read only

help, read only was set in my page without my input. how do i undo
there was no password set to protect, however, the cells are all locked into
readonly
0
yo1 (3)

Tools > Protection > Unprotect sheet.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200842

"yO" wrote:

> help, read only was set in my page without my input. how do i undo
> there was no password set to protect, however, the cells are all locked into
> readonly
0
GarysStudent (1572)
3/31/2009 11:18:02 PM
Have you tried.......Tools > Protection > UnprotectSheet ?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"yO" <yO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> help, read only was set in my page without my input. how do i undo
> there was no password set to protect, however, the cells are all locked
> into
> readonly

0
croberts (1377)

E-mail can be read by Every one
Hi: We have SBS 2000. All Service Paks for Exchange and Win 2000 Server are current. I just found out that every one can read each other e-mail by opening other user's mail box in Outlook. I checked permissions on MailBox Store (First Storage Goup\mail Box Store) Everyone Group has all permissions except Full Control and Delete and allow inheritable permissions was checked. This is critica. Please assist. Many Thanks JM "JBM" <JBM@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ugqEHcYxFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi: > We have SBS 2000. All Service Paks for Exc...

Can't Read Word Attachments
I use Outlook 2003 (Rich-text) in my office and Agent 1.93 at home. I used to be able to send my home PC Word attachments, but now Agent is showing them as .dat files which I can't open with any program, even Word (the messages are scrambled). I didn't change any settings on either e-mail program. What can I do to make it possible to send Word attachments that I can read in Agent? Thanks! ~ narnia ~ wrote: > I use Outlook 2003 (Rich-text) in my office and Agent 1.93 at home. I > used to be able to send my home PC Word attachments, but now Agent is > showing them as .dat fil...

How to read OneNote files created in XP on a Mac
I have OneNote files created in Office 2003 on a PC running XP professional. I want to transfer them to a Mac and be able to read them. Is there a way to directly do this? The laptop that the files are on is currently broken so I would be having the data transferred off the hard drive, so converting the files in a PC would be an issue and would be a last resort, since it would involve transferring them to another PC, converting them to Word and then transferring them to the new Mac. The company the Mac is being purchased from is willing to transfer the data files from the old ...

Outlook 2007 problems viewing emails in Reading Pane
it's getting worse... when i select another email it won't change views in my Reading Pane - when new mails come in, where it normally would change to view the new mails in the top pane, i can see new mails in my Folder View (Inbox) but not to the right. i have to close and reopen Outlook almost everytime to correct both of these problems. anyone recognize these issues? thanks Yep, recognized and posted to the Bug Report database already. Supposedly fixed in a newer build. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unso...

How can I read email from my old computer?
My computer recently died due to a power outage. I have purchased a new one and had the computer store install my old hard drive as a second drive. I am now running XP on my new drive while my old Windows 98 drive contains all my old files and software. Is there any way I can read what was in my old Outlook (inbox, sent items etc.) and somehow bring them into my new Outlook running in XP? I did not have any backups of my email folders, unfortunately. Jeff. Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-...

Trying to enlarge tab size on worksheet for easier reading
I'm trying to enlarge the tab size on my worksheets so that they are easier to read. I have highlighted them and changed the font size but nothing changes. I am using office 2000. I'm wondering if upgrading microsoft office would help. Thanks! Unfortunately there is no way to increase the tab size. In Office 2002 & 2003 you have the option to colour the tabs but that is it. You could try right-clicking the navigate buttons (the VCR like) button on the left of the tabs, this will present you with a list of all the worksheets in the workbook. Windows XP has a magnify facili...

Marked all as read
i accidentally marked all of the messages in my inbox as read. can i somehow undo this? thanks! Highlight the whole lot, right-click on the highlighted articles, and scroll down the popped-up picklist for "Mark as Unread" - and then left-click this option. >-----Original Message----- >i accidentally marked all of the messages in my inbox as read. can i somehow undo this? thanks! >. > you can easily mark all as unread, but not undo just a few, except changing them one by one. ----- Jenn wrote: ---- i accidentally marked all of the messages in m...

Excel 2007
When files are already open by another user, we have found that only users with Administrator permissions on their computers are able to open files read-only. If the user only has basic user permissions they receive a message stating the file could not be found. This was not a problem with Office 2000 (which we recently upgraded from). Any ideas? Thanks, Chris ...

When I read a message, I often drag it into a folder. With my Outlook 2007 the message remains unread after I move it. How can I make Outlook understand that I've read the message without manually marking it? Kevin <kwdavids@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9ff2c677-d7f3-4521-95ff-737b6b3e2394@t1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > When I read a message, I often drag it into a folder. With my Outlook > 2007 the message remains unread after I move it. > > How can I make Outlook understand that I've read the message without > manually marking it? Tools - Options - Ot...

form
I have two related tables - Events and Contacts. I have created a form which populates both but the only records it will show are the most recent ones typed into the form itself - it does not pull in the existing information from the tables. I have checked the Properties and Data Entry is set to No and Allow Edit, etc are all Yes. (Interestingly, it also populates the form "Events List" - from the Access 2007 Events Template - which I would like to be able to use but which again will populate the Events table but won't update from it). What do I need to do to ge...

"Outline too long to read in it's entirety"
I received the above error message when I tried to open a file in order to make JPEG images to use as desktop pictures. What do I do to reset something or to fix whatever is wrong - to enlarge PowerPoint to accept the file I want to open or whatever else is wrong ????? In article <D624F4B6-F88C-486C-BF29-3066628A442E@microsoft.com>, Jackel wrote: > I received the above error message when I tried to open a file in order to > make JPEG images to use as desktop pictures. What type of file did you try to open? PowerPoint will open its own files (PPT/PPTX etc) ...

Mailbox read permission
Hey there, we're trying to give the group domain users read permissions on a mailbox (through mailbox rights in AD). When I add the info mailbox to a domain user's outlook it will say it can't open the folder tho'. Where is this read permission for then? Assigning read to the specific user doesn't help either. We only want the users to have read permissions. No change/delete/move whatever. Can't find anything special like folder traversal rights or something. What's going on? TIA Regards Open INFO mailbox with outlook, open Inbox properties, choose Permis...

can't read other language on outlook 2002
when i open up a file on outook and its in korean it comes out as symbols Bummer. What is your question? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, daniel asked: | when i open up a file on outook and its in korean it comes out as | symbols ...

simple vc++ (commandline program) how to read a text file and....
Hi, Last 18+hrs I been struggling with this small piece of code, I just need to read a txt file where each line rep one record and there are 3 values in each line,they are delimated by ; or \n. The important thing is I need to put these values inside an array so that I can call my C++ program without any intervence. ==== VC++ (commandline program) snippet ================ #include <iostream.h> #include <fstream.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> char title[12]; //Title char id[4]; //Category ID char media[3]; //000-Cassette, 001-V8, 002-VHA, 003-CD, 00...

CRM v3.0
We have a customer who would like to change the font color of the Read Only fields. When a read only field is presented, they complain that the font color is too light. Where can I make this change - I'm pretty sure there is a CSS somewhere that I can edit. -- Carroll Little ...

can't read emails
When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but inbox, where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where download from my server On Tue, 03 May 2005 07:34:07 -1000, emilio <emilio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but > inbox, > where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where > download > from my server What version of Outlook are you running and what mode (Corp/Workgroup, Internet Mail Only, etc.) do you have it installed i...

Cannot save read-only Publisher document to CD
I cannot save my document (Publisher 2002) to CD as it is saying 'read-only'. I have been into Tools, Options and there is nothing there about read only. I have been into document properties and the attributes boxes, including read only, are greyed out so I cannot change them. HELP PLEASE! Cheers. Is the CD read only or is the Publisher file read only? It is never a good idea to save an Office document to a CD. Drag a copy to the CD, when you need to edit the file, drag it back to the Hard Drive. Are you sure you have a CD that can be written to? Can you open the Publisher f...

Need Help with reading XML from an URL
I have tried to read XML from an URL using the XmlTextReader: XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader(http://www.<domain>.com/?getxml=1); But reader.ReadOuterXml() only returns an empty string, what's wrong? Any ideas? Apogee Did you move to the root of the document? You might try reader.MoveToContent() and see if that helps. Dan Wahlin Wahlin Consulting Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET and XML Web Services http://www.xmlforasp.net "Apogee" <developer@bitefish.net> wrote in message news:%23JhtLjWQDHA.3192@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have tried to read XML from a...

Integration Manager read only
I'm trying to set up the integration manager so that a user can only run the integrations and not modify them. I tried setting the IMD File to read only. That just creates an error message every time it runs. Anyone know how to set it up with out having the message appear and prevent the users from change the IMs? Thanks You could remove the integration manager (impath) from the dex.ini and allow only the Run Integration application (IMExecPath). You could also remove security rights to the Integration Site Enabler for the user in System security setup "dgindy&qu...

Can't read mail in reading pane of outlook 2007 if not in safe mode
Hi all! I have a problem since I installed the outlook 2007 beta 2. I receive mail as nice as possible, but when I want to read it, there is only the title, from whom and to whom data in reading pane. The mesage is, let's say "invisible" :) Anyone have the same prob? When I start outlook 2007 in safe mode, everything works OK. The only prob with safe mode is, that you always have to set the reading pane on and hide the big buttons.... We'll if anyone has a solution...I haven't find it... In the next week I will reinstall the system and see... maybe, just maybe I ...

Read-only message
Is there any way to setup to prompt a user to let them know that someone else is already in the file and the only way they can access it is to access it read-only? That is automatically set by Windows. Only way for 2 or more people to get into a file and both have more than read only access is to have the file Shared. If it is shared, unshare it to obtain what you want "JesseP" <jessemandi@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:b522117b.0312110735.218053b5@posting.google.com... : Is there any way to setup to prompt a user to let them know that : someone else is already in t...

Reading ranges and copying data from Excel when it is not open
Is there a way in code to copy data out of an Excel file even if Excel is not up and running? If Excel were open, I'd copy, say, the first 30 rows and paste the info to PowerPoint. Then, since rows 1-5 are for column headings, I'd hide rows 6-30 and copy a new range which would look involve 30 rows, but since rows 6-30 were hidden would be 1-5 and then 31-55 as a contiguous block. I am trying to do this in VBA without opening Excel and instatiating objects, etc. Is it possible? What VBA commands would I use? You would need to treat the excel file as a database and use ADO to g...

Can any application read data from CRM database?
Hi, I would like to check if any application for example a RightFax Server reads data like fax and contact name from MS CRM database? There's no need for copying of data from MS CRM database but just for reading records purpose only? The application does not have a database. All it does is to retrieve the data (contact name and fax number) from MS CRM database and use the retrieved data to send a fax to the respective retrieved contact name and fax number. Because currently the RightFax Server connects to an Access database using ODBC. Can I reuse this ODBC to point to MS CRM dat...

OL 2003: Reading pane not available for DRAFTS folder
My wife first discovered this problem and then I too noticed it. When I have selected the DRAFTS folder, all the various READING PANE sub-menu items are grayed out. Is this a "feature" or a "bug?" -AH I'm not sure I'd call it a Feature, but it is by design. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@P...

Extremely Slow to Delete E-mails (and Marks as Read/Unread)
Hi, I recently installed Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 (on my MacBook Pro via Parallels). After installing, I imported the PST file from the version of Outlook on my old computer. Everything worked great at first, but for no obvious reason Outlook has begun really, really dragging (5-10 seconds for actions to be completed) when I attempt to delete e-mails and mark e-mails as read/unread. This is definitely not a computer hardware issue as this is a new and extremely fast computer. This lagtime is becoming unbearable and is resulting in it taking me nearly twice as long to get t...