Opening Workbooks Mininmized

Is there a setting that when I open a workbook it is automatically
minimized?  I have 15 workbooks that I open all at once and have to minimize
each one seperately.  Thanks.

0
DME

Hi

In the Workbook_Open sub of each workbook put

Application.ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMinimized

Save and close the file. Now each time it is opened, it will open minimized.

HTH

Ken

0
KenMacksey (98)

find data in multiple open workbooks
Im looking to find data in multiple workbooks that are all opened at once. Is there a way of doing this? ...

Excel 2000 running on Windows XP SP2 does not properly open CSV fi
The same file opened in using Excel 2000 running in Windows 2000 Pro open properly. The rows and columns are formatted properly. The same Excel 2000 opening the same CSV file but on Windows XP SP2 will not properly format the rows and columns. Hi check your regionals ettings in Windows ('Start - Control Panel') I'd suspect you have different column delimiters specified (comas versus semicolons for example) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Oscar" <Oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4985F8F5-5D33-425E-989C-65529CE63D05@mic...

Can't open file: "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID"
I'm running Microsoft Excel v.X on a Mac with Panther (OS X). An Excel file which I used a lot now cannot be opened - it says "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID". I have no idea what this is - it's a single file with just 2 sheets in it, and is fairly simple - no links to outside objects, no graphics, etc. Just a single file. What can I do to get it opened?? Microsoft Word can read it, but I'd like to keep working on it in Excel... Thanks in advance! Mike Levin ...

opening sent items archive
Can somebody please tell me how to open the archived sent items file?????? I have found the large achive file but I dont know how to open/retrieve it. There is a sent item back in February that I need to sned again !!!! Many thanks. MKL >-----Original Message----- >Can somebody please tell me how to open the archived sent >items file?????? I have found the large achive file but I >dont know how to open/retrieve it. There is a sent item >back in February that I need to sned again !!!! Many >thanks. MKL >. > This is what i think it is. If you get a me...

Outlook 2003:Previously dismissed reminders launch when Outlook2003 is opened.
>-----Original Message----- > >. > We are finding EXACTLY the same problem. This appears to happen on a Monday morning - could something be happening on the Exchange server over the weekend that triggers this? ...

Excel opens as read only from IE
I'm not sure whether this problem is Excel related or IE related. Whenever we launch an Excel file, whether it be from the company intranet or even from a web-based email, it opens as a read only. Can anyone shed any light on how to alter this? -- Regards, Darren ...

Links won't open internet sites
Links sent to me in email show up as blue and the curser turns into the hand when over it but clicking on the link does nothing, it won't open a site on the internet. What do I have to adjust? Have turned off firewall and problem continues. Help! Thanks... Using Outlook Express 6 in Windows XP Home - Internet Secuity installed but all turned off (other than antivirus) ...

Open Level 2 files
In Outlook 2002, is there anyway to to open level 2 files from outlook? It is a real PITA to save it, find it, then open it. Thanks. ************************************************ Flip the words on the domain name to send email. ************************************************ http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm should help you out. AFAIK, no, but reading this page might help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Curt Bates <crbates@footbig.com> aske...

All of the sudden my file wont open cause the font is missing!
Ok, so this moring i got into my office and tryed to open my 71 page publisher document. When i left yesterday everything was perfect. Now today it says my font i was using Helvetica is no longer available and it asks if i'd like to change the font. I can to another font, but this is a communication going out to stores for the retail compnay i'm with and i'd like to use helvetica. Now when i open a new publisher document or word file, helvetica is indeed there. Why is it missing from this one file? I've NEVER seen this error. Helvetica was never installed with a Micros...

Macro to open print window and set to print entire workbook
I need help getitng a macro created to open the print window, then se it to 'print the entire workbook'. Then the macro would stop. At whic the user would then specify additional specs for printing. I.E. # o pages, paper size etc. I am trying to default the 'print entire work book option' withou restricting the user from other print specs. I have a macro that will print once a button is clicked on th spreadsheet but it goes directly to print and does not let the user se other specs. I.E. # of pages, etc. Thanks in advanc -- retseor ---------------------------------------...

CBM transactions are not opening from the palette
Hi, My company is using GP 7.5 and today we removed the old dictionaries and installed new dictionaries and some new customizations, after that every thing is working fine except that if the user tried to go to (Transactions --> Bank Management) the system gives this message (Please run SQL Setup from the Cards-Bank Management Palette before continuing), although the user can open the same screens using the shortcuts that he added before to the Shortcut Bar. What could be the problem and what the solution for this issue? Thanks in advance,,, ...

Excel docs won't open from clicking file
I have a strange issue us Excel 2002. When I double-click on an excel document it only open the excel program and not the doc. I can then go to file|open and open it just fine and work on it etc. Excel seems to be OK other than this strange issue. Word and the other office programs don't do this at all??? I have checked and verified all folder options | files types, their associated open commands etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks- Hi Have a look at Tools/Option/General and uncheck 'Ignore other applications' if it's checked. Andy. "jayman" ...

How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?
How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the PDF add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant complete until I figure out how to do this. You can't open pdf's in Word -- that's the point of pdf files. On Feb 10, 3:06=A0pm, terrycwilson <terrycwil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the= PDF > add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant > complete until I figure out how to do this. You can'...

Merging Workbooks
HELP !!I have two large but seperate workbooks (2000 rows each) that both have two common columns that contains the same misc numbers and text (such as premise number and street name). Other columns contain differenct data, such as name, or community in one workbook and date of hire and salary in the other workbook. I want to blend the two workbooks into one workbook combining the common data and then adding the remaining columns so that I end up with a single row that I could sort by premise number and or street name, but can't find a solution within "help" I'd cr...

How to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula?
In order to simplify the maintenance of workbook formulas I need to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula =[myWorkbok.xls]mySheet!$E4 in this way =[A1]mySheet!$E4 given the file name stored in cell A1 Cell A1 : myWorkbook How do I write the formula to make it work? Will it work even if the referenced workbook is closed? Regards Frank Krogh The function you'd want to use is =indirect(). But =indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed. Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at: http://xcell05.free.fr/ or http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm ...

How do I unlock pub.2000 to open pub2000 files?
When I attempt to open file previously created in Pub2000 get message saying file is locked because it is currently being used by another program. Close other program and then try opening or importing file again. Problem is I do not see or know of any open file Is the file on your hard drive? Right-click the file, properties, is the "read only" checked? If it is clear it. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allyas77" <allyas77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90C68EDD-A448-4...

opening ods files?
I received an ods file. Can I open this in Excel 2002? Jeff The ODS extension could have been created by 3 or 4 different applications. I will assume it is an Open Office file. Excel cannot open these. Ask the sender to save it in Open Office as an Excel file. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:51:20 -0400, <Jeff@unknown.com> wrote: >I received an ods file. Can I open this in Excel 2002? > >Jeff > You can download for many Office Versions http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=169337 It works fine Jean-Luc - MCT "Gord Dibbe...

Links to closed files not opening.
I have a customer with a set of rather convoluted mish-mash of spreadsheets, basically running an entire company. One spreadsheet (SSa) has a number of links to 4 others (SSb,c,d). Everything works as expected if SSb,c,d are open, & then SSa is opened, but if SSa is opened before SSb,c & d, cells in SSa display #VALUE!. I have tried the same set of files on several machines, running Excel 2000,XP & 2003, all act in the same manner. I have tried to recreate the problem with a set of files linked in a similar way, but in any case, the links were able to access data in closed fi...

wHY WON'T MOST DOWNLOADED .XLS FILES OPEN IN VERSION 5.0 ?
I am still using Excel Version 5.0. (Ha-Ha) When I try to open a .XLS file from a Website, I get an error message reading something like: "not a valid ..xls file" Is this because 5.0 is so old, or is there another issue here? How can I deal with this? Thank you. When xl97 was released, the format of the .xls files changed. xl97 (and above) can read those old file versions, but that old version can't read the newer files. Time to visit eBay (xl2k should be available/cheap)???? Al the Elder wrote: > > I am still using Excel Version 5.0. (Ha-Ha) When I try to op...

Mail disappears after it has been opened once.
I will open and read a mail item. Then I close Outlook. When I open Outlook again, that message is GONE. It is not in the Recycle Bin. I cannot find or recover it. Very bad glitch as I have lost confirmation and relationship emails. Not sure if this problem appeared when I got an iPhone and downloaded iTunes...but Doesn't sound like a glitch at all. Sounds like end user error. You have configured a view that moves the item out of sight. It doesn't delete it. State your view configuration. Probably something like "Sort By Icon" -- Russ Valentine &q...

Change default for opening Outlook 2007
I don't want to go into the inbox when opening Outlook. I want to go into the calendar. I searched and found Microsoft's suggestion at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010347711033.aspx but I kept getting an error that the target I had typed was not valid. How can I go directly into the Calendar portion of Outlook without going into the inbox? Start Outlook and then select Tools | Options | Other tab | Advanced Options button | Browse button to set what folder you want Outlook to show first when starting. "marriedhsdad" <marriedhsdad@discussion...

Distribute an excel workbook shortcut
Oh Wise Ones, Please forgive me if this is not the proper forum for this question but I'm not sure where to post it, and I feel some of you may have encountered this before. I have an excel spreadsheet that I would like to place a shortcut to on peoples desktops with the file to open readonly. Has anyone done this before? I guess it would require some type of batch file. I would send it as a link in Outlook and the recipients would double-click on the attachment, then the shortcut would be installed to their desktop to be opened readonly when start...

Won't open a specific pdf attachment
Outlook stopped opening a pdf file that I have been receiving on a daily basis for several months. About a week ago I started having propblems opening the pdf file now when I click on the e-mail with the attachment it says it can't open the attachment and then opens the e-mail but there is no attachment. I do not have any problems opening e-mails with other attachments or other e-mails with pdf attachments even from the same vendor. It is just one specific type of file with the same name which comes each day. Any ideas Thanks, Peter .. ...

Various ways to switch among open apps?
I've been relying on Alt-Tab to switch among open applications since Windows 3.1. Now that I sometimes have 10 or 12 apps open at any given time, I'm finding that the muscles of my hand often get strained. I really don't like the standard way that people switch among apps: moving the mouse down to the taskbar and clicking the icon of the app you want. Are there other possibilities out there? Maybe there are utilities that do this, or perhaps new hardware? Thanks for any thoughts. http://4sysops.com/archives/switcher-20-a-great-alt-tab-replacement-for-vista/...

how to create application-wide macros not workbook-wide
how to create application-wide macros? I have general purpose macros, for example, toc-generator based on tab names and hyperlink them to each page. do I have to view-code and create the macros every time I want to attach them? You can save your workbook as an addin (*.xla). The provide the user someway of running those macros. For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach does it in his menumaker workbook: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip53.htm Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar: http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html (from Debra Dalgleis...