Need the cell next to one found through If Then

Hello everyone...

I have a column in a worksheet that finds the latest date in a column (This
is the lastest paid date).  Now, I want to have the amoutn paid which is in
the cell next to date paid to show

ie.
Date          Amt pd      Ck#
8/31/2004	($25)	902		Last pymt	7/29/2005
9/18/2004	($25)	914		Last pymt amt XXXXXXX
11/4/2004	($25)	936
1/14/2005	($50)	980
7/29/2005	($100)	1070

I want XXXXXXX to show automatically $100

Thanks!  Tara

hi,
=LOOKUP(E3,A1:A20,B1:B20)

Assuming the date u want in in cell E3, this formula will look in range
A1:A20 and find date in E3 and return the value on the same row from range
B1:B20

Adjust the formula to fit your data.

regards
FSt1
"workin4alivin" wrote:

> Hello everyone...
>
> I have a column in a worksheet that finds the latest date in a column (This
> is the lastest paid date).  Now, I want to have the amoutn paid which is in
> the cell next to date paid to show
>
> ie.
> Date          Amt pd      Ck#
> 8/31/2004	($25)	902		Last pymt	7/29/2005
> 9/18/2004	($25)	914		Last pymt amt XXXXXXX
> 11/4/2004	($25)	936
> 1/14/2005	($50)	980
> 7/29/2005	($100)	1070
>
> I want XXXXXXX to show automatically $100
>
> Thanks!  Tara
0
FSt1 (238)
8/10/2005 4:54:16 PM
Well, that would answer #2 from you!  Thanks...it works brilliantly.

Tara

"FSt1" wrote:

> hi,
> =LOOKUP(E3,A1:A20,B1:B20)
>
> Assuming the date u want in in cell E3, this formula will look in range
> A1:A20 and find date in E3 and return the value on the same row from range
> B1:B20
>
> Adjust the formula to fit your data.
>
> regards
> FSt1
> "workin4alivin" wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone...
> >
> > I have a column in a worksheet that finds the latest date in a column (This
> > is the lastest paid date).  Now, I want to have the amoutn paid which is in
> > the cell next to date paid to show
> >
> > ie.
> > Date          Amt pd      Ck#
> > 8/31/2004	($25)	902		Last pymt	7/29/2005
> > 9/18/2004	($25)	914		Last pymt amt XXXXXXX
> > 11/4/2004	($25)	936
> > 1/14/2005	($50)	980
> > 7/29/2005	($100)	1070
> >
> > I want XXXXXXX to show automatically $100
> >
> > Thanks!  Tara

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

OWA jumping mouse

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Need HELP! for Linking data

Need to add to current formula

Need macro help to close excel

find data and autopaste when found

changing a cell of 60 files
Hi all I've 60 files and another one which summarizes all of them.. I've to put a day in the cell a1 and then I'd like to cut and paste that day in the cell a1 of the other 60 files without having to change all of them manually. I'd like to save and then exit every single file.The files are named 0001 0002 0003..and so on. I know that this is possible with a macro..but I've got a problem.. It's possible not to have the prompt which asks for updates of the file everytime I open one of them?? Thanks for the help Rossella Hi Rossella http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm ...

how do i identically size cells to organize contents alphabeticall
how do i size the cells in excell to organize alphabetically The size of the cell has nothing to do with sorting them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "entertainer" <entertainer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62754406-410E-4328-8A6A-679D001D7F70@microsoft.com... > how do i size the cells in excell to organize alphabetically As JoAnne points out, cell size has nothing to do with sorting. What is the current sate of your data and what would you like to see happen to i...

Data Validation circle cell position
Hi everyone. I want to create an alert that flashes a msgbox when a sheet is activated and contains data that is flagged as invalid by using the validation circles. In a large sheet, it is tricky to find all the cells that may contain invalid data which is why I want to be able to create a msgbox that lists the addresses or something like that. By looping through the shapes in the sheet, I can determine that these errors exist but I can't find out where they are as the data validation oval does not appear to have a .topleftcell location. I can find out where it is in ...