remote connections

In SS2K , how to enable remote connections ?

For example, from my machine, within SEM I'd like to create a "New SQL
Server Registration" connection to that machine.  This has always worked for
me in the past, but today I've encountered an SS2K instance which gives me a
"SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen (Connect())"
error.

Does it matter if the target instance is configured as "Windows
Authentication" vs "Mixed Mode" ?

I'm attempting the "New SQL Server Registration" via Windows Authentication.

0
John

I think you have posted to the wrong group - this is Excel.Newusers.

Pete

0
pashurst (2576)

Limited or No Connectivity? I think DHCP or AFD is the root of the problem!
Hello guys, I'm facing a serious problem here: I've been trying to fix a computer here but I am just so stuck. First the PC was filled with viruses to the point that it wouldn't allow you to get on the internet without some scan popping up and without the page rerouting you to an antisoftware page to buy the product. I got rid of all of that.:) The pc had XP SP2, so all I wanted to do was upgrade to XP SP3 and get the critical updates and security so it could be more secure. Boy was that not easy. The 2 times I've tried installing SP3, I have not been able to g...

last connection didnt go through
I use Money 2000 and tried to connect to Wells Fargo like I always do. I keep getting a message that says the last call was interrupted so they will try to resend it (It was an inquiry into a payment that wasnt received). After I try to connect, the pop up message says that money is unable to receive an email response ... WF says that I need to delete completly the 2 closed accounts I have at the bank that were closed due to check theft. Anyway, I dont want to delete because I reference old data all the time. Any ideas??? In microsoft.public.money, Victoria wrote: >I use Mon...

Unable to connect to SMTP server for outgoing emails
I have WLM installed on my laptop with Win 7 and have 3 email accounts that I use 1 n earthlink and 2 on my local ISP. I receive email from all 3 (using POP3) but am unable to connect to the SMTP servers to send on any of the accounts. I get the following error: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'smtp.skyvalleynetwork.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 Only the server will be different for my earthlink account. Any idea what is wrong. I have verified the...

Finding Time of idle remote sessions(RDP) in windows XP
Hi, Is there any way i can find the time of idle remote session(RDP) in windows XP using powershell. Please help! Hi Rajeev, Plain TS or XenApp\Citrix? Martin "Rajeev" <s.rajeev3@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b4c8b150-79ff-4f0b-8d90-a13118c8eeda@z4g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there any way i can find the time of idle remote session(RDP) in > windows XP using powershell. > > Please help! Its plain TS, using RDP In that case you should use Win32_LogonSession class and filter LogonType 10: http://msdn.microsoft....

microsoft 2007 exchange unavailable not online or connected
hi. i have just installed microsoft outlook 2007 on my new laptop. it seemed to install with no problems but when i go to open it it comes up with an error reading:- "connection to microsoft exchange unavailable, outlook must be online or connected to complete. can anyone help me please. clare. Do you use Exchange server? If not, close outlook. Go to control panel, mail and edit the profile- delete the exchange account and create the proper type of account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:...

Visual Studio Tools (Retreive GP Connection String)
Hi All, Can any body give me the suggestion on, how can i retreive GP Connection in visual studio tools, to perform direct SQL Operations. Thanks Ravi Polepalli Ravishankar I think you can have a look at the following KB Article https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;941457 Also, You can go through the following Article http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/02/why-does-microsoft-dynamics-gp-encrypt-passwords.aspx Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "Ravishankar" wrote: > Hi All, > > Can any body give me the suggest...

Strange timeouts when exchange server is connecting to our sendmail server
We have an exchange server at another location. I'm not the one who maintains it, but I can get the details if need be. One particular user is having some strange timeout problems when he sends messages with file attachments to the sendmail server at our location. It seems to be only him, and only when he sends attachments. Other messages come through fine. The sequence seems to be: - the exchange server connects to our server - it starts sending and then a short time later all communications cease. In a recent example, things stopped after about 80k of a 468k message was transferred. - t...

CAsyncSocket connect problem
Okay, Here is my network setup: My pc NIC IP is 10.128.98.121 My remote pc IP is 10.128.98.100 Now I wrote the CAsyncSocket class that will call Connect("10.1.1.20", 1234). By right, it should return error trying to establish connection to the remote pc which is on the same network (as I can PING it) but the function returns me 0 which means it fails. Why is that? Am I missing something? Mike Did you look at the error code? Was it, for example, WSAEWOULDBLOCK? This would be what is expected on a CAsyncSocket, and only later when the connection succeeds or fails will you get ...

remote desktop web connection
Does anyone have info on whether I can use remote desktop web connection on a lan as an emulator to connect to another app? Can I use remote desktop web connection to access terminal services? ...

Entering 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0) in the connection filter deny list
I'd like to block all incoming connections by entering 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0) in the deny list in Exchange 2003's Connection Filtering under Message Delivery, but the Okay button is greyed out. Is this normal? As a workaround I've entered these two entries instead: 1.0.0.0 (128.0.0.0) and 128.0.0.0 (128.0.0.0). As for the "why am I doing this," these servers are in an isolated area and should only be receiving mail from two specific servers that I've added to the accept list. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:57:06 -0800, "adam" <adam@discussions.microsoft.com&...

RMS Connection
Is it possible to tie CRM to the RMS database so that all changes are shared? Also, how do you import customer and product data from RMS to CRM? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Dear Tony, Do you want to import this data once or on a regular basis, including updates? If you do a single import you can use the data migration toolkit for MSCRM which can be found on one of the CD's. If you need to do an import on a regular basis you will have to create a process which will import this data through the Platform layer of CRM. We have used Microsoft BizTalk for this in a pro...

[NEWBIE] Checking work email from home (remote login?)
Hello, Long time computer user, first time Outlook user. I have an Email address already set up with outlook at work. I know the password. How do I set up Outlook from home to check my Email at work? Simple question, please don't flame me. Wags you need to also know the dns of the pop3 and smtp servers. something resembling mail.domainatwork.com, or pop.domainatwork.com / smtp.domainatwork.com. also, you'll likely need to know how the outgoing server authenticates. is your username the first part of your email address or the entire address, and does your "Outgoing Server ...

HELP: Connecting Visio and Database
hi there In order to generate some reports I have to color a map containing 1000 shapes. The manual way is just a no-go, so I decided to connect the drawing with some kind of a database (Access or Excel). I made some experiments; however with no real success. Can anybody give me some advises: - Is it even possible to connect a Visio drawing with 1000 shapes with an Excel-Sheet on a PC with 128MB RAM? - Is there any tutorial documentation for that specific purpose available (preferably on the Web)? - Is there a book recommendation that is covering exactly this topic? - Is there anybody, tha...

Connect SqlParameterCollection to SqlCommand
I have to pass a parameter collection to a method and then add it to the SqlCommand. Can I do that without having to go throught a foreach loop? I tried to do : command.Parameters = sqlParams; where sqlParams is an SqlParameterCollection. But got a message saying that it was readonly. I can loop through and just do: if (sqlParams != null) foreach(SqlParameter param in sqlParams) dbCommand.Parameters.Add(param); But was curious if I can just attach the collection? Thanks, Tom On Jan 14, 4:47 pm, "tshad...

Connection string to SQL Server to 2005
Hi, We have a software that we need to install on our users machines. During the installation process looks like it is trying to create a datbase in our sql server 2005. Here is the connectiong string that is generated by during the insallation process Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=true;Initial Catalog=DriverAccess;Server={ip address};Network Library=dbnmpntw;Application Name=Radiolinks Driver Access Manager When I include the IP address and move on and complete the installation it says that the installation was successfull. I see it available under Start/Pr...

MS Exange connection

Working on connection problem for hours!
windows mail vista ultimate cox webmail only, so not use the internet service quest is internet service at the house i live can not send or receive mail here are the errors... The connection to the server has failed. Subject '5', Account: 'kah', Server: 'smtp.west.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Account: 'kah', Server: 'pop.west.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR An authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Erro...

odbc connection fails in Office 2010
i recently got a new computer with win7, and also purchased Office 2010. A database that i have had for years is producing odbc connection failed errors. i had no problems with 2007 (with win7). i have gone throught the "sandbox" security change in the registry that i found in the online help. i have also added it to trusted sites, enabled macros, but still no luck. the test connection in odbc administrator works fine. On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:33:01 -0700, magick <magick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: What is the exact error? What is the app trying to do...

Exchange Connectivity #4
A new Exchange 2003 single site, has suddenly dropped access to all of the MS Outlook clients. Baseline security shows all is ok, pings fine, re-started all services and stores. Any ideas please?? what do you mean, exactly? what are the symptoms? any thing in the application log? can your users logon to the network? Global Catalog server OK? "Don Bews" <dbews@northlanarkchc.on.ca> wrote in message news:oX9Ce.15751$qg1.1377535@news20.bellglobal.com... > A new Exchange 2003 single site, has suddenly dropped access to all of the > MS Outlook clients. Baseline secu...

Can you connect to E*Trade brokerage account
I'm a new Money 2005 user and I have successfully been able set up my online accounts except one, E*Trade. I keep getting the message "Your accounts couldn't be updated with infromation from your bank or brokerage". Called Microsoft and they blame E*Trade, called E*Trade and they didn't even know Money 2005 was out already. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm I correct in assuming that I use the same username and password to access the information through Money as I do from the E*Trade website. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I am using both M2003 deluxe and M...

running eseutil from a remote desktop connection
it takes me an hour to get into work. i have to run eseutil this weekend to defrag my information store due to a lot of deletions. because it will take a number of hours, i'd like to do it remotely using remote desktop connection. that way i can start it and then periodically check on it throughout the day without having to go into the office. i've got a 2k3 server running exchange 2k3 sp2. are there reasons why this may/may not be wise? thank you. ross As long as your server is not setup to disconnect/terminate idle RDP sessions... (on a second thought... you could do it...

Outlook 2003 won't connect with Exchange Sever 2000
I just installed Office 2003 and tried to use Outlook 2003 to access my Exchange Server 2000 mail box. It won't connect. I keep getting the error message Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004011D) : 'The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists.' I still have Outlook 2002 installed on another machine in the office and it can still access the same server and mailbox without problems. Please, anyone with any experience here? Thanks. On the machine with OL2003, can you ping the Exchange server by name? Is your...

SMTP Server Remote Queue Length
All: I am getting the above message from the server daily. It states: QA large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send queue. This started about three days ago. The pending messages are from the Postmaster to a website in Korea (Daum.net). Since I do not know the reason for these messages, I have Frozen the queue and deleted the pending messages, but there are approximately 10 messages a minute being sent to the pending queue. I've checked to see if my Windows SBS 2003 server is being used as a relay, but it appears to not be the case. I have checked out Article 8...

connection problem
i have a home network , when i unplug the network cable and turn on my computer , and log on to win xp , it tells me the network cable is unplugged , when i plug the cable into the network card it doesn't tell me lan is now connected , network is active but the icon in the task bar doesn't refresh it's status , and when i log into winxp with unplugged cable , the mapped network drivers in my computer shows that every map drive is connected , it's supposed to tell me couldn't connect to all network drivers, and show the disconnected network drive on the mapped...

Remote users
Hi, does anyone know if there is a white paper available for Sales for Outlook and remote users, i.e. what is the recomended broadband connection speed for users connecting from a remote location and how long will it take to syncronize their data (average user)? To my knowledge, there is not a writeup that covers this. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:22:43 +1000, "Marlen" <m_fowler31@hotmail.com> wrote: Hi, does anyone know if there is a white paper available for Sales for Outlook and remo...