Password protected spreadsheet

When I open a password protected to modify sheet, the dialog box says -
"filename.xls" is reserved by - followed by a blank line.  How do I insert my
name in this space?

What this is picking up is the user name you have entered in excel

All you need to do is edit this.

In excel 2007 click the office button (that round window thing in the top
left), select Excel Options and at the bottom in the Personalize Excel
section enter your name in the User name Field.

In earlier version you find this under Tools:Options on the General tab
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"BobW" wrote:

> When I open a password protected to modify sheet, the dialog box says -
> "filename.xls" is reserved by - followed by a blank line.  How do I insert my
> name in this space?

Password Error
When setting up the email account outlook 2000 automaticaly checks the "remember password" box and the password box is blank. When I enter a password for each account,check the remember password box, and then hit apply, outlook send/recieve will work. When I close outlook I have to go through the whole process all over again because the program is not keeping the password(s). ...

Pasword protected Excel file encrypted, how do I read this file?
I password protected an important file. My husband downloaded the Office 2003 upgrade last night. Now when I try to access the file I get this message...This is an Excel file, I don't know why it looks encrypted or why I can't access it. This file is not in a recognizable format. If you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Office Excel, click Cancel, then open this file in its orginal application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft office Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the...

outlook password #13
My outlook 2002 sometime prompt me to input network password even tick the check box to save password, do anybody know why? thx JY Take a look here, it may help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 "Badman" <jonas@jk-networkctr.com> wrote in message news:%23zCUKmlWGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > My outlook 2002 sometime prompt me to input network password even tick the > check box to save password, do anybody know why? My Outlook 2003 (XP Pro) does the same thing. I read the article that this link connects with and followed the...

Appending spreadsheets
Good morning I'd like to take about 16 Excel spreadsheets and merge them into one. They will combined still fit within the 65536 row limit and have all identical column/fields. Without outputting them to CSV and doing a DOS append/save command, and without copy/pasting them into a new workbook/sheet, do I have any other alternatives Thank you Derek Hi Derek >and without copy/pasting them into a new workbook/sheet What problem do you have with that?? Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Derek Wittm...

Creating a form for a Password
I have created a Password form that will secure another form. Once the password is entered it will open the form that has the list of reports. On the form I have a text box that accepts the user's password and I have 2 command buttons one is OK and the other is CANCEL. Can anyone tell me how to make these buttons work to open the form of reports? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:52:00 -0700, mrsgwen wrote: > I have created a Password form that will secure another form. Once the > password is entered it will open the form that has the list of reports. On > the form I have a text b...

insert password using vb #2
Thank You Celtic Avenger I'll try that. Abbevill -- abbevill ----------------------------------------------------------------------- abbeville's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=976 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26122 ...

Accessing Spreadsheet Documents (Works Suite 2003)
I recently converted over from a Mac to Windows. I had several spreadsheet documents that I converted using Maclink. They converted over okay. But, when I try to use them, and then wanted to save them, I have to save in Works 7.0. Then when I try to open them up I get the following type message: BUW1, contains a formula reference outside the area that Works can access. There are other similiar references like: LDI1, KMS1, AND MX1. I do not know how to remove these problems so that I may utilize the documents. Please help. Thanks. JB I'd suggest asking this in a Works gr...

changing user password
I have a user that is not able to change her password. I set her up as a user with a temp password, thinking she would be prompted to change at first login. She was not. When she tried to force a change, it said she was not authorized. Where do I give this authorization? I am on v.10 Zach, Did she try to change the password in User Preferences => Password? -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Zach" wrote: > I have a user that is not able to change her password. I set her up as a > user with a temp password, thinking she would be pr...

Help working out hourly production rates in spreadsheet please.
Hi all, Stuck on this one now. In my spreadsheet i have 3 columns that contain the following info for my production machines Total shift time (this will usually be 7:45 or 8:30 - formatted in hh:mm format) Downtime per shift (any value upto max shift time - formatted in hh:mm format) Kgs produced. I would like to keep the time in hh:mm format as i do further calculations on these - % downtime, total downtime, total shift hours etc (and also cos it took be ages to figure out how to add up in time and i couldn't believe how simple it was when i figured it out) What i would like to be abl...

Routing and Signing Excel Spreadsheets
How can routed spreadsheets be electronically signed? -- Bonita ...

protect formulas without password
is there a way i can protect the formulas without protecting and passwording and identifying various ranges? the user accidentally enters data into a calculated cell and wipes out the formula. thank you, mike g Mike, Set the cells that the user can change to unlocked using Format, Cells, Protection, set those they can't to locked. Protect the Sheet. Robin Hammond www.enhanceddatasystems.com "work" <mike@radiant.net> wrote in message news:42140299.10B3@radiant.net... > is there a way i can protect the formulas without protecting and > passwording and identifying ...

Updating Excel Spreadsheet
I have 3 users that use the same spreadsheet, is there a way of automatically updating the spreadsheet of one user with newer information input by another user. Hello, I think you should use shared workbook. Ex2003: Tools/Share Workbook... Ex2007: Review Ribbon/Share Workbook... Obviously, you need to save the file into shared drive. Let us know if it works :) -- Milan Bortel MCP, MCAS, MCTS GOPAS Computer Training Center Brno, Czech Republic "joesw" wrote: > I have 3 users that use the same spreadsheet, is there a way of automatically >...

Bottom of spreadsheet hidden in full screen view
If you change Excel to Full Screen View and your taskbar is always on top (as it normally is), the bottom of the spreadsheet is hidden behind the taskbar. Does anyone know how to get around this without hiding the taskbar? I have found that if I drag the taskbar to the bottom and then back up again, the Excel window resizes itself correctly and the bottom of the spreadsheet is visible again. Problem is, I want to do this from VBA! Can anyone help please??? Bringing this post back to the top because it is getting lost in the depths of the forum. I've searched the whole Excel fo...

Can I open a spreadsheet If I don't have excel
My friend sent me a spreadsheet....but I dont have excel. How can I open it. thanks sincerely, Dottie Hi Dorothy, If you do not have Excel, you can download an Excel viewer from Microsoft. The viewer will allow you to read but not edit a workbook.The viewer is freely downloadable from: http://tinyurl.com/54tzl Another possibility would be to download the freely available OpenOffice suite which can read and write Excel workbooks. The download is > 60MB (IIRC), but the suite can also be obtained on CD. For OpenOffice go to: http://www.openoffice.org/ A third ...

Football Tracking Spreadsheet
Does anyone have a template for tracking football picks? We play straight picks each week with total score of the Monday night game used as the tiebreaker. I would like an excel sheet that can be set up to auto calculate and keep running total. I have one I have somewhat created with a pivot but am sure someone more talented that I has created a better rendition... Help please... Thanks. ...

Look up values and place in spreadsheet
I have an excel workbook with two sheets. On Sheet2, in column A is employee name. In column B is comments about that employee. The employee's name could be repeated several times throughout the workbook. Sheet2 has 1000 rows with multiple employees on it. On Sheet1 I want to put all the comments that match Employee1 (which is in cell A1 on Sheet1). There will probably be 20 matches, so I want the comments to be in rows 2-21. Is this possible? Thanks in advance. Try this *array* formula in A2 of Sheet1: =INDEX(Sheet2!$B$1:$B$30,SMALL(IF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$30=$A$1,ROW($A$1:$A$30))...

forgot my password
i made an excel spreadsheet about two years ago. i am trying to open the spreadsheet now but i forgot the password that opens it. The password was set in the save as box under general options. please help Hi Forgot My Password, See Chip Pearson's notes at: http://cpearson.com/excel/password.htm I believe that some sites offer demo programs that return the initial password characters. Perhaps this will suffice to jog your memory. --- Regards, Norman "forgot my password" <forgot my password@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA0C5F5-BD22-46...

How do I unlock specific cells in a spreadsheet that I protected? #2
I have a spradsheet that I protected and I now want to unlock some specific cells so my users can update the cells. I tried to do this by going to Format then Cells and so on, but when I clicked on the Format tab then on the Cell option, the cell option is grayed out(not active). What is causing this and is there a work around?....Tks, MM By default all cells are locked when the sheet is protected. First, you must Unprotect the sheet via Tools>Protection>Unprotect sheet. Then.......... Select the cells you wish to unlock and Format>Cells>Protection. Check "unlocked&q...

create a spreadsheet from another app
Hi, I am creating Excel spreadsheets from our application. We start Excel and then send DDE commands to it to create spreadsheets. Is there a better way of doing this that is not so error prone ? Excel seems to have DDE problems often and there seems to be some mysterious re-entrency problems where both our application and Excel will have be restarted in order to get the communication flowing again. Sincerely, Lynn McGuire On Jun 26, 1:43=A0am, Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am creating Excel spreadsheets from our application. =A0We start > Excel and t...

Updating Excel spreadsheets over the Internet?
We have a client who has several satellite locations. Each day, each of these locations enters data into a spreadsheet then emails that sheet to the home office. The home office then must review each sheet to generate totals for the previous day's business. Is there a feature in Excel that would allow us to make the spreadsheets available to each satellite online, then from their daily input, create a "master file/spreadsheet" that summarizes dialy business activities for the entire operation? We would like to have each satellite be restricted to their own information; ...

Problem with link cells between 2 spreadsheets
I have two separate spreadsheets containing various data. One is the Summary spreadsheet and another one is the Detail spreadsheet. In the Summary spreadsheet, I bring in the values of various cells from the Detail spreadsheets using the following method. For an example, I bring in value of cell D16 from the ExecSum tab in the Detail spreadsheet into the cell A10 in the Summary spreadsheet, I will do the following In Cell A10 of the Summary spreadsheet, it contains the following to bring the value ='C:\$User\My Folder\Data\[Datail.xls]ExecSum'!$D$16 If cell D16 in the ExecSum...

Passwords for email
I am using Outlook 2000 with Windows XP. Outlook will not remember the passwords to my email accounts and I have to reenter them every time. Is there a setting that I am missing? I know that. But therein lies the problem. The box is checked but it still doesn't work. >-----Original Message----- >Well, there is this little check box labeled "Remember Password" in the >requestor where you set up your email accounts. > >Kevin > >"tke1204" <tke1204@bellsouth.net> wrote in message >news:036f01c352ec$a9085180$a301280a@phx.gbl... >> I ...

Network password #9
I don't use passwords and now i am prompted to enter a network password or my computer will not connect to email account. Any thoughts If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal accoun...

password #31
please help i have just set up my laptop with freeserve as well as my pc but each time i go to check my e mail it comes up with my name and password but i did not put a password in can anyone help # mark wrote: || please help i have just set up my laptop with freeserve as well as || my pc but each time i go to check my e mail it comes up with my name || and password but i did not put a password in can anyone help # It's your FREESERVE password it's looking for - the one for your email account. -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpco...

Password is not saved by Outlook
Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password under account properties. I check the 'save password' box and enter the password, but it does not get saved. To my knowledge, I have no application running that disables autocompletion of passwords. I recently switched over form Outlook Express 2000 where I was having no such problems. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated. Thanks. Dave wrote: > Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password > under account properties. I check the 'save password' box > and enter the password, but it does...