NEW MENU - List of Files to Open

Hi,
In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for
such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from the
"most recent" list).

How does one do it in Excel 2007?

Thanks.

"CF" <CF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for
> such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from
> the
> "most recent" list).
>
> How does one do it in Excel 2007?
>
> Thanks.

Depends on the version of Windows.

0
Gordon
6/2/2010 5:48:47 PM
You would need to customize the ribbon by using XML code - if this is
something you want to do, best to learn it by getting the book "RibbonX
Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon"

"Bob Umlas, Excel MVP" <BobUmlasExcelMVP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7359C1C6-6D6A-4C09-BCD7-7ACA73E830DC@microsoft.com...
> You would need to customize the ribbon by using XML code - if this is
> something you want to do, best to learn it by getting the book "RibbonX
> Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon"

There is another way if the OP is using Windows 7 - add the Excel icon to
the taskbar and then you can pin files to that so all you have to do is to
right-click the icon and the pinned files appear at the top of the window.

0
Gordon

Too Slow to Open O.E.6
Hi: Opening I.E. is in normal speed, however when clicking O.E. 6 at the top of Icon of O.E.6, it's SO slow and very sluggish to open, .... even after making a cup of coffee in the kitchen, it's still NOT opening-up. It takes more than one or even two minutes to open. Prior to this, O.E.6 opens instantamaneously, within 40 seconds or so upon clicking O.E. 6 icon at the top of the screen. Any clues on this would be truly appreciated. Thank "Spring10" <Spring10@comcast.net> said this in news item news:#6U0UV4kKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl......

How do I get new headers to appear in list?
The screen shows my new headers in the list, but when I look at he list toolbar and press form, my new entries are not included. ...

backing up files
Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. Why should I email you an answer when the answer to this question has already been posted three or four times already this week? Please read the posts. "John Koegel" <bigjohn1016@mns.com> wrote in message news:044501c348bf$62e760b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money > files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. ...

PDF file #7

No date fields appear when exporting/importing CSV file?
Hello All, I need to convert some legacy emails from another system to a format that can be read by Outlook. The preferred format is CSV text, which we plan to import into Outlook. I noticed when playing with the export/import that the following seem to be the standard fields that get exported into an Outlook generated CSV file: "Subject", "Body (text)", "From: (Name)", "From: (Address)", "From: (Type)", "To:(Name)", "To: (Address)", "To: (Type)", "CC: (Name)", "CC: (Address)", "CC: (...

New Organization Name
Hi, We are currently running Exchange 2000 in Win2k Active directory. Our company name just changed and i was wondering if anyone could help me with the best way to update my network to reflect the change. Should I just change the organization name in Exchange or would i have to run some tool to have it done properly? Currently my organization uses the format: organization.com. The new name will be organization2.com. Another caveat is that i want to be able to somehow have the olde email point to the new address is this possible without building a new server from scratch with a new do...

Make lists on new tab from previous tab
I'm sure this is somewhere out on the net, but I can't find it. How do I create a list on a new tab, from a list of values that were imported into the workbook? Tab 1 Name,acct#,group John Doe,6676,rc10 Jane Smith,6782,rc10 John Hopkins,2342,tj21 Jane Doe, 6980,ut41 What I want to do is separate the list by group to their respective tabs. Tab rc10 Tab tj21 Tab ut41 Thanks Tab? Worksheets have tabs. Perhaps you're referring to creating a list on a new worksheet? Tyro "JMac" <mcdowdjr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4e0e249c-25d8-48f9-a48c-245a339ceb12@z17g...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

How do I list more opened Word docs under the File menu
Word 2003 displays the last 4 Word files opened on clicking the File menu. I would like to increase this to about 20. Can this be done, and if so, how? In Word 2003, the maximum number that can be shown is 9 and it can be set via Tools>Options>General -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Wellington" <Wellington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9B8C9D4-4F78-4A92-94C6-8DC0D41388...

Change Folder List Text Color (2002)
Is there anyway to change the color of the text listed in the folder view? ie - "Inbox" text color from black to red, "Sent" from black to blue" No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, jsonne@verizon.net asked: | Is there anyway to change the color of the text listed in | the folder view? ie - "Inbox" text color from b...

How to change Menu font in Outlook 2007?
Hi I hate new ClearType font in outlook2007, i can turn off Cleartype and change mail font, but cant change Menu font, now it use Segoe or Calibri without ClearType and it look awful. Thx No, it always uses Segoe UI. Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] -------------- http://pschmid.net *** Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80 Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR): http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43 *** Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer OneNote 2007: http://pschm...

Get registered for the new community at https://community.dynamics
Within the next few weeks you will begin to see the Microsoft Dynamics Community pages located at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/community, moving to a new location at https://community.dynamics.com. We are making this move in an effort to streamline the accessibility of all Microsoft Dynamics communities and make the user experience of interacting with community experts and your peers much easier. The newsgroups as you see them today will still be intact, but the web pages which you use today to access them will be different. Plus you’ll see more streamlined content and future func...

Opening Links from Outlook 2007
Some time ago, opening a link from an email message in OL2007 stopped working. What will work is if IE8 is closed, then the first link will open IE and the correct link. Any clicks on other links does nothing. Any ideas. P.S. It all works fine in Mozilla. Is firefox the default browser? Go into IE's Tools, Folder options and reset web settings - confirm its working then set FF as default, if desired. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: d...

Exchange 5.5
We've got an exchange 5.5 server in an NT4 domain, when i create a new distribution group in Exchange Administrator it appears in the recipients section but not in the global address list (i've checked its not set to be hidden) however if i creat a new user they do appear in the global address list Anyone got any ideas??? Regards Paul ...

Separating data into new sheet
Hi guys, I have the following data on worksheet "Sheet1" Code Value A 1000 B 200 A 100 C 150 B 300 B 200 C 400 I have worksheet "Sheet2" that I want user to input what CODE they want to IMPORT... Let say A then on "Sheet2" i would get: Code Value A 1000 A 100 It is a combination of sorting, copying and moving the wanted data to the targeted sheet. Is there an excel feature/solution that does this? or a VB code is needed? Thanks in advance ...

Mass completing of open activities
We just went live on MS CRM after doing account, contact and activity migration. The activites were migrated as either open or complete. In turns out that all of the activities should have been completed. Is there a way to do a mass (system wide) complete on these open activities? Garet, You could try doing this by updating the ActivityBase tbale directly. I would test it first though to make sure it doen't have any unforseen side effects. Matt "Garet Wicker" <garet.wicker@creativecarton.com> wrote in message news:079201c381ec$15af49a0$3101280a@phx.gbl... We jus...

How to import marketing list. failing with permissions issue
I am trying to do the below in CRM 3.0 and it fails with a permissions issue. I am using the crmadmin account so I'm not sure what is causing the error. Can anyone assist? Using the Web interface: Tools Import Choose the attached file Record type: Lead Next Import to “Test 1” Marketing List Customer Type is “Contact” The mapping is correct Next Next at the next screen. Fails there for privileges. -- Thanks Dan ...

View & Insert missing from menu bar!?!?!
Don't know what happened but View & Insert no longer appear in my menu bar. Anyone know how I can add them back in??? All you should have to do is click on them once and they should be there next time you go into that menu. Let us know if that doesn't work... JG "trixiebme" wrote: > Don't know what happened but View & Insert no longer appear in my menu bar. > Anyone know how I can add them back in??? How can I click on something that is not there? "Jonathan G." wrote: > All you should have to do is click on them once and they should...

Comparing List
I have two columns of items numbers. The first column has 35,000 entries. The second column has 39,000 entries. How can I compare the two columns to end up with a third column indicating what numbers in the second column are missing from the first column. Chip Pearson has instructions for tagging unique items in lists: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther Jim K. wrote: > I have two columns of items numbers. The first column has > 35,000 entries. The second column has 39,000 entries. How > can I compare the two columns to end up with a third > column...

data error while opening files
when i open excel or word existing file i getting contents as "DATAError [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]" instead of my saved data. pls help me solving. My all word & excel files are have same problem. ...

Russian menu for Office mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How to enable Russian menu and toolbars for Office mac. When i choised Russian in Language dialog, i got message "install russian proofing tools". How can i get this tools? Mac Office doesn't have native language menus & toolbars for anything other than the language version you purchase. If you want Russian menus, etc. you need to purchase the Russian version [I'm pretty sure there is one.]. Also, I don't believe Russian proofing tools are included with the English version of Mac Office. There...

Cannot open Publisher File
I'm using Publisher 2003 and have a 100 MB (66 MB Compressed) publisher file that consitently hangs up publisher when trying to open it. Once in a while, the first page will load, but when you try to switch to another page, the program hangs up again. I've tried several PCs to open the file with including a P4 file server with 2 GB of RAM. nothing seems to make a difference. I can tell through the Task Manager that the app is doing some sort of processor work, but no disk access is being performed. I tried opening the file in Safe Mode and it make some slight improvements w...

integrate my vendor/supplier files from RMS and SBF into Outlook
I want to be able to see my vendor/supplier the same info in outlook, RMS and SBF I hate having to rekey the same information over and over. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-...

Create new record
Just wonder if I press the * button on the record selector, is there a new record already inserted? I have a autoincrement field in a record, I would like to know if the new record is really appended so that I can get the latest autoincrement number. ...

Allitcertkiller.co.uk study guides has new updates than Testking.co.uk
Allitcertkiller.co.uk study guides has new updates than Testking.co.uk ...