paste info from excel into another spreadsheet & have todays date.

i would like to transpfer data from an excel spreadsheet into antoher
document, but when i paste it I would like the current date to automatically
transfer next to it.
0
Stephanie (81)

hi,
i am not sure that can be done with a simple paste command
you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + L to insert the
date after the paste.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/22/2004 12:50:25 PM
Hi

not sure that Ctrl & L is the standard shortcut for the date - on my system
it is Ctrl & ; (semicolon)

Cheers
JulieD

> hi,
> i am not sure that can be done with a simple paste command
> you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + L to insert the
> date after the paste.

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Sorting by Color in Excel 2000
I want to sort text by color. I have a worksheet with some rows in black font and some in red. I need to group the rows in red font together. Is there anyway to sort by color? Thanks Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm not possible without VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Greg" <gregor1974@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0ce901c4ac89$2be98dc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to sort text by color. I have a worksheet with > some rows in black font and some in red. I need to group > the rows in red font together. Is there anyw...

Incorrect formatting opening .csv file in Excel
When opening a database generated .csv file with the following data: "1","10E-024","1" Excel opens it incorrectly formatting the text as a scientific number: 1 1.0E-24 1 If I save the file as .txt, and open in excel using the import wizard, I can specify that the column should be text, and the item code 10E-024 appears correctly. However this is far from ideal, as it relies on a manual step and the file cannot be saved as .csv again - otherwise the same fault happens next time the file it opened. Is there a way of forcing Excel to open .csv files in raw da...

Excel #21
I have another question for this paper that I'm working on and I can't seem to find the answer to. I'm a new user for Excel and I know next to nothing about it. Any help you can give me would be great... The question is: "If you see a spreadsheet with row AND column headings as NUMBERS, what is the problem (if any!!)? Tools > Options > General tab > uncheck R1C1 reference style > OK "allybell1980" wrote: > I have another question for this paper that I'm working on and I can't seem > to find the answer to. I'm a new user for Excel...

Date functions
Our database represents dates by giving the day number within a year. For example, day number 1 is January 1, and day number 365 is December 31. Is there a function to convert day number to mmm-dd? =TEXT(DATE(2005,1,A1),"mmm-dd") where cell A1 holds the day of the year "Kirk P." <KirkP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:847D34F3-CA15-4BA2-A5EB-578DBBB42E6A@microsoft.com... > Our database represents dates by giving the day number within a year. For > example, day number 1 is January 1, and day number 365 is December 31. Is > there a fun...

Merging Excel Sheet with Excel Sheet (Just like in MS Word!)
Hi everyone, Purpose: create classroom roster between one Excel spreadsheet as data source and another excel sheet. I know how to use one excel spreadsheet as a data source to merge with another word document; however, by using this method, I found that the link between the files keep dropping from time to time, especially when the folder has been moved around. I'm thinking of creating the same layout of the Word document in another Excel spreadsheet and somehow "LINK" the data source and the other spreadsheet together, but I'm not sure how, or whether thi...

Push single contact field data into prepared excel workbook
I am new to macros but ameager to get some formulated to help run my small business. I have been trying to find some code which suits my requirement of pushing signgular fields from a contact into a pre-prepared excel book which is loaded with the next stage of macro-powered automation. I recieve enquiries both via email and by phone. I use my blackberry to save phone enquiries to address book and Anagram for Blackberry to capture the required contact data from our email enquiry form. Both are then synchronised with my Outlook contacts. Either from the point of creation, or through ...

Can you move a page from one publication to another?
Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move it into the one you are currently creating? Select all, copy, and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Melis" <Melis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE2DE89E-E052-4A56-9E62-79C8528450D4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move > it > into the one you are currently creating? ...

Tasks with no due date at the bottom?
Is there any way to convince Outlook 2000 to show tasks with no due date at the bottom of the task list -- when the sort is on by due date, ascending? I know if it's sorted by due date descending, the no-due-date tasks will be at the bottom, but that's just not it; what I need is a view sorted by due date, ascending, with no-due-date tasks at the bottom. I suppose it seems quite logical: the closes due dates on top, the farthest due dates lower down the list, the ones without due dates at the very bottom. I would love to do the same with Outlook 2003. I think the answer is that...

Is there a way to change the effective date on EFT transmit files?
I'm trying to determine if there is a way to adjust the effective date that is located on the transmit file for EFT file transmissions. Our transmit files show the current date as the effective date for our batches. We'd like to see a day or 2 later. I believe the location of this "effective date" is between characters 70 and 75 on the 5 record (company/batch header for all entries). ...

Excell 2002 xp
need to enable file sharing so that we can have version control on a Excel document Tools, Share Workbook, select (put a check mark into) the option "Allow changes by more than one user...." Then make choices in the Advanced tab as desired.... MRO "sarosh Tafti" <sarosh.tafti@mcdanalds.ca> wrote in message news:071401c38219$9bcc8110$a401280a@phx.gbl... > need to enable file sharing so that we can have version > control on a Excel document ...

How can I have an initial zero in an Excel cell?

Read from Barcode Reader in Excel and Auto hit enter
I am trying to read a barcode off an item, it then goes into it's place in the excel sheet but I cannot get it to automatically hit enter, I have to walk back to machine to hit it. As I recall (12 years ago...) there is a setting on the barcode reader to add Line Feed -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Neo" <Neo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB95BB3A-91C8-4965-9528-7D32920B81EB@microsoft.com... >I am trying to read a barcode off an item, it then goes into it's place in > the excel sheet but I cannot ...

space then date causes error
On my spreadsheet they have to type in a date and other calculations are taken from this point. Of the hundreds that have used it there have been no problems, however as always there will always be one....... When they fill in the date they type a space and then type the date, this throws up errors in the other calculations. Not altogether important but is there an easy fix for this, so that if anyone types a space it is ignored, I dont want to get involved in VBA/macro stuff. Right click the sheet tab>view code>insert this>modify range to suit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By...

Change theme colors in Excel
Working in the Excel 2010 Beta version, but I think it's the same in 2007... How can I change the theme and/or standard colors? I can find the colors I want with "more colors" but I have to add to recent colors EACH time I use Excel. Any way to change default settings for the color palette? ...

excel causing system to be in low system resource
Hi all. Whenever i open my excel application, i am always prompted low system resource and have to exit the application. However all my other office applications like word, access work fine when i open them. I face similar problems before and i reinstall excel to solve the problem. Is there a better solution which can solve this problem once and for all? Thks in advance ...

Copy sheet in Excel
Hi Wonder if anyone of you encounter this problem before? When I try to copy worksheet in a workbook, the following prompt comes up, indicating name conflict. "A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaaa', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click Yes - To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click No, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box" When I clicked yes, another prompt comes up indicating ...

Parameter Query using date ranges
I am creating a parameter query where I want to pull data between 2 dates. In the date criteria of my query, if I write between #01/01/2008# and #01/31/2008# +1, I will get all data for January. If I use a form to enter the dates and have Between [Forms]![autoexec]![start] And [Forms]![autoexec]![end] +1 in the date criteria, I get an error. Does anyone know what I should put in the criteria to make the query work? Are you entering your dates as m/d/y? What happens if you try: DateAdd("d", 1, [Forms]![autoexec]![end]) Is the form open? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access...

Avoid pasting over hidden rows
Hi All I have a quick question in regards to pasting data over a range with hidden rows. Is it possible to paste data over a range of cells and avoid pasting data in hidden rows? Let's say sheet2 has data in range A1:B5 and row 2 is hidden. Let's say I copy range A1:B4 from Sheet1 and paste on Sheet2 starting in cell A1. I would like the data to paste over rows 1,3,4 and 5. (skip hidden row 2) I'm pretty sure the answer is no but I thought I'd ask anyways since there are some clever folks out there who might find a way. (Without using VBA) Thanks in advance. W...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

Paste Cells in Column A to Columns B-K
Hi All, I was wondering if someone can help with writing an Excel Macro or some scripting. What I am trying to achieve is the following. In Column A (A1:A1000) there are values of L0xxxxxx xxxxxx=numbers (i.e L0123456) What I want to be able to do is move the values from column A to Columns B-K (10 Columns) 10 values at a time, upto 100 lines. A B C D E F G H I J K L00001 L00001 L00002 L00003 L00004 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 L00010 L00002 L00011 L00003 L00004 ..5 ..6 ..7 ..8 ..9 L00010 L00011 Any help would be appreciated. T...

Empty cells showing that they are default formated to "Date"
I created a spead sheet with one column set as a date the first to the end of the month. The other columns have various in text and accounting info. If I click on a empty cell it show in the format section on the bar the the cell is set up to have a date entry. This is all over the page. Can any one tell me why this is happening? -- Fred You can correct that by setting the formating for the other columns. Simply click on the column(s) then right click and select Format cells, or select the column(s) then go to Format and then Cells. In the selection list choose any option bes...

line graph-need to pick up dates as values for the x axis?
How do you get a line graph to pick up and show dates as the values on the x axis, not starting at zero nor at the first of the month. There doesn't seem to be anywhere for x-axis data to be transferred to the x- axis. I did put the dates into a row of cells and highlight them. i am using MS office 2000. Go to Source Data on the Chart menu. On the Series tab, select the series, then click in the XValues box, clear it if necessary, and select the range that contains your dates. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions ht...

Combining Excel files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C39406.568A3A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have all my timesheets in separate files and I would like to extract = values from each file to use in analyzing my time spent on projects and = time spend doing administrative tasks, etc. Can someone give me some tips on how to get started (e.g.. how to = extract valves from one file to another) Thanks Cory ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C39406.568A3A80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859...

Font changes when pasting into another doc
I have two docs created originally in Word 2000, and I am using Office 2007. The docs are in compatibility mode. When I copy a selection that has two different fonts from one doc to the other doc, the whole selection changes to the font/style that is in the selection point. (I have a list of paragraphs, each preceded by some symbols in a proprietary font, i.e.  Your car has ...;  Try toothpaste ...;  This flower is ...; etc. Each paragraph has a line following with a series of ******** which are center aligned for looks) In trying to copy a selection from...

how to fix cells in excel and other move
I saw alot of excel wher some celles do not move and other move up and down so can any body help me to know how to make it Try this. Click on a cell, say B2 and pull-down: Window > Freeze Panes -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200847 "Bassam" wrote: > I saw alot of excel wher some celles do not move and other move up and down > so can any body help me to know how to make it ...