repeat text in same exact cells in multi worksheets

I have a workbook and have 20 worksheets in the book.

example of what I would like to do.

on the worksheet in the same exact numbered cells I want to put the
text in once and then put a forumla to make it copy the info to 2-19 pages
of the workbook.

like 1 of 20 pages, 2 of 20 pages - I only want to put the "of 20 pages" once
then have it when it's changed it would automatically change the other work
books if  I had 21 pages one time then it would change the others.  I hope
this
makes sense.

Thank you!
0
Jane (133)

One way

This needs to be done once only, select the 2nd to the 20th sheet by
clicking the first tab, holding down shift then click the last tab to group
the sheets. Now select the cell in question in the 2nd sheet, type an equal
sign, then click the 1st sheet tab and the cell where you want to link to,
then  press enter. Now ungroup the sheet and go to the 1st sheet and type
the string and you'll see that all the other sheets are linked and will
display what's in the cell of the 1st sheet

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a workbook and have 20 worksheets in the book.
>
> example of what I would like to do.
>
> on the worksheet in the same exact numbered cells I want to put the
> text in once and then put a forumla to make it copy the info to 2-19 pages
> of the workbook.
>
> like 1 of 20 pages, 2 of 20 pages - I only want to put the "of 20 pages"
> once
> then have it when it's changed it would automatically change the other
> work
> books if  I had 21 pages one time then it would change the others.  I hope
> this
> makes sense.
>
> Thank you!

0
terre081 (3244)
4/9/2007 11:10:33 PM
THANK YOU! - worked like a charm.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> One way
>
> This needs to be done once only, select the 2nd to the 20th sheet by
> clicking the first tab, holding down shift then click the last tab to group
> the sheets. Now select the cell in question in the 2nd sheet, type an equal
> sign, then click the 1st sheet tab and the cell where you want to link to,
> then  press enter. Now ungroup the sheet and go to the 1st sheet and type
> the string and you'll see that all the other sheets are linked and will
> display what's in the cell of the 1st sheet
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a workbook and have 20 worksheets in the book.
> >
> > example of what I would like to do.
> >
> > on the worksheet in the same exact numbered cells I want to put the
> > text in once and then put a forumla to make it copy the info to 2-19 pages
> > of the workbook.
> >
> > like 1 of 20 pages, 2 of 20 pages - I only want to put the "of 20 pages"
> > once
> > then have it when it's changed it would automatically change the other
> > work
> > books if  I had 21 pages one time then it would change the others.  I hope
> > this
> > makes sense.
> >
> > Thank you!

0
Jane (133)

Show which cell has MAX, MIN values?
At the bottom of a couple thousand rows of data, I have =MAX and =MIN formulas. Is there some way I could make the cells beneath my MAX and MIN formulas show me the address of which cell has the displayed MAX or MIN value? At least the row number? Ed Ed, To return the row =MATCH(cell with Max or Min value,range starting in row 1,false) or to return the address, say, in Cell N3000, for a value given in N2999 =ADDRESS(MATCH(N2999,N1:NN2998,FALSE),COLUMN(N1)) or to return other matching information, like a name in column A =INDEX(A:A,MATCH(N2999,N1:NN2998,FALSE)) HTH, Bernie MS E...

summarizing worksheet data
Hi, I want to create what should be a relatively simple spreadsheet with, say, fifty worksheets in the workbook. Each worksheet would be identical in terms of number of rows & columns, as well as the type of data those columns contain. On the first worksheet, however, I'd like to be able to summarize the cumulative totals of all the other sheets. So, for instance, if cell a20 on worksheets 2 through 50 contained a formula that calculated a sum of the figures in a1:a19, I'd like to put a formula in a cell in the first worksheet that will total the cell a20 in all the other w...

how can text be set up to generate a number?
i would like to a word generate a number, i.e.> enter "apples"in one cell and excel generate "352" in a different cell for items like inventory. Basically You will need to set up a 'Lookup' table somewhere with Apples 352 In two columns. Complete this for all entries and then if you are going to enter 'Apples' on another sheet in A1 then in A2 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Your_Lookup_Range_Address,2,FALSE) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "jwmaes" <jwmaes@discussions.microso...

Text Boxes added to Chart Series
How do I keep text boxes that I've added to a data series with the column they belong on? If I change the size of the chart in anyway, I have to move the text boxes back to their respective spots on the chart. Text boxes are not added to a series, but to the chart. This prevents their sticking to any particular points. Could you add them as data labels? If you use a built-in position (i.e., don't drag them around) they will stick with their associated points - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://P...

Text-wrapping horizontal axis labels
Hi, I've a small problem which I can't seem to find a solution for - I have created a set of financial reports for a client, which includes a number of charts. The charts are waterfall charts, which I've constructed using a form of stacked bar chart. The labels for the horizontal axis are linked to text alongside the calculations for the charts. The text in the labels is of varying lengths and for some of the charts, this text is being wrapped to two layers on the label that appear on the chart. Every now and then, one of the labels is too long, and instead of ...

Can't see text box fill colour
I have recently reloaded Office Small Business following a hard drive crash. I made some changes to display in Control Panel Accessibility this time that weren't there before. I've changed back to default but the problem continues. Previously I could fill or border text boxes and see the results in both normal view and print preview. Now the fill/border colour is only visible in print preview. Borders appear as black and fills as white in normal view. Text colours are unaffected. This is making life difficult as white text in a black fill just disappears until I go to pr...

Microsoft Excel ASC II Text Files
How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of file in order to import to another program such as "MaiList & AddressBook" Hi Bill try saving as 'CSV' file in the Save As dialog. This is a comma separated text (ASCII) file HTH Frank Bill Cadwallader wrote: > How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of > file in order to import to another program such > as "MaiList & AddressBook" ...

require cell completion in a form?
I have a very simple form in Excel. I'm not sure if it matters, but the machine I'm on uses Excel 2002, and most of the users are on Excel 2000. The first 2 questions on my form require that the user select from a list of names, and then select their relationship to that person. Then the users answer a series of questions about this person's job performance. I'm using data validation to manage the two drop-down lists - the names and the relationships. However, about a third of my users end up leaving one or both of these cells blank. I have a comment box set up as a remin...

Excel worksheet merge
Hello all, I have searched google, but to no avail. Here goes. I have one set of excel worksheets (one is an exact link to the other) that I copied four times for a total of five. I moved the 1st worksheet of each to an individual folder. So what I am left with are the 5 link worksheets. Can I merge the links together? I have an Access db that I will use to process the info. I have linked the links to an Access db and it works. Except I have 5 dbs instead of the one that I really need. The fields are the same in all linked dbs. My question is- should or can I merge before access and i...

Last cell with data in a range
I enter weekly data into a spreadsheet with a summary page at the front. After every week, when new data is entered, I want the formula at the front to use the cell with the new data instead of me having to change the existing formula. For example, my data looks like this: A B C 276 300 421 175 0 0 0 I need a formula that will automatically detect the last number >0 in column C. Thank you for your assistance! =Countif(C2:C1000,">0") so your main page formula might be something like: =...

Average range of discontinuous cells
I have a block of columns (P-CT) that I need to average but only every 4th one. Example: I need to average P, T, X, AB, AF, AJ, AN, AR, AV, AZ, BD, BH, BL, BP, BT, BX, CB, CF, CJ, CN, CR. If I just type =AVERAGE(selecting these cells) it gives me 40238 when the only one with a value is cell P. These cells contain dates if anything. They are payment dates. I need the average number of dates it took to pay something. Any ideas for Excel 2003? Thanks. Never mind. I forgot to include my beginning date. It works. Just user error. "Nadine" wrote: > ...

Changing info from one worksheet to the next
Hi all. I have linked my 55 sheets to one which is great. What i need to know now if possible. Each sheet has the same question over 11 columns Each row is dated and a numeric number from 1 - 10 in each row Now on the master sheet where everything is linked, is there a way that If i changed the date on the master sheet it would reflect the answers from the row with that date? At present the answers showing is for 01/03/10, but i would like to look at the totals for 08/03/10 and show the answers from each sheet for that date. I could have a sheet for each week, but im hoping there i...

retaining fonts when placing excel worksheet into pagemaker?
I am currently placing excel worksheets into Pagemaker software. I am having particular trouble with retaining the fonts in the text cells. When it appears in pagemaker the spacing is wierd and the numbers eg.(12/8) are crammed together. I used excel 2003. I am not a pagemaker wizard soooooooooo please help. Cindy I think PageMaker will let you Edit-->Paste special-->as a picture, won't it? Sorry, it's been a long time... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "parrydise" <parrydise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Viewing 2 worksheets in the same workbook
Is there a way of viewing data on two separate worksheets in the same workbook in a similar way to splitting a single worksheet? Thanks Choose Window> New Window Choose Window> Arrange Select Tile (or one of the other options), and check the box 'Windows of active workbook' Click OK In each of the windows, select a different worksheet to view. Ant wrote: > Is there a way of viewing data on two separate worksheets in the same > workbook in a similar way to splitting a single worksheet? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures....

display cell value in msgbox formatted as %
Hi I have been trying to come up with a way to display a cell value in a msgbox so that it formats properly as a percent. I have tried: Productivity = Format(Range("A1").Value, "###,# %") Msgbox Productivity This always gives me a leading 0 (e.g 015%) and I want it to display 15.0%. So I tried this: Productivity = Format(CStr(Range("A1").Value) * 100, "#,###.0") & "%" and it works ok but... I want to use the value of productivity in computations - which I can't formatted as a string ... Am I missing something - or is it as simple...

Can multiple cell results be displayed in a single cell?
Is it possible to display the contents of multiple separate cells in another single cell? If the results of several cells say B1, B2, and B3 are the amounts $10, $15 and $20, I would like to display them in cell A1 as follows: $10 $15 $20 I could do this statically by using text and the 'Alt|Enter' function within the cell. However, these amounts will change from time to time so I'd like a link. Is this possible or not? Thanks for any help. Brett Brett One way: In A1: ="$"&B1&CHAR(10)&"$"&B2&CHAR(10)&"$"&B3&am...

Using color to ignore cells in a formula?????
Is it possible to set up a formula in excel to ingore certain cells if you should change the color of that cell to a color. Example: =sum(a1:a50) if cell A25 was blue how can I ignore it so that it is not calculated? Mike A. Hi only with VBA. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm and http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Mike A." <MikeA@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:65C99320-9FE3-4E11-81C2-C262B82B565B@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to set up a formula in excel to ingore cer...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

Worksheet Change Event log for multiple cells
Dear All, I have a spreadsheet that is available here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b02e5h4/n/Worksheet_change_event.zip (although I scanned it for viruses please make sure you do it again prior to opening it as I cannot guarantee it's worm free). I would like to create a log file in an additional sheet (hidden probably) that would record every activity from column E after clicking a button assigned to a cell in that column and show these records in a worksheet Totals in a specific row. For example: Column A from a worksheet „Totals” corresponds with column A in ...

Pass a command text in pivot table
I've got a pivot table with data give back by odbc (in excel 2003). When i pass a new sql command, it answer me the database, also if i pass the connection string. My code is this: With ActiveSheet.PivotTables(sNamePivot).PivotCache .CommandText = sSelect .Connection = "ODBC;DSN=DS;DB=" & NomeDB & ";SRVR=;UID=SYSADM;PWD=" .Refresh End With sNamePivot --> string variable contain the correct name of the pivot table. NomeDB --> string variable contain the database. sSelect --> variable contain the sql command. Why does it called me ...

Excel: When printing some cells will not print text in them
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) When I print an Excel 08 spread sheet, two of the cells that have text in them will not print the text in the cell. All the other cells with text prints fine. The text does not even show up on print preview in the print dialogue box. Any suggestions on how to get it to include the text in these two cells? ...

Connecting Cell with Lines
I have seen MSExcel printouts that have dotted or solid lines of different colors connecting different cells in a sheet. Is that something that can be done in MSExcel or would they have been added outside of MSExcel? If it can be done in MSExcel, how? In article <QbYYg.13615$GR.1871@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>, "jerry" <jerryc314@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >I have seen MSExcel printouts that have dotted or solid lines of different >colors connecting different cells in a sheet. Is that something that can be >done in MSExcel or would they have been added outside of...

Finding text
I am using Excel 2007, I have a column containing formulas that would return a name if true and a zero if false. I want to search the column for the text entry and return that text as the answer. Can I do this or should the column formulas be changed to something else? The "T" formula seems to work only for one cell not the whole column. It's not real clear what you want to do. Here's my best guess... Assume you want to know if John is in the range. =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A100,"John"),"John","not found") Better to use a cell to hold the criter...

Return value from cell info
Dear expert, If A1 has a figure 39, If A2 has a figure 3, actually it is meant for row 39 and column C. How can I type the function in B1, so that it can capture the info in C39 (column 3 and row 39) Thanks Elton =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A1,A2,4,1)) -- Regards! Stefi „Elton Law” ezt írta: > Dear expert, > > If A1 has a figure 39, If A2 has a figure 3, actually it is meant for row 39 > and column C. > How can I type the function in B1, so that it can capture the info in C39 > (column 3 and row 39) > Thanks > Elton Thanks. It works .....

Protecting/locking individual cells? + not displaying #N/A on cel
HI, My spreadsheet is using Vookup formulas and I would like to protect the cells with the formulas from others changing them but still alow the oter cells to be free . Such C1 free to place a number that will allow the protected B1 (which has the look up formulae) to have the resulting detail from the look up -locked/protected. ALSO- I have then copied the formulae down to the page and some cells will not have all the time an item in them so now they are showing the #N/A - can this be not displayed? Ta Mike On Sep 10, 8:47=A0am, MikeR-Oz <Mike...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...