Office assistant.

How do I change my office assistant if I do not have my
disk?

infinitysouls,

Take a look here:
(The following should all be on one line)

http://office.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?Scope=DC&Query=assistants&CTT=6&Origin=EC010331121033

John

"infinitysouls" <infinitysouls@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I change my office assistant if I do not have my
> disk?

0
jwilson (359)

Office 2004 Problem to save on a network share

Out of office Reply #4
Hi, I have a client with Outlook 2003 and 2003 SBS Server. OOO replys etiher do not work or they come through a few hours later. I have checked global settings in system manager to make sure OOO replys are enabaled. Any ideas? Thanks very much. Come through where? The setting you reference applies only to replies going to correspondents outside Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "TimR" <TimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:200976E7-264B-4DC7-8FA8-2CD5F7A30B10@microsoft.com... > Hi...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

Activating Office 2007. How long?
How long can I activate Office 2007? My computer might break down in 5 years. Then I will buy new hardware and wish to install my spare Windows XP and my spare license of retail Office 2007 (because I am used to them): Will I be able to activate them at that time in the future??? And if a PC fails in 5+ years why would you then want to install a version of windows, which has currently been superceeded by Vista & now Win7 Assuming the world still exits in 5 years time I suspect that MS will also "officeuser53" <officeuser53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Office 2007 Ribbon
In the majority of other Windows applications, the menu system allows me to click one menu item (eg. "Edit") and then just move my mouse left and right in order to see what is under the adjacent menus. Is there any way to make the Ribbon do this? As an advanced user of previous versions of Office, I know that Microsoft "invented" this new Ribbon interface (aka "a bunch of Tabs") to enhance my productivity, so I assume that there should be *less* clicking and /faster/ access to functionality. I am sure that it had _nothing_ to do with growing compe...

Out of Office Assisatnt Forwarding
I'm having a weird issue. I've turne don out of office assistant and set it uo to forward to email to an outside email address so I can get email. Unfortuantely its not forwarding the email. Why is this? Mentioning the version of Exchange you're on helps a lot when answering these questions. Did you set up an OOF in Outlook - which simply auto-replies to senders about your out of office status - or setup up forwarding in AD Users & Comuters | recipient properties | Exchange General tab | Delivery Options? (You would need to create a Contact for the external address to...

How can I transfer Hotmail contacts to MS Office Outlook?
I'd like to transfer my "contacts" in MSN Hotmail into my MS Office Outlook Express. How does one go about this? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, al...

Office 2004 Performance and Support Files
I have a couple questions regarding Office 2004: -Word v.X often cannot display characters fast enough to keep up with my typing, particularly in the Page Layout view. Has this been fixed in Office 2004? -Office v.X applications seem to load the CPU rather significantly even when idle. Is this issue resolved? -Office v.X places it's support files in ~/Users/Home/Documents. Have these support files moved to the ~/Users/Home/Library folder? I was happy to discover Office 2004 supports UNICODE and long file names. If these other issues are resolved as well, I think I will upgrade. Thanks...

Configuration restarts each time an Office module is opened
Hi All I am going quite mad. I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on one Vista notebook. Well and good. I try it on another notebook, register it successfully and now each time I open Word it tries to perform a setup again, with a Configuration Progress dialogue popping up. A few decades later Word appears. There is absolutely no indication what the problem may be. Any ideas are welcome. Cheers Andre Never mind. Problem solved. The registry needed manual editing. "J Andr� Labuschagn�" <technical@eduadmin.com> wrote in messa...

Password Protection doesn't interop between Office for Window and Office for Mac 2004
I have an excel file that was created in Office for Windows and certain cells were password protected. When I open that same file with excel for Mac the password protection doesn't work. I tried tools>unprotect> .... I plug in the password and no luck. When I open that same excel file with another windows machine with Office for windows I'm able to access the protected cells after entering the password. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for office for mac? I'll be forced to buy a windows version of office which would make the mac version useless. I'm currently r...

Out of Office Problem #5
We are using Windows 2000 and Outlook 2003. We DO NOT have the Microsoft Exchange Server. (That's a long sad story) The boss wants to notify everyone sending him email that he is out of the country on his honeymoon. Is there anyway to do this without having the "Out of Office Assistant" available (which we would have if we had the Exchange Server). Marty You didn't specify whether you are using a POP3 or IMAP client, but regardless... check and see if you have the option of using the Rules Wizard. If you do, you could create a rule to send out what would amount to an O...

Out of office response for several internet domains
I have an Exchange Server 2003 that has several Internet domains in it. When we enabled the "Out of the Office" in the default properties of the Internet Message Format, it only works with the main domain. For example, when we send a message to test@domain1.com (domain1 is the main domain) the automatic response works, but, if we send a message to test@domain2.com, it doesn't work. Could anybody help with that? Thanks Out of office responses are sent once per sender. If you sent a message from an external account to test@domain1.com and got the Out of Office noti...

Installation of Office on Netbook
I recently got a Netbook, and I have MS Office Home and Student 2007. My netbook only has 1.25 GB of ram. I was wondering if there is anyway to at least download MS Word & Powerpoint? It says I have 3 licensed and I've used one on my main PC. When I downloaded it to my netbook, then tried to install it, it said that it failed to install. I thought it may have to do with the ram. My hard drive has lots of space on it. I'd like to be able to use at least MS Word to do Resumes on my netbook. Any help is appreciated. Thank-you You have got plenty of RAM to run Office...

use both office 2003 and 2007 on same computer
can i install office 2007 and keep office 2003 and use both on same computer? "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C60503B-E5C0-49D7-BD15-3F176AE7E12D@microsoft.com... > can i install office 2007 and keep office 2003 and use both on same > computer? Yes and No. Outlook No! Only one version can be installed. Rest of the suites yes, one issue with Word which is corrected by using a registry key. It is all explained here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091/en-us especially the Word fix which is about half way down. 20...

Hyperlink with a bookmark does not work in Office 2007
I have searched everywhere I could and cannot find a solution. Need to link to a document and bookmark. The document opens, but not at the bookmark (Word opens at the beginning, Excel opens on the tab where last saved). I use the format of Document.doc#Bookmark or Spreadsheet#NamedRange. Has anyone found a solution? -- Thanks, Andy ...

Can Update Office 11.0
I am trying to give Office a whirl on my powerbook however I need to upgrade to 11.1 for it to work with my ofices Lotus Notes e-Mail. When I try upgrading I get the 11002:2,-14 error I've heard talked about in this newsgroup. I've tried all the suggestions but still no luck. I tried repairing permisions, re-installing, turning of Entourage notifications. Nothing works! Please help. Haven't a clue. Previous threads didn't offer anything? Try re-downloading the update. Maybe previous updates haven't been run yet. Use Help | Check for Updates and let it tell you what...

Microsoft Office 12
I downloaded the trial version for 30 days however, I can install the office 12 due to what I believe the error code 646 when I am trying to install updates on my system. This is becoming an issue becayse each month I am experiencing problems with installation of updates. Sonya wrote: > I downloaded the trial version for 30 days however, I can install > the office 12 due to what I believe the error code 646 when I am > trying to install updates on my system. This is becoming an issue > becayse each month I am experiencing problems with installation of > updates. ...

How to install software on a terminal server/use microsoft office through RDP
My boss is asking me to figure this out, so I do not know all the configurations he is using. I can tell you its Windows server 2k3. He wants to be able to RDP to server, and work physically on the server. He also needs to have office 2003 license installed. So the greater question is "how to use ms office 2k3 through RDP on microsoft 2003 server?" -- jgosney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jgosney's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159717.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1277...

Out of Office Assistant is not visible, where to find?
I have Office 2002 and although the Help section says to find the autoresponder under Tools/Out of Office Assistant - it's not there. Is there somewhere I can access this functionaliy? Or is it not really included in the product? Thanks... "Eric" <efriedma@aol.com> wrote in message news:047501c3d850$e245bbb0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have Office 2002 and although the Help section says to > find the autoresponder under Tools/Out of Office > Assistant - it's not there. > > Is there somewhere I can access this functionaliy? Or is > it not really inclu...

Xfr excel data from Office 97 to Office XP
I have been working on an excel document, that I often carry home with me and use on my laptop. The file was created in Excel XP and my laptop runs excel version office 97. Using the file on both computers worked great until recently. The file is now 600KB and will no longer open on my laptop at home with the office 97 software. It works great at work only on the excel XP. I do not understand why all of a sudden I can no longer access this file at home. I could really use some help, does anybody have any ideas? ...

Instant Search Pane Problem in Office 2007 Outlook
User on XP SP3 Recently updated user from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Once inside Outlook 2007, the User tries to do a Search of email from a certain user using the "Instant Search Pane" window and only receives Email from two days ago, nothing in the past, which indeed there is email from this "User" she is looking for. Tried REMOVING the Outlook Profile and creating it again and this did not work. Next Step was to Rename the Windows Profile Reboot device and Rebuild it again and this did not work. Had 3 different people log onto this system and the "Instant ...

Can I uninstall office xp if I have installed office 2007?
I am getting updates from office xp that are cluttering my disc space, but I use office 2007. Can I uninstall these updates or are they needed by 2007 also? If you still have officexp installed, uninstall it "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83D189CF-EC33-4D49-B7CE-760EF1AB34E5@microsoft.com... >I am getting updates from office xp that are cluttering my disc space, but >I > use office 2007. Can I uninstall these updates or are they needed by 2007 > also? ...

Office 2004 Icons
This may be stupid, but how do I delete the Office 2004 Icons off the Dock. When you right click the icon the only thing that comes up is show in finder. Thanks for your help You can get rid of any closed application's icon by dragging it off the dock. In article <98df3a91.0408172151.69dda5c1@posting.google.com>, rulethecourt@msn.com (C. Landry) wrote: > This may be stupid, but how do I delete the Office 2004 Icons off the > Dock. When you right click the icon the only thing that comes up is > show in finder. No can do. When you click & try to drag to trash nothin...

Office 2003: Outlook windows do not respond when communicating to
I use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for mails as part of my work as our corporate requires us to use the same. The Outlook windows stop responding to any user interface events (mouse click/keyboard) when outlook application is contacting the Microsoft Exchange server and the exchange server is offline. Till the communication times out the outlook windows cannot be minimized, closed, used. The worst thing is since Microsoft Word is used by outlook for mail editing. Even Microsoft Word stops responding during the above said period. I cant understand how Microsoft can overlook such a simp...

contacts vs address-book in Outlook (Office 2000)...
I have been synch-ing my addr-book between Outlook (from Office 2000 Premium) and a PDA (Palm-OS). So, my approx 100 people, with their email addr and some with other data (e.g.phone number and street addresses) were located in both the Outlook addr-book and the Palm. So, the other day, Win-XP got totally corrupted. I've recovered from that...a brand instance of the OS is now in place, and I struggled and finally got Office 2000 to finally install and work (a battle in its own right). I re-installed my Palm-OS software, so I can again 'synch' from its USB-cradle with the new ...