Reintstalling Office 03 on a new machine, Excel does not appear

Hi,

Had to put a new hard drive in my notebook, and reinstall XP home and all my
software. Reinstalled Office from original disks, and most of it works. Word
is fine. However Excel does not appear in Start/All Programs or anywhere
else. Tried three times. What's up?

Mike
0
Mike2222 (1)

Try Start>Run  excel.exe

Anything?

When you re-installed was it a "typical" or a "custom"?

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/remove programs.

Scroll down to Office 2003 and change/remove.

Select change.

Follow your nose from there and you can see if Excel has been installed.

Have your CD ready, you may need it.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:29:04 -0700, Mike2222
<Mike2222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Had to put a new hard drive in my notebook, and reinstall XP home and all my
>software. Reinstalled Office from original disks, and most of it works. Word
>is fine. However Excel does not appear in Start/All Programs or anywhere
>else. Tried three times. What's up?
>
>Mike

0
Gord

Excel Question #21
Hello All, How can I subtract dates to get whole numbers in Excel? I am trying to link DOB's with a chart that rates based on age. example: 12/20/2005 - 12/20/1955 = 50 years old. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Adam Use the DATEDIF function. =DATEDIF(start_date,end_date,"Y") For more info about DATEDIF, see www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "AB" <AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F613DAF0-519F-4642-8ADB-F7...

Outlook 2003
Do you know what needs to be changed to have the attachments you send in email be shown inside the body of the message vs being shown as a 4th line in the header of the message? Hi Joy, Your Format have to be chang into HTML or Rich Text. -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de Actually, only Rich Text format will give the original poster the result she wants. HTML and Plain Text will put the attachment icon in the header. To the OP -- be careful about sending out Rich Text mes...

Is it possible to record a number with a leading zero in Excel?
I have a number of product codes that have been created with a leading zero eg 0101 . When they are imported to Excel, Excel removes the leading zero. Is there a way that I can set Excel up so that it does NOT remove these (kind of important) digits? I much appreciate your assistance in advance! Jonathan, Format the cells as Text. HTH, Nikos "Jonathan HB" <Jonathan HB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE5EFA1C-F2C5-40C4-B12C-CA3598FF3031@microsoft.com... > I have a number of product codes that have been created with a leading zero > eg 0101 . When th...

convert WKS file to 2007 excel
Any ideas? Mike Do you have a previous Excel version that you an open it with? -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Mike Stewart" <MikeStewart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CEA0B3D-C262-4AD0-ACFD-4DBB762B5985@microsoft.com... > Any ideas? > Mike I have 2003 but it will not open it ether. Mike "Bob Phillips" wrote: > Do you have a previous Excel version that you an open it with? > > -- > __________________________________ > HTH > > Bob > > "Mike Stewart" <MikeStewart@discussions...

using a command button in excel
Hi.. I am making a product price calculation sheet for my company & want to know how i can use a command button. with a command button can be name as ADD & once clicked should save all the details in the current sheet to a cumulative excel sheet. With this i can create a cumulative sheet where i can see all the data i have seleted. Please HELP... Thanks & regards The command button is a tool that creates an event which triggers an action That action is determined by a procedure (macro) which is either attached (button from Forms Toolbar) to the button...

Domain controllers do not appear to be running
Just installed CRM 3.0 on a Win Server 2003 machine with SQL Server 2005. When I run the Environment Diagnostics Wiz I get a warning that the PrivUserGroup, ReportingGroup, and SQLAccessGroup domain controllers do not appear to be running. Any idea how to fix this? ...

New Related Question
In regards to the former discussion (http://tinyurl.com/762vq62) which worked great by the way (Thanks to all who helped!), how could I change the Case statement to populate a cell based any change in value, not just a specific text entry? A current example based on specific text: Case "SENT", Range("Q" & n) = "" Range("Q" & n) = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yyyy") Thanks in advance for your help! magmike On Dec 7, 2:11=A0pm, magmike <magmi...@yahoo.com> wrote: > In regards to the former discussion (http://tinyurl.com/...

open excel
i have microsoft office 60 days trial but i can,t open excel Hi what error message do you get -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "adel" <adel@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F66F7745-2046-473B-9279-3952D201980B@microsoft.com... > i have microsoft office 60 days trial but i can,t open excel this copy is expired? <g> -- keepITcool | www.XLsupport.com | keepITcool chello nl | amsterdam Frank Kabel wrote : > Hi > what error message do you get > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany > > &quo...

Can I open Visio in Excel?
I seem to recall begin able to have an Excel spreadsheet open and using Visio at the same time to incorporate it into the spreadsheet itself. Am I imagining things? You can paste a Visio diagram into Excel as an OLE embedded object. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "new2eku" <new2eku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:375DDB25-25D4-4018-8D92-6A6A51281517@microsoft.com... >I seem to recall begin able to have an Excel spreadsheet open and using >Visio > at th...

XMLSS document to Excel document in .xls format
Hi all, I need to save an Excel Xml document (XMLSS) as an Excel document in .xsl format. Does anyone know some automatic way to do this? Thanks in advance, Dominik. ...

Often-Used Code not working in a new Workbook
I have the following code to transfer an option from a combobox to a cell on one sheet. I've used this code several times before in other workbooks, and it works absolutely fine, but, for some reason, in my current project, it just comes up as an error and the 'Range("G11").Select' line is highlighted in yellow. Is there some obvious or uderlying reason for this, does anyone know? The code is: Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Worksheets("How").Activate Range("G11").Select ActiveCell.Value = ComboBox1.Value Worksheets("Statskeeper").Activate E...

updating Office 2004
I need to update Office 2004 from version 10.1.6 to the latest version 11.3.7. I am having a hard time doing this from the MS download page, because each new version requires the preceding one to be installed first. What should I do? Also, how can I set Office to search for automatic updates to avoid this problem in the future? John <jromeise@utk.edu> wrote: > I need to update Office 2004 from version 10.1.6 to the latest version > 11.3.7. I am having a hard time doing this from the MS download page, > because each new version requires the preceding one to be installed &g...

Copy Excel to new laptop?
When I bought my PC, I had Excel loaded on it. I did not receive the program CDs. Can I copy the Excel files to my new laptop? How do I know what to copy? Hi JP I think you must buy a new version for your laptop. http://www.microsoft.com/office/howtobuy/default.mspx Your old machine have a OEM version I think on it that belong to that machine. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "JP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:202e401c4594d$7560ab80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I bought my PC, I had Excel loaded on it. I did not > rec...

Calendar in Excel #4
Can someone help me with a calendar to use in Excel that can be formatted so as to show special dates, current holidays, etc. WARNING: I need explicit instructions. This sort of stuff is not intuitive to me. Thanks, Dot ...

Update 11.3.9 for Office
Released today (November 6, 2007), Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.9 Update According to the update�s Read Me file this update patches a printing problem in Microsoft Word only. It does not affect Microsoft Entourage 2004, which will still appear as version 11.3.6 after the update is applied. <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> As best I can tell, Word still reports its version to be 1...

Outlook 2007 cannot add non Office attachments
We are running Office 2007 pro on a Window 7 64 bit machine. If you go into Outlook and create a new message and then try to attach a file it will not show up as attached near the subject line of the email. I have tried several different file types all coming from a network locations and amazingly the only file types to work are Microsoft office files such as doc and xls files. The other files do not show up and no warning popup is given. Any ideas? Kelly;117775 Wrote: > We are running Office 2007 pro on a Window 7 64 bit machine. If you go > into > Outlook and crea...

Problem registering Office:mac 2008 #2
I just bought MS Office 08 for Macs, and everything installed fully with the registration key code. I restarted my computer. Now whenever I click on any of the 4 applications (Word, Powerpoint, etc) they won't open. Instead "MS Office Assistant" opens immediately asking me to "Get Started" by either learning more or Registering. Whenever I click register and log in my hotmail name/password, it takes me to a page "Mactopia" with long URL that begins with https://profile.microsoft.com/RegSysProfileCenter/wizard but the page is blank (white) except a gray bar ...

Word, Excel 2003 + 2007 on same Win7 computer
I've always used the Office 2003 programs. But recently, I decided to switch Outlook to the 2007 version. In the process. Office 2007 also installed the 2007 versions of Excel, Word, etc. So now I have both Word + Excel 2003, and Word+ Excel 2007 on my Windows 7 home premium computer. I don=92t care at all for the ribbon and other features of Word or Excel 2007. But now my opening an old Word or Excel file brings up 2007 Excel I know there=92s a setting to create an association between .XLS, .DOC etc.. and a particular program, in this case Excel 2003. I tried to make t...

Excel "name sheet"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C5C2E0.FBC71BC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All. Please tell me what is the formula that it gives back the name of the = sheet excel? As an example, name "sheet1" =3D???? Thanks Marcello ------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C5C2E0.FBC71BC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD&g...

excell attachment lost
Question > Opened and worked in an excell attachment I sent myself from work, altered it and "saved" but did not "save as". Where is it saved in this instance? It did not overwrite the previous .xls file nor did it change the mail attachment. Lots of work, now I can't find it and have no idea what filename system may have assigned. Any help is greatly appreciated. -Matthew It could be in a temp file somewhere. Look there or do a windows find files for *.xls and then sort by date. Best to save the attachment before opening the file. "Matthew" <o...

EXCEL FILE IN INTERNET
Hi, Help is this highly appreciated. I am sending the daily report almost across teh country on daily basis. Is it possible to keep my excel file in internet ? so that anyone can read my file (yes, probably we have to allow them, after enter the correct password). also, is it possible to update this file online? Awaiting for your help -Sivassou. ...

How to export more then 10.000 contacs to excel?
Hi NG, does anybody know how to export more than 10.000 contacts to excel or can i call this a "feature"? Regards Nicolas F=FChrs Hi, I havent tried for 10,000+ contacts...just being curious...did u try exporting the contacts from the option "Static Worksheet with records from all pages in the current view" (this is the second option under that excel icon)? "Nicolas Führs (www.connectiv.de)" wrote: > Hi NG, > > does anybody know how to export more than 10.000 contacts to excel or > can i call this a "feature"? > > Rega...

Close Excel Completely Using VBA #4
E Oveson I sorted this............. What I needed to do is place the Application.Quit part into the Workbook_Deactivate() VBA page, and not within the butto VBA that had the save and close part. So when the button was clicked it Saved........Closed th Workbook...... Then closed the Application using the Deactivate code. Thanks for all your help. Celtic_Avenger :) :) :) :) : -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: ...

Sample Code Request for Importing SQL Tables to Excel
Hi, currently, I am using Excel 2000. I would like to do the below in VBA. I am new in SQL Programming in VBA. To help you to understand myself better, I have been programming in VBA for Excel quite sometimes. But for the below, I am totally new. Pls help me. It is urgent. 01) Check that a local pc connected to an SQL Server (This server is located in my office) successfully. 02) Connect to the SQL Server. 03) Open the database. 04) Open a table in this database. 05) Extract this table. 06) Copy all extracted records and paste in one worksheet in my Excel File. 07) Close the table....

Does Excel 2003 have SPC XL add-in included in the package?
I would like to buy Spc XL add-in for myself however I have heard that it comes included in the MS excel 2003 version. Is this true? Nope, not true. -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "Cookie" <Cookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B458175-5B34-4F95-98D2-1E1A57F5E295@microsoft.com... > I would like to buy Spc XL add-in for myself however I have heard that it > comes included in the MS excel 2003 version. Is this true? ...