No Save as

When trying to save a file in excel 2003 only save as web page is shown no
save or save as
0
I (7)

Do you not see this options when you click on File in the menu bar ?

Is the F12 key working to get the SaveAs dialog

You can try to reset the menu bar
View>Toolbars...Customize
Select worksheet menubar and press on the Reset button

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Kev I" <Kev I@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8704196C-C242-4FA6-B201-DEB5F6DAB6DE@microsoft.com...
> When trying to save a file in excel 2003 only save as web page is shown no
> save or save as
0
rondebruin (3790)
9/11/2008 7:26:32 PM
Thanks for the reply will try this when I get back to work on Mon.

0
KevI (1)

How to set excel to prompt to save before closing file?
Excel has stopped prompting to save the save before closing a changed file? I can't find how to reset so that it prompts to save the file? There is no workbook setting that I know of to stop a save prompt. The only way I know of to achieve this is by a macro that uses the Before_Close event. You wouldn't have created such a macro by error. I did find two articles discussing unusual circumstances where you might not get a prompt. I have no other ideas. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176700 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213513...

why do I get a message that says save a copy or overwrite changes
When I try and save a workbook, I get a message that says save a copy or overwrite changes. Why am I getting this message? Did you click File|SaveAs instead of File|Save? Jennifer wrote: > > When I try and save a workbook, I get a message that says save a copy or > overwrite changes. Why am I getting this message? -- Dave Peterson ...

Excell keeps closing when I try to save a workbook. Any ideas!
I am using Excell in Office 2007. Every time I try to save my workbook the program shuts down. It's also happening in Word. I've put my Office disc and ran the repair, however it is still crashing. ...

Password is not saved by Outlook
Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password under account properties. I check the 'save password' box and enter the password, but it does not get saved. To my knowledge, I have no application running that disables autocompletion of passwords. I recently switched over form Outlook Express 2000 where I was having no such problems. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated. Thanks. Dave wrote: > Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password > under account properties. I check the 'save password' box > and enter the password, but it does...

Can I save and email a merged schedule
I've been able to merge the schedules but I've been unable to send the consolidated file via email. What am I doing wrong? Remove the links and e-mail it. Doubleclick on the inserted projects, go to the Advanced Tab, and deselect the option to link to a file. That will embed the inserted project into the master. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I've been able to merge the schedules but I've been unable to send the > consolidated file via email. What am I doing wrong? > ...

Saving as Read Only?
Is there a way to save a Excel File as Read Only. I renamed the fil then selected the file in windows explorer and checked the box labele read only. But when I re-open the file it isn't read only. What am doing wrong? or Can this be done -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27736 Db1712 When saving select 'Tools' from the 'save as' dialog, select general options and fr...

exporting/saving recent files list
I'm getting a new computer. Is there a way to save the "recent files" list that is available in each of my Office programs? (Does anyone know where Office saves these shortcuts?) http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/bd58b46fe9c11ef9/853766524964c427?lnk=gst&q=recently+opened#853766524964c427 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "vabki" wrote: > I'm getting a new computer. Is there a way to save the "recent files" list > that is available in each of my Office programs? (Do...

Temp files saving in word & alphabetical filing
Hi, sorry if this has already been posted but i'm not sure how to use this! Recently, when saving files in Word, it's also saving a 'ghosted out' temp file. If i delete it, it deletes the original copy as well. Can anyone tell me why this has just started happening and how i stop it please. Also, again recently, in my word folders, my files will not save in alphabetical nor numerical order anymore. However, when my colleagues go into the same folders, they don't have any saved temp files and everything is nicely filed in order. I would really appreciate any he...

Excel 2007 "Document not Saved" to Network Share 2003
When opening a document from a Shared network drive (MS Windows 2003 Server) with Excel 2007, The document opens. after making a change I get the compatability message and continue at which point the message "document not saved" pops up. This link did not help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/271513/ Does Excel 2007 have a problem? I'm having the same issue on a couple of XP machines with Office '07 installed. I've read several articles that say to remove update KB980232. I removed this update but still no luck. I think a few more updates need to be...

How to save settings for my printer to print doublesided from exce
When I print doubled sided in word everything goes fine but whenever I try to print doublesided from excel and I go for advanced on my printer and check the boxes for it and then klick ok - after that I go in there to check that it's ok and then all my settings are gone.. Why and how can I change this so that I can print double sides in excel aswell? ...

VBA Code to Save Excel Sheet to XML
I'm working on a project that uses VBA to send data to Excel from Access. The spreadsheet has a number of tabs with charts that reflect the data. At the end of the Access code, the spreadsheet is saved to a specific folder. The next step would be to create an XML file for the contents of the "Data" tab. When I create the XML file manually from Excel, I get the xml list which is <20k. When I try to save the Excel file as xml, using VBA in Access, I get a file that is >300k and contains the whole spreadsheet. Can someone show me, or lead me, to VBA code that ...

Saving Word attachment
I cannot save an open attached Word document in Outlook. The top bar flashes and I have to press control+Alt+delete to turn it off. The only way I can save it is to open Word program outside of Outlook, and then go to outlook, and then save the attached Word document. What's wrong? I can save all other Office documents...excel, powerpoint with no problem. How can I fix the problem? ...

Help
Hi- I am trying to use the "save as" command to save my Publisher 2002 file as an image file (I've tried jpg, tif, gif and bmp) which will be acceptable to an advertisement firm. Unfortunately, they cannot accept MS Publisher files, so I must save it as an image. I have two problems/questions that may actually be the same underlying problem.The first is that when I save the file as one of the image files above, it heavily distorts/blurs some of the fonts to the point that it is unusable. Curiously, in some places the fonts convert fine whereas in other parts of the document the ...

Send and save a message in folders
Is it possible to send and save a message in a folder like it is with Lotus Notes? A simple function asking in which folder I would to save my send mail. I would like to save all messages to one adress in one folder. Anders, As far as i know Exchange doesn't have a function like that. In outlook you can creat a rule that stores sent messages to specific custom made folders in Outlook Rgds, Jelle There's no setting to ask on sending but you can have rules move sent messages based on criteria "anders bitzer" <andersbitzer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

How do I set up a template to save time typing names
I have to send a lot of e-mails to the same people, and always more than one person. How do I set up a template so that I don't have to keep typing who it is to and who I am 'Cc' to? traceyella <traceyella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have to send a lot of e-mails to the same people, and always more > than one person. How do I set up a template so that I don't have to > keep typing who it is to and who I am 'Cc' to? Create your message, but instead of sending it, save it as an OFT. WHen you want to send it, forward it from your Drafts fold...

I cannot save .xls file open over the network (from shared folder)
Hi, I cannot save .xls file opened with Excel 2007 over the network (from shared folder). When I want to save the file, it says it cannot be saved because is in use. If I do the same with Excel 2003 works fine. Any suggestions ? Thank you, Dan Nagy ...

Auto save / data recovery
My pc has crashed without me having saved my flowchart, does Visio have an auto save function and is there any way I can recover my data. Regards Rob Under Tools \ Options \ Save, there is Autosave available but it is not turned on by default -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rob Stevenson" <rob.stevenson@prestigemedical.co.uk> wrote in message news:0a4101c36c8c$767a3e90$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My pc has crashed without me having saved my flowchart, > does Visio have an auto save function and is ...

How do I save a picture from word into my pictures?
I have recently installed Office 2007. I am unable to copy and paste a picture from word 2003 onto publisher 2007. So I tried to save the picture into my pics and then insert but I can't do that either. Please help. Unique wrote: > I have recently installed Office 2007. I am unable to copy and paste > a picture from word 2003 onto publisher 2007. So I tried to save the > picture into my pics and then insert but I can't do that either. > Please help. ============================ Maybe the following links will help: (555171) WD: How To Extract Embedded Im...

saving CDC output to a JPEG file
Hi, Made an application which draws line, circle. I want the output that is drawn on CView ondraw to be saved as JPEG image. How do I do that ? Do we have a COM interface or MFC api which takes a device context and instead of rendering the output to screen, the output is done in form of a JPEG image ? Thanks On 30 oct, 11:05, Kuenga <sagku...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Made an application which draws line, circle. I want the output that > is drawn on CView ondraw to be saved as JPEG image. > How do I do that ? Do we have a COM interface or MFC api which takes a > d...

MM 2005
I'm a long time Quicken user and have just gotten a copy of Microsoft Money Premium 2005. I'm tinkering with the idea of switching to Money but am having a hard time finding some options that I've become quite accustomed to. First, I'm wondering if there is a way to exclude minimum balances from showing in the register. Example, checking account has a $5,000 in it with a $2,000 minimum balance. I'd like the register to show a $3,000 current balance. Second, is there a savings goal feature similar to that found in Intuit's Quicken? Third, I see that one can ...

saving the same file in different places at a time
hi, i have an excel file in one system when i update this file, is it possible some range of cells in this file to be saved in the different system also how do i give a link to the other file? appreciate, if anyone could help Sounds like you want to paste a link so that the cell will update every time the other cell gets new info... To do this, say you want to link cell A1 to cell A7...click on cell A7 and click copy...Go to cell A1 and click paste...Then (if you have Excel 2003), click on Edit/Paste Special/Paste Link and you now have youe link...The "Paste Link" Button ...

Saving and emailing Excel Worksheets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am a rookie. What format do I save excel (for mac 2008) worksheets in to email them to pc users to allow them to view my work? I hope this question makes sense and my computer naivete isn't so transparent. ...

Automatic Files Saves
In previous versions of Excel it was possible to setup periodic automatic saves that would prompt the user to save. I am not looking for the auto-recovery save. Is there an add-in or update that can be installed to do the same thing in Version 2002. ...

I saved the wrong file over my excell spreadsheet. Can I recover.
saved an older version of a file over a newer file of the same name...and now I cannot recover the work I have overwriiten. Is there any hope of recovering the earlier overwritten data? Do you have backups (do your IT people back up servers--if you stored on a server)? Did you email it to anyone who could return it? Any chance you have an earlier version in your recycle bin? sheehan wrote: > > saved an older version of a file over a newer file of the same name...and > now I cannot recover the work I have overwriiten. Is there any hope of > recovering the earlier overwr...

Saving to HTM
Hi I have a spreadsheet that contains a picture that I have copied and pasted into it. When I "save as" to HTM the image appears in the htm file, but if I protect the spreadsheet first (which I need to do), then save as an htm the image disappears. Is there any way to have protection and keep the image? Cheers, Ty. ...