need to assign a nomber to yes such as y=1 to run a count ? excel

Iam working on a project with excel 2003, and I am trying to assign a vale
you to yes "yes = 1" and "no = 2" and then good back and add up the yes and
no.

help I have look for about 3hr and cant work it out?
thanks for any ones help
0
V (85)

Hi Richard,

What about using COUNTIF. Assuming that Ye and No are in range A1:A30:-

=COUNTIF(,"Yes")

or

=COUNTIF(A1:A30,"No")

Regards,

OssieMac

"richard V" wrote:

> Iam working on a project with excel 2003, and I am trying to assign a vale
> you to yes "yes = 1" and "no = 2" and then good back and add up the yes and
> no.
>
> help I have look for about 3hr and cant work it out?
> thanks for any ones help
0
OssieMac (238)
10/24/2007 12:55:00 AM
Hi again Richard,

last post is corrupted, Not sure what I did or didn't do. Here is second try.

What about using COUNTIF. Assuming that Yes and No are in range A1:A30:-

=COUNTIF(A1:A30,"Yes")

 or

 =COUNTIF(A1:A30,"No")

 Regards,

 OssieMac

0
OssieMac (238)
10/24/2007 1:08:00 AM
OssieMac
Thanks that worked great and I learend about COUNTIF
so once more thank you
Richard

"OssieMac" wrote:

> Hi again Richard,
>
> last post is corrupted, Not sure what I did or didn't do. Here is second try.
>

> What about using COUNTIF. Assuming that Yes and No are in range A1:A30:-
>

> =COUNTIF(A1:A30,"Yes")
>
>  or
>
>  =COUNTIF(A1:A30,"No")
>
>  Regards,
>
>  OssieMac

0
RichardV (2)

WLK 1.5: Testing RNDIS over USB
I have been asked to DTM test RNDIS-over-USB for a WinCE 6.0 device I recently received. I was able to set up the connection to the device and use it's remote console, telnet works as well. However, when I create a job submission for testing, DTM Studio doesn't like the device supplier's INF file, stating that no drivers are specified. The INF file is based on MS' RNDIS template device setup file, which has no drivers listed - it does include the stock netrndis.inf file. It seems that DTM does not include the netrndis file when parsing the supplier's I...

Changing Excel's Color Pallette
Is anyone Familiar with how to change the color pallette, to other color's? all help is greatly appreciated Thanks ,,, Bob -- Nozzle23 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nozzle23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26966 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=464999 Nozzle23, Tools - Options - Color. The boxes you see there is the palette for this workbook. Pick a box, click Modify, and change the color in that box. Anything that uses that box (Font color, fill color, etc...

Excel Template
I was using Office 2003 before, and in excel 2003 i have created one invoice template and connected it with my access data base, before it was done very simple method by using Template wizard, i connect the desired Excell Sheet Cell with my Access Data Base table Field, but now when i have upgraded to Office 2007, the link is not working, i am not able to connect my excel sheet cell data with the access database filed, no idea what to do, is there any Template Wizard for office 2007 as it was in office 2003? Plz response, and thanks in Advance -- Atif Hasan The last version i...

Assigning names to a spreadsheet that updates
I have this issue with my spreadsheet. I have a spreadsheet that I update via Refresh Data. Before I refresh the data I have names assigned to a ROW. When I update the data I get more data added and the names are no longer assigned to the correct Row. how do I go about keep those names assigned to the Row? Thank you, I do not think you have defined your problem sufficiently; however, please take a look at my page on use of OFFSET http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm If your problem is from inserting/deleting rows then that probably would explain and solve your problem; other...

Question about excel 2007
Hi, I just switched to excel 2007. On my old excel 2003 toolbar I had a box that showed the location of the file I was working on. It was really helpful if I wanted to send someone the link to my work, I could just copy and paste it from there. I can't find that in the toolbar options of excel 2007. Do you know what it's called? Does it even exist? Thanks. Lisa Add to the QAT(quick access toolbar) the "Document Location" button. (Find it in Commands not in the Ribbon) lj wrote: > Hi, I just switched to excel 2007. On my old excel 2003 toolbar I had > a box t...

Assigning Task through workflows
Hi, Just wondering if any one knows if there is a trick to assigning a task through a workflow to a queue rather than a user? I have created a workflow that has the task which assigned to a user but i require it assigned to a Queue. The only options i have are users or logical user? Thanks for your help, Matt ...

Excel
hi, anyone to solve my problem ? I have an Abacus that contain : Cell B1 to R1 contain (CABLE SIZE): 4mm, 6mm, 10mm, 16mm, 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 70mm, 95mm, 120mm, 150mm, 185mm, 2x70mm, 2x95mm, 2x120mm, 2x150mm and 2x185mm Cell A2 to A20 contain (POWER): 0.4kw, 0.75kw, 1.5kw, 2.2kw, 3.7kw, 5.5kw, 7.5kw, 11kw, 15kw, 18.5kw, 22kw, 30kw, 37kw, 45kw, 55kw, 89kw, 90kw, 110kw, 132kw Cell B2 to R20 contain a number (Maximum Length). How can I find the "CABLE SIZE" (Cell B1 to R1) if I have a POWER and a LENGTH? PS, the LENGTH I have his not a value in the table, so I want to take the a...

Excel macros graphs work on one laptop, but do not on another. Wh
I have macros that generate graphs embedded in a spreadsheet. These graphs also auto populate a title and series names based on the data. On my laptop the graph titles and series names populate correctly, on another they populate with the generic "Chart 1" and "Series 1, Series 2, ...". Is there a configuration setting or something of the sort that would prevent or affect the series names and chart titles from populating correctly? 1> Compare Excel product-versions once, if its different on both machines, install required version to match them with eac...

excel 2007 11 x 17 chart printing problem
I can not get a chart to print on 11 x 17 using excel 2007. The printer just shows spooling. ...

Question about XML functionality (add-ons?) in Excel 2000 & 2002
We have recently been told by our agency systems administrator that we need to upgrade all of our existing PCs so they have Office 2003 because of an XML function that allows us to import/export data to and from our agency server. Obviously, this would not only be prohibitively expensive, but time-consuming as well. What I would like to know is if there is some kind of XML add-on that we can install for Excel 2000 and/or XP that will give us the same XML functionality as Excel 2003? Thanks MUCH in advance if anyone can give me an answer on this. ...

Excel Icons
Hi, All of my Excel files do not have the Excel icon any more, that is to say if I look in a folder, say My Documents, thee files are all there and work fine, but do not show the familiar green Excel icon, they show the icon for an application. I don't know how or why this has happened, does anyone have any ideas as to restore the status quo? Thanks, Alan. This is a Windows setting. Looks like the application has "stolen" th .xls file suffix. Open Windows File Explorer. Menu - View/Options/File Types and look fo Microsoft Excel WorkSheet (or Extension : XLS) and Edit...

How do I chart contours in Excel 2007?
I have some geophysical data I want to chart. How can I generate contours, or with the surface chart, how can I change the values for the coloured bands? Thank you EXCEL 2007 Try a Surface Chart. To set one up:- Hit the F1 Help Facility Key In the Browse Excel Help section click on Charts Next click on Chart types Next click on Present your data in a surface chart There are detailed instructions in here as to how to set one up. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. "tpmbrian" wrote: > I have some geophysical data I want...

Assigning Multiple Users to Outlook Tasks
I'm trying to use outlook as a central location for engineering assignments. The trouble we have is that engineers work in teams of two and so the task has to be sent out to both parties with one of them accepting. I've noticed on Outlook that we get no updates on the tasks when they are assigned to multiple users. Is there a way of getting around this? Cheers ...

I need to add seven days to this date...
This statement is in an Append query if it matters. I need to add seven days to this date. FollowupDate: Format(DateValue([forms]![frm_GetImportDate]![ImportDate]),"mm/dd/yyyy") I've tried a number of variations of this and all I get back is a message saying "This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated...." Can someone please help me get this to work? Thanks Kelvin FollowupDate: Format(DateAdd("d", 7, DateValue([forms]![frm_GetImportDate]![ImportDate])),"mm/dd/yyyy") -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP ...

Combining Several Excel "Forms"
I have several excel "Forms" (data in non-tabular format). Is there a way to combine all of these excel documents into one tabular sheet? The data is composed of various specific data and the data is in the same cell for each specific type. Thanks a lot, Jonathan ...

Running my application on target machine
Hello, I've created an MFC application. It runs on my computer. I tried to run it on onother computer but it did not run. The reason is that the MFC dllz (MFC71.dll, MSVCR71.dll etc.) were not found on the computer. I've installed .NET 1.1 framework (the files were somehow installed to C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 folder). Still, I cannot run my application. The only way to run my application is to copy the MFC dllz to the directory where my Exe file is installed. I don't like this way, I want my application folder to be empty from MFC dll (it looks bad, I ne...

stop cursor from going through hidden/grouped rows in excel 2002.
Anyone know of a way to stop the cursor from scrolling through hidden or grouped rows in excel 2002? Only happens when moving down through a worksheet (on the way up the cursor skips over hidden or grouped rows). Thanks. ...

How to close Outlook.exe 98 so backup program will run?
I am using a backup app that saves my Outlook 98 info. The software shows an error because it says Outlook is running (obviously in the background) and so needs for me to manually close it (Ctrl+Alt-Del and end task in WinXP). Is there a way that Outlook can automatically close properly? ...

Does Windows 7 need ntldr, ntdetect.com files?
Does Windows 7 need ntldr, ntdetect.com files? On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:38:43 -0800, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca> wrote: >Does Windows 7 need ntldr, ntdetect.com files? I want to dual boot Windows 7 with Windows xp. Peter wrote: > Does Windows 7 need ntldr, ntdetect.com files? > No. WinXP was the last Microsoft workstation OS to use those files. -- Bruce Chambers Help us help you: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 They that can give up essential liberty to obtai...

How do i download or acquire the data analysis plus tool for Excel
I am using office 2003. There are on the CD; put Excel or Office CD in drive do Start:Control Panel | Add/Remove click on Microsoft Office 2003; then on the Change button specify you want Tool Pac -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lamont" <Lamont@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39249022-B3B4-4D6D-9D7E-C6B7AB9BBF81@microsoft.com... >I am using office 2003. Lamont - "Data Analysis Plus" is an add-in for Excel that has some features beyond those included in Excel's Analysis ToolPak. "Data ...

How to create an auto run CD with an access database
How to create an auto run CD with Our Company has created a beautiful Access Database with information for our customers. We would like for the Access DB to start automatically once the customer inserts the CD into any computer. We would like to setup the CD to run all of the access engine utilities from the CD itself. In other words we would like to have a self executed Access database CD Media so the utility on the CD will have everything it needs to execute the DB as soon as the CD is inserted on the drive. Any ideas how to accomplish this will be much appreciated. Than...

Starting a "command line" .exe program from within an excel spreadsheet
Is there a way to link an external .exe file to a button on a worksheet. I have a fortran program, which carries out a set of analyses, that I would like to be able to call from a worksheet. Many thanks Richard Richard, Attach a macro to the button, along the lines of Sub RunDOSProgram() Dim myProgram As String myProgram = "C:\Program Files\BlahBlah.EXE -s" TaskID = Shell(myProgram, 1) End Sub I don't have any old DOS execeutables to test, so..... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "kilter" <richard.pitman3@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:1180955654.898401...

Adding a second x-axis to an ExCel chart
How can I add a second x-axis to an ExCel chart? Specifically, I wan one with values running high to low and the second running low to high for Tilman plot. Thanks for the help!! Cheers! Dirk dirk.sears@verizon.ne -- Selaretu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Selaretus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1633 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27725 Dirk - You need at least two series, one for primary and one for secondary axes. Double click one series, and on the Axis tab,...

Tracking New Tabs in Excel
Hello, I am trying to set up a way to track information in a "tracking tab" for new tabs that I add for quotes on new business. So, we have a basic template that we copy 2-3 times a day to develop new quotes. I want to extract key info from each quote in this tracking tab (date of quote, customer, $ amount, etc.). The problem I have is that each time I add a new tab I need to manually copy my formula down one line in the tracking tab and edit the formulas to link to the new tab. Is there a way to set up the formulas in the tracking tab so that when we add a n...

Excel Interactivity
I may be posting this in the wrong forum, if so please let me know. Scenario is this: Local intranet with various sales sheets will be published to the site for the individual Manager to work on but not have a local copy. With the interactivity selected before publishing, it lookis fine on teh site, doesn't quite cover teh page but will suffice. I saw somewhere that using Office Web Components will allow you to add a save feature to the online spreadsheet. I installed OWC for Office 2003, published it to the Sharepoint site but I have no save button. Granted, I am using the Sharepoi...