Printing in Excel #2

I am printing a document in Excel with the gridlines bolded.  However, when I
Print the document it shifts the text in some cells down so they sit on the
line.  How do i fix this? Also just for reference i am using excel 2003 and
we are using a windows 2000 print server.

0
dgordon30 (1)

Not familiar with the problem.  What font and pointsize.   What printer.
What happens if you choose  Arial  with pointsize of 10.

What do you see in print preview.
Do you have other choices for   your print to   printer.  (file,print, name:)

---
HTH,

"dgordon30" <dgordon30@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:091F90E8-320E-43D1-B6B3-56EAF1969B3E@microsoft.com...
> I am printing a document in Excel with the gridlines bolded.  However, when I
> Print the document it shifts the text in some cells down so they sit on the
> line.  How do i fix this? Also just for reference i am using excel 2003 and
> we are using a windows 2000 print server.

0
dmcritchie (2586)
2/15/2005 12:03:38 AM
Try this solution it varies a bit from the usual reinstall the
drivers in that it simply installs the driver as new,  you can
name the printer with a different name.
  http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/54046314885bcae1

don't you just hate the beta groups when trying to make a reference.
that is not the actual message-id listed after the thread.   This is the ...

---
HTH,

"David McRitchie" <dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote in message news:%232Y08HvEFHA.1836@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Not familiar with the problem.  What font and pointsize.   What printer.
> What happens if you choose  Arial  with pointsize of 10.
>
> What do you see in print preview.
> Do you have other choices for   your print to   printer.  (file,print, name:)
>
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "dgordon30" <dgordon30@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:091F90E8-320E-43D1-B6B3-56EAF1969B3E@microsoft.com...
> > I am printing a document in Excel with the gridlines bolded.  However, when I
> > Print the document it shifts the text in some cells down so they sit on the
> > line.  How do i fix this? Also just for reference i am using excel 2003 and
> > we are using a windows 2000 print server.

0
dmcritchie (2586)
2/15/2005 12:24:46 AM
Not sure,   but try Format/Cell/Alignment/Vertical  and click for centre.
Not sure if thats what you mean but try anyhow.

regards

> Try this solution it varies a bit from the usual reinstall the
> drivers in that it simply installs the driver as new,  you can
> name the printer with a different name.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/54046314885bcae1

> don't you just hate the beta groups when trying to make a reference.
> that is not the actual message-id listed after the thread.   This is the
>

> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "David McRitchie" <dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Not familiar with the problem.  What font and pointsize.   What printer.
> > What happens if you choose  Arial  with pointsize of 10.
> >
> > What do you see in print preview.
> > Do you have other choices for   your print to   printer.  (file,print,
name:)

> > ---
> > HTH,
> > David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
> > My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
> > Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
> >
> > "dgordon30" <dgordon30@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am printing a document in Excel with the gridlines bolded.  However,
when I
> > > Print the document it shifts the text in some cells down so they sit
on the
> > > line.  How do i fix this? Also just for reference i am using excel
2003 and
> > > we are using a windows 2000 print server.

0
me6808 (48)

Converting QuatroPro to Excel
How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel spreadsheet. Any help? Thanks, Bob Open the file in Quattro Pro and save it in one of the supplied Excel formats. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36c601c40128$9e26a970$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel > spreadsheet. Any help? > Thanks, > Bob ...

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Opening Excel Workbooks

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

help with simple maths in excel

How do I use traffic lights in excel

matching contents #2

Excel Problem

White Printing
How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks like, then deleting that so I can print in white. On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:46:03 -0700, PJ1980 <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank >when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks >like, then deleting that so I can print in white. Interesting. Does your printer have a WHITE ink cartridge? NO? You can't do it. Ther...

Please ignore #2

Excel DNS query