Printing #6

Hello!
I have an address data base and want to print it into a catalog form. The
way that each column (fields:name,address, etc) will print after each other.

0
Cesia (1)

Is the database currently in one column?

Or across rows?

Is the data consistent as far as entries?

i.e.

name
address
city
state
zip

in one column and you want

name  address  city  state  zip

in 5 columns?

Copy/paste a sample of current data layout and what you want print layout to be.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:04:01 -0700, Cesia <Cesia@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello!
>I have an address data base and want to print it into a catalog form. The
>way that each column (fields:name,address, etc) will print after each other.

0
Gord

Print to Avery label template as Word doc??
I downloaded the recommended label template (#8257) from Avery.com, but it saved as a Word document. How do I print my Publisher label into this template? Ed Sure you have that number right, Avery and Avery UK don't recognize the number. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23uLQpe7tFHA.3424@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I downloaded the recommended label template (#8257) from Avery.com, but it > saved as a Word document. How do I print my P...

Outlook Error Message #6
Hi, Since I've installed Office 2003, I am experiencing error messages. I've uninstalled Office 2003 and re-installed and I am still getting the following error message. "Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure", this error message which prevents me from opening and reading my email. Can anyone offer a resolution? Thanks, Jenae ...

Printing emails from Outlook
When I print emails from outlook attachment names do not come out. For example instead of showing the Word icon with 'document1.doc' underneath it (as it appears on screen), the printed page will show the Word icon with a series of random characters (such as squares, arrows, + signs and x's) underneath it Anyone know how to fix this Thanks I have the same question. I submitted an official question to the MSDN site. Hope we get a response. This may have been an oversight; too important a feature to just drop. I figure it will be fixed in next bugfix. John >-----Origin...

"print column titles"
I want to print my A1:K1 column titles on every page [one sheet has 146 pages!] but the "print column titles" option is grayed out. HELP! This happens if you try to access this option from the Print Preview button Try File>Page Setup instead -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "fe" <fe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35994B93-1E86-4809-96E2-65C599136FB3@microsoft.com... >I want to print my A1:K1 column titles on every page [one sheet has 146 > pages!] but the "print column titles" option is grayed out. HELP! ...

How do I only print a section or answer from a 4-10 page email re.
You often get an email reply to your multi page email sent, ending up with many repeated messages and page sto print. How can you eliminate this or only print the reply and not your original email? ...

printing #4
I have created a worksheet in Excel but when I print it I only get the column heading, lines inserted within the document but the data does not print. Help! -- Nanna in Texas You may have an old setting for print area. select (highlight) the area you want to print and Go to <File> <Print area> <set print area> then <file> <print...> print preview Regards -- Greetings from New Zealand "Beverly" <Beverly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10DCD7E3-4B43-4D21-B10F-0F4364D2BBA1@microsoft.com... >I have created a worksheet i...

Office XP Pro Service Pack3 /Adobe Acrobat 6.0
Has anyone came accross a security setting in outlook. Another program is trying to access your addressbook do you want allow access. This just starting appearing after i installed Adobe Acrobat 6.0 pro Yes, Adobe installs a template that is causing the Object Model Guard prompt. See if Adobe has an update, otherwise try disabling the template. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.gro...

Cannot Print from Word but excel works fine
Office 2003 I am unable to print from Word. But excel pritns fine. I use to print now it does not work. I cannot even get print dialog to appear or use the quick print. I can do a print preview. But cannot print from that either. Excel still pritns fine. Any suggestions on how to fix? Make sure that you have the latest driver for your printer, then delete and reinstall the printer. making sure to set it as the Windows Default printer. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00D23F9E-CEDA-4D10-B3...

A redirection to a URL in IIS 6
I have to right click the default web site in IIS 6 and use the "A redirection to a URL" option on the Home Directory tab. I want to change it from "A directory on this computer" Local Path: c:\inetpub\wwwroot to "A redirection to a URL" https://mail.companyname.com The reason for this is that my client wants access to his Exchange mail from a web browser using https://mail.companyname.com instead of http://mail.companyname.com/exchange When I click apply I get an Inheritance Overrides box that reads: The following child nodes also define the value of the &q...

Printing the calendar view
Is there a way to overcome the overflow page when you print a sorted, filtered calendar view? Is there a way to make the calendar blocks print larger, even if it causes that month to print on two pages? Hi mdoster, Sorry,no. As you have discovered, the Calendar view is very limited as far as printing. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project On 5/27/2010 4:48 PM, mdoster wrote: > Is there a way to overcome the overflow page when you print a so...

Printing Header on Just the First Page
I hate asking this, but can't find the simple answer anywhere. I want to print a spreadsheet with several pages, but want the header to appear at the top of just the first page and not repeated on subsequent pages. How? Thank you. As long as you use the top rows of the spreadsheet instead of the header this is very simple. On the first row of the second page you would insert a page break and on page setup, sheets, you would use your rows to repeat something like $57:$57 Details for Logo on first page Logos and Graphics into headers/footers http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchi...

can you print excel on 11 x 17 paper?
Cannot figure out how to print an Excel worksheet on 11 x 17 paper. Anyone? "Grace Aspinall" <grace.e.aspinall@saic.com> wrote in message news:12f201c37efb$05a6bb90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Cannot figure out how to print an Excel worksheet on 11 x > 17 paper. Anyone? Click File ... Page setup then choose Paper size there. Geoff "Grace Aspinall" <grace.e.aspinall@saic.com> wrote in message news:12f201c37efb$05a6bb90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Cannot figure out how to print an Excel worksheet on 11 x > 17 paper. Anyone? In article <bkg8js$9...

Publisher crashes when printing
Can anybody offer any help.... I'm running Publisher (2002), and a printing problem has slowly manifested itself over the last few months. Now everytime I print ANY Publisher document, the document will print but Publisher will then crash, with the standard "encountered an error" message appearing. I have reinstalled Publisher - made no difference. I have all updates installed. All my printer drivers work fine with all other products. I have send countless error reports to Microsoft, never heard anything back. I can now no longer use Publisher for anything I want to print(!)....

How to stop empty columns from printing
Hello, My spreadsheet uses columns A-G, but when I print, column H also prints even though there is nothing in any of its cells. There is no print area set. Why is this empty column printing? And how do I stop it from printing? TIA. Mark On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:04:37 -0500, "Mark Christensen" <markc@ssbrakes.com> wrote: >My spreadsheet uses columns A-G, but when I print, column H also prints even >though there is nothing in any of its cells. There is no print area set. >Why is this empty column printing? And how do I stop it from printing? TIA. Hide column...

Multiple compression % in 1 print job
I have a report that is, let's say, 20 pages long. I am trying to set m page breaks to my liking. There are a couple pages that I would like t compress to about 50% of actual size but the rest of the pages ar perfectly fine at about 80%. Is there a way to accomplish this withou having multiple ranges or having to write some code? I have tried pulling the page breaks around in "page break preview" bu have had no luck expanding the amount of data that will fit on selected page without changing the compression for the whole prin job. Thanks in advance -- chuckwago -------------...

Printing Document Properties
When I print an Excel 2000 document, I would like to print out the file's properties too. I can't find an option in Excel to do this. Is this possible? Thanks, John http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q190029/ "AnytimeAnywhere" wrote: > When I print an Excel 2000 document, I would like to print out the file's > properties too. I can't find an option in Excel to do this. Is this > possible? > > Thanks, > > John > > > ...

Printing Postcards-MAJOR PROBLEM
Ok, so i'm trying to print 2 sided postcards. I'm also printing 3 on a paper. Well anyways i go to print the front side, everything works. i turn the paper over to print the back and make sure it is aligned. But it doesn't work, the sides aren't aligned!!! WHAT DO I DO??? and i can't keep on messing with it cause the paper i have is very expensive! PLease help! thank you Katrina How are you setting up the cards on your document? There is a way to setup a publication so it will print correctly back to back. You have to remember, anything that is on the left on the fron...

Custom Doc Sizes
Can I create a custom paper size in the paper size option drop menu under the "printer and paper" tab in page setup (Pub2003)? I am unable to print custom size posters. To print them at 23" by 35" for example, I have to size them to the existing size 28"X40", and this is a great waste of materials. Thank you, all. This article addresses Publisher 2002, I assume it is the same for 2003 PUB2002: Large Banners and Posters Printed in Separate Sections http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288201 PUB2000: Large Banners and Posters Are Printed...

VB list box print reports. Known # of columns. # rows unknown
I have a Listbox with a number of reports. I know the number of columns in the report but not the number of rows in the report. This will vary based on data. How do I set the print area in VB when I don't know the number of rows. One way, assuming your data begins in cell A1. Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(1, 1), _ Cells(UsedRange.Rows.Count, UsedRange.ColumnsCount)) ActiveSheet.PageSetUp.PrintArea = rng "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A660B32E-BEB0-4EFF-A146-0943407D4F91@microsoft.com... >I have...

Printing Columns #3
Hello All - I have a need to print an excel database file. The file is 3 columns wide and about 1500 rows. How can I print it to paper where it will print two columns of data? For example: records 1050 would print down the left margin of the paper and records 51-100 would print along the center margin and continue like that on the next pages until all the records are printed. Thank you very much in advance for any help you can offer. Best always, Harvey This might do what you want Sub movenums() lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row For i = 51 To lr Step 50 lc = Cells(1, "...

How do I print 2-up? (May be a template question)
I've been given a template for a flyer to be printed 2-up on 8.5x11, IOW, the template is 5.5x8.5. I can't see a way to do it. Can someone give me a clue? Thanks. -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail What version Publisher? Believe me, it does make a difference. In Publisher 2003 or 02, page setup, custom, landscape, type 5.5 width, 8.5 height... Publisher will say it will print two copies per sheet. In Publisher 2007... File, page setup, Click advanced on the right. Sel...

How can print A Id badge From a Excell Work Sheet
I have built a Excell Work book to keep track of our Fire Fighter membership, Basicly it goes like this, Page 1 line 2 A =Card #, Line 2 B = Name, Line 2F = Fire Fighter, Then line 3 would be the next Member and so on. I made card Template on Page 3 and I want to place a button in Page 1 Line 2 H to place the Information in the template on page 3 " the info from the line 2 I was mentioning 2 A, B, And F. I have been able to Put multiple text boxes in the Template and using the = it will place the info from the lines I want where I want it. I am having trouble getting the ...

Conditional printing
I have a form in which one of a number of conditions is chosen for each record using a combo box. Once a condition is set in each of the records, a print button is clicked and a report is generated for each condition. Each report contains all records in the form that meet the condition for that particular report. Sometimes this results in reports with no records at all. Is there a way to suppress the printing of the reports with no records? Use the NoData event of the report to cancel it. (If you used a command button to OpenReport, the command button's code will need error hand...

Printing measurements and sizes
I Can't get the measurements to print. How do I get this to print? Also is there a way to see square footage? ...

Printing Option Buttons
I am using options buttons inserted from the Control Toolbar (Excel 2003). They function correctly and appear fine in the worksheet. When printed, the button graphic always is displayed in a black square. I have tried changing the backstyle and backcolor properties to no avail. What am I missing? -- terri If you don't want the button printed, in Properties uncheck "Orint Object" If you do want it printed, fiddle about with printer settings for color and black and white. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 07:22:03 -0800, terri <terri@disc...