Please help me with altering text in excel

I have imported text data and it is surrounded by double quotes "" How do I
get rid of them without going through each cell
0
mark564 (750)

One way, assuming source in A1 down
Put in B1: =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"""","")
Copy down
--
Max
Singapore
"mark" wrote:
> I have imported text data and it is surrounded by double quotes "" How do I
> get rid of them without going through each cell
0
demechanik (4694)
11/15/2006 4:07:02 PM
ASAP Utilities, a free add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has a
feature that will delete any character you choose..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"mark" wrote:

> I have imported text data and it is surrounded by double quotes "" How do I
> get rid of them without going through each cell
0
CLR (807)
11/15/2006 4:16:03 PM
Very impressive add on thankyou..did the trick !

"CLR" wrote:

> ASAP Utilities, a free add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has a
> feature that will delete any character you choose..........
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> "mark" wrote:
>
> > I have imported text data and it is surrounded by double quotes "" How do I
> > get rid of them without going through each cell
0
mark564 (750)
11/15/2006 4:49:01 PM
You're welcome.........thanks for the feedback.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"mark" wrote:

> Very impressive add on thankyou..did the trick !
>
> "CLR" wrote:
>
> > ASAP Utilities, a free add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has a
> > feature that will delete any character you choose..........
> >
> > Vaya con Dios,
> > Chuck, CABGx3
> >

> > "mark" wrote:
> >
> > > I have imported text data and it is surrounded by double quotes "" How do I
> > > get rid of them without going through each cell
0
CLR (807)
11/15/2006 6:44:02 PM
Highlight your range then ctrl+H
Find what: ""
Replace: leave it blank
Click Replace All

"mark" wrote:

> I have imported text data and it is surrounded by double quotes "" How do I
> get rid of them without going through each cell

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

data input in text box

Excel 2007

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Need help with Auto Filter

Opening Excel Workbooks

Help with income/expenses

help with simple maths in excel

Need Query Help

Excel Problem

Excel DNS query

Please ignore #2

Can anyone help ?

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...