password problem

i have an old dell latitude laptop computer with xp home edition. i
hardly use this computer
and in doing so i forgot my password. i can't log in, is there anyway
to bypass the  password and get into the computer so that i can delete
the password and operate with out it.
thank you
RD

0
rdevito (1)

<rdevito@genesysengineering.net> wrote in message
>i have an old dell latitude laptop computer with xp home edition. i
> hardly use this computer
> and in doing so i forgot my password. i can't log in, is there anyway
> to bypass the  password and get into the computer so that i can delete
> the password and operate with out it.
> thank you
> RD

I don't know what this has to do with Excel, but here's the solution:
Boot into Safe Mode (tap F8 repeatedly when you switch it on). Log on as The
Administrator. No password required unless you know otherwise! Then in
Control Panel Users re-set your user password.
Please post to a Windows XP group for any other problems with the Operating
System.

HTH

0
gbplinux (1141)
6/28/2007 4:20:51 PM
rdevito@genesysengineering.net wrote:
> i have an old dell latitude laptop computer with xp home edition. i
> hardly use this computer
> and in doing so i forgot my password. i can't log in, is there anyway
> to bypass the  password and get into the computer so that i can delete
> the password and operate with out it.
> thank you
> RD

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

Good Luck

gls858
0
gls858 (460)

problem with sending some emails to China
Hi, One of our users complains for problems with sending emails to some client in China. Normally I would blame this china server (or at least their ISP) but the funny thing is that our user can successfully send some messages. It basically happens when he sends it with request for delivery receipt. Furthermore, our user says that sometimes it will work even without this request (I mean - message will be delivered), but he sill will get an info form our server that massage was not delivered (which actually is not true). So here are some few details: Configuration: Windows sbs2003, Exc...

problem calculating length of text for printing
Hello, I Have a problem with calculating the length that a text would take in a dc of a printer. I Would like to auto size the height of the font so the text fits into a particular Rectangle. The code I included below works perfectly in a dc of a screen, but when I do the same drawing in a dc of a printer the calculations of the length of the text goes wrong and some characters of my text don't fit into the rectangle. So the problem is that according to the calculation of the length of the text it would fit a certain rectangle. But when actually drawing the text it doesn't fit the r...

Active Directory Problem and Email Functionality
Hi I have a CRM install upgraded from V1.2 to 3.0. This was done by someone else about 6 months ago. After the Upgrade the Email and Email tracking Functionality Does not work. After much trial and error I got it working by doing a fresh install that points to a new OU I set up. Problem is this I will have to migrate my data if I want the email Function Is there any way to change a field in the OLD Database so that it will point to the new ou. So that when I reinstall CRM it will point to a different ou. Or there aren't any way out and I have to bite the bullet and Migrate...

username and passwords on forms
IE8, Vista Home Basic SP2 I've selected this option but sometimes it is cleared. It used to be there all the time but lately it wants to be unchecked. I just need to re-enable it. I've even removed the IE update and reinstalled IE8. If there is a reg key I can check, that would work as I am comfortable working with it if I know where to go. If anyone knows what I've missed I'm attentive and appreciative. Thank you. -- DrDOS You might see... Forcing Internet Explorer To Forget To Not Remember [sic] http://blogs.msdn.com/ieinternals/archive/2010/04/09/Rest...

Is this an outlook problem??
Yhis morning the pc was running really slowly so I ran a spybot and adware check and it was chocabloc. The items were then quaranteened and deleted but now I cannot open attachment without outlook not responding. I am running Outlook 98 on Windows 98 second edition. If I open word and then open the file from that toolbar it is ok, although if I go to windows exploring and double click the file, again it takes and age. Any help gratefull received, Thanks. ...

backup w/o password?
I'm transferring and backing up some data for a client and I'd like to be able to copy the ms money data files for her without requiring her password. Can you point me to a solid howto - which files are necessary, etc? The backup feature isn't present until you log in. Would simply copying the 'stuff' in application data be enough, or do I need to capture some other things? I'd like to be able to import the money-specific files and settings into her new winxp user account. I used files and settings transfer wizard. I don't recall that it asked about ms m...

Problem using problem reporting
I noticed that windows 7 error reporting no longer works on my machine. It goes through the motions then reports it cannot connect to the error reporting service at this time, try again later. I have tried many times, same results each day. Any clue as to what might be wrong? Anyone heard of this error or know of a fix I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. Seen it reported a few times. The cause has worked out to one of three: 1.) Third party firewall 2.) Horked DNS 3.) Serious infection. Unfortunately, the third is the most common I've seen. -- Charlie. http://msmvps....

Build Problem C++
I'm a VC++/MFC rookie currently taking a Visual C++ course. I have installed VC++ Pro. version 6.0 on my machine running XP. I set up a basic program in MFC per course instructions to simply create a window with default toolbar, etc., using App Wizard and ran build from the menu to create the .exe. Got following output: --------------------Configuration: sam - Win32 Debug-------------------- Copying contents file... The system cannot find the path specified. Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe. sam.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) ----------------------------------------- The log...

money upgrade problem
Hi, I am trying to upgrade my 2004 money to 2007 but when it convert the mny file, it prompt the version is incorrect. What happen? Please help, urgent!! Thanks. Money is heavily localised for the banking and tax laws in each country. So US version is different to UK version and so on. When upgrading you MUST stay within version, so US > US or UK > UK is OK but UK > US is not possible. The message you are seeing is because you are trying to upgrade across version. I suspect you are trying UK > US. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see ...

LOOKUP problem #3
Why does the following function evaluate to zero? LOOKUP("LATE",{"LATE";"MEGA";"STILL";"";"";"";"";""},{"Y";"N";"N";0;0;0;0;0}) It should find a match with the first item, "LATE", and evaluate to "Y". What can I do to make this work? Thanks for any help. Jeff I just tested this with US xl2002. =LOOKUP("late",{"late","b","c"},{1,2,3}) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com <jlawton@yahoo.com> ...

Instr problem in VB5
I need to use the following string as a "Search String" in an Instr instruction: <name part="first"> The quotes around the word "first" are causing the instruction to fail. How can I test for this Search String? I have checked Google and tried single quotes and double quotes and chr(34) around around the word "first" all with no success. The code I am using is" SearchString = "<name part="first">" StringPos = Instr(1, InputDataLine, StringSearch) If StringPos > 0 then ...... Please help!! ...

Excel security problem
When trying to open an Excel file, I get the following : "This workbook contains a type of macro (MS Excel V 4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled or signed. Therefore, this workbook cannot be opened under high security level." I'm running Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3) How can I reduce the security level in order to open the file? Hi, Go to Tools->Macro->Security menu and reduce the security level. Regards Govind. boatguy wrote: > When trying to open an Excel file, I get the following : > "This workbook contains a type of macro (MS Excel V 4.0 macro) that cannot &...

problems with CStringW and STL streams
hello i found there are vere strange things happening when MFC UNICODE strings are outputed into STL streams. if i do CStringW myStrW(L"a"); std::cout<<myStrW<<endl; std::wcout<<myStrW<<endl; instead of "a" i got some kind of address (<< for const void* is called, myStrW is converted using "operator unsigned short const *" according to disassembly). however, any type casts help with wcout: std::wcout<<LPCWSTR(myStrW)<<endl; std::wcout<<CStringW::PCXSTR(myStrW)<<endl; and so on, as well as (const unsigned ...

Signature picker problem
In my last version of Outlook I could keep 6 different signatures in outlook and insert the one that I prefered from the menu. With Outlook 2003 that option is always greyed out and I'm stuck with only the general signature. Any suggestions on how to fix that??? Thanks, Russell WordMail does not include an Insert | Signature command like the regular Outlook editor. If you want to be able to insert a signature into a WordMail message manually, you can create an AutoText entry for each signature. You can then insert them with the Insert | AutoText command. Or, create multiple signa...

Query Problem Help!
Here is the SQL View. Nothing else supplied. Trying repost the SQL text -- Steve Clark, Former Access MVP FMS, Inc http://www.fmsinc.com/consulting "Golfinray" wrote: > Here is the SQL View. ...

Enter/Match Invoices Problem
I have a PO that has been fully received with the exception of a non- inventory line item. The shipment receipts were processed using Receivings Trx Entry. One of the line items has been matched using Enter/Match Invoices. It's the other two lines that are a problem. They have been rully received, but we can't match the invoice against them because it seems the user went into Edit Purchase Orders to cancel the non-inventory line item and close the PO. If a user went into Edit Purchase Orders and closed a PO for some reason, is there ANY way to be able to "undo" that so w...

Problem with Controls added from Controls Toolbox
I have a spreedsheet where there are several controls added, command buttons and listboxes. On some PC's users who move to different worksheets and back to the one with the listbox on it find the list displayed getting smaller and smaller each time. Or they click on a command button and the text displayed on the button gets smaller, until it disappears. Closing the workbook and reopening does refresh these controls fonts to original settings. Any suggestions as to what is causing this and how to resolve it? Jim Rech offered this solution: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm...

Installation Problems 01-17-05
When I try to install CRM I get the following error: Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to create the Microsoft CRM databases. Faild to run script:00 - create mscrm.sql.HRESULT:80040E14. Unknown Error. (80040E14) Thanks, David Are you installing CRM as the domain admin for all servers in question? Also make sure file sharing is turned on for the SQL server.... -Gary "David" <dduncan@tsi-omis.123com> wrote in message news:uzxL4MN$EHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > When I try to install CRM I get the following error: > > Setup was...

CRM 4.0 ServiceActivities Implementation Problem/Question
Trying to fit the square peg into the round hole... I am trying to use the serviceactivity capability within CRM in what I guess is a non typical way. Think of this system as a taxi cab dispatcher that has multiple taxi cab companies that it controls. My contacts call in and request a taxi for a certain date/time. I know I want to use AAA taxi - and I know they have tons of taxis. I don't care how many, and I don't know how many. I just want to schedule AAA Taxi to pick up Joe Customer. When the next guy calls in and wans AAATaxi at the same date/time, I want to be able to pick ...

Outlook 2000
Running XP w/ Ofc2000. Outlook will not save password. Running as IMO contacting POP3 mail on Yahoo. It always prompts for password and then connects. How do I get it to allow password to be saved. Everytime I enter password in Account/Properties, it shows to be there until I apply/OK, go back in and it is gone? Thanks, UR Hi UR, The problem you are experiencing is normally due to the Registry containing incorrect information for the Protected Storage System Provider registry subkey for your account. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article OL2000: (IMO) Yo...

QIF File import problem
I am attempting to use Quicken, but when I attempt to download a QIF file from my credit union, I get a prompt from Microsoft Money asking for a filename. But I have NOT been using Microsoft Money. (I may want to use it in the future, but I want that to be my choice, not coerced by the computer). Can somebody please explain how to rectify this situation, short of uninstalling Money? You'll need to reassociate the qif file type with Quicken's import handler. If you go into My computer, click on Tools, Folder Options and go to the File Type tab and look at the qif file type, you&#...

Problem with Huge Empty Cells
Hi, I don't know what I did but somehow my worksheet contains a lot of empty cells which I don't need - resulting in the scrollbar becoming very small and the file size very big. I tried to delete the empty cells right till the end of the sheet but the scrollbar remains very small and the file size still very big. What should I do? Thanks a million! See this info on "used range" at Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Explains cause and cure. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:33:05 -0800, "Dolphinv4"...

Public Folder Restore Problem.
Hi, I restored public folder store (pub.edb and pub.stm) for 2 deleted public folders from the backup tape. After a while (app. 6-7 min.) the 2 deleted public folders were automatically deleted again. In the same time (when automatically deletion occured), I saw following a few events in the event viewer that Event IDs are 3005. I could see the deleted public folders for just 6-7 minutes on the client outlook after restore. Event ID:3005 Type: Information Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Category:Replication AD Updates How can I solve this problem. Is there anybody to help me. Thanks ...

IM problem
Hi, We are using IM with GP10. While the integration was running against the SOP window, my system got hang were i need to restart my machine. After restart, while i run my IM against the SOP window it states an error message to close the GP window which was open. But there were no window kept to be open. As far as i had concern, since IM was closed abruptly it had kept the same window open and not yet closed it. Can any one help me put to overcome this problem and to run the integration against the same window. Thanks! Make sure you have installed the latest service packs for GP a...

Public folder problem #11
I'm using Outlook Express to try and copy a message into a public folder (for test purposes). When I do I receive the following error: "There is no replica for that mailbox on this server." It may be some small thing that I missed as I'm still new to public folders. Any help will be highly appreciated. Doug <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using Outlook Express to try and copy a message into a public folder (for >test purposes). When I do I receive the following error: "There is no replica >for that mailbox on this server." It...