No email since set up.Loads before.Reasons why?

Recently reinstalled windows and microsoft office 2003.Generally working
ok,but since microsoft outlook took over from outlook express have received
no email at all.Previously receiving up to twelve a day.Dont want to mess
unnecessarily with system,but need email back.What can I do?

Reva

With Outlook 2003 open go to Tools>E-mail Accounts.

Follow the wizard to set up an account.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:06:02 -0800, Reva Tir. <Reva
Tir.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Recently reinstalled windows and microsoft office 2003.Generally working
>ok,but since microsoft outlook took over from outlook express have received
>no email at all.Previously receiving up to twelve a day.Dont want to mess
>unnecessarily with system,but need email back.What can I do?
0
Gord

Modifying Reply-to and From email address
I am trying to send from one pop email account but have messages show a different "From" and "reply-to" pop address. I have tried changing the email address in the user information field of the account pop3 settings, along with setting the reply address in the general tab. If I look at my sent items the address I want to appear is there, but the recipeint still sees the address of the actual account used to sent he mail, rather than the address I want to appear. Is there a way to do this? Are you using different accounts or just another alias? Your approach is ...

How to reply to an email in a public folder, using a general email address
Hi, I'm working on a support desk which handles incoming enquiries via a public inbox which can be viewed by the whole support team. What I want to be able to do is reply to these messages using a different email address to normal (ie. changing the from address). This is very easy in Outlook Express but I'm not sure how to do this in Outlook 2000. Thanks "Charles" <cwilson@rm.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:099d01c36bbe$041773f0$a601280a@phx.gbl > Hi, > > I'm working on a support desk which handles incoming > enquiries via a public inbox whic...

using a "read receipt" for emails sent through Publisher
I'm using Outlook Express to send my email newsletter. Outlook Express itself has "read receipt" functionality. However, when I attempt to send my message through Publisher, I don't see "read receipt" as an option. Ideas? Michelle "mlemblem" <mlemblem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B015970F-4DDA-4D2B-9C4A-5215E3C84814@microsoft.com... > I'm using Outlook Express to send my email newsletter. Outlook > Express > itself has "read receipt" functionality. However, when I attempt to > se...

importing email from other programs
Is there a simple way to use Outlook to read or work with email in mailboxes created in Eudora (ver. 4)? I had heard mention of "exporting" or "importing" email folders, but have not found commands for that in menus. (Actually, I'd prefer to keep using Eudora but not at the expense of buying it over again every year or being barraged by ads.) On Thu, 27 May 2004 22:29:40 -0700, "David.U" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a simple way to use Outlook to read or work with >email in mailboxes created in Eudora (ver. ...

Saving Toolbar Settings
This is my second post for the same subject. MSOL 2003 running on XP Pro Logged in as admin Open OL2003, arrange toolbars the way I want them, close and when I re-open they seems to revert to some default settings. Does anyonce know how to "save" changed Toolbar settings? Randy Rename Outcmd.dat to .old with Outlook closed. Next time you open Outlook, you can create all of your toolbars, arrange them as you like per folder. Close Outlook and copy the Outcmd.dat file you created when you recustomized the toolbars. Save this in a safe place. Whenever you add customizati...

How do I set end-of-range to #rows from beginning
Specifically, I am creating a chart that will have a breadth (# data points) based on a variable (value of a cell). Start point is always the same. For instance, a table is created based on a formula. The chart should stop when values in the table reach a certain value, but this could be 20 or 200 datapoints (20-200 rows). I know how many datapoints should be included, but not how to terminate the graph based on this number. I would prefer to do this without VBA, as I am not particularly proficient, but will if the only way. Hi, It would be nice to see some sample data, with a...

Set Focus Assistance Needed Urgently
Need some assistance on getting this coding to work right on this form. Basically, if the location and date are already in the SQL table, the 'Date1' and 'Location' fields need to be cleared on the form and the focus be in the 'Location' field. Here's my latest (but obviously not greatest) code which is giving a RunTime 2108 error 'Save the field before you execute the GoToControl action... or the SetFocus method.' Thanks so much in advance! I must also confess that I have posted this to a couple other groups a few days ago but never got an answer. P...

Email Service Activity Notes
Our company is looking for a way to automatically send an email with service activity details to our customers once we complete the activity. The problem I am having is inserting the Service Activity Notes into the email template. Is there a way to do this? Hi, There is no built in feature to do that. You need to use CRM SDK to write code which sends email with body including notes. You may develop workflow assembly or callout as per your requirments. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gm...

Bank email's
Hello all, I am running exchange 5.5 with service pack 4. We are receiving e-mail's with blank body's, the email are being generated from a list-server on someone else site. My site is the only one that is receiving the email with out the body. Has anyone run into this problem? Let's try to confirm that. In IMC props\Diag Logging tab set Message Archival to MAX and restart IMC. After you get blank message next time find it's spool file in \exchsrvr\imcdata\in\archive. Open it with NOTEPAD and see if the message in fact blank, or just mail client is not displaying it co...

Email account that forwards outside for Exchange 2003?
I've tried Contact, I've tried Universal Distribution group - neither will allow me to choose a Contact as an outside recipient or member. I've had to create a user and forward the message to the contact (with the outside address). But I don't like the user having an account. I tried to find this on Google - I'm sure this is an easy one! Thanks! Is it mail-enabled? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:59:36 -0700, "an admin too" <stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote: >I've tried Contact, I've tried Universal Distribution group - neither will >...

Live.com email account request
Hallo, Nowadays you can not create an emailaddress ending on "@live.com" if you do not live in the USA. You can only access the local country microsoft live site and sign up for an account with the local country topdomain. So is somebody in the USA willing to create an live emailaddress for me. If so pls sent me an email so we can exchange information. Thanks in advance. But Are they using your IP address to decide where you live or the physical address you enter? If the IP, find an anonymous proxy in the US to use and create your own account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook...

Paste a print screen in Outlook Web Access
A user of mine said they were previously able to press the print screen key, then past that snap shot into the body of Outlook Web Access 2003 email, using IE7. I never used it so I tried and saw i was unable to do so in OWA, try to right click with the mouse in the body and no paste button. They did like to print screens and paste in the body of a new mail when needed. We use Exchange 2003 Enterprise. Does anyone know if this is possible, and how ? Nothing changed on my end --- Thanks, Bob It will only work if you use IE, not firefox or other browsers since HTM...

How do I set my sent items folder so that it doesn't delete mails.
Currently my outlook deletes sent items automativcally. I want to set it up so that it never delete any of the sent items. Thanks, -Ajay "Ajay Patel" <Ajay Patel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16684B53-C258-4A87-A5D6-23EB256C1E5F@microsoft.com... > Currently my outlook deletes sent items automativcally. I want to set it > up > so that it never delete any of the sent items. > How do you mean "deletes" them? are you using mcafee? I understand it will clean up old mail for users. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with C...

How do use outlook express to send email in office 2003
I upgraded my ofice xp to office 2003 and i've been using outlook express 6 for my emails.After installing office 2003 I can not send email from any office application,I can launch and put in the email address but the send button does not appear anywhere.Please help Hi Look at number 2 and post back with the result please http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "How do use outlook express to send email" <How do use outlook express to send email@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B9F5AD1-07F3-4297-B...

vsapi - Symantec Mail Security 4.5
Hello, I am running Exchange Server 2003 (as part of Small Business Server 2003). Have used Symantec Mail Security 4.5 to protect the server successfully for 12 months. Last night, a power outage caused the server to reboot. When it rebooted, the Symantec Mail Security service did not start. Email continued to be delivered to the server. The message tracking centre shows that the email was sucessfully delivered locally to the store. On starting outlook (2003) this morning, syncronization errors were logged for those emails that had been delivered while the Symantec Mail Security s...

How to figure out which email addresses are undeliverable?
Hello! Could you please answer the question or give me the link to it. Question: Pretend there are customers who have emails that don't work anymore. It means that when i try to send emails to them, the server replies that such an email doesn't exist anymore. How can i figure out about such contacts and mark them as undeliverables? Thank you very much in advance! if it is CRM 4.0, then a workflow is your answer. CRM 3.0, similar with great difficulty!! Kamal http://kamalhitari.blogspot.com Nikita G. wrote: > Hello! > > Could you please answer the question or give me...

Why does my email disappear from my inbox?
Why does my email disappear after about 2 weeks?? I want to be able to see my old email everytime I open my inbox. Please help. thanks Version of Outlook? Could it be that you have enabled AutoArchive? Tools-> Options-> tab Other -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "ufgatormom" <ufgatormom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17EBE697-5178-460D-8EBC-5C587388A3DF@microsoft.com... > Why does my email disappear after a...

outgoing email 03-30-10
Firstly should say I am completely useless so any answer would be grateful for easy explanation. My outgoing email has just suddenly stopped working although i am receiving ok. message is: The host 'smtp.freeserve.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Re: Easter Monday/Dad's Birthday/Vicky and Peter's Wedding photos.', Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D The m...

Regional setting problem
Hi, I have some problems with the localization, my computer is set to accept ',' (comma) as a decimal symbol but when I use the strtod, ecvt and even printf functions are still using the '.' (dot) as the decimal symbol in contrary to the documentation. can any one enlighten me? thanks in advance Iris Irisz wrote: >Hi, > >I have some problems with the localization, my computer is set to accept ',' >(comma) as a decimal symbol but when I use the strtod, ecvt and even >printf functions are still using the '.' (dot) as the decimal symbol i...

Setting up Outlook #7
My problem, somehow, got marked as "answered." That's not the case and I need clarification, Hal, on how to "start from scratch." Please excuse my ignorance in this matter. I don't know how to make Outlook work. Could it be that my computer is remembering that Outlook didn't work so well with my earlier version of Office?? Thank you for your kind help. Your origonal post was answered. Use the mail applet in the control panel to create a new profile and add accounts. Ensure you do not select exchange option. "D Wilson" <DWilson@discussions...

Problem setting up Displays for Contacts and GAL
We are running Exchange 2003 on a pure Windows Server 2003 domain with 100% XP Professional clients. Some of the workstations are running Office XP, some are running Outlook 2000. All workstations and servers have been fully patched to the most current updates via Windows Update and Office Update. Here's my problem. Let's say I have a Contact named "Joe Doakes" who has both a business and a personal email. Pursuant to the Microsoft design model, I keep only one Contact for both and, depending on the nature of the contact, I update the email field with the primary (business o...

Moving Large emails to Public folders
One of our clients has a Mac which is synchronized to his exchange account, they are running exchange 2003 sp2. When he attempts to move emails with slightly bigger attachments (e.g. 1.6mb) then it throws up this error: "The action cannot be completed due to an error on the exchange server". Entourage is fully up to date. Anything I can do? Cheers ...

Can you create a PRF file starting from the existing Outlook settings?
Outlook 2003: I have an Exchange server account, 4 POP3 accounts, and 3 HTTP accounts in my profile. I activate different combinations of these in Send/Receive, to monitor my accounts when I'm traveling. Back in office, I only use the Exchange Server account. Now I had to re-create the profile, and manually entering all the setup info for these accounts is quite a job (have to dig for different usernames, passwords and server names). I know one can use a PRF file to set these and other settings, so my question is: instead of manually entering all the stuff (e.g. using Microsoft's CIW...

Outlook 2002 downloads old email over and over
I have Outlook 2002 patched up to service pack 2. The software keeps downloading the same things over and over from the pop3 box. You'll get the mail, read it, organize it, or delete it and then you receive it again in your inbox. Outlook is not keeping track of what it's already downloaded. Any suggestions? ...

Virtual email accounts?
I would like to create a "virtual" email account which will be associated with a department or function within the company, but that will not have a particular Active Directory user attached to it. For instance, marketing@company.com or ap@company.com . How do I do this? Thanks, Mervin Williams Hi, You could create a distribution list or a public folder with this email address. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelelse news:OtPTWOJ3EHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I would like to create a "virtual" email ...