printing labels in mailmerge wizard from excel doc.

Sorry. I was vague in my last e-mail. These are the steps
I followed and where I go wrong: 1) open Word. 2)
tools>Letters and mailings>mail merge wizard. 3)'Labels'
radio button; scroll down to the bottom and click 'next:
starting document'. 4)'Start from existing document'
radio button, then I open the excel file I need. 5)It
asks 'Entire workbook' so I scroll to the other option,
which is my particular "Worksheet" then I open it.
When it opens it's not in label format but I have faith
and follow the steps anyway.6) I click 'next: Select
recipients'. Here's where I get confused. A) I'm not
writing a letter to go with the labels, and, B) it seems
I have to brouse thru the same thing and open the exact
same file all over again. Thanks in advance...

For 'Select starting document', leave the option set as 'Change document
layout', and click on 'Label options'.

Select a label, e.g. Avery 5160-Address, click OK
Click Next: Select recipients
Under 'Use an existing list', click Browse
Select your Excel file, click Open
Select 'Microsoft Excel Worksheets via Converter', click OK
Select the sheet that contains your mailing list, click OK
The list of recipients should appear, click OK
Click Next:Arrange your labels
Click 'More items...'
Select a field, and click Insert.
Add punctuation, and line breaks if required
Add more items to complete the label
Go to Steps 5 and 6 to preview and print the labels.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Data point labels in a scatter diagram
My Y axis is from my "Units" column and my X axis is from my "Revenue" column. How do I get a third column like "Company Name" to appear as the labels for the data points in my scatter diagram? Right click your plot area, choose Source Data, on Series tab in the box with series names highlight the series you want, to the right of it there is an option to choose your cell containing the name, repeat this for both of your series, then right click on the series in your chart, choose Format Series, on Data Labels tab check Series Name check box. Good Luck, La...

Updating Excel QueryTable using VB
Hi, I have searched the web extensively for a solution here but cannot find one. I am using the following code to refresh data from an external data source in excel. With Selection.QueryTable.Connection = Array(Array( _ "ODBC;Description=Database;DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=SERVER1\SQLEXPRESS;UID=username;APP=Microsoft Office 2003;WSID=HQD002;Netw" _ ), Array("ork=DBNMPNTW;Trusted_Connection=Yes")) .CommandType = xlCmdSql .Sql = "SELECT * FROM vwDetailsReporting" .PreserveColumnInfo = True .Refre...

How do i customise quotes and invoices for printing
I would like create quotations, orders and invoices that are 'print friendly' i.e. i would like to add our logo and other company information, decide on which columns to include such as item, description, qty, unit price and line item total then at then have the totals at the bottom. It would be great if we could pull the data into word or excell. I was thinking that the Microsoft Dynamics Snap would help but it is not compatible with office 2007, we could downgrade but i need to know if the snap add in is the right way to go. Can any one advise the most cost effective may of g...

excel freezes and goes into a "not responding" state after opening file
When I open an excel file that is located on the file server it will freeze excel and "Not Responding" will show up on the title bar. (Note this only happens with files saved on the file server) Then after about 10 minutes the program will operate normally. I am running a brand new core 2 duo maxed out with memory and the excel sheet is very simple with only basic calculations. There are no hangups in the network between my pc and the server that i can see, and nobody else has the same problem at their workstation. The sheet is not in use by anyone else and the load on the server i...

How do I set up a weighted formula in Excel?
Can someone help me please? I need to do a weighted formula in Excel 2007, where the total of the numbers equals 90% of one number and 10% of another number. Is it possible to do this? On Mon, 10 May 2010 15:53:01 -0700, ib1qb <ib1qb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone help me please? I need to do a weighted formula in Excel 2007, >where the total of the numbers equals 90% of one number and 10% of another >number. Is it possible to do this? > =sumproduct(numbers, weights) e.g. =sumproduct(a1:a2,{0.9,0.1}) --ron Sa g1 to j7 conta...

slow scrolling in excel
Dear readers out there, A colleage of me made some excel sheets. They are very slow with scrolling. Even when i clear all the info and tekst in the sheet; so it looks empty, it is still slow and use 100% CPU utilization. an anyone help me please? TIA Wouter. Wouter Perhaps the used range is larger than what you think. Just clearing cells will not make Excel think they are not in use. Select a sheet and hit CRTL + END keys. Where do you end up? Way down and/or across the sheet? Debra Dalgleish has info and fixes for this at http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Gord Dib...

Combination chart: primary data labels obscure line series on secondary axis
I have a combination chart; a stacked column chart on the Primary Axis and a line chart on the Secondary Axis. I use the stacked column chart to display "bands" which I then overlay with the second data series. So far so good, the line segments and markers draw "on top of" the bands. But when I turn on data labels for the stacked column chart (to identify the bands), they display in *front* of the line series?! The column itself, remains behind, but the text of the data label is drawing on top of the series. Is there a way to force the labels *behind* the series on the se...

How do I print blue "AIr Mail" stripe on envelope?
How can I print that blue "Via Air Mail" stripe on envelopes? I am using the Envelopes and Labels Tool in Word. You probably want to ask that question in a Microsoft Word forum. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Shneur" <Shneur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94E22060-A383-4463-8E26-F243E1036D66@microsoft.com... > How can I print that blue "Via Air Mail" stripe on envelopes? I am using > the > Envelopes and Labels Tool in Word. ...

Barcodes and labels
Hi Everyone :-) One of the limitations I've experienced on the system is that RMS SO will only print a barcode for the ILC using the label designer and label wizard (I hope I'm not wrong :-) Is there a way of printing a barcode for the Matrix Lookup Code as well as for the Item Lookup Code? Also... it would be nice if RMS installed a barcode font or two... so one could easily use Word 2003... and generate all kinds of barcode labels :-) for items... customers.... and so on. Marc Wagner www.launchpos.com barcodes for serial numbers would be nice too. "Marc Wagner" &l...

Inventory transaction: print batch
I am unable to print my Inventory transaction batch the the screen to verify before posting. When I hit print at the inventory batch window, it jumps right away to the print window and I do not want to print it, only view to screen. I went to Tools-setup-posting-posting and marked all to print to screen and printer in the inventory module and still not working. Am I not selecting something correct? Actually, when I hit print and it jumps to the print screen box, if I select it to print, it then jumps to the screen as well as the printer at the same time. I have no option of selecting t...

getting specific info from a word document into excel
I am trying to import a table of data from another programme into excel to create a chart. The table that i am importing is not in table format and is just a word document which looks like a table. Most of the data in the document is words and symbols but I need to highlight the two collumns of numbers only and somehow get them into individual cells in excel. I am having real difficulty doing this as when I try to highlight the collumn and drag down it highlights the whole document as per normal word behaviour. If anyone has any ideas on solving my problem using any aspect of office the...

Right click prints automatically
Hi Folks, I'm having a problem within Windows 2000. We are running Ofiice 97 Pro and 2000 on the same machine and have come across a strange issue. Whenever my end user is in Excel 97 and wants to copy data from one range of cells to another, she selects the cells, right clicks to select "copy" and at that point the machine sends out a print job to her default printer. We'd like to stop this behavior. Anyone got any ideas? I've installed office 97 sp1 and the update with the same name. I can't install service pack two because of the allowed file name update...

Trouble with copy and past of formulas in Excel
I got a sheet from one of my collegaes that was causing problems, it sometimes looses formulas (It looks like a problem with connections through our network) and you get true untrue name errors, after refreshing the cell the problem is gone. Now I'm having trouble with copying formulas, after trying some copy and paste it crashes with dr. Watson. It seems that there is some timeout problem. More people have trouble with this with the somewhat larger sheets. ...

Excel 2007 hangs while loading chart
I have a sheet with 20000 rows and 5 columns of data with just 2 simple calculations in each row. On a separate sheet is a chart that gets its data from the spreadsheet. Whenever I change some data oin the spreadsheet and click on the chart's tab, the program "hangs" for some 4 minutes. In XL 2003 it didn't do that. Any idea what is going on? Thanks. Gerry ...

Line chart categoray axis labels issue
Hi, I have two problems (bugs perhaps) that I need o find a way to work around in Excel 2007. They both concern the category (x) axis (text) labels in line charts. I normally shy away from line charts entirely but, in the given instance I need to use them. First question: when you first create the line chart, and when you set the labels for the category axis, Excel automatically rotates the labels to get them to fit as well as possible. However, if you go in to the Format Axis> Alignment>Custom Angle box and enter a value, I can find no way of reenabling Excels automatic selectio...

In Word how to use Outlook, Excel
I am using Word 2007. How can I access Outlook contacts or Excel documents from Word -- Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions To access Outlook contacts, Outlook must be your default e-mail application in Windows. You can then use Insert Address (which you can add to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) . What is it that you want to access from Excel? If you need to look something up in Excel and enter it into a document, you will need a macro. You can however use edit paste special to insert Excel cells copied to the clipboard. -- <>>< ><<...

Can Excel 97 read Excel 2003 simple spreadsheet?
I am writing a ReadMe file and want to list minimum requirements for viewing an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. The only formulas are Count functions used to tally columns. Other than that it is a basic flat list spreadsheet. For viewing this .xls file may I be safe to say that a minimum of Excel 97 is needed? Thanks. Using your criteria, I would say Yes. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:00:12 -0800, MSfStl <MSfStl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am writing a ReadMe file and want to list minimum requirements for viewing >an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. The only formu...

Excel Highlight
Hi, Think it might just be one of those days what I am trying to do is I have one Excel Document with 2 Sheets in it, some values on Sheet 1 appear in Sheet 2, when this happens I want to highlight the value in Sheet 2 either with a colour or making the Value Bold I am using Excel 2003 on a Windows XP machine. Thanks P Use conditional formatting with a formula of =COUNTIF(Sheet2!$A$1:$M$100,A1) -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "tress" <tress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B675F485-ACEE-42...

Excel 2003
There doesn't seem to be an Office 2003 group, I hope you can help, this is driving me mad! I want to open two different spreadsheets in two different instances of Excel, so I can compare them side by side without switching. Excel XP was OK, but Excel 2003 won't let me, so at the moment I've got one spreadsheet running on a different PC! I've seen a similar question asked many times, but the answer to use: Tools | Options | View Tab | Show| Windows in Taskbar does *not* fix the problem, this just lets you switch windows on the Taskbar; I want two separate windows like in X...

Publisher 2000 print problem
What we see in the working document and what goes to print is different. Is there a way to enter the print preveiw document to fix it at that point. There seems to be no way to resolve this issue??? Please help if you can. ...

Using Jet to read excel file returns blank for last cell
With VB6 I am opening an Excel file to query the contents using ADO. I am then using the contents of the worksheet to create a format file that is used for a bulk insert into SQL Server. We designed the program this way so that users can use a spreadsheet to import data in any format they want and process the data based on values set in the spreadsheet. This keeps us from having to design new tables and format files for new record layouts which come down pretty often. Everything works fine usually. There is just one perculiarity that is happening with the Excel file. Sometimes, th...

re-print an RTV packing slip
There should be a way to re-print an RTV packing slip after the RTV shipping has been processed. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8f250615-702c-4e00-8f24-f90...

Colour Problem in Excel 2002
Hi, I'm having a really annoying problem. When I create autoshapes in Excel 2002 (XP), when I scroll down the page, and then back up, the colour is distorted and ruined to look at. It prints fine, but it is very annoying, and bad to look at. It's like the colour just doesn't stay, lines and bits of colour vanish every time this happens. Has anyone had this problem before? I've never seen this. But Excel and other windows programs use the printer driver to know how to display stuff. You may want to try a different printer (or printer driver) to see what happens. Maybe even...

excel chart showing movable graph at what point we make a profit
in a business would like to make a chart based on accumulated Earnings & Profit/Loss for year to date, perhaps movable showing our break even point and by moving chart to a another earnings figure what profit we should make. For example put in earnings for YTD Profit/Loss YTD then I can move the earnings part of the chart to show what our profit would be for a given earnings figure. Alternatively If For example if we earn $200 for year so far and profit is $0 but any amount over that is 18% profit so I can move chart line to say $240 and it will say what profit I will make. Hope ...

How do I add y-axis labeling on the right side of chart?
I'd like to add an axis with same values on the right side of the chart. You'll need to have at least two series in order to enter a secondary axis. On one of the series, change the Axis to Secondary axis. "DavidNHFCU" <DavidNHFCU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28759EE0-759E-4964-8F5E-6C49099653B6@microsoft.com... > I'd like to add an axis with same values on the right side of the chart. How can I force the y-axis at the bottom of my chart to appear for all 12 months when I only have Jan, Feb and March figures to put in the first thre...