removing excel sheet password

hi

i forgot password for my excelsheet. i have so many important things in that
sheet. how can i open the document?. pls suggest me on this..

thanks in advance
0
nag1 (1)

this will do it

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Mike

"nag" wrote:

> hi
>
> i forgot password for my excelsheet. i have so many important things in that
> sheet. how can i open the document?. pls suggest me on this..
>
> thanks in advance
0
MikeH (222)
4/9/2008 6:56:04 PM
Password to open the file?

Password to unprotect a sheet or the workbook?

You mention "document" so I will assume you mean password to open.

But, if it is internal protection password removal see John McGimpsey's site.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Password to open is a little more difficult.

See John's site at  http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:36:01 -0700, nag <nag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi
>
>i forgot password for my excelsheet. i have so many important things in that
>sheet. how can i open the document?. pls suggest me on this..
>
>thanks in advance

0
Gord

Recommendations for Mobile workforce Password change
My company has about 150 users of which 100 of them never access the Corporate network. These are Webmail and Smartphone only users (they do not have company issued PCs). The only reason the have an account in AD is for email access. So I am looking for recommendations for password change procedures, policies, and tools. We run Exchange 2007 and there is a password change feature but the implementation is lacking. If you force a password change (through domain policy) the user cannot log in to get to the password change option once the password has expired. We have Exchan...

Emailing in excel 2003 01-29-10
Hi all Guru, I have created a button which emails the addresses as shown below, what i would prefer if i could have it so that it emails what ever email address is in cell B10, instead of having set email addresses. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveWorkbook.Save Dim Response As String Dim DefaultFolder As String, DefaultFileName As String Dim FileToSave Dim OutApp As Object 'this emails operations manager Dim OutMail As Object Dim strbody As String Response = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to Approve this PIP?", _ vbYesNo + vbInformatio...

Excel Macro Question #4
Hi All, I'm dealing with an Excel issue that's driving me crazy and I was hoping someone could help me out with. I'm working on a spreadsheet to track projects and I would like to create a macro that would track and show the number of a days a project has been opened for each time the spreadsheet is viewed or opened. If anyone can offer any assistance, I would greatly appreciate it! -Tommy Any reason you can't use a formula? Perhaps something like =TODAY()-A1 where A1 contains the date the project opened? In article <1176341869.342666.102220@e65g2000hsc.googlegr...

how do I copy several lines of word text into one excel cell?
In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each line pastes into a different cell) You can either double click the cell or press F2 key to get into edit mode for the cell, then the text pasted would all go into the cell. -Simon "jhh" wrote: > In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one > excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each > line pastes into a different cell) thank you SO much Simon CC - ...

login -- changed my password
silly me, not knowing that it wasn't my fault I changed the .NET password on the microsoft site. Now I'm getting the "Your sign-in name is not associated with your file" error. wonderful. Endre I had the same problem and thought maybe I had a virus or something. My password just suddenly didn't work and I changed my passport too. I changed it back to what it was. I'll be furious if this problem isn't fixed. I have about a years worth of stuff in Money and was just getting ready to use it to put together a budget, in addition to the fact that I haven'...

Adding in Excel Revised
I have a spreadsheet from Pay pal. It lists many columns and cells. For example in one of the COLUMNS (column D) it lists the words"us postal" which are postal fees I incurred, for debits and their are names listed beneath them as credits for paid sales. The actual numbers show in column H that I need to add up that are currently showing as debits. I do not want to add the credits in column H. Since Column H shows debits and credits- I need to separate these out and add the debits for total ship fees. I want to add up only the "us postal" fees in total IN THE COL...

Excel crashes after copy and paste of charts
Hello, I am using Excel 2002 and Micsosoft Windows 2000 Professional. In my excel file I first create two sheets, one with only one chart an another with two charts, then copy and paste the charts into worddocument. Then I remove the sheets. I do this over and over in loop, and after about 60 times (this varies) I get the message: "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We ar sorry for the inconvenience" and then Excel crashes. Any suggestions about how to solve this problem? Thank you, Sir -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Opening excel files
Hi everyone If I open an excel document from my documents, or other location, excel opens but then the file does not open. I can open excel files from excel and using the open command. but not staright from my documents. Any ideas? thanks Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on the file in windows explorer: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the win...

An issue when sorting in excel PivotTable
I designed a PivotTable in Excel 2003. Data source is a cube in Analysis Server 2000. I want to sort a measure. e.g. top 10. however, relevant to dimmension has many levels. E.g. level1--->Group (i.e. a, b, c,.....z), Level2---->UserName. it works fine if I sort & top 10 by Group. but an issue will pop up if I sort top 10 by usernamea and hide level group. it will list greater than 10 usernames. how can I get accurate results by sort & top 10. Are there some options to support or fix it in Excel PivotTable? thanks. -- Developer QA Dashboard Microsoft China Development Cen...

Excel 2007 will not start.... all of a sudden.. pls help
Hi, I have Office 2007... All modules were working fine on clicking icons of word,access,excel etc. All of a sudden to day I can not start.. excel.. other programs .. starts. on starting excel. clicking Icon... I get message as follow. " This file does not have a program associated with ith it for performing this actoion. Create an association with set association control Panel. " Also when With window explorer I go in office12 folder clicking excel EXE file doe not start error message this is not win32 file. can somebody help.. or do I have to reinstall Office 2007 ...

Excel 2002 Pivot Table Protection
I've been playing around with protecting my pivot table - so far, I can't get it quite right. What I'm hoping to do is allow users to refresh the pivot table and update any of the "page" dimensions, but NOT allow anyone to pivot or manipulate the row and column dimensions. Is this possible? You could use programming to restrict the pivot table use. For example: '========================================= Sub RestrictPivotTableExceptPage() Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) With pt .EnableWizard = False .EnableDril...

Macro for sheet delete, very easy
my code is: Sheets("Sheet 1 (2)").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete How can i hace it delete the seleted sheet, not always 'Sheet 1 (2)'? -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475211 This code deletes the active sheet, with no prompt for confirmation: Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete ...

excel based budgeting #3
what is product id 1878 excel based budgeting It enables you to export data to spreadsheets and import data from spreadsheets to budgets. You can find it on the Cards >> Financial menu under Budgets. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Max" wrote: > what is product id 1878 excel based budgeting ...

gridlines from excel worksheet not appearing in print?
im trying to make outlook print gridlines. i copy a piece of an excel worksheet into an outlook email. the gridlines appear ok. but when i go to print- they dont appear on the preview or the print out. also when i paste the same clipboard contents into wordpad and select print preview, the gridlines work! the only way i can figure how to get the gridlines to work in outlook is to paste special and select "microsoft excel worksheet". but the people here are pedantic, and want to be able to just paste the worksheet, and for it to have the gridlines visible on the print. (like...

Upgrade Excel 5.0
I currently have Excel 5.0. Is it possible to purchase upgrades for this version? I would like to upgrade it to at least Excel 97 but preferably further. Thanks. Hi Elizabeth 5 is old. Old like vintage. I don't think upgade licenses go more than a version or two back, so 5 wouldn't qualify for that. Worse perhaps is that only the current version is for sale at any time. That would be Excel XP for a few more days, until 2003 version arrives. You could always check the secondhand market and online auctions like www.ebay.com for older versions. There are a few new cool things in ea...

Excel Query
HI, I have a doubt in excel pivot tables. I have "Year" dimension in Page Area. Month and Week date dimension in Row area. There are some old data is displaying in week date. I dont want to change the pivot table design for this as data is huge. Want to know if a macro can help in this matter. Like If i select YEar dimension in the page area as "2004" the weekdate should only have data of 2004. Example : Below is the current setup YEAR 2004 MONTH WEEKDATE AMT JUNE 01/06/2003 0 06/06/2004 56 11/06/2003 0 11/06/2004 78 JULY 01/07/2003 0 06/07/2004 34 11/0...

Macro to remove contents of cell and move all other contents up one row
I've very lillte or no experience of macros and got some very usefu help from a kind user of this forum a couple of days back and I'm bac looking for more help. Its a bit long winded but here goes. I need a macro which checks the contents of a couple of ranges o cells, starting with the first range of cells lets say it checks cell A4,B4,C4,D4 down to cells A20,B20,C20,D20. Now if for example cell A7,B7,C7 and D7 have values (note the formulas used in these cell means that if A7 has a value then B7,C7 and D7 will also have a valu if A7 is blank then B7,C7, and D7 will be blank) and no...

Excel Cell Format for Numberic Values
When I export data having 20 numeric characters, Excel will put in place a scientifc equation. The numbers are rounded off after 15 characters. Cannot get Excel to display all 20 numeric numbers. Any ideas on how to get Excel to read all 20 numbers in a cell? Hi not possible. Excel only supports 15 significant digits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4324528D-BBAB-493C-A1B0-EC108BCB6571@microsoft.com... > When I export data having 20 numeric characters, Excel will put in place a > scientifc e...

In excel can you select certain cells which contain the same text
If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for text? try data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ade" <ade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:937AD9E1-668B-4E32-B194-29146DF0A60A@microsoft.com... > If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and > select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for > text? ...

Excel 2002 switches video mode on startup
Office Xp runs fine except starting Excel switches to 640x480, with toolbar icons much larger than normal. The screen momentarily goes black when switching from 800x600 and the comes up in the 640x480 mode. Have uninstalled Office XP and reinstalled but effect is still there. Word, Powerpoint etc work fine. A macro virus? Have deleted personal.xls and excel.tlb but no good. I've never heard of this problem, but you might try some of the steps at www.cpearson.com/excel/startuperrors.htm to narrow down the cause of the problem. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pear...

Opening Excel Opens Too Many Sheets
Don't know what I did recently but when I open Excel, FINANCIAL MANAGER is added to the main menu at the top and several sheets/files are opened that I do not want to open. FINANCIAL MANAGER wasn't there before and I can find no way to take it off the menu. I find no "startup" folder that lists these files that I could delete the shortcuts to - I've looked in the various folders relating to Excel but not found anything that might stop this activity whenever I open Excel. Opening the shortcut I'd been using to get to Excel, it's like a macro starts off and I fin...

Money 2001 password for CheckFree must be 4 digits
When signing up for checkfree I chose a 9 digit password. Money will onlt accept a 4 digit password. Whats up ...

Money 2002 (Standard V10.0) Password Protection ??
Hello; Is there a way to protect money file *.mbf using a password (general or exclusively for Money) ?? Money Help talks about using MS Passport, which if I'm not mistaken, is for on-line access to MS Communities. Correct ?? (That's what I've just done to access this discussion group to post my question!) Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, monir wrote: > >Is there a way to protect money file *.mbf using a password (general or >exclusively for Money) ?? Yes. You can put a conventional password on the file after you have removed the Passport. File->LoginLock...

Excel 2007 Form errors in calculations
I created a form in Excel 2007 that uses calculations. The calculations in the form work great on my home computer (WINDOWS 7, Excel 2007), BUT the calculations do not calculate at work using the same file. At work we have Excel 2007 and XP on a network. I've tried it on one of my co-worker's computer, no luck. I sent the same file to a friend who uses XP and Excel 2003 and it works just fine. What could it possibly be wrong?? ...

Date in data is changing to Jan in chart Excel 07
I have a row of dates: Dec-96, Dec-97, Dec 98, and so on up to Dec-08. The date in the first cell is typed in as 12/15/96, but formatted to show Dec-96. The rest of the cells are a foumula: =cell+365, the cell value is relative. When we create a chart, they become Jan. I tried changing the first underlying date to 12/1/96, which worked sometimes but not everytime I created a chart, and it didn't work for the end user at all. I've never run into this before. We have recently migrated to Office 07. If the values are not recognized as dates, or if the chart doesn't know t...