Need keywords and index in Office help file. Online help no good

Online help can be annoying unless you know the exact words and phrase to
type. If your searching for help and unsure what to type you end up with lots
of useless suggestions. It was alot easier to determine what help may be
usefull when a person could view and index and keywords based on what you
were currently typing in the index box.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ded6b9d1-8e4c-4e62-a244-258e508cd24f&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers
0
Bob4289 (354)

The best alternative for Excel help is the following website:

http://www.bettersolutions.com/excel.aspx

regards

How can you re install office 2004 ?
Any ideas on how to uninstall Office 2008 and go back to Office 2004 until the proper synchronization patches are available You don't need to uninstall, Simply re-install Office 2004, and re-apply Service Pack 11.3.5 and then run its AutoUpdate from the Help menu to bring it back up to date. If you leave Office 2008 installed, it will attract its updates as they come available. If you have been using Entourage, you will need to Export your database, using File>Export... Then import it to Entourage 2004 after you get it updated. Do not allow two versions of Entourage to run concurr...

Outlook PST file too big
Product: Outlook 2000 I recently backed up my Outlook PST file to a DVD. (It was over the 2 GB limit) I then created a new PST file to use. However, now I cannot mount the old PST file to get some data off it. I have been told this is due to the file being over 2GB. Is there anything I can do to get into the file now? I would hate to loose this much data. is it because the pst is too big or because you are reading it from a DVD? Outlook needs read/write access as well as a pst under 2GB. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, ...

Need invisible/shaded/highlighted cell
I'm thinking what I would like to do can *probably* be done in VBA, but I'd like to use the formula in the cell. If it can be done. I have three columns: DOW DATE BILL DTE --- -------- -------- Wed 02/01/06 02/03/06 Thu 02/02/06 02/06/06 Fri 02/03/06 02/07/06 Sat 02/04/06 02/06/06 Sun 02/05/06 02/07/06 Mon 02/06/06 02/08/06 Tue 02/07/06 02/09/06 Wed 02/08/06 02/10/06 . . . . The date col contains a formula to add 1 to the cell above. The day of week col uses the date from the date column. And the bill date col adds 4 days to the date col if it falls on a "Thu...

office prints only a half of 1st page
When I print anything in Office (excell, words..) it prints a half of first page only. help plese Use print preview to see if you have messed up your top and bottom margins or space for headers and footers. If you see nothing there try selecting all cells and clearing your manual page breaks. Insert, Reset/remove all page breaks Also check File, Print Area- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "leokon&q...

Refresh Form
I have an interesting problem (maybe its not so interesting to the gurus who frequent this board :) ). Here is the back ground information: I have a form that contains tab controls and several sub forms. The main form contains a control that dictates what data is displayed on one of my sub forms via parameters in the query (data source). So, I have added some code to the "after update" event that looks like this: --------------------- me.form.refresh me.form.requery --------------------- I have also tried: --------------------- Me.[sub_form_control_name].Requery -----------...

Can someone help with this error
I am randomly getting an access error in my application and I am trying to find it. The error seems to occur when allocating a buffer in the CString code. Does anyone know if the dump below is pointing to anything specific? It seems like the error is occuring when 'text' is be allocated but I don't know why. // this is the function call in the ArchExists(..) module where the CString is allocated (parm1). CComSetup::ExtractParams( text, &type1, &desc1, &name1, &id1 ); // This is the declaration of the function void CComSetup::ExtractParams( CString src, CStrin...

please help.. highly important...
i have a excel .CSV file that Gmail generated for me with my contacts in.. what i want to do is function that go over all the contacts emails one by one and deletes all missformated addresses that cannot be use to send email for them.. somthing like : if (the cell's text is not an valid email address) { delete the cell ; } to be honest i dont know much about excel so i need somthing from scratch like how to put the function in the file and that.. thank you all very much.. Also posted in public.excel.misc "yakir" <yakir@discussions.microsof...

a little help with finding and associating cells
ok so here is my dilemma, I need a formula that will look at a cell value on one work sheet, check for the same value on another work sheet in a defined column, and insert a coresponding value from another column...... is that even remotely possible??? any help would be greatly appreciated.... -- rcarrollct ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rcarrollct's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24931 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384671 It's called VLOOKUP. http://www.offi...

I can not see all contents in one cell. Help me pls!
Please help me! By default when I write some text in cell and the text is longer then cell's width, I can not see his contents in next cells. But in one excel file when I sellect all cells in worksheet and then draging them it can no longer seen all contents in one cell. What I should to do? Thank you in advance! If you have wraptext turned on (format|cells|alignment tab), then the cell will expand its rowheight to show you all the data. (unless you use merged cells or have adjusted the rowheight manually). If you have wraptext turned off, then the text will overflow to the cell to ...

need help... Getting a error when I add a xml schema include location xsd file
Hi, I am trying to add the following line to my xml schema xsd file <xsd:include schemaLocation="../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"/> Here is my code XmlSchemaInclude include = new XmlSchemaInclude(); include.SchemaLocation = "../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"; schema.Items.Add(include); when I print out the schema, it crashes StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(@strFormName+".xsd", false, Encoding.UTF8); schema.Write(sw); sw.Close(); Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks ...

"File As" Contact Field Blank
Hi, My "File As" Field is blank in when viewing my Contacts in Outlook 2003. Although the field is entered when completing a new contact, it remains blank when viewing the contact as an Address Card, or whatever. Any ideas how to fix this? I am using Office 2003 Professional. -- BadHead :) --- OS: Windows XP Professional SP2 PSU: Tagan 2 Force TG530-U22 530W MoBo: Abit AN8 Fatal1ty CPU: AMD64 3200 (Venice Core) HSF: AeroCool GT-1000 RAM: 1024Mb 400Ghz Patriot XBLK GPU: MSI NX6800 256MB (NV Silencer 5 Heatsink) Disks: 2X Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200Gb Case: Akasa Eclipse 62 Did...

Exchange 2003
Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 SP2 This is a very strange problem. I have one user who turns on his out of office assistant and the out of office messages are not sent internally or externally. All other users use out of office and the messages are sent properly both internally and externally. I have the option configured to allow this (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262352). I can't for the life of me figure out why this one user is having this problem. Everything appears to be configured for that user exactly the same as all the other users who ar...

Please help me: Refresh pivot table using another source file.
My supervisor put an interactive spreadsheet (or pivot table) on the web. Now he wants me to make changes to the spreadsheet so that when you click "Refresh" on the website, this spreadsheet gets new data from me rather than from my supervisor. How do I do this? Thanks for your help. ...

Backup help
I'm planning to make a backup routine for an application. My idea is as follows: 1. Make a backup of the whole application once a day. 2. Keep those backups saved for 3 months. 3. When the fourth month starts, delete all backups from the first month, except the one from the first day of that month. 4. When the fourth year starts, delete all backups from the first year. Is that a good strategy? Thanks in advance, John That is good except that you are not really keeping three months/years of backups because on the first day of the fourth month/year, you are deleting the first m...

need to retrieve recently deleted email in live mail
How can I retrieve mail that was accidentally deleted before it could be read? Open the "Deleted Items" folder under the affected account. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "manspirit1" <manspirit1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA3249CE-C52E-4F47-AD4A-F633E1A06D1A@microsoft.com... > How can I retrieve mail that was accidentally deleted before it could be > read? If it is(was) a Hotmail type account(Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com) using Pop3 and the message is not in your ...

Publisher file #2
I am preparing (as I do every month) a magazine formatted in booklet style. Whenever I close and reopen, it's turned itself into a web page! I can reconvert it via Page setup, but when I return to work some more, it's back in web page format. Any idea why? and what can I do to stop it, please? -- -------------------------------------------- Protected by Norton Antivirus What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lorna Dodd" <lorna.dodd@virgin.net> wrote in message news:ulvrWxi...

Exchange design
Please help with following scenario Set up: Company has a nation-wide Sendmail server that only does POP3 for every branch office in the nation, domain is us.company.com. One branch office decides to deploy SBS/Exchange internally for that office. Problem: internal domain is company.local, recipient policy has us.company.com for mail delivery. Everytime an employee from that office tries to email someone else who is outside of that office that piece of mail gets dropped (because AD user does not exist and because Exchange now handles us.company.com) How would I be able to make it so th...

Updating a Bank of America Account Help
This is my first time using MS Money 2005 Premium, and I need asisstance on how to update my Bank of America account. When I went through the wizard for setting up the bank account I entered everything it requested everything set up right I can see both my savings and checking account, but the problem is updating. When I try to update it, it doesn't do anything. Does MS Money even support automatic update from Bank of America? Please Help Thanks in Advance I think it depends on how Bank of America works their updates. I bank with Wells Fargo and the auto update does not work either. I...

Need to clear OPS drivers
Is there a way to find and remove ALL OPOS drivers - especially the ones apparently installed by pixies ( hardware vendors?) without any documentation? I just had an "experience" setting up Star TSP100 and cash drawers on RMS 1.3. Although I finally got everyting resolved (the last problem turned out to be a bad cable between the printer and the cash drawer), the headaches along the way were excaberated because I could not use the test software provided by Star Micronics. It claimed that another control object was already registered. The problem was that I had not installed an...

Need To Add VBA Tools Like A Date Picker
I have written a couple of VBA projects for my company. Most of the computers run them all fine but some do not. About half of the computers are running Windows XP Pro w/ Office XP Small Buisness and the other Half are running on Windows 2000 Pro w/ Office 2000 Small Business. My problem is that some of the office 2000 computers do not have Date Pickers in there VBA so they get errors when they try and run the programs. It says something like error: project cannot be found. I want to know where I can update my VBA tools from. Any help would be greatly apprecitated. Thanks, Mark ...

Index, Match??
Sheet2 has a list of all my part numbers in Column A and the surface areas in Column B. I'd like when I input a part number on Sheet1 on Column A for it to match the part number on Sheet 2 and put whats in Sheet 2 Column B on Sheet1 Column B. Thanks in advance Assuming that your part number is in A2 of Sheet1, put this in B2: =3DIF(A2=3D"","",IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A:B,2,0)),"not present",VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A:B,2,0))) That will handle errors of non-matching part numbers. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 6, 3:28=A0am, Richard <bobde...@yahoo.com> w...

merging files
I have two excel reports, formatted the same but with different data. how do i import the second excel file into a workbook of the first excel file? Hi one way: - open both workbooks - activate the workbook with the sheet to be exported and right-click on the tab name - choose 'Move/Copy' - choose your target workbook and check 'Copy' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany george wrote: > I have two excel reports, formatted the same but with > different data. how do i import the second excel file > into a workbook of the first excel file? ...

Outlook 2003 Upgrade Kept Old PST File Version, How to Fix?
I just upgraded a client to 2003 because of some issues with the PST file size in his Outlook XP (it crashed as he exceeded the 2GB limitation by about 200MB!). Anyway, the upgrade kept the file as a 97-2002 PST file which still has the 2GB limitation. I created a new data file that is the new version and was able to recover the other PST file, but I can't get Outlook to make that the default Outlook folder. I could move the email delivery to it, but not have Outlook open this file. I tried renaming the default PST to see if Outlook would then prompt me for a data file, but it wouldn&#...

Beginner needs help
hello together, i spent several hours on solving the following problem: all i want is a = application with a single document horizontally divided by a splitter. = within the above view(?) i want to be able to scribble (like in the = appropriate tutorial of microsoft) while the bottom view(???) should be = able to receive and display text. additionally i want to save and print = everything together (common document?). even though i read many = tutorials about splitters, i am far from solving this task. is there = anybody who can tell me something about the basic structure i have to = use - or ...

File, New Message
When you send a new email message from Outlook or Word 2003, you can start typing in the TO: email address and it shows a list of addresses to choose from (ones you have typed in before). This list of previous emails typed in seems to have been completely deleted, and I am starting over from scract - each time I type in a new email, it appears in the list the next time. How did this list get deleted? How does it get restored? I don't see anywhere do to it. I do use Norton Anti Virus and LavaSoft Ad-Adward spyware, could they have removed it? I have never had this problem before...