Repeat Text

In cell C2 I have a text entry, Installation Complete XA3C.
I need to have repeat every 6 rows, in row 8, 14, 20,etc.  Not sure how far
down it needs to go, as that will be determined as the process is ongoing.
Any way to automate entering this entry for possibly hundreds of rows?
Thanks
Paul
0
PA (98)

You could add this formula to a blank cell:

=MOD(ROW()+4,6)

and copy down the column. Apply a filter to this column and select the
value 0, which will display rows 2, 8, 14, 20 etc. Then <copy> cell C2
and <paste> to the other cells in column C which are visible, however
many you feel you need. You can then delete the helper column (and the
filter with it).

Hope this helps.

Pete

PA wrote:
> In cell C2 I have a text entry, Installation Complete XA3C.
> I need to have repeat every 6 rows, in row 8, 14, 20,etc.  Not sure how far
> down it needs to go, as that will be determined as the process is ongoing.
> Any way to automate entering this entry for possibly hundreds of rows?
> Thanks
> Paul

0
pashurst (2576)
8/29/2006 11:57:54 PM
Many thanks, you just saved me hours of work.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

> You could add this formula to a blank cell:
>
> =MOD(ROW()+4,6)
>
> and copy down the column. Apply a filter to this column and select the
> value 0, which will display rows 2, 8, 14, 20 etc. Then <copy> cell C2
> and <paste> to the other cells in column C which are visible, however
> many you feel you need. You can then delete the helper column (and the
> filter with it).
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> PA wrote:
> > In cell C2 I have a text entry, Installation Complete XA3C.
> > I need to have repeat every 6 rows, in row 8, 14, 20,etc.  Not sure how far
> > down it needs to go, as that will be determined as the process is ongoing.
> > Any way to automate entering this entry for possibly hundreds of rows?
> > Thanks
> > Paul

0
PA (98)
8/30/2006 12:25:03 AM
Perhaps easier is to simply enter your text into C2 and C8.

Then select C2 to C13.

Click the 'fill handle' of the selection, and drag down to copy as needed.

And you're done!
--
HTH,

RD

"PA" <PA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Many thanks, you just saved me hours of work.
>
> "Pete_UK" wrote:
>
>> You could add this formula to a blank cell:
>>
>> =MOD(ROW()+4,6)
>>
>> and copy down the column. Apply a filter to this column and select the
>> value 0, which will display rows 2, 8, 14, 20 etc. Then <copy> cell C2
>> and <paste> to the other cells in column C which are visible, however
>> many you feel you need. You can then delete the helper column (and the
>> filter with it).
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> PA wrote:
>> > In cell C2 I have a text entry, Installation Complete XA3C.
>> > I need to have repeat every 6 rows, in row 8, 14, 20,etc.  Not sure how
>> > far
>> > down it needs to go, as that will be determined as the process is
>> > ongoing.
>> > Any way to automate entering this entry for possibly hundreds of rows?
>> > Thanks
>> > Paul

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/30/2006 1:12:37 AM
You're welcome.

Pete

PA wrote:
> Many thanks, you just saved me hours of work.
>
> "Pete_UK" wrote:
>
> > You could add this formula to a blank cell:
> >
> > =MOD(ROW()+4,6)
> >
> > and copy down the column. Apply a filter to this column and select the
> > value 0, which will display rows 2, 8, 14, 20 etc. Then <copy> cell C2
> > and <paste> to the other cells in column C which are visible, however
> > many you feel you need. You can then delete the helper column (and the
> > filter with it).
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Pete
> >
> > PA wrote:
> > > In cell C2 I have a text entry, Installation Complete XA3C.
> > > I need to have repeat every 6 rows, in row 8, 14, 20,etc.  Not sure how far
> > > down it needs to go, as that will be determined as the process is ongoing.
> > > Any way to automate entering this entry for possibly hundreds of rows?
> > > Thanks
> > > Paul

0
pashurst (2576)

Convert text to time format
Hey, I am unable to convert a piece of text that i copy paste from an external source to time format. Suppose I copy, "July 24 2006, 05:31 PM" and paste the same in excel it just assumes that that the entered data is text and I am unable to format the same. I need to convert this to the time format for proceeding with certain calculations. PLease help.:mad: :mad: +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: TTT.zip | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5111 | +-------...

Text in a cell
Are there limits to the amount of text allowed in a cell? If so how do I get rid of the limits? I have typed information in a cell and all of it is there but it does not show up and cuts it off. Thanks. Hi have a look at the Excel helpfile (search for 'Specification): - allowed: 32767 characters - only the first 1024 are shown in you cell / all characters are shown in the formula bar And no there is no way to get over this limit -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Steve wrote: > Are there limits to the amount of text allowed in a cell? > > If so how do I get rid of t...

message with RTF in outbox disables rich text control?
i develop a VAR application that sends emails on behalf of the user (using outlook automation usually via outlook redemption). An increasing number of customers are coming up with an error (0x8000405 unspecified error) when same program tries to instantiate a richtext object while emails are still in the outbox (or in drafts folder). Or at least that is my initial diagnosis. The richtext component seems fine. It was used to create the message body of the original email and that email is sent ok. Subsequent attempts to use the richtext control will work once the outbox is ...

Text Highlighting in Yellow (2000) ???
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C600B3.07A33400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable People, Is there a way to highlight text in yellow...in Publisher 2000. This is such a basic text function...available in *Word* for example...& = they can't provide this? Thanks, mark4man ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C600B3.07A33400 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transiti...

add perspective effect to text
can I add aperspective effect to curved text? There are WordArt features that may suit your needs. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "meinstone" <meinstone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90C7516F-1B23-40AE-A929-910AC655CBF3@microsoft.com... > can I add aperspective effect to curved text? What version? Having asked that, it's usually done using WordArt. "meinstone" <meinstone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90C7516F-1B23-40AE-A929-91...

How to display ALL text within a cell
I am using Excel 2002 on a Windows XP computer. When trying to display all the text in a cell, after a certain point the text stops wrapping around. In some cases, the text can be at least a page long (cutting and pasting from other documents). Cells can display 1024 characters, look in help for limits -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ltamura@rmhawaii.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60fc01c42e23$496f9900$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Excel 2002 on a Windows XP computer. When > trying to display all the text in a cell, after a cert...

Outlook not downloading text in emails
I have recently had trouble with outlook 2007. My messages are recieving and sending with no text. Does anyone know how to help? Caleb.vince@gmail.com wrote: > I have recently had trouble with outlook 2007. My messages are > recieving and sending with no text. Does anyone know how to help? I've got a similar problem: Got myself a nice big 320Gb HD today, cloned the old drive onto the new one, uber, not a problem at all, works perfectly, except... Every single email I've got in Outlook isn't displaying properly. New ones and old ones alike, some from POP servers, som...

speech and text
I have speech and text recoginition off but everytime I open word, outlook after reboot, it asks me if I want to install them. I say no but happens all over again. Thanks. ...

Importing multiple text files to spreadsheet
Just wondering if anyone might know if there's a way to automate this problem: I have 200 text files that need to be imported to 1 worksheet on Excel. - each file should be imported to 1 column in the Excel worksheet - the 'next' file imported to the next column - thus after the import, there should be 200 filled columns - starting with zero columns filled ??? Any ideas? ========================== FYI: essentially, i'm trying to get information from the text files - which represent 1 record - to a database, & i'm using a spreadsheet to do this coz after the i...

Access 2007 Rich Text Justify
Hi, 1. I want to fully justify text on both left and right sides. Text is stored in SQLServer Text column. 2. On the Rich Text ribbon, there are only icons for left, center, and right justification - no full justification. 3. Is it possible to add HTML tags directly to the text in the table for full justification? I tried using tags below, which works in browser from a notepad text file. However, it does not work in an Access 2007 foooooooooooooorm textbox set to Rich Text. I also want this full justification in an Access 2007 report also. Thanks. Alan Doeans't Work in Access...

Return Hyperlink from Query on Text Field
The select query I run returns a fully qualified result, suitable for hyperlinking. I would like to create an expression in my query that returns this information as a hyperlink instead of the text itself. The goal is to have a hyperlink created in the datasheet that's returned and not to create a hyperlink data type on the underlying table. Any suggestions? Scott, On the form in datasheet view, select the text box you want to appear as a hyperlink. On the properties dialog, on the format tab, find the Is Hyperlink property (near end of list) and set it to yes. If the entry in the tex...

Problems with autofit on rows containing lots of text
I have a spreadsheet (in Excel 2002) containing cells with large amounts of text. The text in the cells is wrapped. The spreadsheet appearance on the screen is fine, the autofit to the amount of text works. But when I print (or even preview), the top row of text in each cell is chopped off, even when there is only one line in the cell. I have tried multiple printers and various fonts. Changing printers makes no difference. The Courier font works the best (Courier New gives a mess), but not great. I tried multiple autofits, but that makes only minimal changes. I can make this specific...

Text Box Total
Hello, I am a bit frustrated, I have a report that in the detail footer section I have two textboxes that sum two feilds in the detail section.. [Credit] and [Debit] If I add a third text box in the detail footer section like this [credit]-[Debit] it all works fine if there is a total in both text boxes.. What I can not understand is if [Credit]=50 and [Debit]=0 then I should get a balance of 50.. Nothing is shown.. The text box field for the balance is blank... How can I fix this.. Thanks Bob Bob wrote: >I have a report that in the detail footer section I have two textboxes th...

Export to fixed width text file
I need to export an Excel spreadsheet to a fixed width text file--it cannot be tab- or comma-delimited. I've found that Access can do this correctly for me and will let me control the export process. However, my problem is that my company does not support Access so I have to find another method of exporting, and about the only tool I have available is Excel. No matter what I seem to do, it saves it in a tab-delimited format. To try and force it as a fixed width file, I change the font to Courier New, then I save it as a MS-DOS .txt file. Can someone suggest something that may h...

match computers in 2 text files
Can somebody help me with a vbscript. I want search computers in 2 textfiles, if the computers matched then write in Computers01.txt a text like "OK" i want read the first computers01.txt en match they other text file ( computers02.txt ) Example: computers01.txt computers02.txt ----------------- ----------------- server001,OK server003 server002, server001 server003,OK Server045 ...

Covert date to text
I have a mass of data with dates, which I need to group by DAY. I have formatted the cell to custom "dddd" so that it shows the day, however when i pivot report it still reads the date. How can i convert the date field to text to read the day? A straight forward format of cell returns the date in number format. HELP! "Alan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bc301c3c642$ada1f740$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a mass of data with dates, which I need to group > by DAY. I have formatted the cell to custom "dddd" so > t...

Outlook Rule
Is there a way to forward a message and add text to the forwarded message? When looking at Outlook's rule wizard, I haven't been able to find any combination that allows me to forward with added text. Does anyone know of any Outlook rule add-in's that will forward with text? Thanks Ron K. No, there is no rule to do this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and f...

use animated text or animated clip art
how can I use animated text or animated clipart in publisher? Only if you are creating a web page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Patty" <Patty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FA23101-2A3D-4AED-A759-883F3A3C9F8B@microsoft.com... > how can I use animated text or animated clipart in publisher? I thought as much - thought I was missing something - thanks. I find it odd I can use animations in Word, but not publis...

How to set text wrapping in Excel using template?
I am trying to use excel for my reports - using template - certain columns contains variable length text - which i need to wrap - for print out the cell row height should get adjusted using text wrap alignment with fixed column width - how to do that? thanks Select the relevant cell(s). right click, click on Format Cells. go to Alignment, and tick Wrap text "suchi banerjee" wrote: > I am trying to use excel for my reports - using template - certain columns > contains variable length text - which i need to wrap - for print out the cell > row height should get adjuste...

Formatting a Text Box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do you format the text within a text box to be centered both horizontally and vertically? <br><br>I am attempting to create a template using aligned text boxes so that 1 or 2 lines of text can be typed into the box and it will always be centered. Horizontal is easy to do, but I am not succeeding with the vertical? <br><br>The intent of this is to be able to enter names into each box and print and cut out name tag inserts. Maybe I'm using the wrong approach? Thanks! Well, the approach you are us...

Justify text across multiple columns
I have used Edit, Fill, Justify to fill rows with text within the boundaries of a set number of columns, but the text in each row is left justified. How do I justify the text (even spacing) in each row. If I highlight all of the text (multiple columns and rows) and then select Format, Cells, Alignment, Justify; Excel jams all the text into the first column. I know I could use a text box, but I'd prefer not to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. -Dave Hi Dave, Select the cells you want to center on. Under Format > Alignment > Horizontal drop down > Center across se...

text box help needed
hi experts - I am quite new to this. I have a txtbox on my bound form called txWorkCode. It is a required field and duplicates are not allowed. I want it to accept only digits 0 to 9 (but they are text, not integers). If the user enters 3 for example, I want a "0" appended to the front. In other words the underlying table will always be from 00 to 99 whether the user enters 1 digit or 2. I don't want the value to just 'look' like "03" for example, but I need there to actually be "03" in the WorkCode field in my underlying table. ...

word document, 2 column, repeat data in column 1 on all pages, us.
I would like to create a letter template, 2 column format, where column 1 information is repeated on all pages (similar to a header/footer), and column 2 would contain narrative data. As paragraphs are written and the first page is filled, the narration would continue onto page 2, in column 2. Put the "column 1" information in a text box or frame anchored to the header. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Stumped" <Stumped@d...

Text Import Wizard #2
Hi! When I access the Text Import Wizard (Excel XP), the option "File origin" is always setting to "932-Japanese (Shift-JIS)". How I change this for "Windows (ANSI) definitively? Thank you very much! ...

removes email text
I just installed Outlook 2007. It is removing email text from some email forwards. Is there some setting in Outlook to disable this? Thank you, Gary outlook does not have setting to remove text. its either the result of malformed html or a firewall or antispam scanner. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...