One column with different widths

I want to make Column A with rows 1-29 one width and rows 30 and above
another width.

--
Calpitor

Excel does not allow varying widths of cells within a column (or heights
within rows).  You could used 'Merged' cells to accomodate the wider
column needs.

HTH

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476150

Column Reference to External Source As a Variable
Can anyone help me convert the column referenced in the formula below into a variable that the user can define? More specifically, I have several columns that I need to read from an external workbook (Short_Billy.xls). Each column to the right of column C represents an additional day out in a 14 day projection from today (whose data is held in column C). In cell I5 of my active workbook (Inventory.xls), I would like the user to be able to enter a value representing the number of days out they would like to see the projection for (0=today=Column C, 1=Tomorrow=Column D, etc.). In cell I6, I...

Text to columns

Column Headings #11
Can you add seperate column headings (A, B, C, ...) into one spreadsheet? I'm attempting to alter the column sizes half-way through the spreadsheet w/out affecting the upper column sizes... Coolumn width belongs to the entire column and cannot be altered in separate sections of that column. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:51:01 -0800, spencer4hire <spencer4hire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you add seperate column headings (A, B, C, ...) into one spreadsheet? >I'm attempting to alter the column sizes half-way through the spreadsheet >w/ou...

Update one table from another

1 Chart

One Entry to Multiple Rows

Copying data from one chart to another

Percentage difference calc that knows the largest figure
I have a calculation in cell A3 which looks at the content of Cell A1 and Cell A2 and then works out the difference between both as a percentage For instance Cell A1 = 100 Cell A2 = 10 Cell A3 returns the difference as being 90% My simple calculation in Cell A3 is as follows =(A1-A2)/A1 Cell A3 is formatted to give the answer as a percentage to 2 decimal places The above works fine as long as the number in Cell A1 is greater than the number in Cell A2 If the number in A2 is greater than the number in A1 then my calculated answer is incorrect For instance Cell A1 = 10...

Excel 2003 Copy/Paste filtered column
I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filtered column. It is not copying over the original filtered column but rather over cells that have been filtered out. The worksheet/cells are not protected. What could the problem be? Kind Regards Heather That's the way pasting works. It'll hit the visible and hidden cells. Heather wrote: > > I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, > changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filter...

how to automatically suppress space before after column break?
Having Spacing Before and After on some of the styles, I seem to be unable to have the space before at the beginning of a column automatically dismissed when applying a column break. I have tried a couple of options under compatibility, but to no avail. This in on Word 2003. The No HTML function + No Space Before after column break do not solve the problem. Can you help please? Tools | Options | Compatibility: Suppress Space Before after a hard page or column break. If this isn't working, then check to make sure you don't have an empty paragraph before the first text pa...

matching columns of numbers

Too many different cell formats #6

Office 207 One Note
My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just disappeared. I'm not sure but none of the other pages look the same. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? Have had no other computer problems recently. -- Rockymtnwoman -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days > ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just > disappeared. > I'm not sure b...

Count the text in a column
I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in another cell if it meets the text criteria Thanks! Do you mean count the characters? If so =SUM(NOT(ISNUMBER(A1:A20))*LEN(A1:A20)) as an array formula (committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Peter Curtis" <PeterCurtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94C093C4-38DC-4989-846A-9352F3298B7C@microsoft.com... > I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in > another cell if it meets the t...

forms and column lengths
Is there a way to have excel do an auto "carriage return" to the next row when you have reached the specified maximum number of characters in the row above?? Hi there's n o bulit-in feature for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Blair" <Blair@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C1D2CAAD-C4E9-492A-ADF4-CBDB659514A3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have excel do an auto "carriage return" to the next row > when you have reached the specified maximum number of characters in the > row > above?? ...

Bulk sending of emails in Outlook being rejected if one address is wrong.
I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they are all being returned to me because one or more of the email addresses is incorrect. Is there a way to setup Outlook so that the emails go to the correct addresses and the incorrect addresses are bounced back to me? I use the Mail Merge feature and send out a newsletter with over 1000 e-mail addresses (who signed up for the newsletter so it is not spam). My service provider, Comcast, just put a limit of 10 at a time. It's real fun sending these out monthly!! >-----Original Message----- >I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they a...

Users cannot login to OWA after Exchange 2K3 was moved into different OU
I created a new OU named member servers, and moved the exchange 2k3 server into it. After I moved it, only the administrator was able to login to OWA successfully. No users could login to OWA. I created a test account with a mailbox, and was able to login to OWA with the newly created test account. I then moved the exchange 2k3 server from the member servers OU into the computers OU, and the newly created account was unable to login to OWA. Any help with this would be appreciated. ...

Moving certain data to different sheet
I need to move data that meets a certain criteria, to another sheet within a workbook. For instance, if a column of data is for a certain ZIP code area, I need it to automatically copy to a sheet for that city. Say, 40202 would go to the Louisville, KY sheet. Because Louisville has multiple ZIPs, I would need only the data that begins with 402 to go to that sheet. Lexington KY's data, which begins with ZIP code 405, would go to its own sheet. Macro? Formula? Thanks! This can definitely not be created with a formula. I suggest that you make use of the macros. Rgrds, Kris...

Selecting a column with an integer
Sub ColumnSelection() ' Selecting a column with an integer ' Please show me how to eliminate the use of Cells(1, 1) Dim r As Integer Dim c As String Dim numericcolumn As Integer Dim alphabetcolumn As String numericcolumn = 4 ' in practice 4 is the resultant of an equation alphabetcolumn = "=CHAR(" & numericcolumn + 64 & ")" Cells(1, 1) = alphabetcolumn ' I like to eliminate the use of Cells(1, 1) c = Cells(1, 1).Value ' I like to eliminate the use of Cells(1, 1) Cell...

one company doesn't show $ amounts in payables for one user
I have a user who has access to multiple companies. The access for all companies is the same. In one company when she goes to Inquiry>purchasing>trx by vendor, the display shows $0 for all transactions. Other companies, she sees the correct $ amount. There are no modified windows and again her security is the same for all companies. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? TIA I am having this exact problem and would appreciate a fix. I have to change users to have the payables inquiry amounts show. I only have this problem in one company and I am the only user in our of...