Newbie Question: Data/Sort

I used Excel to organize a table of data (<50 entries). Column A uses
decimal numbering 1, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 3, etc. The data was entered out of
order. Using Data/Sort, I've tried to put the list into the correct
order, but the list is wack out of order.

First I select the entire block of data. Then I choose Data/Sort:
Column A, w/o header. First it didnt work
2.0, 3.0, 2.1, 2.2, 1,...

I changed the cells from text to number. Then sort worked.
1, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 3,...

I changed the name of one of the columns in the header, now sort doesnt
work anymore.
1.0, 3.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.0,...

Wot? It's like the list is sorting on hidden values in Column A.

nb

neon_bikini@hotmail.com wrote:
> I used Excel to organize a table of data (<50 entries). Column A uses
> decimal numbering 1, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 3, etc. The data was entered out of
> order. Using Data/Sort, I've tried to put the list into the correct
> order, but the list is wack out of order.
>
> First I select the entire block of data. Then I choose Data/Sort:
> Column A, w/o header. First it didnt work
> 2.0, 3.0, 2.1, 2.2, 1,...
>
> I changed the cells from text to number. Then sort worked.
> 1, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 3,...
>
> I changed the name of one of the columns in the header, now sort doesnt
> work anymore.
> 1.0, 3.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.0,...
>
> Wot? It's like the list is sorting on hidden values in Column A.
>
> nb

Not real sure this will help. You may be seeing the results
of an ascii sort. Here's a link to a chart that shows the sort sequence.

gls858
0
gls858 (460)

Data File
I am using 2007 and Vista Home 32 bit and very frequently when I open Outlook there is a balloon in the bottom right which says 'Last time there was a data file which did not close properly' or words to that effect and that MS is checking. Just live with it ? Or is there something I can do ? Thanks Sheena lucretiaborgia@fl.it wrote: > I am using 2007 and Vista Home 32 bit and very frequently when I open > Outlook there is a balloon in the bottom right which says 'Last time > there was a data file which did not close properly' or words to that > effect and that M...

Data Validation Audits
Hi all... Is there a way to trace where a range of cells that represent a picklist is used? The range has not been named. Thanks../Randy try the option Go To and then click on Special. "Randy Numbers" <ran@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:YPmXc.72015$n2.1448@fe11.usenetserver.com... > Hi all... > > Is there a way to trace where a range of cells that represent a picklist > is > used? The range has not been named. Thanks../Randy > Hi Randy, Presume you have a pick-list but do not know where is the SOURCE use for the pick-list - right? If so, pl...

Bubble chart: data label options
Hi all Excel 2007 I have a worksheet from which I am trying to generate a bubble chart (XY). For the sake of argument let's say the worksheet has the following columns and row values: Project ID, Priority, Duration 1, 5, 12 2, 3, 20 3, 8, 8 When creating the chart, I can generate the bubbles where Priority and Duration (X and Y) intersect (which is great). I can also make the bubble size equal to Priority (also great). What I can't seem to be able to do is set the data label to the value of of "Project ID", as this is not one of the available options (which appea...

Licensing Question for Dev Environment
Hi all, We have just implemented a production environment for CRM 3.0 and would like to have the same implementation on Dev. Any idea if this is allowed under the licensing agreement? Please advise. Thanks. ...

Question on electronic transfer with M04
I want to move money from checking to savings with the same bank. Both accounts are setup in Money and have been for some time, and electronic updates (check clearing etc.) works fine. I have read on how to do a Transfer from the Account register (I can do a similar thing from the Bills & Deposits window), and in the check number field I select Xfer, etc. What confuses me is what do I put in the "Pay To" field? I am just doing a "From" (checking) "To" (savings), do I just leave "Pay To" blank? I have formerly done these transfers via my bank&...

trouble entering data
I am trying to edit data on a worksheet, but the forms will not respond. I can move up and down the sheet but even if I choose new form, I can't type anything in the cells. Are you getting any error/warning message -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Displaying Data From Joined Queries
In the Account form, it displays the Primary Contact. Which is really the primarycontactid field. Can I display other info from the Contact on the Acount form, like Contact Job Title? Is there a way to grab data from other tables that are related/joined (in a query) in v1.2 or v3.0? James This would not appear to be possible. I have tried to get this in serveral ways. In a form you could do this using an Iframe and some aspx, but in lists I can find a way to do this. I would like to see this functionality (out of the box) pretty much especially in lists. "James" wrote: &g...

newbie: how to check a string of XML against a DTD file...
given a string of text, how can i test whether it has integrity when verified with a DTD file on disk, as well as checking it's even a valid XML formatted string? Is this possible to do with the .Microsoft .Net DOM? Thanks! =o) Daniel. Daniel Bass wrote: > given a string of text, how can i test whether it has integrity when > verified with a DTD file on disk, as well as checking it's even a valid XML > formatted string? > > Is this possible to do with the .Microsoft .Net DOM? Read "Validation of XML with XmlValidatingReader" in .NET Framework Developer...

Simple question?
I would like to know if the following CRM deployment scenario is possible, any help would be greatly appreciated! I've looked through deployment guide and have found conflcting evidence, so I'm hoping for clarification. I have an existing 2003 AD domain (no SBS servers) with Exchange 2003 Standard Edition. Is it possible to add one SBS '03 member server running CRM and SQL only, no DC no Exchange. And to install the Exchange Router on the existing Exchange server 2003? Basically we have a free SBS server license and we would like to utilize it for CRM and SQL only if possible....

CRM4 and Data Migration
Does MS CRM 4 Data Migration supports migration to Customized entities or only for built-in entities? Found the solution... Remove the MSCRM_MIGRATION database and re-run the DMM ConfigWizard! "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:120E185A-E465-440A-9557-C9F170FB23FD@microsoft.com... > Does MS CRM 4 Data Migration supports migration to Customized entities or > only for built-in entities? ...

Can i Create an hyperlink in a shape to that shape Data?
I'm trying to create a hyperlink in a shape that link's me directly to that shape data without use of reports or external data. The point of this is: when publishing a pdf of de Visio 2007 document, the hiperlinks i've created work in the pdf or in the visio viewer. Any sugestions? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks #24 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/738bcad2-b378-406f-b594-7431fe346dee/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx ...

Paste Data into Contiguous (Visible) Cells
I am trying to paste data from a set of contiguous cells in one sheet into some cells in anther sheet. I have hidden the columns I do not want to paste the data so that the selection that I would want to paste into looks contiguous. I was hoping that Excel would see it that way also and just paste one cell after another. However, it chooses to paste to the hidden cells, which is not what I want. Does anyone know how (without writing a macro) I can paste into cells that are not contiguous normally, but appear contiguous when some columns are hidden? Thanks in advance. Trevor -- trev_s...

SP2 update quick question
I have exchange 2003 sp1 installed on SBS 2003 std. Can i put the exchange SP2 update on the SBS without it having SP1? Also how much space does the exchange SP2 update take up? -- Regards, Matt On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 01:58:02 -0800, "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have exchange 2003 sp1 installed on SBS 2003 std. Can i put the exchange >SP2 update on the SBS without it having SP1? > >Also how much space does the exchange SP2 update take up? You can install SP2 on a server that does not have SP1 already applied. Exchange Service Packs, like Wi...

Licence question
I want to use the CRM product in an organisation of 800 staff - how many licences do I need ?? One for the server and then one for every member of staff or just the administrators ? How does this product licence work ? Partly dependant on whether you use sales and or services. You will require a licence for the server (for sales and service if both required) and a licence for each user as the licencing is on a named user basis for sales and/or services. Regards PeterC "simon.edwards" wrote: > I want to use the CRM product in an organisation of 800 staff - how many >...

Using ADO to get Excel data
I am looking for the best way to find out what the range is for data held in a spreadsheet. The data area will vary from one file to the next. I am using ADO. Any examples would be nice as ADO and activex is new to me. Thanks, Jeff ...

Writing data to Specific Cells???
Hi Folks, I'm trying to write data from cell calculation which updates automatically as part of a FOR loop into a specific range of cells. I would like to be able to read in a numeric value from a cell and loop round that number writing to cells M1 to M100 or so but all I can get is the data writing accross the row rather than down the col??? Here's what I have so far! Any Help Appreciated Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim myRange As Range Dim myrange2 As Range Set myRange = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A110") Set myrange2 = Worksheets("Shee...

Exchange 2003 IntraOrg Migration Questions
Hi, These questions might sound a bit silly but I just to be safe. Please assume that I have installed a 2003 server into a 5.5 site. 1) There is no need to migrate DLs and Custom Recipients from 5.5 to 2003 within the same Site/Administrative Group, right? 2) If the 5.5 server is a replica of a public folder from another 5.5 remote site, do I need to ask the administrator of the remote site to add the 2003 server as a replica also? Thanks in advance, Alex ...

logging date & time of data entry for individual cell
I'd like to log the time & date that content was entered into a (formerly empty) cell. When any data is manually entered into cell A1, the then-current time & date goes into cell B1 (and henceforth doesn't change). When data is entered into A2, the then-current time & date goes into cell B2. Once data has been entered into a cell, it will not be edited again. Can anyone suggest the best way of doing this? Thanks! Julz Put the following macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Set r = Range("A:A") If Intersec...

Another quick question! Thanks!
I have a workbook with 9 worksheets. These sheets are named different names, but let=92s just say they are named sheet1 =96 sheet9. Sheet1 is named =93Main=94 while the other ones are different. When you open the workbook, I want only sheet1 (sheet1 named =93Main) showing and all the other sheets hidden. I want a macro in sheet1 (sheet1 is named =93Main) that when clicked will pop up a box asking something like: click 1 to view sheet2; click 2 to view sheet3=85etc), when the number is selected, I want the macro to hide all other sheets and unhide sheet3 for viewing. Thanks! You could use ...

Password'ed Data File
Is there anyway to get around a passworded file? I may well loose 600 addresses and tons of email. I tried all the passwords that I typically use. Do dice. Please respond privately. Shmuel Fisher Shmuel Fisher <Shmuel@socal.rr.com> wrote: > Is there anyway to get around a passworded file? I may well loose 600 > addresses and tons of email. I tried all the passwords that I > typically use. Do dice. Google search for "recover outlook password" and you'll see commercial tools that you can buy to help you. -- Brian Tillman You can also check here: http:/...

Getting data into CRM 4.0
We need to import some of our ERP data into CRM. The consultants we are using have been trying for weeks to get BizTalk to import the data into CRM. I am wondering if there are any issues with my development team just writing a data integration app to do direct inserts into CRM. Has anyone done this and if so, what issues do we need to be aware of? On Aug 23, 4:41 am, Ed Crawford <EdCrawf...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We need to import some of our ERP data into CRM. The consultants we are using > have been trying for weeks to get BizTalk to import the data into CRM....

Question Ragarding migration
Hello All: Having some issues with migration from 5.5 to 2000. Have 2000 exchange server setup in a different org than that of the 5.5. Both in DNS with mx records and priority 10 Have ADC installed and 2 way connection agreement between the 2 - constant replication. Can migrate the mailbox over to the 2000 server no problem with the migration wizard. However, first issue is that after the migration has completed, the mailbox is left in place on the 5.5 server. I thought it would delete it Second issue is that if I leave the mailbox intact, it receives mail on the 5.5 server. If I delete i...

Data Type mismatch error
[End Time] is a text field in the [Classes Proposed] table. This query SELECT [Classes Proposed].ID, DatePart("h",[Classes Proposed].[End Time]) AS EndHour FROM [Classes Proposed] WHERE (((DatePart("h",[Classes Proposed].[End Time]))<6)); and this query SELECT [Classes Proposed].ID, DatePart("h",CDate([Classes Proposed].[End Time])) AS EndHour FROM [Classes Proposed] WHERE (((DatePart("h",CDate([Classes Proposed].[End Time])))<6)); work as soon as I remove the WHERE clause. However, with the criteria I get this error ...

Dynamic Data Import From Access
Hello, I have tried a few different methods to try and generate charts on my data set. The data set is dynamic but I'm sure it can be formatted to fit the series of charts I want to generate. I created an Access Database that pulls outstanding jobs data from our Production Database System and imports it into Excel. Here is the format it's being imported in as: ColA ColB ColC ColD ColE ColF...etc Year Week AReq AIss BReq BIss...etc 2006 51 2.7 1 23 10.5... 2007 2 5 3.1 9.3 8.9... .... There are about 50-60 columns and t...

Missing Menues and Question Marks
I have given access to one of my users for purchasing module under advanced security but when he opens the purchasing menu under Tools, Setup, only one menu is visible. Moreover, there is a question mark on all my companies under company name and also on Tools, Document Access, Posting Permissions and SmartList under Advanced Security. Thanks! On Sep 17, 6:42 am, create_share <createsh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have given access to one of my users for purchasing module under advanced > security but when he opens the purchasing menu under Tools, Setup, only ...