office 2007 excel

i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro
toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help?
0
THOMAS1 (129)

Hi Thomas

Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro
> toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help?

0
Roger

Can i use Windows Search to find a number within Excel?
If i use Widnows search of the CONTENTS of files (not file names), i find in Excel, that for cells that contain text, they can be found. But, it does not appear to me that numbers can be found. Of course the number as Excel stores it may differ from how it is displayed. But, does anybody know if this is possible? For instance, i have a cell with the number 3,709,227 in it, as it appears in Excel (as formatted). I tried typing the number both with and without the commas, into WIndows search, but Windows search still does not find the Excel file that contains that number. So, any kn...

Excel 2007: Problem with refresh screen (when minimizied)
Hello On our network (around 40 workstations; Win XP Pro and Office 2007) we have particular the following problem: The user minimized the Excel programm window and do some other works in other applications, return to the minimized Excel window and want to maximize the Excel window. Result: The Excel window is empty. You can paricular see some rows or colums but often not. We try out also other graphic card but get no success. Any ideas? Kind regards, Martin Schweizer ...

Shutting off flags in Outlook 2007
How do I stop the message that says "message not sent" that pops up while composing e-mail? Is it an actual dialog box that comes up? What type of email account do you have configured in Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exc...

excel 97 filename truncation in Windows XP Pro
I have a legacy application that runs in Excel 97. I have Excel 97 and Excel XP loaded on a new machine that runs Windows XP Pro. The legacy application fails because the filename of a workbook is truncated during the saveas command. When I do a manual saveas in Excel 97, the filename truncates to the first letter. If I do the same thing in Excel XP, the saveas works normally. There have been a few posts describing the same problem. I searched google and found this: http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl The last post in the thread suggested an answe...

Office Accounting Professional 2009
Hello everyone, In looking over our Technet applications, I was wanting to test out Office Accounting Professional 2009 due to limitations we have found in our normal accounting product Simply Accounting. When installing the product, everything goes fine, but we are unable to setup a Canadian company. Is there a version that will allow us to do this? I noticed there are two versions, one being the English - United States version, and one English-United Kingdom. Will the latter one work for Canadian customers? Any help would be very appreciated, Peter Skinner Edmonton ...

Deployment Office 2003
In my organization we are going to deploy Office2003 Pro with SMS, I am using an MST file, I have some Questions:: 1. How can I config in outlook 2003 the field: SIZE in the inbox/sent items to all of my users in the deployment, Is it with OPS file and how can I do it...??? 2. In the Installation proccess : How can I make the OUTLOOK ICON appear in the desktop, not in a mode of shoutcut but in amode that I can change profile's user from it...??? 3. In the Installation Mode: How can make the CANCEL button to disapear..??? Thax OR 1) You would have to provide a script to ...

Setting up out of office reply on exchange serer 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with internet mail connector, using POP. Thank you See reply to your later post in here. Leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is > off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with > internet mail connector, using POP. > ...

Office 2003 Opening a new Excel Doc.
I just updated to Office 2003 and everytime I open up a new workbook a blank workbook name PERSONAL opens as well. How do I change that from happeneing?? Thanx, Jesse Hi Jesse Window>Hide and save the personal.xls When you record a macro you have the option to save the macro in this hidden workbook so you can use the macro in all your workbooks. You can find the file in your Xlstart folder -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65505D55-31EB-4BAA-A32D-B052F70E03AD@microsoft.com... >I just...

Received mail notification in Outlook 2007
I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? That's a Windows setting in Control Panel, Sounds. Under Windows Sounds, choose one for New mail Notification. "RigaLVB" wrote: > I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would > like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, > such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? > > > ...

Two Excel tables in MS Query
How can I link two tables in two Excel-files, in MS Query and result view in PivotTable? ---------------------------------------------------------------------- I can link two tables in one Excel-file. ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard SourceType:=xlExternal, SourceData:=Array( _ "SELECT `TKG_DATA$`.YEAR, `TKG_DATA$`.MONTH, `TKG_DATA$`.DAY, `TKG_DATA$`.TIME, `TKG_DATA$`.`INC/OUT`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C59/170`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C46/158`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C356/137`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C355/358`, `TKG" _ , _ "_DATA$`.`C354/357`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C32/142`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C30/116`, `TKG_D...

Money 2007 Not Responding
Money 2007 Deluxe is periodically and un-reproduceably hanging during various operations (transaction entering, balancing accounts, etc.) with no rhyme or reason. My only option is to close Money by clicking the "X" in the upper right-hand corner of the program. Vista then asks if I want to close or wait. I've waited as long as 30 minutes with no response from Money, so I always choose "Close". None of my data seems to get lost or garbled in any way. This is a new installation of Money on a new computer with Vista. This is a new money file that only has tra...

Merging excel office data into a publisher office project(Australi
Having problems when I get to the point in the merge wizard "catalog merge template", with the DOB format to be entered into the membership card that I have made in Publisher. It reverts back to American date format. Could the problem be in the edit record section? All seems to be okay till then. I have checked the regional settings etc., all okay. When I have finished template of merge & highlighted the DOB field gone to language on tool bar and set language it still doesn't work then preview, it has reverted to American. ...

exchange 2007 delayed sending
a while ago I posted a message about delayed sending being stuck in the outbox in outlook 2007 outlook can not be closed as then the email is not send now I am trying to do the same but using outlook in online modus instead, the messages are now send immediately this even though the message header in outlook clearly states that the message is not to be delivered before "date and time" (in the future) how can I find out why this feature is not working (as expected) thnx This artical is very useful and it applies to Exchange/Outlook 2007 as well http://blogs...

how do I tell excell 2003 to print sheets back to front?
In excel 97 I could tell printer to start printing from the back page to the front so the job would come off of the printer in the right order. I cannot find that command in excell 2003. Am I overlooking it, or have they changed the command convention to an obscure, hard to understand, jargon. FILE | PRINT... | Click on the PROPERTIES button | PAGE ORDER, i.e. back to front. "goochiepepper" wrote: > In excel 97 I could tell printer to start printing from the back page to the > front so the job would come off of the printer in the right order. I cannot > find that co...

How can i get more 3D shapes for Auto shapes in excel?
Please suggest how i can get more shapes (simple as well as 3D ) in Auto Shapes of drawing toolbar in excel & word? ...

Export Excel file to SQL
I'm currently doing a project where it require client to export excel spreadsheets to SQL. the application that is using the excel spreadsheet exported is a web-based application. Is it possible to do that? Any suggestion or recommendation is greatly appreciated. thank you Go to Enterprise Manager. Browse to your database in the left pane (object browser). Right click your database. All Tasks --> Import Data. Next. Set your datasource to Microsoft Excel 97-2000 or whichever Excel version you have. Click the ... button next to the File Name text box and browse to your Excel sheet. M...

Excell Cells: Auto Formatting
I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row and it wont extend. What can I do? When protecting the sheet allow users to format cells and rows. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:14:01 -0800, Sophie <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit >information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row > and it wont extend. What can I do? How do I jus...

How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003
How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help menu and I cannot figure it out. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lenny" <Lenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F05DEA1-E264-4760-9DDE-3C97319AA1D4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help > menu and I cannot figure it out. ...

Watermark in excel 2000
Hi I'm trying to insert a watermark from a jpg file. The probem is the watermark always stays on top and cover the text, no matter I use the "send to back" button on or the item. TIA /Per Hi maybe the following sites will help you: http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip And for Excel 2002+: http://cpap.com.br/orlando >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I'm trying to insert a watermark from a jpg file. >The probem is the watermark always stays on top and cover the text, no >matter I use the "send ...

Viewing Outlook 2007 calendar in a "stacked" view?
I used to be able to view my Outlook 2003 calendar in a "stacked" weekly view, so rather than the vertical columns in 2007, I was able to see my week as (imagine boxes around each day with the appointments listed underneath): Monday Thursday Tuesday Friday Wednesday Sat/Sun I can't seem to find this view now and I'm wondering if it's even an option? Or do I just have to get used to 2007's vertical columns? That view is gone in 2007 Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au Ou...

Maximum value to use autofiler feature in excel
Hi, does anybody know the maximum value to use autofilter in ms excel? I heard my friend told me that excel could filter only select data is less than 1000. He told me that he has 4000 row and use autofilter, an expected record is more than a thousand but the record display only 1000 maximum. I want to test like him too but I don't have any file that contain alot many thousand of record. Does anybody have any idea? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roath Kanel" <012633023@mobitel.com.kh> schrie...

Excel 2000 #38
Hi - I use Excel 2000 and wish to display negative number, accounting and currency values in parentheses. However in the Format Cell function in Excel there is no option to use parentheses. The only option is to use the -ve symbol or to display the value in red. How do I display the value in parentheses. -- Mike from Australia Hi Mike Try Format>Cells>Number>Custom $#,##0.00;[Red]($#,##0.00) Regards Roger Govier Mike wrote: > Hi - I use Excel 2000 and wish to display negative number, accounting and > currency values in parentheses. However in the Format Cell functio...

Excel 2003 ODBC Add-in
Where can I download Excel 2003 ODBC Add-In from ? Hi MS no longer delivers this addin with Excel 2003. But check out: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sqlrequest.html http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/xlodbc.aspx -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel2003User" <Excel2003User@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:687E3600-63A2-414E-A7B8-5366BE386667@microsoft.com... > Where can I download Excel 2003 ODBC Add-In from ? ...

DDE link error Excel freezes
Hi, I am using Excel 2003 and in one sheet I have a DDE link from anothe program. When I open the sheet I get a question wether I want to updat the fields or not. When I click YES the sheet normally opens and I ca view the data. But sometimes it seems like Excel freezes and I have t wait 3-5 minutes until it resumes. Anyone that has any idea why? The source program is always started first by the way. Kennet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How get rid of Office Discussion Groups on far left of screen
When I come to this discussion group there is a grey area on the left of my screen that lists the Office Discussion Groups. I would guess there is a way to close this or get it off screen but if there is, I can't find it. It is taking up a significant amout of screen realty. Woody wrote: >When I come to this discussion group there is a grey area on the left of my >screen that lists the Office Discussion Groups. > >I would guess there is a way to close this or get it off screen but if there >is, I can't find it. It is taking up a significant amout of screen...