print preview does not match page i am working on

In this white space (not the subject line), let us about the problem in more
detail
If print preview is showing only part of the worksheet, then you need to
reset the print area in the File | Print Area dialogs
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"gillygalloo" <gillygalloo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bliengme (657)

Page break in normal view set at startup
Excel 2003. Is it possible to have Excel with Tool/Options/View/Page Break always set at startup. Hi Stephen, try adding the following VBA code to the workbook Code: -------------------- Sub Auto_Open() ActiveSheet.DisplayAutomaticPageBreaks = True End Sub -------------------- HTH Art -- HiArt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HiArt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19953 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=402065 Do you mean for a particular workbook or f...

Windows live won't print single page email... prints eye charts only?
Can someone tell me WHY the body of any email invoice has to be printed with BIG text (1/8th inch tall) and be spread across 2 to 3 pages???? Do I need to get away from HP? Do I need to get away from Microsoft? Does Apple have this problem? Can I go back to like Windows 3.1 on my new pavilion? It's real simple. I run a small home based business. I don't even use my computer to do that, except I sometimes order parts online and thus receive invoices via email. For tax purposes, I need to make a hard copy. I've tried everything I can but CANNOT reduce the text si...

Updating a DATE, only if the page has been modified.
I have a spreadsheet with a cell containing: ="Print Date: "&Text(TODAY(),"mmm-dd-yyyy") I want to add another cell that reflects the date of the last time the sheet was modified/changed. So the logic would be somthing like: IF (Sheet-Changed, Current-Date, Previous-Date) Can any one point me in the right direction? Thank you That requires custom VBA code. If you want help with that just let us know. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Michael" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with a cell containing: > ="Print Date: "&...

how do i see the numbers of pages at the bottom of my work sheet?
i used to see the page numbers at the bottom of the screen when i worked on a multi-page document, so i could easily move from page to page. now i have to go to edit- then go to page- which is very inconvenient. what happened maggiekins wrote: > i used to see the page numbers at the bottom of the screen when i > worked on a multi-page document, so i could easily move from page to > page. now i have to go to edit- then go to page- which is very > inconvenient. what happened ============================= View / Status Bar. -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** ...

Quotes in money 2007 stopped working
Anyone else having problems with Money 2007 downloading quotes? Mine stopped about 10 am. JC Same here JC. -Kevin "JC" <handccomputers@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1DC73822-FBAB-4E77-BC7B-F5B7556A4876@microsoft.com... > Anyone else having problems with Money 2007 downloading quotes? Mine > stopped about 10 am. > > JC ...

Help: how to print fill pattern well in any printers
As we know, for display, we can call CreatePatternBrush() to create a 8pixel * 8pixel to fill a region. It is perfect for display in the display device and some printers. But In some high-res printer, the fill pattern is printed as gray. (the fill pattern is printed so densy that it looks like a solid gray block, for example, some HP printers and Acrobat PDF printer). I have tried a bigger bitmap brush according to the printer device's resolution. But It is still bad for some printers. Any suggestion is appreciated. Is there any way that is suitable for any printers? ...

Black box when printing embedded chart to XPS
On a machine with Excel 2007 installed, open WordPad. Insert -> Object. Choose "Microsoft Office Excel Chart". A generic looking chart gets inserted into the document. Print it to a printer, and it prints fine (at least for me). Print it to the XPS printer (or PDF printer) and you get a black box where the chart is supposed to be. This is causing havok on a program I maintain that uses embedded excel charts. I thought it was a problem in my program, but now I've replicated it only using WordPad, Excel 2007, and the Microsoft XPS printer. ...

Move cells down to match cells
A B C D E 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002 10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 000801097-3 1998 11 000801091-7...

How do I preset data to auto copy to a certain page
I have a Macro that hides and copies visible cells to worksheet 3, but, I have a certain row that needs to wait till the next page break befor copying so that I don't have to manually adjust them. Moving them manually takes 25 minutes 2-3 times a day, if there is a way it would really save me. ...

What must I do to get gridlines printed for both filled and empty cells?
Hi, What must I do to get gridlines printed for both filled and empty cells? I'm a teacher, and I'm trying to replicate and print, in Excel, an attendance book format, with a series of tiny squares next to each student's name. The printed form of this would allow me to register if a student were present or absent on a particular day. Hubert -- Hubert Earl, vendor of fine Jamaican art, coffee, etc. on eBay: http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=12295024&ssPageName=L2?refid=store; Fine Jablum Blue Mountain Coffee sales page: http://stores.ebay.com/Jamaican-Coffee-Art-and-More-Store_Jab...

Is this going to work
Hi, I have a dedicated T1 which connects my LAN to the WWW. My exchange box uses this T1 as well. I just got an additional DSL as backup. So basically I now have 2 routers as gateway. Can I connect the DLS router to the same switch as my lan and exchange, then give exchange a second gateway and create a new MX record that maps to the DSL public IP? Thanks No. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB769181-B634-47B7-AFD4-AA3419C1548B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a dedicated T1 which connects my LAN to the WWW. My exchange box > uses...

Virtual Pages in Publisher
In Publisher 2003, how can I create virtual pages that when printed to A4 printer will print four of these virtual pages to a sheet of A4? ...

How do make my logo's background (the actual page) transparent?
I've read the instructions on how to make a background transparent. So the background of my text box is transparent. But when I paste it on a colored background in Power Point, it's still white. I guess this is because the actual Publisher page background is white. Can someone help please? Thanks, Patty Highlight the text, not the box, copy Paste special, unformatted text. Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "WordSmooth" <WordSmooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EF152A5-3C61-40...

One more Newbie Question
We would like to print the customer's name on the receipt. I have no idea how to do that. It feeds too much blank paper through - after each transaction it feeds about 4" of blank paper. How do you stop it printing the credit card receipt info on the receipt? We use a separate credit card machine that prints its own receipt. It would be nice not to have to enter any credit card info, except maybe the approval code, but RMS forces us to enter the credit card info before being able to processing the transaction - a real drag. Thanks for the help! -- Bud Izen ...

margins and page size in worksheet
I will try to express myself clearly but I might not be able to fully do so: I have a 22 page worksheet with each page as a technical data sheet. When i print these, the text is fine but the size of the main outline border is different on the different pages---in other words, the space between the side borders to the side ends of the paper, and the spacing of the top and bottom border lines to the top and bottom of the paper, is different on different pages. This may have something to do with margins and page setup, I am not sure? In summary is there a way to format these 22 pages so th...

Printing Different Invoice Forms depending on Customer Class ID
We bill in multiple currencies for multiple countries. Does anyone know how to automate the procedure to print the SOP Invoice document on different forms based on customer Class ID or currency? -- Burke Gladding How different are the formats? You might be able to use one format with conditional formatting for elements on the report. "Burke Gladding" wrote: > We bill in multiple currencies for multiple countries. Does anyone know how > to automate the procedure to print the SOP Invoice document on different > forms based on customer Class ID or currency? > -- ...

Saving a page of my workbook.
I have a workbook that is my starting template. Whenever my macros are run I create a new page in the workbook that is setup with links to information on the other page(s). When I have the information the way that I want it, I want to do a saveas and save only the one page and I want all of my linked information to be gone. Like doing a copy and paste special, values. Or do I have to create a blank new workbook, copy the good page into it with a copy and paste special, values then do a save on this new one? Thought there may some functions of commands that would accomplish this for me. T...

how do I print a booklet from publisher that is on four pages on .
I am trying to print a booklet onto one page (4 page booklet onto one 8 x 11 sheet of paper that can be folded-2 "booklets per side of paper) and it either prints a blank page or the wording is over each other. I haver tried about 30 different ways by my printer settings and can not seem to get it. I was able to do this booklet in the past but it won't do it any more. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks Hi, Carol -- In Publisher, select Page Setup. Then select layout...from the menu, select "booklet." My system defaults to 8.5 x 11 landscape...giving you...

Receive mail stops working
After clicking send/receive download of email begins, after 10 have downloaded receive message "TCP/IP connection unexpectedly terminated by server. Account: mail account, POP3 server error number oxs00cccof" ...

What could go wrong? Incrementing numbers on pages
Someone wanted each page of a document to have numbers incrementing from 106367. I'm sure there's a better way, but what I did was put it in the place of page numbers as ={PAGE} + 106366. It worked, but now I'm wondering what could go wrong, and what the real method of doing that would have been. There still might be time to change it. Thanks again and again! Although calculated page numbers work, they won't be used by Word in cross-references or tables of contents. A better approach is to change the "Start at" value in the Page Number Format dia...

Printing bitmap resources
I have an application that creates XY graphs. These graphs are viewed in a WYSIWYG view with an option to print. The program seems to run fine on my development machine. That is, I can see the graph and I can print it. But when I run the app on any other machine, the graph doesn't print right. The graph displays properly but when I print it, the Symbols are not printed. I have a library of symbols that are defined in my resource file as .bmp's. I then use the code below to add the graphic to the plot. Any thoughts why the symbols don't print on other computers? My d...

My cropping function in Publisher does not work as described!Why?
The croppping function in my Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 Publisher program does not cut off an inserted picture properly. The size of the crop is accurate but the resulting picture inside is expanded and the result is not as I want it to be. What is wrong? Al O Crop your photo with photo-editing software then insert it in your Publisher document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Al O" <Al O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E65B108-E28F-4CBB-9525-571E7687D0E9@microsoft.com... > The croppping function in my Microsoft ...

Printing number value in white blocks
I'm having problems printing my charts, working in Office 2003 Professional. When I print the chart it prints the value data label in a white box. I can save my chart and print it from another computer and it doesn't do this.... ...

Displaying XML document in ASP.NET page using XSL Transform
I have an XML document that I am trying to display in my ASP.NET page. I am using an XSL Transform to display repeating XML data in a specific format. It reads the data, and displays it on my page, but there's a problem. It runs all the data together on one line. The XSL file is as follows: -- begin xml --- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:template match="/guestbook"> <xsl:apply-templates select="guestbook" /&g...

Date format doesnt match from MsAccess
Hi, I have a database in Access which i store employee details. And i will merge it with Word to print the offer letter. The problem is in the recruitment date column. The date format in Access is Medium Date(28-May-10) and when its merged in Word it comes out as m/dd/yyyy(5/28/2010). Please help. Thanks You need to add a numeric picture switch to your merge field. See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Don Durai" <Don Durai@discussions....