new to excel #5

I need a 31 day workbook with the 32 worksheet as a monthly.  I need to add
totals for all 31 on the 32 sheet for the monthly totals.  I hope this makes
sense.
0
adbolak (1)

Assuming the 31 sheets have their totals in same cell.

In Sheet32 in a cell enter  =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet31!A10)

Where A1 is total cell on each sheet.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 May 2009 19:11:01 -0700, adbolak
<adbolak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need a 31 day workbook with the 32 worksheet as a monthly.  I need to add
>totals for all 31 on the 32 sheet for the monthly totals.  I hope this makes
>sense.

0
Gord
5/28/2009 2:21:00 AM
Hi Gord

Typo alert
> Where A1 is total cell on each sheet.
to match with your formula, it should be where  A10  is the total cell on
each sheet.

Hope all is well with you.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

> Assuming the 31 sheets have their totals in same cell.
>
> In Sheet32 in a cell enter  =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet31!A10)
>
> Where A1 is total cell on each sheet.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>

> On Wed, 27 May 2009 19:11:01 -0700, adbolak
> <adbolak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I need a 31 day workbook with the 32 worksheet as a monthly.  I need to
>>add
>>totals for all 31 on the 32 sheet for the monthly totals.  I hope this
>>makes
>>sense.

0
Roger
5/28/2009 8:33:05 AM
adbolak;360342 Wrote:
> I need a 31 day workbook with the 32 worksheet as a monthly. I need to
> add
> totals for all 31 on the 32 sheet for the monthly totals. I hope this
> makes
> sense.adbolak, we need a little more information than that, where would the
total row be? would it be different for each sheet? are you looking to
re-use the sheets each month to build the monthly data in sheet 32? if
this is the case you cannot do it with formulae alone.....give us a bit
more information and we will do our best to provide a solution! :)

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=101064

Hi,
instead of making things complicated with 32 sheets ( which as you can
see are already causing problems) why not make a simple list ?
List feature

> You can designate a contiguous range of cells on your worksheet as a
> list (list: A series of rows that contains related data or a series of
> rows that you designate to function as a datasheet by using the Create
> List command.). When you create a list, data defined by the list can be
> manipulated independently of data outside of the list. After you create
> a list, you can use list features to quickly sort, filter, total, or
> publish the data contained within the list.
>
> You can also use the list feature to compartmentalize sets of related
> data by organizing that data using multiple lists on a single worksheet.

It is then very easy to use XL's tolls to create summarys, tables,
etc..

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=101064

Slap forehead and thanks.

Gord

On Thu, 28 May 2009 09:33:05 +0100, "Roger Govier"
<roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk> wrote:

>Hi Gord
>
>Typo alert
>> Where A1 is total cell on each sheet.
>to match with your formula, it should be where  A10  is the total cell on
>each sheet.
>
>Hope all is well with you.

0
Gord
5/29/2009 10:59:49 PM
Hi Gord and Roger

Or this tip from this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/linksum.htm

Tip: from Lori in the Public.Excel newsgroup on Nov-3-2006

=SUM('*'!A20)

Where the '*' automatically converts to all sheets other than the activate one.
WARNING: Not working in Excel 2002, it crashes the application.

If your workbook have 6 sheets and you enter this formula in sheet3 the formula looks like this.
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet2!A20,Sheet4:Sheet6!A20)

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:a6q025dv575c3eih8825jpmg69lv63ueo1@4ax.com...
> Slap forehead and thanks.
>

> Gord
>
> On Thu, 28 May 2009 09:33:05 +0100, "Roger Govier"
> <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk> wrote:
>
>>Hi Gord
>>
>>Typo alert
>>> Where A1 is total cell on each sheet.
>>to match with your formula, it should be where  A10  is the total cell on
>>each sheet.
>>
>>Hope all is well with you.

0
rondebruin (3790)

Drop-down list #5

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

Moving Exchange #5

request to solve my problem #5

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Run time error 5 : HQClient

Saving #5
Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of a workbook. Jason, This link can help with the size issue... http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Item 2d is the one you want. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Jason Zischke" <JasonZischke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18CCEA1F-2479-4ED9-A5F6-21B781D0F403@microsoft.com... > Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of > a workbook. ...

Excel error 1706

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Mail merge from excel
I am trying to merge a list of names from excel into publisher. When using the mail merge wizard it wont let me load the names all it says is f1 and f2. what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Excel Jululian 04-24-10
Good morning please help i have a lists of names and i want to separate each in a colum like You Light Up My Life197711 You Light Up My Life (in one colum "A") 1977 (in one colum "B") 1 (in one colum "C") 1 (in one colum "E") regards First many thanks on your reply the text are different in length regards "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > 'Data' > 'Text to Columns' > 'Next' > mark/un-mark the vertical separators as > shown in the picture > 'Finish' >...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...