Please help! Displaying only rows with empty cells in a numeric field using Advanced Filter. Thanks

Folks

I am learning how to use the Advanced Filter (Menus: Data, Filter, Advanced Filter). I can’t use Autofilter because in some cases I have to look for records that have to meet more than 2 conditions in the same field

Some of the fields in the list that I am trying to filter have only numeric values. One of the conditions I am trying to define would allow me to filter the list exposing those rows in a numeric field that are blank (empty cells containing no data). I have tried using the following wildcard and formula combinations�
 <>* ,  =C11="" and  <g
… in the criteria range (to filter out any cells that have something in it) but <>* only works on alphanumeric fields (not the purely numeric ones). The rest hide everything, including the empty cell I want to show

Please, let me know how to filter my list using the Advanced Filter such that (in combination with my other conditions) I can expose only those rows having empty cells in my numeric field

Thanks in advance to those who contribute

JOC

0
anonymous (74722)

Use simply <>
not <>*

You could also set up a criteria with the first row empty and the 2nd row
being =LEN(C11)=0.

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"JOCA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Folks,
>
> I am learning how to use the Advanced Filter (Menus: Data, Filter,
Advanced Filter). I can't use Autofilter because in some cases I have to
look for records that have to meet more than 2 conditions in the same field.

> Some of the fields in the list that I am trying to filter have only
numeric values. One of the conditions I am trying to define would allow me
to filter the list exposing those rows in a numeric field that are blank
(empty cells containing no data). I have tried using the following wildcard
and formula combinations.
>  <>* ,  =C11="" and  <g>
> . in the criteria range (to filter out any cells that have something in
it) but <>* only works on alphanumeric fields (not the purely numeric ones).
The rest hide everything, including the empty cell I want to show.

> Please, let me know how to filter my list using the Advanced Filter such
that (in combination with my other conditions) I can expose only those rows
having empty cells in my numeric field.

> Thanks in advance to those who contribute.
>
> JOCA

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Unable to delete empty database

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

hide a row
I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is something in Column B, I would like to hide the row. Is this possable in an if statement? Hi not possible with a formula. This would require VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bob" <bobolah@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OSOK8hisEHA.2556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. > > If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is > something in Column B, ...

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

Please help #8

How to create an autonumber field?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

using the journal on outlook

get a result of an sql into a field

default values in a cell

Load image in a unbound control from a attachment field in recor
I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from the same recordset. No problem loading the this data from recordset in VBA. PROBLEM I need to know how to load the unbound controls with Image's from an attachment field in another recordset The normal method of control = Rs!field does not work Please advise -- Thanks Tom dans l'article 78DC5502-3A76-4562-AA20-736446AB1448@microsoft.com, Tom � Tom@discussions.microsoft.com a �crit le 21/01/08 20:28�: > I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from > the same record...

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Help with importing data