not sure if I'm using the correct formula for the result I want?

I'm trying to calculate a 'low net' score. A persons 'actual score' minus
'their handicap' = 'low net' score.

I have this worksheet setup like this;

A4:A23 = list of names
Columns B-U have the weekly calculated low net scores
B4:U23 = the calculated 'low net' scores using this formula
=SUM(Scorecard!B4-Scorecard!Y4); (this is for player one)
  Scorecard!B4 is player one's first week 'actual score', Scorecard!Y4 is
player one's calculated 'handicap'.

In Row B25:U25 I have this formula {=MIN(IF(B$4:B$23>0,B$4:B$23))}, to pull
the lowest score of all persons for that week.

My problem is this;
I'm getting the #DIV/0 error and I don't know how to get around that because
we do have occational zero's "0" for scores when people don't show up. The
error is coming from my "handicap" formula
=((SUM(B4:C4)/COUNTIF(B4:C4,">0"))-36)*0.8

I have two bits of data to work around;
How can I write a formula to work above zero AND ignore the #DIV/0 cells?
I'm referring to B25:U25 formula.

Thanks,
Brad

0
brad4668 (5)

Try replacing your handicap formula with:

=IF(COUNTIF(B4:C4,">0"),((SUM(B4:C4)/COUNTIF(B4:C4,">0"))-36)*0.8,0)

to avoid the #DIV/0 error...and get a 0 instead.

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.
NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=107430

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

wanted to design a 4 sided A5 leaflet.
Are there any templates available to download? There are pre-designed leaflets within Publisher. You might think about 4-sided... Do you mean a booklet fold? There are templates here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mystic" <Mystic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C3F9CB-5AA9-4B17-9E8E-1E5DD93227CD@microsoft.com... > Are there any templates available to download? ...

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Need to add to current formula

Using INDIRECT within functions

Problem displaying expected results with CString
I am writing a MFC program to import data from a single table database into a normalized database with numerous tables. The first component opens a recordset object to the database and performs some basic tests on the field value, and the plan is to write the records out to a spreadsheet that fail to meet any of the criteria defined for the field. Along with writing out the record, I want to populate a comments field describing what failed. I have tried to implement this with a CString variable; I initialize it to a blank string each time a new record is examined, and then as each field is che...

Formula Problem?
I am using Excel 2000 with Windows XP. I am having a problem. I am on Sheet 2 of my workbook. I have SSN on a sheet named Employees in the same workbook. I need to take the numbers on the Employees Sheet and transfer it to the sheet 2. I know how to do this. It just won't work. This is a copy of my formula. =SUM(Employees!C3) This should take the SSN that is in the C3 cell on the employees sheet and place it at the cell where the formula is typed. When I put this formula in the cell I am getting just a "0". Please help. =Employees!C3 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten...

formula auditing/macro
Can anyone give me the sytax to goto - special - precedents so I can create a macro so I can assign to a hotkey and dont have to go through 4 steps ? Thanks, Yosef With A1=1 and D2=2*A1, and D1 as active cell: I recorded a macro for these steps: Edit|GoTo->Special->Precedence And the macro contained just one line: Selection.DirectPrecedents.Select best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ynissel" <ynissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA544BDE-3717-4953-A5E3-06191BC28373@microsoft.com... > Can anyone...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

How to use count for calls per hour

Anyone use Promys CRM software integrated with GP Dynamics?
Our company is considering using Promys as a CRM to create quotes and sales orders for the sales team. I am concerned about the integration with GP and what the pitfalls may be. Is anyone here currently using Promys with GP Dynamics? ...

Help with percent formula beginner
Hi, have a cell (A1) with $39.99. I want a cell (B1) were I can vary 10%, 20% etc and have that effect (A1). So If I put in 10% A1 would be $36.00 (percent decrease). Can you please help me out with the formula? Also it seems like if I type in % in a cell and I delete it and type another number and I don't want a % in there it gives it to me anyway. Can I make this stop? Thanks so much Ted Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("B1")) Is Nothing Then Wi...