Need to filter more than one date

Excel 2003/XP

I have an Excel sheet that has numerous rows and columns that I want to
filter by 3 dates.

I can use AutoFilter and filter one date but the others won't show up. I
don't want to show the entire worksheet.

Please advise.

Thank you.

0
asfafd (42)

Hi

this can be achived using advanced filtering - check out
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html for details

--
Cheers
JulieD
"HT" <asfafd@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel 2003/XP
>
> I have an Excel sheet that has numerous rows and columns that I want to
> filter by 3 dates.
>
> I can use AutoFilter and filter one date but the others won't show up. I
> don't want to show the entire worksheet.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thank you.

0
JulieD1 (2295)
4/24/2005 4:05:09 PM
Use a helper column and insert this formula at the top of your column A1 if
no header, and copy down.........
Put the three dates you wish to filter for in D1, E1, and F1.......

=IF(OR(A1=$D$1,A1=$E$1,A1=$F$1),A1,"")

Then do AutoFilter on this column for Custom > "greater than zero"
If you want to change which 3 dates you filter, just change them in D1:F1

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

> Excel 2003/XP
>
> I have an Excel sheet that has numerous rows and columns that I want to
> filter by 3 dates.
>
> I can use AutoFilter and filter one date but the others won't show up. I
> don't want to show the entire worksheet.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thank you.

0
croberts (1377)
4/24/2005 7:34:56 PM
Hi

AutoFilter can filter on two dates

EasyFilter can do 5
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"HT" <asfafd@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23NMctcOSFHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Excel 2003/XP
>
> I have an Excel sheet that has numerous rows and columns that I want to filter by 3 dates.
>
> I can use AutoFilter and filter one date but the others won't show up. I don't want to show the entire worksheet.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thank you.

0
rondebruin (3790)

How to sort multiple sheets (which have same format) at one time?
I have a workbook with multiple sheets which have the same format. I need to sort all in the same manner. How can this be done. I noticed that the sort function is not available when selecting/grouping multiple sheets. I'm going to take you at your word and make a few assumptions. Taking you at your word: ALL sheets in the workbook need to be sorted. Assumptions: only 1 column is used to determine the sort order, and the sort is to be in ascending order. The following code will do that, and allows you to define which columns are included in the sort, and which column ...

exporting/linking data from a row on one sheet into another sheet
I have a master sheet with all the sales information that my company tracks. I would like to create seperate sheets for each sales rep. I have all their initials listed under one column. Can I take each row and put the information onto another sheet based on what I put into the initials colum? exporting/linking data from a row on one sheet into another sheet Hi Clark see responses in Excel.worksheet.functions NG Frank Clark Haddock wrote: > I have a master sheet with all the sales information that > my company tracks. I would like to create seperate > sheets for each sa...

With Microsoft FAX Nearly One Minute Delay between Using Print
With Windows Messaging and Microsoft Fax under Win 98 SE, when I printed a document to Microsoft Fax, the fax wizard would start a few seconds after I said print. I installed Outlook 2000. With it, there seems to be a consistent nearly one minute delay between when I say print and the fax wizard starts. If Outlook is running, there is no delay. The osa9.exe program doesn't make any difference. Needless to say, this is an annoyance, having to go through two steps, start Outlook and then print, rather than simply printing. Does anyone know of a way to make Outlook 2000 work like Messag...

get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates
Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? Thanks, Racsus (Racsus@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? DECLARE @offset int, @day varchar(10) SELECT @day = 'Tuesday' SELECT @offset = CASE @day WHEN 'Monday' THEN 1 WHEN 'Tuesday' THEN 2 WHEN 'Mittwoch' THEN 3 WHEN 'Thursday' THEN 4 WHEN 'Friday' THEN 5 ...

How can I pre-filter a table that is used in a query in a live dat
How can I pre-filter a table that is used in a query in a live database? I have about 47 queries (SQL text in a memo field in a table) that all reference a few tables in the same database. I would like to limit the table’s data instead of re-writing all the queries to include further criteria. The queries are very complex and it is not desirable to re-write the queries and use parameters. This database is live on an ASP.NET web page and there may be multiple people viewing the reports which are using these queries. Since there are multiple users I can not simply copy the tables into ...

Advance Filter Return
Hello, I've created an Adv. Filter that copies data from Sheet2 to Sheet3 (headers included), the issue is that I would like to give the ability to the user to select which record from the possible multiple that populated from the Adv. Filter. Example user clicks column "A" ("Date", Sheet3) and on the record / ROW he or she is needs to be populate back to Sheet1 for editing. I do have a �unique record� tie this all together which date & time (merge, column "F" as text) that would be like my lookup unique record, but I simple cant think of a way to ge...

Time/Date stamp in Outlook 2003 msgs.
My friend with 2003 has reported another oddity to me which is that the time & date stamp on her messages seems not to have changed with daylight savings time (i.e. they are 1 hour behind). She says the system clock did automatically change. My question--does Outlook really have anything to do with the time/date stamp or is this just a function of the mail servers involved? TIA. -- ------------------------------------------- Stephen Porter Los Angeles, CA Check calendar options "Stephen Porter" <stp@pobox.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1ae37d24b618934c98969a@m...

MSPOS 2.0
To change the behavior of the screen's min/max buttons one must enable it through the POS View. Need to be able to set this in Manager View also for non-POS machines without having to hack the database. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Need to print all address lines on a 1099 form
In Great Plains Version 10, on the vendor card, under the address button, you are able to enter 3 lines of address information. However, when printing 1099's, only the first 2 lines of address information will print on the form. Since we utilize all 3 address lines, we had many 1099 forms returned as undeliverable this past year. According to our partner, Microsoft indicated that, currently, there is no way to print the third line of information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

"To: contains a phrase" filter does not work for outgoing emails
I have created filter specifying a phrase from the TO: field of an email. Such emails should be placed in a folder. This does not work for emails sent from my outlook. How to place an outgoing email in a specific folder based on the TO: field? O. Ondrej Sevecek <ondra at my_surname dot com> wrote: > I have created filter specifying a phrase from the TO: field of an > email. Such emails should be placed in a folder. This does not work > for emails sent from my outlook. > How to place an outgoing email in a specific folder based on the TO: > field? Use the "wit...

save only filtered results to csv/txt file
Excel 2000, Win98SE. I need to filter an xls file and then save only what is shown to a csv/txt file. The master xls file has new data added in a single import each day. Then I will have to filter the file 2 or 3 ways and save the filtered results to seperate csv/txt files, so I need to streamline the process. Also is there a means, comparable to scenarios, that I can use to set up different filtering combinations and then easily switch between them? Suggestions welcome. Thanks. -- Igor Igor You should be able to copy and paste the data to a new workbook and save that. Alternative...

How to get SUMPRODUCT on filtered cells
I'm currently using the formula =SUMPRODUCT((F2:I1475>=1)*(F2:I1475<=9999)) This gives me the number of the full range of cells but I need this to update whenever I use a variety of filters. Any help is greatly appreciated Sam.D Say we have data in A1 thru B29 like: flia value 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 0 pass 2 pass 0 pass 1 pass 1 fail 1 fail 0 fail 2 fail 1 fail 0 fail 1 fail 2 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 2 fail and are appling autofilter to column a. We want to use sumpr...

Longer Description in Routing Sequence Entry (needed for Outsourc.
We do a fair amount of outsourcing various process's in our manufacturing environment. When you create a purchase order from the Manufacturing Module, it would be nice to have the same field length in the Sequence Information Description of a Routing as is currently available for a Purchase Order. Currently we are having to manually enter the information a second time on the purchase order so the Vendor knows what we are talking about. Thanks! The suggested change will be included in the 9.0 release (previously referred to as 8.5), which is scheduled for 4Q05. -- This posting is...

From Quicken to Money, need some insight
I am a new Money 2004 user after using Quicken for 10 years. I have noticed the monthly bills I have assigned dollar amounts to show up in the Budget planner. Underneath these routine bills, another budget entry is there entitled "other expenses for . . . ." If I leave the "other expenses for {whatever monthly bill I have setup} blank, it shows up during the review of the budget with no amount budgeted for that catergory. Even though I have a dollar amount setup for the monthly bill. However, if I enter the same dollar amount as the monthly bill, it than shows a subto...

Visio2k7 has two PDF export methods
I have a floorplan diagram that is 20"x20". On the diagram, there is metadata for the shapes of the offices that tells you the person's name, phone #, etc. When I use the "Publish as PDF or XPS", the Image is exported properly, as shown in the link below: http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2676/error1kn6.jpg But none of the metadata comes across - and there's no option to include it either that I can find. However, if you use the "Convert to Adobe PDF" option, you get the opposite: http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2893/error2ou8.jpg The i...

Pivot Charts Display Filter Box
I would like to have the filter box displayed on my pivot chart. My 2003 pivot charts no longer display the drop down box, how do I get it back? ...

charting a single bar graph on one line showing continuous info
I must do a time graph showing total workhours with tick marks showing begin and end of tours on a dialy basis. I cannot get the custom or standard chart graph functions to do this without putting in all of the data. I just want the begin tour and end tour of each person. can you help. thx debi ...

Conditional formatting dates 05-05-10
I have a range of dates that I want to conditionally format. Eg, todays date is the 5 May 2010. I want to highlight all of the dates in the range D14 to D120 that todays date passes on a daily basis. For eg, as we click over automatically to the 6 May 2010, any fixed dates in the range for the 5 May 2010 turn red. Any help would be great. Select your dates and use Custom in CF and the formula =D4=TODAY()-1 -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E87D631B-E455-4698-92A1-BE915192ECDF@microsoft.co...

Diable excel macro for DATES
Hi, everytime i copy and paste from a website in this format XX/YY excel sees it as a DATE. how can i disable this feature..I just want t paste it as its raw form of XX/YY. When i cut and paste it in my exce and try to change the format by using TExt. it comes up with rubbis numbers. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try formatting, as text, before you import -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "evo >" <<evo.18vufd@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:evo.18vufd@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > > everytime i copy ...

Can I e-mail only one worksheet in a workbook using MSN Hotmail?

make excel files with same names to be opened at one time
It is very difficult to work if you want to compare changed data made in the file with old one ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cde27763-1bc7-4299-874f-ac53e066ae7a&dg=microsoft.public....

CMonthCalCtrl
Hi, I want few custom things in CMonthCalCtrl. Can anyone suggest how these can be achieved. 1) I want the Next and Prev button to be disabled or hidden. I just want the month that's shown only and not allow the users to move to the next. 2) I want to hide the year text. can some one tell me how this can be done. Thanks in advance -Amudhan You could try this control instead. Having the source for it would allow you to customize it to your liking... http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/minicalendar.asp?df=100&forumid=3190&exp=0&select=967592 It doesn't look to me like t...

Multiple accounts:one bank (different IDs & pswd)
How do i set up auto-online updates when u have multiple accounts at one bank w/ different IDs and pswds? In microsoft.public.money, garnd wrote: >How do i set up auto-online updates when u have multiple accounts at one bank >w/ different IDs and pswds? What program are you using? MM 05 "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, garnd wrote: > > >How do i set up auto-online updates when u have multiple accounts at one bank > >w/ different IDs and pswds? > > What program are you using? > > In microsoft.public.money, garnd...

how do you *chart* dates?
Thanks in advance for anyone's help. (Office 2002) I've been handed a "challenging" task. My leader wants to see if we've made our target dates across all groups. The data would look like this: --------------------GROUP ONE----------------------- Item: Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Target Date: 5/25/04 4/20/04 5/7/04 Actual Date: 6/3/04 4/19/04 5/7/04 --------------------GROUP TWO----------------------- etc. Up under Group one Item 1 was 9 days behind schedule Item 2 was 1 day ahead of schedule Item 3 was right on schedul...

two companies one Exchange 2003 server
Can I set up two storage groups one for companyA and one for companyB and have an administrator at companyB administer the mailboxes in companyB while I can administer the mailboxes in companyA and companyB. Both our domains are in the same forest. We only have one exchange server and my IT director wants to separate them as much as possible with out buying another exchange 2003 server. What are some examples of what other people have done in this situation? Thank You, Chris Hi, Have a look at the following webcast, it will provide ideas how to delegate control. http://support.microsoft....