Need help with updating linked data

Hi,

I've searched the online help and elsewhere on the internet for
solution to my problem, but have had no luck so far.

I'm creating a report that is to be in one excel datasheet, then linke
across several powerpoint slides as one continuous table.

The data needs to be updated monthly and changes reflected in th
powerpoint automatically.

So, my newb question is; is it actually possible to do this, and how?

I've had no luck linking or embedding the file, I am unaware as to ho
to split it across several powerpoint slides whilst keeping the abilit
to link to the original file.

Thanks in advance for any help/comments/advice... :confused:

JR

Open Excel file and Powerpoint.
Copy Excel cells.
In Powerpoint Edit/Paste Special/
click the Paste Link option button.
OK.

The Powerpoint picture will now reflect changes in the Excel sheet

Trendling for each month when data is for 5 months
I have data from 1/1/08 thru 8/10/08 - how do i set a trending line for each month of data to be shown only for the monthly period Plot each month's worth of data as its own series, then apply a trendline to each series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rosemary" <Rosemary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E0C40A8-442B-4BE7-882D-31A9D2BD68C8@microsoft.com... >I have data from 1/1/08 thru 8/10/08 - how do i set a trending line for >eac...

Amazon links
We are starting up MS RMS with a link to STOREFRONT for our website. We are also an AMAZON vendor. Is there any applications to bridge our inventory over to Amazon.com just like we can with Storefront? Thanks! Please respond by email also! Mickie Repecka mickie@mickiesplace.com Mickie's Place Outdoor Gear www.mickiesplace.com www.doggear.com ...

Writing Data to an External File
Hello all, I have an Excel file (userfile.xls) that users make a copy and use it to make analysis. I want to track who uses it and the date that uses the file. I need some help with the code, and the code will be part of Workbook_Open code and will execute when the userfile.xls file is opened. I am looking for the code that will put the username in Cell A1 of Sheet1 in the userfile.xls file. Then it will populate the username and the date (e.g. now()) into an external Excel tracking file (trackfile.xls) under columns A and B for username and date, respectively. If C...

PLEASE HELP! WMM to DVD problem
Hi All, First let me apologize for not having the time to make a formal introduction post but I have been pulling my hair out here trying to take what is a nice and clear 30 minute video in WMM and transfer it to DVD with custom menu and such. I am using Winodws Vista on a Sony Vaio laptop. Now the film as I see it in WMM is nice and clear and the sound is nice and stereo-sounding. It is an .avi in the timeline and is only one large file that is already edited. As I said, it looks clear and sounds clear in the preview pane. Now I have ripped through an entire 50 pack of blank ...

Linking to CSV text files is it safe
Hi If I link to a CSV ( comma seperated value) file does access think of this as a table with records and behave the same way. I was wondering what would happen if you had say 5000 records in a text file and each record had 50 fields Would it be slower than if the 5000 records were in an Access Table. Can anybody give me some info on problems or limits on this type of action. An example of potential problem maybe and could be if the computer over writes the text file with updated data while the database is reading records from it. Any comments most welcome Steve - From a land down under ...

MSExch2003 Cluster, change drive letters data path
I am wondering on the correct procedure for changing the drives for Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. The Exchange 2003 Clustered resource was created with a 'data path' = m:\exchsrvr This resulted in all of the databases, SMTP, MTA, Search folders being created within this folder. I can change the database directories using ESM, SMTP directories using ESM x.400 (MTA) directory using ESM I can change the MTA Run Directory by editing the registry when the server is active and manually changing the path I have not been able to change the Search directory (either by ed...

How long "IF" can work? -help
Hi, I'm using the "IF" command to automatically set my students gred from A,B+,B,C+,C,D, and F. It's all work well until this semester the institution revises the gredding scheme to A,A-,B+,B,B-,C+,C,C-,D+,D, and F. My problem is that I can't seems to program more than 8 (9 if including the final arguments) but i need to be able to put 11 arguments in the formula. Is 9 the final limit of the "IF" command in Excel 2000? How to overcome this problem and how about Excel 2002/XP? If anybody can clarify this? thank you. Fawaz, Malaysia. Try using VLOO...

External Link
How I can detect which cells of the spread sheet are having external links. can somebody help me on this. thanks ...

Macro help needed... #2
New to VBA, I'm struggling to do the following in a worksheet:- For all the cells in the sheet; Begin. If the cell.interior.colorindex is 1 (black) or 15 (light grey), do nothing except move on to the next cell and go back to Begin. If the cell value has anything other than 2 or 3 characters or letters, do nothing except move on to the next cell and go back to Begin. Otherwise, using Select Case, set the background color to an index linked to a particular string in the value, except that if the 2-or-3 character value is not found in the case list, do not change the backgroun...

HELP Needed: AddJob function not working from XP desktop
I have an application that has been running for many years. It uses AddJob to send an ai file to the printer. Now we are starting to put some XP machines on our desktops and the print functions are not working. My code calls AddJob with Null as the buffer. The return value in cbNeeded tells me how large the buffer should be. So then, I create the buffer and call AddJob again accordingly. This works fine under other operating systems.... 95, 98, etc.... With XP, I'm getting error 1784: The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation. code is similar to: BYTE* bBuf = ...

Owners of HP dv6-1299er Artist Edition help please
Could someone with HP dv6-1299er Artist Edition laptop send a file for me with its original Artist Edition 2 theme. I reinstalled my Vista and lost it. Thanks a lot. -- AFletcher "AFletcher" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:8e33ff091635227c7f93be803cea0d17@nntp-gateway.com... > > Could someone with HP dv6-1299er Artist Edition laptop send a file for > me with its original Artist Edition 2 theme. I reinstalled my Vista and > lost it. Thanks a lot. > > > -- > AFletcher ....and your Vista problem is? -- "...

Disabled AD account--Help!!
We had recently termed an employee, and our first step was to disable the account. We re-enabled it shortly thereafter to back up the email, however, it will not let us log into that account. I've reset passwords, updated RUS several times, and waited about 45 minutes. I just disabled it and enabled it again to see if it would kick into gear with no success. So as it stands now, the account is Enabled, with a fresh password reset, but I cannot get into the account. Our only logon attempts thus far have been through OWA... [UPDATE] I can log into a domain computer with the account,...

Deleting a store's data from HQ?
I am still looking for a way to delete all of a store's data from RMS HQ. I have deleted the store, but its data still exists, showing up on reports and the like. Suggestions? Jason Arche McPhee ...

linking data with other workbooks
Hello, I have a spreadsheet (FrontEnd.xls) whos cell gets data from another spreadsheet using (='C:\junk\[BackEnd.xls]Sheet1'!C3). I then close both spreadsheets and open BackEnd.xls and insert a column causing the BackEnd data to now be C4. Now when I open the FrontEnd.xls I am asked if I want to update the links. After choosing "Yes", the cell is still pointing to "'C:\junk\[BackEnd.xls]Sheet1'!C3" rather then to C4. Is there a way to have the FrontEnd.xls spreadsheet update cell references that have shifted because of insertions or deletion of...

Add new Data Series in Excel 2007
Back in the old days in Excel 2003 when I had a graph and I wanted to add a new data series all I had to do was click on Chart-->Add Data and it was easy to do. How do I add a new data series, and more importantly tell it whether I want the first column to be the x-values etc. Like in the old days when I added in data series to a previously established chart? Hi, Select the chart then use the ribbon, Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data > Add. Or right click chart, Select Data > Add. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info &...

How to link the network database?
Hello all: I want to program a code about database using vc,I want to put the database in the server and the application is put in the local PC.I know if I want to link the database in the server from local PC with ODBC, I must set the database to be shared in.I think it may be insecurities. who could tell how to do?thank you very much. ...

I need to delete over 300 Unit accounts
I have over 300 unit accounts that I need to delete. When I try to do a Mass Modify and delete them, I get a message that each account has either current or historical data. Sure enound, when I go through the Cards for these accounts, some have historical data while others have current year balances. Since these are not finaincial data accounts, there must be a way to delete such accounts, right? Please? Thanks for your help Jim Hi Jim, I think you need to remove transaction history for these accounts in order to delete them. You will not be able to remove (delete)...

how to generate data from graph in excel
I've a graph (source data of which is not avalable), from which I want to extract data (X & Y values). Can anyone guide me how to do this? Hi, Take a look here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300643 Mike "Vads" wrote: > I've a graph (source data of which is not avalable), from which I want to > extract data (X & Y values). Can anyone guide me how to do this? Excel 2007 Translated http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300643 macro into Excel 2007 VBA code. http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/11_21_09.xlsm ...

Calculating a value but omitting cells with empty data
I want to calculate a value based on several cells in say row 4. However, I do not want to include values in any columns that do not also have a non-missing value in, say, row3. Thus my calculated cell in, say column A, should have some syntax like: IF A3 <> MISSING THEN < do calculation of value> I hope this is clear. What is the proper syntax for the pseudocode that I have above? Thanks! Depends on what your calculation is. Are you summing, counting, multiply, etc.?Each has their own formula structure. For instance, the basic summing one is =SUMIF(3:3,"<>&...

Cannot update
Platform WinXP SP3 When I try to pull down updates from MS sites a window comes up saying that these sites ate only for WINDOWS not MAC. ie. somewhere along the line my machine is being read as a MAC machine. I only have as above, no second OS etc, but for a couple of months I cannot pull down updates. Dave On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 18:38:38 +1000, "David" <dtmail@bigpond.com> wrote: > >Platform WinXP SP3 > >When I try to pull down updates from MS sites a window comes up saying that >these sites ate only for WINDOWS not MAC. ie. somewhere alon...

Payroll Tax update
How do I grant rights to DYNSA to do a payroll tax update? For some reason 'sa' is not a user and we have been unable to add it as a user. We are unable to update our payroll taxes. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Tracey D ...

fixing or freezing cell links
I have a multi-sheet workbook in which forumlas in one sheet link to cells on subsequent sheets. When I insert a column in one of the referred to sheets the forumlas automatically change to the "new" location (e.g. C25 become D25). Is there a way to prevent the forumlas from changing as I insert columns? Hi try =INDIRECT("'sheet1'!C25") >-----Original Message----- >I have a multi-sheet workbook in which forumlas in one sheet link to cells on subsequent sheets. When I insert a column in one of the referred to sheets the forumlas automatically change to the...

Update Rollup 3 won't install properly
Hi, After running lots of updates on SBS 2008 server, I finally was offered the Update Rollup 3 to alleviate the problem of my Win7 box not being able to connect. However, I am getting an error when trying to install the patch. After about 40%, the install fails with Code 6BA. Also, the "New Updates are available" baloon pops up in the system tray, offering to install it again. I've tried restarting the server, but can't seem to install this update. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Geordie GeordieB wrote: > Hi, > > After running lots of u...

CRM to CRM data import
I am trying to figure out if its possible to import data into a MS CRM system from an existing MS CRM. We wanted to change the main Organization Unit but found out that its not possible, now we are trying to get another instance up and import data from old instance. Any comments/help? Thanks Unfortunately, you need to use the CRM Data Migration Framework. Mike "Farooq" <farooq@managepoint.com> wrote in message news:%23egr8Dl%23DHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am trying to figure out if its possible to import data into a MS CRM > system from an existing MS CRM. ...

HELP! Seeking Instructions to Create Report of POS (NOT RMS) Discounts Applied #3
We need to run monthly reports to determine how many of our different Discounts are claimed/used and the proceeds not tendered. We have offered a number of discounts to customers and employees as incentives and cannot find a method to track how each discount is applied (e.g., buy one, get one free with coupon). The built-in Discounted Sales report in POS 2.0 lists only the resulting Sale Price; we seek to have the report sorted by PresetDiscount type but the Advanced Report Filter dialog does not list Discount in the Field dropdown box and we can't locate the table in which transactions...