No entire view in edited shift dropdown list Nursing Schedule Exc

I am using the Nursing Scheduling template for a Dr Emergency room Schedule.
I had to change both the department and shift list dropdowns on the data
sheet. All 12 of  department list edits work fine on the Schedule page. Five
(the bottom 5) of the 12 edited shift  do not show on the Schedule sheet but
do when I check them on the data sheet. I have tried everything!!!

Please help!

I'm not sure I understand your problem correctly so this is a guess:
If you added items to your data list (instead of originally having 7
you now have 12) did you expand the range associated to that data in
your drop down list?  Maybe the drop down list is reading the original
7 cell range but needs to be told to read the expanded 12 cell range?

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9848

Thank you so much for your reply.

You are correct. How do I "tell" the list to expand to 12? I tried
validation but that didn't work and the neither did changes in properties.

Why does the dropdown appear correct on the data page and not on the
schedule. Is there a field drag and drop method similar to Access when you
make a changes in the table parameters?

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you again!

"Cutter" wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand your problem correctly so this is a guess:
> If you added items to your data list (instead of originally having 7
> you now have 12) did you expand the range associated to that data in
> your drop down list?  Maybe the drop down list is reading the original
> 7 cell range but needs to be told to read the expanded 12 cell range?
>

> --
> Cutter
> Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9848
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531177

what sort of drop down box do you have?
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"nanmacarb55" wrote:

> Thank you so much for your reply.
>
> You are correct. How do I "tell" the list to expand to 12? I tried
> validation but that didn't work and the neither did changes in properties.
>
> Why does the dropdown appear correct on the data page and not on the
> schedule. Is there a field drag and drop method similar to Access when you
> make a changes in the table parameters?
>
> Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you again!
>
> "Cutter" wrote:
>

> > I'm not sure I understand your problem correctly so this is a guess:
> > If you added items to your data list (instead of originally having 7
> > you now have 12) did you expand the range associated to that data in
> > your drop down list?  Maybe the drop down list is reading the original
> > 7 cell range but needs to be told to read the expanded 12 cell range?
> >

> > --
> > Cutter
> > Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9848
> > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531177

The dropdown is a list box. If you look at Microsoft's Nursing Scheduling
template on the data sheet, it's the shift column.  I can add to on that
sheet, but then when it's viewed on the shedule only 7 of the 12 show.

"paul" wrote:

> what sort of drop down box do you have?
> --
> paul
> remove nospam for email addy!
>

> "nanmacarb55" wrote:
>
> > Thank you so much for your reply.
> >
> > You are correct. How do I "tell" the list to expand to 12? I tried
> > validation but that didn't work and the neither did changes in properties.
> >
> > Why does the dropdown appear correct on the data page and not on the
> > schedule. Is there a field drag and drop method similar to Access when you
> > make a changes in the table parameters?
> >
> > Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you again!
> >
> > "Cutter" wrote:
> >

> > > I'm not sure I understand your problem correctly so this is a guess:
> > > If you added items to your data list (instead of originally having 7
> > > you now have 12) did you expand the range associated to that data in
> > > your drop down list?  Maybe the drop down list is reading the original
> > > 7 cell range but needs to be told to read the expanded 12 cell range?
> > >

> > > --
> > > Cutter
> > > Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9848
> > > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531177

Since you didn't provide a link for me to find the template I'll have to
guess at a solution:

Try right clicking on the list box and see if you get a "Format
Control" option.
If so, click on it and then choose the "Control" tab in the resulting
window.
You should see on the top line the range currently being referenced.
Left click within that line to edit it and type in your new range

Failing that method you could try going to your data list containing
your 12 items and select 5 cells starting with the 2nd one.  Now click
on the Insert command in the main menu and choose "Cells".  Then select
"Shift cells down"

BUT MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T AFFECT DATA BELOW THE LIST BEFORE DOING THIS

Now use those inserted cells to expand your list and delete the data in
the 5 extra cells you'll now have at the bottom.

The control should automatically adjust its range to the 12 cells

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9848
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531177

Thank you Cutter,

I'll try this now. The 2003 Excel template Nursing Scheduling I used is
actually one I downloaded through my program when I queried scheduling
through Microsoft online, so I don't have an actual link.

I'll let you know if this works. Thank you for your help.

"Cutter" wrote:

> Since you didn't provide a link for me to find the template I'll have to
> guess at a solution:
>
> Try right clicking on the list box and see if you get a "Format
> Control" option.
> If so, click on it and then choose the "Control" tab in the resulting
> window.
> You should see on the top line the range currently being referenced.
> Left click within that line to edit it and type in your new range
>
> Failing that method you could try going to your data list containing
> your 12 items and select 5 cells starting with the 2nd one.  Now click
> on the Insert command in the main menu and choose "Cells".  Then select
> "Shift cells down"
>
> BUT MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T AFFECT DATA BELOW THE LIST BEFORE DOING THIS
>
> Now use those inserted cells to expand your list and delete the data in
> the 5 extra cells you'll now have at the bottom.
>
> The control should automatically adjust its range to the 12 cells
>

> --
> Cutter
> Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9848
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531177

I just now tried your second suggestion and it worked perfectly.

Thank you so much!!!!

"Cutter" wrote:

> Since you didn't provide a link for me to find the template I'll have to
> guess at a solution:
>
> Try right clicking on the list box and see if you get a "Format
> Control" option.
> If so, click on it and then choose the "Control" tab in the resulting
> window.
> You should see on the top line the range currently being referenced.
> Left click within that line to edit it and type in your new range
>
> Failing that method you could try going to your data list containing
> your 12 items and select 5 cells starting with the 2nd one.  Now click
> on the Insert command in the main menu and choose "Cells".  Then select
> "Shift cells down"
>
> BUT MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T AFFECT DATA BELOW THE LIST BEFORE DOING THIS
>
> Now use those inserted cells to expand your list and delete the data in
> the 5 extra cells you'll now have at the bottom.
>
> The control should automatically adjust its range to the 12 cells
>

> --
> Cutter
> Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9848
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531177

You're very welcome.  Always glad to help.

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9848
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531177

Edit the messages displayed for a custom entity
I've looked all over the CRM groups for any reference to this, but apparently nobody has attempted this yet (or I'm an idiot for not figuring it out on my own). On the standard entities, you can go in and edit the messages displayed on all of the menus for that entity. However, this option does not appear for custom entities. Does this mean I cannot edit the menu text for anything that I create custom? I haven't yet looked into trying to hack the XML... I just want to change "Deactivate <entity>" to "Close <entity>". ...

Security Settings Changes; Contacts List
I have two problems that I would appreciate help in solving 1. I get the following message when I try to send a new e-mail or reply to an e-mail: "Current security settings prohibit running active X controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." This is annoying. How do I get rid of the message or reset the security setting? 2. When I use the contact look up feature the default address book is for Outlook Address Book rather than Contacts. How do I change the default so that it opens directly with the Contacts? Chuck Humphrey ...

evaluate marketing list members by campaign response
Is there an easy way to evaluate marketing list members by the campaign response they're linked to? P.e.: I have a campaign, with a marketing list attached to it. I already have 3 activities planned to distribute. To activity 1, I attach the full marketing list and distribute the activity. But before I distribute the following activity 2 I would first like to reevaluate the list, and only keep those members that have a registered campaign response with status interested to campaign activity 1. I already looked at the several options to update the marketing list, but there doesn't s...

MRP Workbench Schedule Receipt Date
When using the MRP workbench, if the flag is on in MRP Preference Defaults to move in, the scheduled receipt reflects the MRP suggested date, not the current promise date on the Purchase Order or MO Due Date. The workbench makes the assumption that the exception message has been acted upon. If a Planner\Buyer used the workbench when the Move In flag is on, they will be given information that lets them believe that the component delivery schedule (PO or MO) supports the Forecast\Sales Order Demand, which is not true. The Workbench should have an option to use the PO promise date and the...

window based authentication with members defined in a distribution list. 02-18-10
I want windows based authentication for a particular folder of my web pages. This page should be accessible to only some of the managers and some other roles. I don't want to allow or deny role and persons in web.config. Rather, is it possible that a distribution list created in active directory of the domain and linked with web config? The logins that are there in the distribution list will only be able to view the pages and others will get error.aspx page. In this way, the non-technical higher position persons will also be able to grant and deny access to other membe...

data validation list font size
Can you change the font size of the data validation list as it appears in the drop-down? The font is very small. I increased the font size in the original list, but it does not seem to carry through to the drop-down version. Thanks! The only way I'm aware of to accomplish this is to increase your view percentage. That's it. :( <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com <-*-><-*->...

Hide Recipents
I have setup a public folder distribution list, is there any way, other than a bcc to hide the recipients? Or have it only show that specific person''s email address rather than the entire list? In news:F9643948-BB7A-4BD2-974A-3BE329D2D975@microsoft.com, Daniel Kaliel <DanielKaliel@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have setup a public folder distribution list, is there any way, > other than a bcc to hide the recipients? Or have it only show that > specific person''s email address rather than the entire list? I presume you mean, you have a public conta...

New user mail account doesn't appear in the global address list
I recently added a new user account to our domain. His windows account works fine, logs onto outlook fine and can send/receive mail. His account was created from the same template I use to create all of the accounts for employees in that department, so permissions/groups should all be identical. The issue is that he does not appear in the global address list. Any ideas how to get him there? Make sure you are not logged in Outlook Cached mode, try to do a lookup using OWA and see if you can find the new user. Ali "CervalisAdmin" wrote: > I recently added a new user a...

Is SQLServer 2000 PERSONAL Edition supported ?
Does the MSCRM 3.0 work with SQLServer 2000 PERSONAL Edition ? Thanks, Anand Sagar anandsagar@gmail.com No, you need the full version of SQL. MSDE is not supported. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Sagar" wrote: > Does the MSCRM 3.0 work with SQLServer 2000 PERSONAL Edition ? > > Thanks, > Anand Sagar > anandsagar@gmail.com > > ...

Great Plains needs a Scheduler for Check Links
Check links maintenance should be ran weekly if not monthly. It would be nice if there was a scheduler to set up jobs to run check links after hours. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow...

Backup Schedule for 2003 Domain Controllers
We are a small company with only 2 domain controllers both using Windows 2003 Server Standard. Currently we back them with a full backup on Fridays and incremental backups Mon - Thurs. Since we use Active Directory should we be running a full backup every night? If so what folders/files should be backed up each night or do we just backup the entire C drive? Hello raz4183, The minimum backup you need to restore AD is the system state of a DC. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778772(WS.10).aspx http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216993 The schedule depends on your am...

scheduled appointments appear on weekly calendar do not appear on.
scheduled appointments appear on daily and weekly calendars do not appear on monthly calendar. Always did in past. Could it be windows 7 issue? "gardiapw44" <gardiapw44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1E07907-B07E-4351-8505-B2BF1EFF43A9@microsoft.com... > scheduled appointments appear on daily and weekly calendars do not appear on > monthly calendar. Always did in past. Could it be windows 7 issue? What Outlook version? Do you sync with a handheld? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

I'm having Publisher editing problems
I've upgraded from Publisher 2000 to 2003. When I try to edit any of my previous 2000 documents I'm getting huge delays in the display of the content. I've created many documents using the 2000 version, one of which is a youth calendar containing lots of graphics. I'm still using 2000 and I suspect what you are experiencing is Publisher 2003 converting the 2000 pub file to a 2003 file. Do you get the same delay if you open a 2000 file, save it as a 2003 file, then open the 2003 file to do editing? -- Don Vancouver USA "OfficeBarb" <OfficeBarb@discuss...

Schedule for the next release? CRM 2005 Date? Official?
I came across a tangential post that said the RTM date for CRM 2005 (or CRM 2.0 or whatever it will be called) is October 2005. I would like to see this post produce a trustworthy timeframe. If you have any clear timeframes from Microsoft, please share. (MBS Sales Support just replied to me saying, "Currently it is scheduled for release Calendar Q4 2005" but I want to see what else you all have heard.) That is about as official as it gets. I have heard the target of October which would mean GA sometime in december or January. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------...

How to view Mailbox Rights
Hi guys, I need to query AD to get the "Mailbox rights" from a bunch of users... (i.e. who can connect to their mailboxes in Exchange 2000) Can I do it via LDAP or do you know of a 3rd party tool? Many thanks, J Hi Johnny, This can be done with a tool called MBInfo. It's available from Microsoft PSS. Hope that helps, -------------------- >From: "Johnny Noitargim" <jm@nospamplease.com> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin >Subject: How to view Mailbox Rights >Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:19:11 +0100 >X-Priority: 3 >X-MSMail-Priority:...

valadation list
I have a valadation list set up in Excell 2000. Is it possible to allow the end user to edit one of the choices. In the list I have the choice "OTHER" and I would like them to be able to expand on that. Thanks Chris, Just turn off the error alert (see that tab), and any entry will be accepted, while still offering the drop-down list as an entry aid. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF241454-2B33-4066-A4B3-1E0410BF128F@microsoft.com... >I have a valadation list set up in Excell 2000. Is it possible...

should be able to view more attributes on the item list
I would like to be able to view more options on the item list like the other attributes on the general tab. I need to be able to distinguish between color and size etc. and when going to item lookup, it is hard for me to do that when just looking at the description or lookup #. It would be nice to be able to view any of the colums on the detailed item list and choose the look of it like on the reports (the part where we can pick what fields show up on the report) or just an arrow and the ability to sort the way the columns show up in the box. Right now if I am not sure if I am choosing ...

PINGing a List of Servers Using VBScript
Hi I am trying to write a script which reads a list of servers from a txt document and then PING each server. It reads the file and adds each server, in turn, to a variable. When I try to run an object which incorporates running PING and should PING the variable content (the server name) it fails to be able to read the contents of the variable. How can I get this to work? I have tried all sorts of scenarios, by changing the syntax and even tried to use a Function but get the same results. DO While ObjTS.AtEndOfStream<>True stroutput = objTS.Readline Set ObjExec = Obj...

How do you create a drop down list?
Recently, we changed from Office 2000 to Office 2003. Some where in the change something has moved or is done differently. I am trying to create a drop down list. I have made a vertical list of what I want in the drop down box. I just don't seen to be able to find the ability to create the drop down box and link it to my list. Please help, Aviator try here http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Aviator" <Aviator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41BE8F88-59A1-4176-B378-6DA0046F91EA@microsoft....

folders view columns
so my inbox is : From Subject Received and the sent items is: To Subject Sent and when i create new folders under "Local folders" it gives me the same headers as the inbox. which is ok since i am saving emails sent to me but when i create folders under Sent Items, it doesn't give me that view columns, it gives me inbox view columns. and when i try to change them, it changes all my folders (except Sent Items). so, how do i get the sub folders under Sent Items to be the same view columns as Sent Items and leave the rest alone? TCip Is this Outlook or Outloo...

View posted information on a folder
how do I access a posted file. I posted a note to a folder and can't find it. Not sure what folder I posted it to. Can I do a search for it? How do I know a folder has a posted note? ...

Maintaining the desired zoom/view of a publication
When I open my one page publication I would like it to be "page width" (111% zoom on my computer). I guess it defaults to "whole page" zoom (51%) and I have to change it every time. Thoughts? Thank you! Kathy There is a default zoom add-in here, scroll down... http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins There is always F9. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5442DFD-831E-4E44-849F-EA67F63B430A@microsoft.com... ...

Data Validation with a list that varies in size
I have created a template spreadsheet for a non-technical user On one tab, I have a comparison between Golfer A and Golfer B. On the front tab, there is a list of all the golfers for a particular weekend. I left 24 slots open. However, there is no requirement that all 24 are used. How do I eliminate blank rows from my dropdown list if that dropdown is filled with a Named Range and that range is defined as a column of 24 (potential) name cells. For example, if I have a Range of 24 cells A2:A25 (A1 = "Name") defined as GolferList, but only A2:A11 are filled, I want my dropdown list ...

Hours displayed in scheduling assistant
Is there a way to only see from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. rather that 24 hrs everyday, this would be helpful in calendars also? Can you also hide weekends? Thanks, Karlene ...

Crystal Reports
Has anyone been able to set up an SQL View in Crystal so that one report can contain data from several companies? I need to create a Crystal Report that will give me the AP Open Invoices for all of our companies. I am on Ver. 8 of GP and Ver. 9 of Crystal. Thanks, -GK Dear, You will need to use something look like the following view, replace Company1 with the first company and Company2 with the second company and so on: SELECT Company1.dbo.GL20000.ACTINDX, SUM(Company1.dbo.GL20000.CRDTAMNT) AS Credit, SUM(Company1.dbo.GL20000.DEBITAMT) AS Debit, SUM(Company1.dbo.GL20000.ORC...