Page Numbering #2

I am printing out spreadsheet in landscape and would like to put the page
number at the bottom of the page, but like if it was printed in portrait.
Does this make sense?   I need the page number on the side of the page not
the bottom.

0
Bmxmom (1)

Hi,

Excel does not have such an options, sorry

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Bmxmom" wrote:

> I am printing out spreadsheet in landscape and would like to put the page
> number at the bottom of the page, but like if it was printed in portrait.
> Does this make sense?   I need the page number on the side of the page not
> the bottom.

Hi,

As a backhanded workaround you could use Excel or Word
to make a template that prints the page numbers for you.
It just means that you need to put the paper back through
the printer. Not very pretty, but it shouldn't be too slow.

I'm thinking of a template that has a page number set in the right
place for say 200 pages, if you only want 36 pages then select
pages 1-36 in the print dialog.

HTH
Martin

"Bmxmom" <Bmxmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am printing out spreadsheet in landscape and would like to put the page
> number at the bottom of the page, but like if it was printed in portrait.
> Does this make sense?   I need the page number on the side of the page not
> the bottom.

Hi,

A workaround for this which I use is to select the cells, then format to
change the alignment of the text, ie rotate it 90 degress anticlockwise, so
that it reads from bottom to top in each cell. With a bit of fiddling with
the column widthes and row heights, you should be able to get the content to
fit the page. Keep checking in Preview. Then apply footers as normal.
Unfortuantely, rotating charts seems more difficult.

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10356887.aspx
0
djc (61)

PAGE SIZE DIFFICULTY
WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION REMAINS THE SAME. COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SHRINK MY DOCUMENT TO MATCH MY PAPER SIZE >-----Original Message----- >WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION REMAINS THE SAME. >COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SHRINK MY DOCUMENT TO MATCH MY PAPER SIZE >. > Choose Page setup from the File drop down menu and set the page size to suit your needs. Note that elements on the page do not change. You will have to rearrange to suit. MISS2728 wrote: > WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION RE...

VB Macro #2

Heading at top of page
Working in Word 2003, I put two spaces between a paragraph and the next 'heading 2'. This works fine until the 'heading 2' spills on to the next page. There is then two spaces gap at the top of the page. Is there a way to tell word to keep the heading at the top of the page if it spills over? Don't want to put in a hard page break. Thanks Jon. -- j4k How are you creating the spacing? If you are pressing Enter twice, then don't. Use Spacing Before instead (Paragraph dialog box, Indents and Spacing tab). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

VCR to DVD Part 2

set print area #2

Format for credit card numbers

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

how do you get a landscape page?
Please help, desperate! If you are using 2010, Page Design tab, Size, More pre-set page sizes. Letter landscape is the first choice. In all other Publisher versions landscape will be on the page setup screen found in the File menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "becky.x" <becky.x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D3EDBC-93EF-4582-94B2-83C9CE121E17@microsoft.com... > Please help, desperate! ...

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...

IMAP address on exchange sever #2

help #2

Application icon #2
Hello, all, Have a strange problem. I recently used the tool ResOrg to renumber the resource IDs in a project where there were hundreds of duplicates. This fixed a list of bugs, which is why I did it. The other programmers found three problems after this. One was trivial to fix, a second was actually a problem in the code that renumbering the resouce IDs uncovered and was also easily fixed. The third one is weird though. Renumbering the resources messed up the application icon. I verified this by recompiling with the old resource.h file and the icon is correct. In the renumbere...