Record Macro and Edit Macro options disabled

Hi,

I've downloaded the Excel 2007 trial and I'm want to record a macro but the
button, along with the Visual Basic and Macros ones on the Code section of
the Developer tab in the Excel Ribbon are disabled.

I have the Macro Settings set to "Enable all macros" and ticked the "Trust
access to the VBA project object model" in the trust center. I have closed an
re-opened Excel and have tried creating new workbooks in 3 formats
(extensions xlsx, xlsm, xlsb) but can't get the buttons enabled.

What have I missed? Or are macros disabled in the trial version?
Thanks
0
Huzza (2)

I've just found the problem. Despite installing everything under the
"Microsoft Office Excel" section, including the "Internet Assistant VBA", I
didn't install VBA itself, as this is held under "Office Shared Features". I
didn't look here as I didn't realise VBA was a seperate feature!

Hopefully this post may help someone else.

"Huzza" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've downloaded the Excel 2007 trial and I'm want to record a macro but the
> button, along with the Visual Basic and Macros ones on the Code section of
> the Developer tab in the Excel Ribbon are disabled.
>
> I have the Macro Settings set to "Enable all macros" and ticked the "Trust
> access to the VBA project object model" in the trust center. I have closed an
> re-opened Excel and have tried creating new workbooks in 3 formats
> (extensions xlsx, xlsm, xlsb) but can't get the buttons enabled.
>
> What have I missed? Or are macros disabled in the trial version?
> Thanks
0
Huzza (2)

Question about what "Home" means in the Home and Student Edition

synchronizing new e-mail ( headers only option)
Hello. there is an option to synchronize mail full message or header only or new message in outlook express. I just want to synchronize Headers of new e-mail only wheni check for new e-mail..( you know there is so much spam now ad ays..i just do't want to open any new e-mail in my e-mail inbox until i know it is not spam...) please reply with a solution. Thanks. rao You can use an IMAP account in OE to accomplish this. Please note, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting...

User able to see records that he is not supposed to
Hi, I have a user having a role that has permission to read only records that are created by him. He is able to see records that are assigned to a team X. He is not a member of team X. I have no clue how he is able to see it. I have checked every setting very carefully.Please help. IS IT a Microsoft CRM BUG??? Cheers, kunal Hi, Kunal, Can you please provide the specific settings of the security role(s) assigned to the user? Thanks, Leslie -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This ...

disable reports daterange dialog to show up twice
Hi, I created a report with daterange parameters. Everythings works fine but when I want to print some report, the report asks the user again for the date parameters. Having installed the CRM update CRM1.2-KB834913-Server.exe which should repair this bug, I noticed no change. The reports always asks twice for the parameters. Is there any secret for this mystery... Greetings Thomas Ott are all these parameters in a single report or are you using sub reports as well? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Th...

macro for comparing fields in two work books
Hello, I have two excel spread sheets (say A1 & A2). A1- is the master sprea sheet and A2 is smaller spread sheet with very few details. Suppose Column B in A2 has 100 partnumbers and Column C in A1 has th superset of partumbers (1000) and corresponding details for each par number, I need to: 1. Check if all the 100 part numbers in A2 has a corresponding match i A1 2. Extract the info for the matched partnumbers from A1 and list in seprate sheet. 3. Even if there in no match A1, let's say for 40 of them, it shoul still list those parts in the new sheet. Can anybody help me with t...

Where is the Delete Messages options?
I've looked and looked without success. I'm pretty sure I saw it before. Its where it asks you if you want to save a copy of messages on the server and then should give an option for it to be deleted from the server when you delete it from your Deleted folder in Outlook. That seems like a good way of syncing things. Gary Gary wrote: > I've looked and looked without success. I'm pretty sure I saw it before. > Its where it asks you if you want to save a copy of messages on the server > and then should give an option for it to be deleted from the...

CRM 4.0 DESKTOP client for Outlook don't load all options (?)
Today I found some problem in CRM Desktop Outlook client...when I try to create e-mail quick campaign I did't find option "e-mail via mail merge" and the same option for list. In CRM menu (in Outlook) under Otions I didn't found "synchronization" tab. After restart Outlook for few hours all was ok, but after I observed the same situation, restart and all is ok... Is some solution of this problem... ...

shift and down keys in macro
Hi, I want to mark four cells. How can I write shift+down+down+down in a macro. (Then I say copy paste etc). Thanks Cousin Excel Activecell.Resize(4).Select Activecell.Resize(4).Copy OR starting from cell A1 copy 4 cells to the same sheet cell J1 Range("A1").Resize(4).Copy Range("J1") -- Jacob "CousinExcel" wrote: > Hi, > I want to mark four cells. > How can I write shift+down+down+down in a macro. > (Then I say copy paste etc). > Thanks > Cousin Excel Hi and thank you Jacob Skaria. This was something new for me...

Disable Startup Programmatically
Is it possible to Programmatically open an Access database while bypassing the startup? Basically I need the VBA equivilent of holding the Shift Key. I can definitely get into the nuts and bolts of the issue further but the general overview is that I am writing a version control module. It checks to see if there is a new version avaliable and the path to the newest version from an external Db on startup. If obsolete it creates and runs an executable that saves the obsolete db as a new name then copies the new version into the same folder. It then opens the new version and r...

Prinding each row of Excel sheet on a seperate page dispallying one record on each pa
From a spread sheet ,I need to print out a row on each page seperately that is printout each record on the row on one page seperately. Can any one please advise how it can be done ? Fro example Row 1 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Row 2 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Row 3 Data 31 Data 32 Data 33 I would want to print out Data 11 and Data 22 on one page then Data 21 and Data 22 on the second page and data 31 and Data 33 on the third page Pleae advise if and hwo this is possible. Thank you Sanjeev --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sorry ...

Record Change Confirmation
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0081_01CAB184.C1BB7DD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2007 sp2 I'm using the following code I found on the web, on a Single Form, to = have the user choose to either save the record or not save the record or close the message box and continue editing: Private Sub cmdSaveAndClose_Click() If Me.Dirty Then Dim BlnOutcome As Integer BlnOutcome =3D MsgBox("Record(s) have been added or changed." _ ...

macro protection problem
What is the preferred method to deal with macro protection? I have just updated all the machines to office2k3 and now a critical worksheet that uses benign macros doesn't run because of the protection. Bringing security to "low" allows it to run but each user has to set that themselves. I have heard about creating a local CA for trusting the macro and I am interested in that but isn't there an easier way? Setting security to low is very unwise. Stupid even, in a company. All methods involve making changes on each machine unless you have Group Policies set up (which...

Migrating E5.5 Mailboxes with ADC created disabled accounts to to E2K3
I am getting to the end of my migration but still have all the resource mailboxes with ADC generated diabled accounts in AD to migrate. I'm not sure how to proceed with this. Can I just enable the accounts in AD migrate the mailbox and disable it again or do I have to create a whole new account in AD delete the ADC generated account and re-attached the new account to the mailbox in E5.5 then migrate it to E2K3? You can use the accounts it created. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@a...

Installing CRM on 2003 Web Edition
Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. The implementation guide is says it is a supported OS, I am planning on attaching WS03 Web Edition to an SBS 2003 server. I know that the supported configuration has everything on the single SBS box, but I would much rather put some things on other boxes. I am also planning on putting SQL Server on its own box as well. Any comments on this configuration? thanks, Geoff Hi, Beware that SQL Server cannot be installed on a Web Server edition ! -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni...

Macro to open print window and set to print entire workbook
I need help getitng a macro created to open the print window, then se it to 'print the entire workbook'. Then the macro would stop. At whic the user would then specify additional specs for printing. I.E. # o pages, paper size etc. I am trying to default the 'print entire work book option' withou restricting the user from other print specs. I have a macro that will print once a button is clicked on th spreadsheet but it goes directly to print and does not let the user se other specs. I.E. # of pages, etc. Thanks in advanc -- retseor ---------------------------------------...

Formula to reference another worksheet, locate data, then record i
Hi All, It has been over 10 years since I did my Excel studies and I've unfortunately forgotten everything I haven't used regularly. My office has recently upgraded to Office 2007 (upgrade not being the descriptor I'd have chosen!) and I'm struggling with Excel. I've found my way around most issues, but I'm REALLY stuck now and suffering Friday-itis on top of it all! Essentially I have a multi-sheet workbook for my debtors ledger. Each page has separate columns for the customer numbers, names, total debts in each age range (7 days, 14 days etc), totals and lastl...

checking for existance of file before running macro
I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I want to be able to check to see if it's there first and if it's not send a msg to the user stating that the file isn't there. When the user clicks okay on the box I want the macro to end without error. Can anyone help? thx, Jim You can use the Dir() function: dim myFilename as string myfilename = "C:\autoexec.bat" if dir(myfilename) = "" then 'it's not there else 'yes, it is end if Jim wrote: > > I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I wan...

Advanced Find should let me search records between two dates
When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for records that came in between two dates. For instance, I would like to be able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15. In 3.0 you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On," "On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates. The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

Macro to "save as"
Hi, Am using excel 2003 and am wanting to create a macro, attached to a button, that will save as a particular cell #, say A2, and then print. Have the print down pat, but can't figure out the save as part....... -- Thanks for the help What is in cell A2? Try things like these, depending on what you have and what you want to do.... ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Range("A2").Value & ".xls" ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs Range("A2").Value & ".xls" ThisWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\Folder Path\" & Range("A2").Value & ".xls", Ad...

Comparing records in 2 databases
I need to update an access database each day, with stock and price info, and then update it online. Is there a way to compare the before and after tables, and make a new table with only the changed records (only the changed fields!) plus the primary key? OR, does anyone know of a fairly inexpensive program that will do this? For Access 2k. Thanks! Tracking date record was created or updated, SQL Syntax --- It is a good idea to add these 2 fields to all your tables (except lookups). Let them be the last 2 fields. DateCreated, date, DefaultValue = Now() DateModified, date � set on...

SMTP service does not fail over to the next mail MX record
I have a problem whit SMTP outgoing mail on my Exchange server 2003 sp2 on a Windows 2003 sp1 and all fixes and updates on. The SMTP service does not fail over to the next mail MX record after the host for the first (lowest) MX record returns error. I have tested with SMTP Diag from the exchange server to several domains where the first MX record return error and SMTP diag failes over like it should do. I’ve tried to use both internal and external DNS whit the same result. I know that this error was fixed in W2K3 SP1. Any ideas ? What are you determining to be an error here? Is the...

excel vba
is there a way to disable the close button on a userform such as password screen that would disable a person from being able to clos the userform by hitting the x button in the top right. I have it se up so that they have to enter a password to view the page, bu overlloked the fact that they can simply hit the close button. An ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Use the form's QueryClose Method Here is the (pasted) example from the Excel VBA Help file Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer) 'Prevent user from closing ...

Autoexec macro code
Hope someone can help. Looking for suitable autoexec macro code to open my database automatically. My database does not have a switchboard. Not sure if I need one to do this. Thanks, regards, Paul. Hi Paul, If your database doesn't have a switchboard, what is it that you want to open automatically when your database opens? Try setting the startup properties if you want to open a specific form - right click on the database window and left click on "Startup". Hope this helps. Damian. "Paul" wrote: > Hope someone can help. > > Looking for suitable au...

Exchange Relay Option
I was Exchange 2000 Server (SP3) on Windows 2000 Server. Recently we are getting lots of junk mail into our corporate email (bypassing the spam filter software). The "FROM" email address is from an account which is valid email account for my company. I'm trying to figure out a way to disable spammers from doing that? In the SMTP options I set the "Relay" to only allow for local IP addresses and for computers who authenticate.. How can spammers still send emails using an account from my company? Does the relay option do what it is suppose to do? Or is there a different ...

Updated records in forms
Each record in a form is a work order. School, contractor, days of work, etc. I have a pop up calendar to select a week ending date for each record. Record 1's week ending date is Nov 13, 2009. Record 2's week ending date is Nov 20, 2009. When I change the date in record 2, it's changing the date in record 1. Each record's week ending date become all records' week ending date? Can I use a pop up calendar in a record and be able to retain the correct week ending date for each record. If so, how would I be able to accomplish this? Thanks for your inp...