need help with conditional format

Hi,

I am having problems with "conditional formatting". I use 3 columns of
data and on my last column is where I apply the "conditional format".

In the beginning I had it all set up and it worked perfectly. Now when I
open the same file, the "conditional formatting" on my data always
disappears.

That last column I have problems with was set with 3 markers: a green
arrow up, neutral yellow bar, and a red arrow down.

So every time I redo the "conditional format" to set it up the way I
want, the arrows disappear when I close the file but the data stays the
same.

Is this a natural problem for many people?

--
Tonnyjj

Help #10
Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have made a receiving log for different suppliers. The first two lines is the same in all the sheets. What I have done is make one workbook with 30 different sheets each one being a supplier and the first one being a master sheet. Is there any way to make it so if I change anything on the master sheet it will change on the other sheets. The only thing is that I don't want all the information to change just the two first lines. Thank you and have a great day Jessica ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted fro...

HELP! Adding Account Features in Money
Any Money users here? I had been using Quicken for ten years and it does not have a feature to add a VUL (insurance) policy where I have "investments" to track in the policy. Does Money have that feature? Please help. I am considering in switching to Money if it does. Money Mazed In microsoft.public.money, Adelfa wrote: >Any Money users here? I had been using Quicken for ten >years and it does not have a feature to add a VUL >(insurance) policy where I have "investments" to track in >the policy. Does Money have that feature? Please help. I >am cons...

How to save spreadshhet in ASCII format?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C48706.E76906F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to save an Excel spreadshet in a format (I think it would be = ASCII) suitable for importing to another software package. The file = widths (fields) need to be exact. For some reason I am unable to find a = format in Excel that will work. I am using MS Office Pro 2002. =20 Thanks in advance for your assistance. WF ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C48706.E76906F0 Content-Type: text/html; cha...

Help with using data
Hi I would really appreciate some help with extracting data from Outlook. I have been building up a database of clients/prospectives, these are in various categories. I would like to extract/search on various fields as well as my own categories, all i can do with export is extract the whole lot to a tab delimited file. Or export categories to an rge file which I can't use. Any ideas out there? thanks Outlook's Search doesn't suffice? There are 3rd party search applications that might help. What sprcifically stops you from exporting to a format other than TSV? There are other...

GDI Help Please
Windows ME, HP 970CXI Printer, Publisher 2000 Keep getting the following error message when I try to print from Publisher: Mspub has caused an error in GDI.EXE. MSpub will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer. I just installed the latest driver that I received from HP,and I keep getting this problem. It's getting very fustrating. Can anyone help? Update your video driver and your problems should be over. Next time buy a quality brand of printer, not a lemon brand. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are tortu...

Help with simple arithmetic
i have the following declaration and piece of code Dim netProfit As Long netProfit = (7364 - 2298) * 20 Why does it fail with "runtime error 6" Overflow. the result should be 101320, should be okay for Long right ? Any help appreciated. Thanx --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The right hand side involves only integers, so it evaluates as an integer expression (which overflows). The final result (if it hadn't overflowed) would then be coerced to long. To perform the multiplication as a long instead of an integer, at least one of the numbers must be ...

Data format for pages
I want to change the format control properties "DataFormatAs" to a currency in Data Access Page (access 2000). Its asking for a code but I dont how?. Its easier in newer versions Select the Data Access Page > choose design > double click the field/cell whose format you want changed > Hit Design tab > Format > Change to Currency. -- HTP Adnan "Newguy" wrote: > I want to change the format control properties "DataFormatAs" to a currency > in Data Access Page (access 2000). Its asking for a code but I dont how?. Its > easier in newer ...

Option Buttons Help
I hope I can explain my problem if you need further details please advise: I have 6 Option Buttons (Form Control) on a worksheet, when I click (Checked) any of them the rest automatically unchecked themselves, how can I modify them, since I want to create two groups of 3 Option Button on each group so if I click (checked) any of the Option Button in a group of 3 it does not unchecked any of the Option Buttons on the other group of 3? Thanks in Advance Saul Put each group into its own groupbox (also on that Forms toolbar). sAYk wrote: > > I hope I can explain my problem if you n...

Blanks as a condition of a statement
How is it possible to do a function based on if a cell is blank or not. Such as the following for cell a1: IF b1 is not blank then add b1-c1 else don't do anything in a1. I have tried but can't get anything to go. Thanks in advance, Lee =IF(B1<>"",B1-C1,"") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) <Stuck on Blanks> wrote in message news:4383062f.5bc.41@news2... > How is it possible to do a function based on if a cell is > blank or not. Such as the following for cell a1: > IF b1 is not blank then add b1-c1 else d...

Macro Help Please excel 2003
I need a button so that when pressed it exports the data from the cell range sheet 1: A21:S81, it also exports the info from the same range A21:S81 on sheet 2 to an external excel workbook. I need it to export all the data onto sheet 1 of the external workbook, and each time the button is pressed it needs to find the first available row of the external workbook and copy over, this is so that all data is always saved on a massive long list. Thanks Neil. let us stick on to the original post. I have posted a response for your latest request. -- Jacob "Neil H...

Need Advise for Two Email Domains
Hello-- We currently receive email to our domain "abc.com" and want to eventually switch over to another domain we own, "xyz.net." For about three months, we want to receive email to both domains until our members get used to the new address. I added an MX and Host A record in our DNS server and we get email internally to the new "xyz.net" address. I contacted our ISP that hosts our website and had them create a new MX record with the new domain there, but we still cannot get email sent to the "xyz.net" address that is sent from the outside. Ca...

Time Formating
I need to know how to format a cell for time. I need to have the cell formatted so that when I type in the cell say 125211 or 12 52 11 it will automatically appear as 12:52:11. For a possible solution see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Denise" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4804E8F2-C978-48DC-B163-67029B218F7F@microsoft.com... > I need to know how to format a cell for time. I need to have the cell formatted so that when I type in the cell say 125211 or 12 52 11 it will automatically appear as ...

MSCRM API failing with User defined fields.Help !

Need help editing budget
In many catagories of my budget, the budgeted amount includes a billed amount rather than only what I budgeted. When I go to edit budget, I highlight the area I want to change and a copy of the reoccuring bill shows up. What am I doing wrong? ...

DataSet Question-Please Help
I need to compare the count of an amount of matches in one column to a match of a dataset in 2 columns- An example is best: Column 1 Column 2 Result 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 3 4 blank 3 5 blank So in looking at column 1 and 2 if the count of column 1 equals the count of column 1 and 2 matching then the new column equals co...

help with lookup formula (SHEET 1 attatched)
I need to make a formula using a lookup. The first spreadsheet is a inventory (ALO INVENTORY JP). The second (P&G 103) is a chart tha tells number of gallons of alcohol per foot/inch/fraction. On ALO INVENTORY JP I insert the # of feet, inches, and the fraction i cells R5 and T5. I want these numbers to lookup the number of gallon off of the P&G 103 worksheet. For example: P&G 103 (on inventory sheet) is 26ft 4 1/2 inches, i should look-up to be 34572 gal. for the 26'4" and 55 gal. for the 1/2" These two numbers should be added together and multiplied by the numbe ...

need help managing volume size
XP pro I use an array for automated daily backup, I have set up three folders on the array A,B, C. Problems: The array stops accepting data after it reaches a certain level so backups are not executed until I notice and take action. I also wish to keep the size of each folder at a certain level. Right now I am merging files across the array initially loading files into the first folder (A) than moving to the next (B), then the last (C), then purging from the last folder (C) using a program called delinda which uses the files' creation date as the trigger for merging and purging....

conditional formatting
I have a conditional format which the formula indicates true for column "A" and column "B" background shades red. how do I set up so columns "A-T" highlight red and set-up so all rows 1-400 are formatted when column "A" is true? I have tried and cannot get it to work...thanks Joe First select A1:T400, then use CF of =$A1 Bob Umlas Excel MVP "joe@malvern" wrote: > I have a conditional format which the formula indicates true for column "A" > and column "B" background shades red. how do I set up so...

An error occured and this feature is no longer functioning properly. help!
This is what I get when saving my workbook. also it offers install some soft to repair the "feature". A runtime error happens when installing. I don't understand what feature is it about. Before that I made a copy of this book in csv format (when saving as csv, I also got a message that some features will not be compatible with csv format and I agreed because I guessed it was about a command button in the worksheet). When I opened xls book next time and tried to save it, it gave me the subj message, but saved after all in the end. I wonder if it is likely to cause me problems i...

HELP WITH A MAIL MERGE
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm ...

Script for changing users date format
Hi, Is there an easy way to change a bunch of users date format in one go? Thanks, Sophie Hi Sophie, Have you look into using workflow to update the data format field fo the users? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Dec 16, 6:27=A0pm, Sophie <Sop...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is there an easy way to change a bunch of users date format in one go? > > Thanks, > Sophie Hi Darren, Thanks for getting back to me. I can't find anywhere in the workflow an option to change the date format? Thanks, Sophie &qu...

Formatting within this macro
I am new to VBA and can follow along fairly well, but don't know how to do certain things. I have the following macro that runs like a champ, but now I need to automatically format the SummarySheet. Specifically, I need to set Columns A,C,E and G to a width of 2 and to have a color of Light Gray (in Office 2010 it's White, Background 1, Darker 25%). I also need to set Rows 1 and 3 to a height of 6 and have a color of Light Gray. Then I need to change the output font to Tahoma, 12, Bold. Finally, I have to have a cell at the bottom of Column F that says "Totals&q...

File format is invalid
I have a file that I update and save daily. yesterday when I went t open it I got the following message: File Format Not Valid. This pop up in middle of the screen. the only option it gives me is a butto that says OK. I have tried to recover an old version of the file usin the windows recovery tool but I keep this file on an external driv which it does not recover. Any help with how to get this file bac would be greatly appreciated. Pau -- pserra ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pserra2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Can you apply split colour formatting to the same cell?
Hi, I'm looking to apply more than one colour format to the same cell, split diagonally from right to left (one colour being orange, the other being white/uncoloured). I don't want stripes, just two blocks of colour making up the cell background. Slightly bizarre question, I know, but it's for a work diary for a department with colour representing 'busy' and white/uncoloured representing 'available'. As I'm busy for the first half of the day, I want to split the cell in half. At the moment I just have a diagonal line and the whole cell in orange, but wan...

Formatting "Caps" in a Style
Using Word 2007 Is it possible to include the changing of font case to Capitalize Each Word in a paragraph style? I would like the text to appear as: This Text Is In 'Capitalize Each Word' Case I would also like to avoid the use of Shift+F3, if I can. TIA David Word only has "paragraph" and "character" styles. There is no "word" style, which is what you would need to achieve what you are after. The following code will capitalize each word of the selected text: Selection.Range.Case = wdTitleWord -- Hope this helps, Doug R...