New computer and office 2007

I ordered a new computer at work and already have office 2007. I want to
activate it on the new one and deactivate it on the old one. Has anyone done
this or what will I have to do? I did a search on Microsoft and didn't get
any hits on it.
Thanks,
Lee

0
Neophyte

"Neophyte" <wleecoleman@.nospam.ev1.net> wrote in message
>I ordered a new computer at work and already have office 2007. I want to
>activate it on the new one and deactivate it on the old one. Has anyone
>done this or what will I have to do? I did a search on Microsoft and didn't
>get any hits on it.
> Thanks,
> Lee

There is no "de-activation" process. Just uninstall from the old and install
on the new.

Printing problem from Excel 2007

Can I delete my switchboard and make a new one?
I do not like my switchboard and would like to delete this one and start all over. But when I did delete it I couldn't make another one, because I couldn't delete the default. What should I do?Thanks,Dustin Just delete the form and the table that were created by the wizard, then start over.-- Rick B"Dustin" <Dustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42F94A44-9352-4D02-9104-65593869B271@microsoft.com...>I do not like my switchboard and would like to delete this one and start >all> over. But when I did delete it I couldn't make another one, beca...

New mail appearing as old deleted item
When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at all and is therefore lost. This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007 but it still happens intermittantly. -- Kate What do you see in your Unread Mail folder? "Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A95DD7-CFC4-423F-9B2B-F8B72177E2CE@microsoft.com... > When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of > the new mail...

Excel 2002
Have several spreadsheet files I use routinely. Three have recently crashed after I added another sheet. In each case the document recovery created a file missing all the color and text formats that the file contained before the crash. Not sure what other changes may have occurred. Is there something wrong with the copy of Excel on my PC? Could these three files be corrupt? Is there a procedure to "clean-up" these files? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Mark Hi sounds like they are corrupted. I would suggest to copy the data + formats to a new, 'fresh' workbook. ...

about new operator
hi group here is my second problem i am allocating a buffer char *p = new char[1024]; p = regBuffer.GetBuffer(regBuffer.GetLength()); and after doing all the work i am trying to free that memory with 1)delete []p; p=NULL; 2)delete p; p=NULL; but in both the cases i get error as debug assertion failed File dbgheap.c Line: 1011 Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData) can anybody tell me what's wrong with this code harshalshete@gmail.com wrote: > hi group here is my second problem > > i am allocating a buffer > > char *p = new char[1024]; > > p = re...

Office assistant error...
Hi, Having an issue on a standardised platform of XP with Office 2000 (SR2) and Outlook 2003. Users experiencing an error when starting Office Assistant - "The office assistant could not be started." The recommendation is to repair the office installation. Have attempted this as well as a reinstallation of Office 2000 and Outlook 2003, all to no avail. The error is sporadic but is occuring often enough to warrant this post! Anybody out there got some suggestions? Cheers, Darren Kukulka Systems Manager Beacon Technology ...

Access 2007 Reports
I'm using an Access 2000 mdb (split ends) in Access 2007. I cannot up- convert because other terminals don't have Office 2007. It works as a database just fine except: When I try to change a (front end) report from the default printer to another specific printer in design view, page setup, it all LOOKS good except it does not save my changes upon return and goes back to the default printer. I never had this problem with earlier versions of Access and the specific printer in questions works fine with other apps and terminals. Any ideas people? Many thanks. JM This is a known prob...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption

IE8 can't access Microsoft Office site when all other browsers can
When trying to access the Microsoft Office page using IE8 I keep getting the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. If I use any other browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome) I have no problem accessing the page. This happens whether running in normal or No Add-on's mode. Despite how many people keep complaining about all the problems with IE8, neither the MVP's or Microsoft acknowledge that they exist. Asus P5E Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0GHz 4 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 Windows 7 Ultimate (with all the latest updates installed) NIS 2010 (all up to date)...

Office 07 locking up in Win7
I have just purchased two new HP computers with Windows 7 on them. I am running office suite pro 07. Office keeps locking up after. Sometimes task mgr will restart the program, sometimes I have to power off. Either way, work is lost! I have done system restore twice but have seen no improvements. Office worked fine the first two days then 34+ updates and now it doesn't. It also locks up if monitor goes to sleep and will not recover without a power down. -- Chris & Sam "Chris&Sam" <ChrisSam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30...

Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart art.
Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart Art. It would make note taking much easier. I do not want to go back to Excel for Smart Art. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=26a...

2007 B2 MSOO has encountered a problem
More often then not when I click to open an email in my inbox I get this MSOO pop-up with a checkbox, checked telling me MSOO has encountered a problem and needs to close. Has this been an issue for others and is there a fix. If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro 6/7 (not the reader), go into Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, click change for Adobe Acrobat Pro and remove the Office & Outlook plugins. Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Jax" <Jax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A74147F4-CD75-4FF8-98A7-5A18B01A8FDD@microsoft.com: > More of...

Insert Page Numbers on Worksheet in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using the page number function. All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own page number. But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as Page 1). What's the problem? Do I actually have to put a page number, one by one, on each worksheet? I cannot replicate your problem with 2007. Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did. After grouping and adding a header of Page 1 did you do a print p...

Outlook 2007: When i Save a New Rule outlook Change it automatically...
Hi people! I have this problem with Outlook 2007. I have 15 e-mails addresses in my outlook, but i can=B4t create the rules for send all the received mails to each emails folder. Example: I want to create a simple rule that move all the e-mail that i get from "example1@example1.com" to the folder "Inbox/ example1@example1.com". When i create the rule, all works fine, i select the correct e-mail account name, the correct destination folder, etc... but when I hit the SAVE button in rules window, Outlook 2007 changes the account automatically to another one. Not automatically...

Question Re: Migration of Exchange to New Server.
I'm in the process of replacing an aging Exchange server with a brand new server. Once complete the old server will be taken off line and recycled. I figure the easiest way to do this is bring the new server up as a second Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes from the old server to the new server but I have a couple of questions. 1) How do I move the public folders? I'm assuming I can setup Replication between the two servers and that will migrate the public folder data. 2) What happens when the current server goes off line? Other then having to upd...

Kernal Panics, Office, and Panther
Having trouble since installing 10.3.2 with Kernal Panics, and these may be related to one of the Office components. Anyone notice anything similar? Thoughts of what to do? Where to further research? Thanks Dt In article <BC69D876.C6D2%david.true@usa.net>, David True <david.true@usa.net> wrote: > Having trouble since installing 10.3.2 with Kernal Panics, and these may be > related to one of the Office components. > > Anyone notice anything similar? > > Thoughts of what to do? Where to further research? I haven't heard of any interaction with Office ...

Why can't I send email messages with Trial Outlook 2007?
I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day trial of Office'07. I receive email but the send/reply/compose functions are grayed out. I am certain my settings are correct. Why can't I send email? KK What happens when you use the Test Account Settings? What is the exact error message you get? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, KK asked: | I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day...

Problem with 07 Office Pdf/Xps Add-in
Hello Despite having installed the 2007 Office SaveAs Pdf/Xps add-in, I have seen Mary Sauer's posting on this somewhere asking if it in the Add-in of the Office programmes. I do not see it any of the programmes even though I have reinstalled twice with genuine validation. Anything else I can do? Thks. Menk It's like a printer...you print to it. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Menikos" <menikos88@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u2EEuVswIHA.4564@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello > > Despite having installed the 200...

Out of Office not active Entourage 2008 exchange 2007

Outlook 2007 paragraph spacing, reprise
Hello, Perhaps in response to the earlier outcry, the Outlook 2007 (with Vista Ultimate) that I just installed came with the Normal Style defaulting to 0 space after paragraphs. This meant that, typing a new message into the HTML editor, I had to hit Enter twice in order to have any visible space between my paragraphs. This, then, had the effect of sending my messages with an extra paragraph (nbsp) between each paragraph. Still, it looked okay in Outlook. However, it did not look okay to others, in Gmail and elsewhere. And it did not look okay when echoed back to me in the form of replies. S...

Computer won't boot
I have an older computer with a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L motherboard that I home-built a few years back. I recently built a new computer and have been keeping the old one alive until I get the new one all checked out and settled in. Yesterday the old computer wouldn't boot. It makes a BEEP about one second long during the boot process but won't go any farther. The drive lights flash and the monitor goes through its first sign of lighting up, after I turn the computer on, but this is as far as it goes. The monitor goes black and the activity lights on the front of the computer fl...

Does this have to be run on each computer having issues seeing FB
Some of these machines are Macs running Entourage. ...

How to link a word or a sentance to a page or a subpage OneNote 2007
OneNote 2007 I would like to link a word "Development Tools" to a subpage I already created and have alot of information. And also how can in the future create link from a word or a sentance to a page and also to a subpage. thank you for your help. msw wrote: > OneNote 2007 I would like to link a word "Development Tools" to a > subpage I already created and have alot of information. 1.) Create a hyperlink to the page/paragraph you want to be reached (target), use the right-mouse context-menu; 2.) on the page(a) where from you want to reach the ...

ver 2007 will not open
When I click on the Word shortcut the cursor spins and nothing happens. When I click on an existing Word document I get the error "Windows can not find 'C:\Users\... filename.docx'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." Things I've tried: Logging on with a different user account The Microsoft "Fix It" tool Starting in Safe Mode Using the "docx.txt and renaming to .reg file" Changing the default printer .... but nothing has worked. Other Info: OS: Vista Home Premium SP1 Microsoft Office 2007 Student & Home...