Numpty MS Query Install Question

Hi all

How do I know whether MS Query is installed on my PC?
Office Pro 2003 on XPSP2

TI

0
phil9909 (36)

I dunno about 2003, but in older versions, just do Data > GetExternalData >
CreateNewQuery, and if you get dialog boxes to follow instead of a message
that you need to install MSQuery, then you got it.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"TheScullster" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> How do I know whether MS Query is installed on my PC?
> Office Pro 2003 on XPSP2
>
> TI

0
CLR (807)
5/10/2006 4:28:03 PM
"CLR" wrote
>I dunno about 2003, but in older versions, just do Data > GetExternalData >
> CreateNewQuery, and if you get dialog boxes to follow instead of a message
> that you need to install MSQuery, then you got it.........

Thanks CLR
Doesn't install by default - had to "Insert CD".

Just needed to know how to call this feature!

Sorted

Phil

0
phil9909 (36)
5/11/2006 9:10:42 AM
Happy to help....just went through the same thing at work .......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"TheScullster" <phil@dropthespam.com> wrote in message

> "CLR" wrote
> >I dunno about 2003, but in older versions, just do Data > GetExternalData
>
> > CreateNewQuery, and if you get dialog boxes to follow instead of a
message
> > that you need to install MSQuery, then you got it.........
> >
> Thanks CLR
> Doesn't install by default - had to "Insert CD".
>
> Just needed to know how to call this feature!
>
> Sorted
>
> Phil

0
croberts (1377)

install microsoft money standard 2006 -- mnymetal.dll error
installing with either a disk or online trial offer I get an error message unable to load: mnymetal.dll error code: 0x00000485 any suggestions? What do you mean by disk - you have it on CD ? DO you have an old version of Money on there ? If so installing to same folder? Make a different one. "jer" <jer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C314D0C-8715-46E3-A6E7-70D9E0DBB0BA@microsoft.com... > installing with either a disk or online trial offer I get an error > message > unable to load: mnymetal.dll error code: 0x00000485 > any suggestions? B...

Remove GUID from MS CRM 1.2
Is there a way to remove the GUID from MS CRM 1.2 e-mails? Please explain how... Thanks, Doros No answer yet... For 1.0 version there is a special patch from Microsoft that removes the identification from e-mail's subject. Also there is way to do it manually in registry. Any ideas for 1.2? Can you describe the manual way? (even for 1.0 version) Please help, cause it's quite urgent! Thanks, Doros "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message news:etYhZv0wDHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the GUID from MS CRM ...

Stock Quote format Question.
I purchased a Preferred Bond Hybrid. The Stock symbol that works @ the Schwab web site is USB+I and USBpI works using StreetSmartPro (Schwab's online trading program). However, I can't seem to find the secret combination for whomever supplies Money with online quotes. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Ken wrote: >I purchased a Preferred Bond Hybrid. The Stock symbol that works @ the >Schwab web site is USB+I and USBpI works using StreetSmartPro (Schwab's >online trading program). However, I can't seem to find the se...

Question #2
Is there a way to use the sumif function in regards to a cell's format? For example, I want to sum all cells that are filled in red. Hi Tom! Try a visit to Chip Pearson's site for this issue: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Here's an extract that covers what you want: Start Extract>> The following function will return the sum of cells in a range that have either an Interior (background) or Font of a specified color. InRange is the range of cells to examine, WhatColorIndex is the ColorIndex value to count, and OfText indicates whether to return ...

CSocket Question
Hello all. I'm creating a basic chat application using MFC and wish to know how to setup my application. My question is on whether i should have two CMySocket, which is derived from CSocket, or just the one. Also I want my Server/Client application to be able to both receive and send data at any time. I have made the following function calls 1. CMySocket * m_pSocket = new CMySocket; 2. m_pSocket->Create() 3. m_pSocket->Listen() // ready to accept incoming transmissions .... then in a separate handler i make the following function calls 4. m_pSocket->Create() 5. m_pSocket-&...

Project Accounting install v7 screws up existing companies!
It appears as though installing the Project Accounting tables in a new company screws up the "PA Users Master" (PA01501) and the "PA Users Class Master" (PA40401) by dropping and recreating them. Where in h*ll does it say it does this? How are you supposed to install PA to a new company without screwing up existing companies? The Project Accounting manual says that the PA Initialize Company utility resets settings for users in the PA User classes. I don't remember where I read about classes, but I read somewhere that you should not use the default PA user cla...

Error on using MS Access 2003
Hi, in my office, there is a backend database to store our data and a frontend database contains queries, tables, forms, macros and VB scripts that let the users use about 6 applications involving filter data, print documents, create or edit record, etc. However, in recently, the Access is down from one day to couple of days. The error can be divide into two types, some users can partially use the applications; some users cannot open the Access database template; and some users can work normally. There are about 30-40 users to use this Access Tempate (frontend) application and this i...

SMTP/site connector questions
I am close to finishing my migration from Ex5.5 to Ex2003 but I ran into a couple of things that I am not sure about. I have tried endlessly to find confident information about my issues. Hopefully one of you guys or girls can point me in the right direction. 1. With our old 5.5 server in the Internet mail service connector on the Routing tab we have some domains configures like for example: xyz.net route to inbound or abc.com route to 123.123.123.123 My problem is I’m not sure where to put that on the new Ex2003 bridgehead servers. Do I need to make an SMTP connector or use the Virtua...

MSOffice 2010 Beta stops installing at Step 4/4 with error messag
I received an invitation from Microsoft to download Beta version of Office 2010. I am unable to complete set up. the installation stops after showing step4/4 with an error message "there was a problemsetting up Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 (Beta). etc". I have tried saving the download and then executing. I have tried running the download from the Web download page, I have tried re-downloading. All with the same result. Is it possible for me to install the program? ...

AVERAGE question #2
In Column B I have numbers entered on a daily basis. I would like to see the weekly average of those numbers in column D. Thanks in advance, Dave Horne In Column D enter: =AVERAGE(B1:B7) =AVERAGE(B8:B14) =AVERAGE(B15:B21) and continue down as far as you need. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k "Dave Horne" wrote: > In Column B I have numbers entered on a daily basis. I would like to see > the weekly average of those numbers in column D. > > Thanks in advance, Dave Horne > > > Hi Dave, You need to post a lot more information. Is it one num...

Re-installing Ex2003? Or uninstall first?
As some of you may have been following, I have broken OWA on my front-end server. I'd like to just re-install Ex2003, and (hopefully) that should just fix it. But I can't take any chances with screwing up the back-end server, and taking down the corporate email. So my question .... Can I just run the installation again from the Ex2003 CD; re-apply Sp2; re-apply all later patches from Windows Update? All without screwing up the other, functioning server? This front-end server has no IS on it; following hardening procedures, I had dismounted the info Store and deleted it. Dunno if tha...

GPS 8.0 Standard Questions
Q1:- Even though you had installed Integration Manager and I seem to be able to open it without a problem and registered the key, whenever I try to "give access" to this module thru user class, it all comes back "no" when I run the reports for access. Security Type: Files Resource Name Access Alias Account Master No No Account Rollup Inquiries ...

Does Access 2007 corrupt 2000 database queries?
I have a database that I made a small edit to last night on my Vista machine running access 2007. The database is on a network shared drive (not ntfs). The query still opens fine on access 2007, but on my XP machine running office 2000, when I open or try to edit the query, Access 2000 just closes with no error message at all. There is also no entry made in the application event log. When I attach my debugger, Visual Studio reports an unhandled exception at 0x1b018900 in MSACCESS.EXE Access violation writing 0x00040ffc So, clearly the file's not working somehow. So, two questions...

Exchange 2K Question.
POP3 account working all good. Today, user cannot login. Looking at System Manager, the user name has a RED X over the mailbox icon and the "Last Logged in" column indicates a SID, not his name. Any ideas??? TX Wiley... Was the user deleted? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Microsoft" <rgutery@mentorits.com> wrote in message news:%23cGR6HZrFHA.3016@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > POP3 account working all good. Today, user cannot login. Looking at System > Manager, the user name has a RED X over the ma...

Windows Installer loads every time I open an Office 2007 appication
Hi all, I'm facing the following problem: when I open an Office 2007 application the windows installer loads every time... is not going to give me any error, but it's something annoying... does anyone has any solution??? thanks Vit >Hi all, >I'm facing the following problem: >when I open an Office 2007 application the windows installer loads >every time... is >not going to give me any error, but it's something annoying... does >anyone has any solution??? >thanks >Vit Are you running the apps as a restricted user? Often, you have to ...

Month and Days question
Hi This is my 'small' query If: - A1=22/8/2004 B1=31/12/2004 How can I display C1 as "4 months and 9 days" TIA On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 03:59:04 -0800, "Anthony Slater" <AnthonySlater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >This is my 'small' query >If: - > > >A1=22/8/2004 >B1=31/12/2004 > >How can I display C1 as "4 months and 9 days" > >TIA =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"m")&" months and " & DATEDIF(A1,B1,"md") & " days" See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.h...

National Language
I'm looking through the National Language Support documentation but don't think what I need can be done automatically. Let me explain : On our engineering drawings there are often several sectional views and these are labelled A-A, B-B etc. So in our code which automatically generates these sectional views there is a starting dialog which has a box for the section label ("A" in this case) and the code increments the next character until "Z" and wraps round to "A" again. (Highly unlikely that there will be more than 26 sections on one drawing but t...

"Installation source for MS Office not available"
I have: XP Pro/SP1 Office 2000 SR-1 Professional I have got some problems with Excel. When I click an XLS file I get a message flash up and then vanish which says "Preparing To Install" and then nothing else happens. I can launch Excel by running the EXE direct. I still get the message "Preparing To Install" but then Excel appears. MS Word is ok. I decided to do a repair installation. I put my original CD in the CD drive and clicked Add/Remove Programs > MS Office > Change. I get a message saying: "The installation source for this ...

Problem When Sorting Query
I have a query that runs fine without sorting, but when I try to sort it, it just runs and runs. It is a query of a subquery. Here is the subquery (named qryC3NotesNotUsedPt1): SELECT tblEmployees.LastName, tblEmployees.FirstName, tblEmployees.CMSID, tblC3Notes.HotKey FROM tblC3Notes, tblEmployees ORDER BY tblEmployees.LastName, tblC3Notes.HotKey; tblEmployees is a linked table Here is the query that uses the subquery above: SELECT [qryC3NotesNotUsedPt1].[LastName] & ", " & [qryC3NotesNotUsedPt1].[FirstName] AS [User Name], qryC3NotesNotUsedPt1.HotKey F...

MS POS] help: payment methods NOT tender menu.
I'm running the 30 day demo of MS POS2.0 and i made some additional payment methods but these additions are not brought up in the tender menu. Only the default payment methods are visible. What went wrong? Have you run a z-report since creating the new tenders? I have no idea if that is going to help in MSPOS, but it would be required in MSRMS... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the ...

Exchange 2003 Database Size Question #2
Dear all, Is there a way to determine the actual storage space used by the Exchange 2003 database? I am asking this because the physical file size is not an indicator as this is the high watermark size, meaning that it does not shrink even users have deleted and purge their email. Thanks. Regards, Kueh. "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote: >Is there a way to determine the actual storage space used by the Exchange >2003 database? I am asking this because the physical file size is not an >indicator as this is the high watermark size, meaning that it does not ...

How do Installation Codes and Product IDs relate to each other?
I have recently taken an IS role in a small company, and am attempting to establish a baseline of all software assets. On one hand I have a box of Office v.X disks. They have CD Key printed on the box for installation (e.g. Q3JY9-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-35F7Y) On the other hand, I have a building full of machines with Office installed on them. "About Office" shows you the product ID code (e.g. 55988-xxx-xxxxxxx-12281). So how can I relate the two? i.e. how can I work out which Cd Key was used on which machine? Thanks for any assistance! Cheers, Juz Fairly positive that for Office X th...

Why does Install need Domain Admin password?
I need to understand why the Installer needs the Domain Admin Password, so I can persuade the Sys Admins to do the installation of a test server for CRM. TIA Roland It does not need "the" Domain Admin password, if you mean the password of the original Administrator account in the domain What installation needs is a user account that is a member of the Domain Admins group. For various reasons including that installation creates new OUs and security groups in Active Directory. Hope this helps Peter Lynch "Roland Kamsika" <roland.kamsika@xansa.com> wrote in mess...

CRM client for Outlook
Does anyone know the proper way to customize clients installation so avoid initial synchronization (which just kills Outlook in my environment). I have 3-4 registry changes recommended by MS that I want to include in this package. Thaks! ...

MAtch Question
Is there a way to match a word in a cell with other words? Example A1 = Ford Probe, B1 = Ford Escort, C1 = VW Bug A4 match the word probe. Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. What is your expected result in cell A4? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lee" <allexandi9@mchsi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:36C1399C-5EB8-4135-AB94-5F06A0719702@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to match a word in a cell with other words? Example A1 = Ford Probe, B1 = Ford Escort, C1 = VW Bug A4 match the word probe. What i would like to see is Ford Probe in cell A4. ...