Pivot Table Help

I was wondering if it was possible to link an existing pivot table to a
worksheet in an external workbook.  If so, would anyone know how to do this?
Thank you all so much for any information you have!

Mandi
0
Mandi

Org Charts?? Please help
Can anyone please help me with org charts? I need to create one that has from president down how do I create one that fits tons of people?? thank you so much.. I could use the help with either visio or powerpoint, if visio how do I transfer to powerpoint..if anyone can give me some examples that would be awesome, ive never done done :( -- 2 Hi, you can insert Orgcharts in PPT 2003 via Insert menu -> Picture-> Orgchart or in 2007 via insert tab->Illustrations group->Hierachy... all shapes/labels will be resized in accordance to the number of shapes to keep every...

HELP! Where do i find incoming and outgoing server information?
Hi im trying to add my first account to outlook and i get as far as it asking me for server information. Im using an MSN email account but dont kno whwere to find the incoming and out going server information? PLEASE HELP! lizzie 13 <lizzie 13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi im trying to add my first account to outlook and i get as far as > it asking me for server information. Im using an MSN email account > but dont kno whwere to find the incoming and out going server > information? Is this MSN account a POP account (for which MSN would have sent you server det...

ask help for DLL Export Library Definition File
Hello, guys! I got a problem when I build an MFC App which call a MFC Extension DLL that has implemented some API, but I don't know where is the problem, in DLL, in dll def file or in MFC App? the API like this: ___________________________________________________ head file extern "C" AFX_EXT_API long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ); cpp file extern "C" long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ) {....} and its def file like this: __...

help with filtering
Hi, How do I use the autofilter to show me three items. It only seems allow me two when I use the custom filter. thanks Susie Hi do you mean 3 conditions?. If yes this is not possible with the autofilter -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Susie wrote: > Hi, > > How do I use the autofilter to show me three items. It > only seems allow me two when I use the custom filter. > > thanks > > Susie Susie, Advanced filter may be the answer http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/filters/advanced2.htm Barbara Susie wrote: > Hi, > > How do I use the autofilter...

Looking for help with "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error
Please help anybody . . . I have been able to post messages via microsoft's news server but when I try posting to those same newsgroups via titannews.com (for which I am a paying subscriber) I always get a "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error. This wouldn't have anything to do with needing posting privelages for the newgroup would it? If it's a server error then it's not even getting to the intended newsgroup? Or may this type of error result from other causes? Maybe there's a seasoned news server user who can point me in the right direction for resolving t...

Access 2003 and SQL2000 Table Problems
I'm using Access 2003 as my client for updating tables in a database install on a SQL 2000 Server. All of the tables have the same user permissions and were created by the same user. Here is the rub. The SQL 2000 server/Access 2003 combination allows editing and insertion of records in some of the tables but not in others. Where do I start? I'm just trying to use ACCESS 2003 to open the table and edit, delete and insert new records for all tables in the database. Thanks I'd first contact the administrator and check to see if there are permissions granted on all tables....

If IsNull...And...= Then Help!
I am trying to us If IsNull to create requirements on a form that need to be fulfilled, but I don't think I have the "language" quite right. Can anyone help me correct this? Here is what I have so far: Private Sub SubmitFitConcern_Click() If Len([CountermeasureDate] & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "You must select a Countermeasure Date." Exit Sub End If If Len([CountermeasureDate] & "") < (RequestDate) Then MsgBox "The Countermeasure Date must be greater than the Request Date." Exit Sub En...

Establishing when a table is referenced
Hi there, How can I find out where a table is referenced in a form, query, or in visual basic code, within an access 97 project. I've just inherited an access database with a lot of problems in it and it would make my life easier if I could find out when a table is being referenced. Thanks, Aine. Access Analyzer http://fmsinc.com/ Pretty sure there is a 97 version available. It won't be free, but you'd have to judge it's value vs the amount of time it saves you. (I have no connection to FMS other than as a customer). It can create a x ref list of all object references w...

Need Excel help on how to create a invoice.
i'm in abit of a dilema my project requires me to create an invoice bu i have no idea to do it, does anyone have msn/icq that can go thoug the process of creating an invoice with me.. thx in advance, any help appreciated -- translatio ----------------------------------------------------------------------- translation's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2612 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39454 anyone? able to help me :) -- translation -------------------------------------------------------------------...

Help, how do I import a CSV file when Negatives are in Parenthesis
I am attempting to import a Comma Separated Value (CSV) file into an MS Access 2007 mdb table. The table consists of text and numeric (defined as Double) fields. Unfortunately, negative amounts are NOT enclosed by double quotes in the CSV file, instead the are enclosed with parenthesis signs. Example: "10,485.16","24",(42),"16.35",(835.33) Currently, when I import the CSV file, the negative amounts are NOT imported. I need assistance with how to import these negative amounts. Thanks in advance. "ND Pard" <NDPard@discussions....

Visual Basic for Applications Help not working right.
OS = WinXP Home and Pro with SP2. Under Office 2003 Professional Edition with SP1, if I open the VBA Editor and search for a function (say Msgbox) I get a whole list of things that can be displayed. All selections respond to a mouse click and provide a wealth of information except for those noted as (Visual Basic for Applications.) For those, nothing happens -- the system just sits there with the mouse cursor changed to a hand. I have gone to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and followed the instructions that appear in several places on the web for adding the VBA help files. The ...

trying to open .CHM help file
Can anyone help me please? i am trying to open a .CHM help file via a command button on my form. I have tried using SHELL but that doesnt work, presumably because it is not a .EXE. any help greatly appreciated Already answered in another newsgroup to which you posted the same question. If you feel you need to post to more than one group (HINT: it's seldom necessary), please have the courtesy to cross-post (send the one message to all groups at once), rather than multi-post (send individual messages to each group). In this way, all responses to your post will be available together, ...

need help writing function
Column A has Days of the week listed for the entire month Column B has data listed for days of the week Want formula to count data in column B if it equals a certain day of the week like if sunday then count all data listed for sundays in column B "a" "B" Sunday 21 Monday 15 Tuesday 28 Sunday 14 Monday 10 Tuesday 12 sunday=35 Monday=25 Tuesday=40 Hi, Let's assume th...

Sum of Numbers appear as zero- Please help
Please help! I have a spreadsheet that adds up sales projects for each of our territories into a total company. When I went back to verify the calculations, I realized that zeros were appearing in some of the calculations. It appears that the column format was set to text. I've tried to change it to general or number but nothing works unless I retype everything. Is there something else I can do? Example: Group 1: =sum(A1:A2)=0 [Should be 700] Product 1: 200 Product 2: 500 Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Tina Hi Tina - Put the number 1 in a blank cell (that is form...

VisaNetAuthorization Table
Does anyone know what field reflects if a credit card was swiped or typed? root, RequestAccountDataSource is the field. D is swiped T is manual Marc "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%237PMt9nHJHA.1160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what field reflects if a credit card was swiped or typed? > Marc, After looking at the table, that is what I assumed, but D and T really did not make sense to me. Thanks! I appreciate it! "Marc" <marcr@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:e5T4PNpHJHA.4564@TK2MSFTNG...

how use dlookup to update table
hi everybody I come from china. Firstly,I'm sorry. My english is not good. I have a question about dlookup I have two tables. One table (table1)only have two fields "file name" and "file ID". Another table(table2) also include field "file ID" and "file name". table1 have many records. I want to accord record from table1 to update table2 when table2.file name=table1.file name. I design a form to input table2, there is a combobox in the form that I hope its list from table11.file name,when I choice a file name another textbox value will ...

Pivot Table -Want to display field rather than preform claculation in Data box
Is there a way in a pivot table to simply display a value of a field in the Data box rather than perform a calculation on that value. I don't want to count it, sum it. I just want it displayed. Thanks! Hi if you only have one filed for a row/column item SUM would display that value. So I'm not sure what you're exactly trying to do. A pivot table is used for the aggregation of values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Vincent wrote: > Is there a way in a pivot table to simply display a value of a field > in the Data box rather than perform a calculation on that v...

Please help and visit my site
http://www.requestforhelp.org Thankyou Sian ...

Formula Help 01-04-10
I am trying to do the following and can't figure out the formula. I have cells across a column that have one of the following numbers: 0,1,2,3,4. I want to get the number of cells that have a 1 or a 2. For example, lets say A3 is a 1, C3 is a 3, E3 is a 4 and G3 is 2. I want the forumala to give me 2 (1 in A3 and 2 in G3). I am sure it is fairly simple, but I can't figure it out. Thanks Try: =COUNTIF(A3:Z3,1)+COUNTIF(A3:Z3,2) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Casey" wrote: > I am trying to do the following and can't figure out t...

Smart List or what tables for RM by bill to address??
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C65EFC.570A7330 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I need a report for revenue by state. I usually use Smart List = Receivables Transactions and export to Excel then summarize in a pivot table all transacations by state. This year it won't work because we have = customers w/ a different bill to then ship to and the Smart List uses = the ship to address. I can not find a way to get Receivables Trx by = bill to address. I tried then to use MS Acces...

Need some help with excel spreadsheet...
I'm running excel 2003 on a winxp pro machine. I have a spreadsheet with the following information. Cust Number, Cust Name, Inv Num, Inv Date, Description, Amount There are many invocices per customer number. The date appears as 1YYMMDD. There are a couple of things I would like to Change. I want to change the date to MMDDYY format. I want to add the amount on the invoices and have the following per customer numnber: Cust Number, Cust Name and a Total amount from the invoice amount. Instead of having one 5 lines for 5 invoices for 1 customer number I want to have 1 customer number an a ...

Radar chart from pivot gives stacked series?
I've created a radar chart from a pivot table. All the values are fine, but when creating a pivot chart I get strange results. All the series are stacked. The innermost values are correct. The values from the second series are added to the first, and so on. If I copy all the values from the pivot table and paste them on a new sheet (using Paste Special) everything is fine. Is there a special setting for this somewhere? /Sam That is extremely strange. There is no way to create a 'stacked radar' chart through the normal Chart Wizard. The only way to create such a beast is to ...

Encrypted Key For Signing Help
I've opened an old VB project that I've not touched in nearly a year and when I go to build, it says this: IMPORT KEY FILE - THIS PROJECT INCLUDES A PASSWORD-ENCRYPTED KEY USED FOR SIGNING. How do I remove or recover the Password? Thanks! Brian "Brian" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:314B657C-F24E-4BED-8128-F77A7079ED9D@microsoft.com... > I've opened an old VB project that I've not touched in nearly a year and > when I go to build, it says this: > > IMPORT KEY FILE - THIS PROJECT INCLUDES A PASSWORD-ENCRYPTED KEY US...

Pivot Table Has Become Confused
Has anyone come across this before? 1. I'm working in Excel 2000 linking to Access 2000 2. There is a master pointing at Access and 5 tables linked to the master 3. Sometime when working with the table I find that the data get confused! Example: Customer A is selected for the whole pivot but the data is for customer X! If I double click on the data and the data is for customer X even though customer X is not selected! Any ideas what causes this? ...or how to fix it? You help is appreciated.. Matt ...

Pivot table formatting #8
I have a pivot table that I'd like to format so that it doesn't look like a pivot table. I haven't found a way to do this and I'm hoping someone can help me. I want to prevent the user from making any changes to the structure of the pivot table by dragging/dropping fields. Therefore, I want to hide the drop down arrows that appear next to the field names in the pivot table. I've tried to look for the right PivotTable property that controls this but haven't been successful. I've attached an small Excel file (zipped) that illustrates the pivot table I have and ho...