Key ES MCK 7 ES LCK 1 ES HCK 7 ES HCK 7 I need my report to look something like this: Number of Days To Code/Key HCK LCK MCK 1 Day 1 2...

Renaming forms tables and reports
Is choosing "save as" and making a copy and removing the original the only way to rename a report, table, or form? I started with the Issues template but I want to change the names of the objects. I can right click and rename the shortcuts in the navigator window, but the name doesn't change and the references are still under the old name. I do not want my shortcut to be a different name than the reference name because then there will be confusion for database maintenance. I've also tried renaming the objects in their properties window, but I couldn't find a na...

Creating a Report using two queries
I have created a chart report (bar chart) using one query. How can I create another single chart showing the results of both queries. One will show the bars of first query data and the other will show bars of the data from second query together in a single chart report. Any suggestions? -- FL This depends on how/if the two queries are related. I would expect the "X" axis values might be related. If so, join the two queries into a single query and graph the new query. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www...

How to compute Over short amount that shows in the z report
Hello, can anyone tell me how the over short amount in the z report is calculated? I am looking for the exact tables and its fieldnames for this computation. -- Thanks in advance, HNLuhar Hello HNLuhar....I copied and pasted this from the batch list report.....it reads the batch table to calculate "over/short"- hope this helps..... PaidOut + Dropped + LayawayClosed + PaidOnAccount + CustomerDepositRedeemed + ClosingTotal) - (OpeningTotal + Sales + Returns + Tax + Shipping + LayawayPaid + PaidToAccount + CustomerDepositMade + DebitSurcharge + CashBackSurcharge "HNLuhar...

I need help formating a template for finanical reporting

Win Media player10 the Skin does not display File, option,
Hello SOD, The Media player does not display the "file, option and other menu" instead it gives a skin which is not comfortable. To be honest I believe there is some registry issue which will unlock my default skin. thanks & Regards, Mayank Pressing Ctrl+1 should put WMP back into Full Mode, which will always show the default skin. You might have to press Ctrl+M too, to see the actual menus. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Mayank wrote: > Hello SOD, > > The Media player does not display the "file, option and othe...