Pivot table overwrites neighbouring cells #2

Hello,

I have multiple pivot tables on the same worksheet to allow for easy
comparison of data. The source data is based on the week and expected to be
refreshed daily. As the week progresses the size of the pivot tables will
grow and overwrite data below it.

I am looking for a workaround to this problem or if there is a way to set
the pivot table to insert a new row below it if the size will increase and
before data is updated.

Thanks in advance,

Anissa
0
Anissa (2)

Hi,

There is no feature of pivot tables to do what you wish.  You pretty much
have two options that I can think of:
1. Prepare extra space before you refresh your pivot tables.  For example
suppose your first PT was A1:D10 then put in 10 or 20 blank lines to the next
pivot table.  If you want to get fancy you could set up a filter column which
allows you to hide extra blank rows quickly so that all the pivot tables look
like they are adjacent.
2.  You could write a VBA routine which inserted extra rows before
refreshing and removed any extras afterwords.  You could attach the code to
the

Private Sub Worksheet_PivotTableUpdate(ByVal Target As PivotTable)

End Sub

procedure.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Anissa" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have multiple pivot tables on the same worksheet to allow for easy
> comparison of data. The source data is based on the week and expected to be
> refreshed daily. As the week progresses the size of the pivot tables will
> grow and overwrite data below it.
>
> I am looking for a workaround to this problem or if there is a way to set
> the pivot table to insert a new row below it if the size will increase and
> before data is updated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Anissa

I want year in one table to be less or equal year in another table
Hi I have some problems writing a query and I hope someone can help me. I have a database with serveal tables. In one table I have this information, Lake ID-number, treatment, year for treatment. In another table I have Lake ID-number, fish species (I am intrested in pike), year when pike is present. I want to find all lakes that have pike present before the treatment was done, I want the year in the second table to me less or equal the year in the first table. Is there a easy way to do this? Thanks Try something like this substituting your table and field names. S...

parsing a date and time field #2

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

how do I change the table from which a form obtains data
I have a form that I have set up, but I would like to re-create it several times and change the table that each copy gets data from. EG Table 1 feeds Form A. I want to copy this form to create form B but it currently gets data from table 1, so I need to change it so that it now gets data from table 2. That's probably clear as mud but hopefully someone can help me! thanks Jo, If all the tables have exactly the same fields, you just need to change the Form's RecordSource. Copy the form to another name, and change the RecordSource table, or more usually, a query against the...

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

Rename Cell
How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? You can't. The closest you will get is to hide column headings, via Excel Option, and then create your own. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "shoe" <shoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA970DF-D928-41EE-9565-4639E7D49BCE@microsoft.com... > How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? you cant change the headers or row labels but you can define you data as a list (or table) and the headings can then be used to refer...

Cell Format #4

Getting contents of adjacent cells

Create static text from cell reference

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

help with dynamic tables

Macro

Querying multiple records in two tables

Sum amount if = 2 value's