Need help with axis

Hello~

Is there a way so that the x-axis starts at the same 0 point as the y-axis?

I suppose it's easier to explain with pictures
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?785076464e.jpg

I want to make it so that the 0 on the x-axis uses the same 0 that is on the
y-axis.

I can cut out the 0 manually from the x-axis so it starts at 5, but then it
doesn't start from 0, it starts from 5.

Here is the data,
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?0d8f4a85b9.jpg

Thanks~
0
Heiji1412 (2)

Have you used an x-y scatter graph.  That should go through the 0,0 point for
you
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Heiji1412" wrote:

> Hello~
>
> Is there a way so that the x-axis starts at the same 0 point as the y-axis?
>
> I suppose it's easier to explain with pictures
> http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?785076464e.jpg
>
> I want to make it so that the 0 on the x-axis uses the same 0 that is on the
> y-axis.
>
> I can cut out the 0 manually from the x-axis so it starts at 5, but then it
> doesn't start from 0, it starts from 5.
>
> Here is the data,
> http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?0d8f4a85b9.jpg
>
> Thanks~
0
John1063 (943)
9/30/2007 8:40:01 PM
The x-axis does start at 0, the same 0 as the y-axis. Excel centers the data
series in the plot area. The 0, 5, 10, 15, 30, 45 are labels, not values.

"Heiji1412" <Heiji1412@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello~
>
> Is there a way so that the x-axis starts at the same 0 point as the
> y-axis?
>
> I suppose it's easier to explain with pictures
> http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?785076464e.jpg
>
> I want to make it so that the 0 on the x-axis uses the same 0 that is on
> the
> y-axis.
>
> I can cut out the 0 manually from the x-axis so it starts at 5, but then
> it
> doesn't start from 0, it starts from 5.
>
> Here is the data,
> http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?0d8f4a85b9.jpg
>
> Thanks~

0
Wondering1 (40)
10/1/2007 12:22:07 AM
Ah yeah, that did, thanks both of you~

Oh, I know that the x-axis starts at 0, but it just looks better if they
both start at the same point.

"John" wrote:

> Have you used an x-y scatter graph.  That should go through the 0,0 point for
> you
> --
> John
> MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003
> Please reply & rate any replies you get
>
> Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)
>

> "Heiji1412" wrote:
>
> > Hello~
> >
> > Is there a way so that the x-axis starts at the same 0 point as the y-axis?
> >
> > I suppose it's easier to explain with pictures
> > http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?785076464e.jpg
> >
> > I want to make it so that the 0 on the x-axis uses the same 0 that is on the
> > y-axis.
> >
> > I can cut out the 0 manually from the x-axis so it starts at 5, but then it
> > doesn't start from 0, it starts from 5.
> >
> > Here is the data,
> > http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?0d8f4a85b9.jpg
> >
> > Thanks~
0
Heiji1412 (2)

Formula help #3
Sheet1 has a name in A1 & a number in B1, name in A2 number in B2 and s on (numbers will continually be changed). On sheet2 I used =a or = and so on (the results of =a or =b are the names from sheet 1). Wha I want to accomplish is every time I type =a or =b and the name appear I also want the result from sheet1 B1 and so on to appear in the cel directly below. Not very experienced just learning. Looking fo help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ljsimm You post is a bit vague, but if you mean you want B1 on sheet 2 to match up with the name on Sheet 1. Try: =IF(...

Iterative Calculation help needed
I have the following information A1 - Balance at the beginning of calculation A2 - Annualized payment A3 - Interest rate divided by # of payments per year A4 - Number of years * # of payments per year I'm trying to calulate the total ((A1-A2)*(1+A3)) - I need to do this over and over up until I've don it A4 times. I can do it for each period but I want to do it all in one cell, i possible. How can I have it plug the new number into A1 and repeat th calculation A4 times. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi there You might find that the PMT function coul...

HELP! #2
I just had a cluster failover and fail back and for whatever reason, now when users go into Outlook and type the name of a public folder or newsgroup on the To: line they see the name of the group plus some sort of SID looking string next to it. For example, instead of just seeing thename of the group they are seeing: company.newsgroupname <newsgroupname34239492038902385092845923> What's going on? Help! Dan Dan, Are there any errors in the event logs pertaining to access of AD or anything like that? C. Smith Enso Technologies, Incorporated http://www.ensotech.com On Wed,...

i am receiving every emai twice?? can anyone help with this issue
I would appreciate any advice cheers, See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/duplicates.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "ETA" <ETA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5939A41A-2CBC-415A-BA84-C14C2FD19084@microsoft.com... > I would appreciate any advice > > cheers, ...

Data Validation using List (But needs unique list in drop down lis
Hi all, In sheet 1, column A is my title name while column B is person name. Sheet 1 is my database where i do data entry in this. In sheet 2, contains my query page. In cell A5, i uses data validation - list, on this cell. Say in sheet 1 : column A column B XXXXXXX Mr A YYYYYYYY Mr A ZZZZZZZZ Mr A AAAAAAA Mr B WWWWW Mr C DDDDDDD Mr C But In sheet 2, cell A5, I saw in the drop down list as follows: Mr A Mr A Mr A Mr B Mr C Mr C But i want to see this in cell A5 instead (Unique name that is) : Mr A Mr B Mr C ...

Error message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
I am unable to open Outlook - get the error message above EACH time I try to launch it. I am running Windows XP, have Norton installed, checked the firewall allows Outlook. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Outlook and downloaded and installed the service pack update. I followed some suggestions on this discussion site as suggested by Nikkin in the response to: "John Frustrated" <fortlaud@mail.com> Sent: 5/1/2004 8:36:21 AM. but nothing works. Can anyone help? What suggestions have you tried? I don't recall the message you are referring to. Rename outcmd.dat an...

Need HELP with Exchange Restore/Recovery
Details: 2003 sp2 Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 sp1 Server Enterprise C: drive is 100GB Logical Drive over x4 36GB drives in a RAID 5 set D: drive is 280GB Logical Drive over x5 70GB drives in a RAID 5 set Domain Controller Last night I upgraded our 2003 sp1 Exchange to sp2 + any O/S hot fixes and DST fix. No problem with the upgrade or hot fix, but @ about 200 a.m. I lost two of the five drives in the RAID 5 set (drive D) that had the exchange install. I’m currently replacing the hardware & bringing up the drives & going to recreate the D: drive. (server is bootable) I h...

Help!! Need Recovery!
So I went to open my excell file as usual and suddenly I have 10 or so instances openned. As I was closing them I saved one that turned out to be an old version, REAL OLD, like 2 weeks or so. No I desparataly need to get back to where I was. I tried to use the recovery utility under Microsoft Tools, but there are no available dates to revert to. I have no other way of reverting the document. Anyone know what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.- Kjellster :D ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and ...

Sloooow. PLEASE HELP
Hi All, I have two questions first is where do I find the Windows 7 Disscussion Group. Have posted here because was unable to locate the windows 7 Discussion Group. My computer which is a SAMSUNG N110 3 months old has become very very very slow. It has Windows 7 installed I have upgraded the memory to two GIG. I have antivirus software and Anti Malware bytes installed. The problem i have is that the machine seems to slow down and sometimes crash whenever I click on internet explorer and many other applications such as office 2007 etc, etc. I have run the Norton Virus pr...

Pivot Chart: Stop skipping Dates on X-Axis
I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for each day. Except somedays which may have only the one piece of data from Table 2 or none at all. How do I get the table to automatically fill in all the days whether they have information or not? =?Utf-8?B?UHJpbmNl?= <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5EF53AB-6063-434F-BFC3-43259301751D@microsoft.com: > I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one > table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for &...

Need CD to Uninstall
We have 6 computers all ordered at the same time from Dell that have have unopened Office XP Small Business Addition CD's in thier packaging (from 3 years ago). Now we change our domain identity with an upgrade to Small Bus Server and the CD's are required to open any Office application. For some unknow reason one of the computers has Office XP Pro with Front Page and will not let us do anything without THAT CD and we don't have it - we only have the Small Bus Addition. We can't even uninstall the Office XP Pro without the correct CD which we don't have. We tried...

Help to build a table
Please help me to build a table similar to this one The number on the first column will change after 16 times, it will go in sequence from 1001, 1002, etc… The number in the second column will change after 4 times and it will go from 1 to 4 The number in the 3rd column will go from 1 to 4 2nd and 3rd column will keep the same pattern. Cabinet Shelf Location 1001 1 1 1001 1 2 1001 1 3 1001 1 4 1001 2 1 1001 2 2 1001 2 3 1001 2 4 1001 3 1 1001 3 2 1001 3 3 1001 3 4 1001 4 1 1001 4 2 1001 4 3 1001 4 4 1002 1 1 1002 1 2 1002 1 3 1002 1 4 1002 2 1 1002 2 2 1002 2...

My computer has stopped recognizing my memory card
This just happened today. The card was purchased the day after Thanksgiving so it's very new. It is a 4GB SD card from HP. I don't believe this is a hardware problem as my digital camera Lexar 1GB Memory Stick Duo card and adapter worked just fine today in the same slot. There has been no damage to the card. It has a write-protection lock on the side and I've tried the card with and without the lock on - neither way worked. I've also checked "My Computer" and confirmed that the computer is not listing my card as a drive any longer. I really need to get t...

Switching x-axis & y-axis on line chart
I am working with a large data spreadsheet with year, number and currency data. My problem is when I extract data to create a standard line chart, the chart is defaulting to a specific x-axis and y-axis format with data related to each axis. For visualization purposes, I would prefer to have the data that is currently presented on the x-axis to instead be presented on the y-axis. And likewise, I would like the y-axis data be presented in the x-axis. However, I have been unable to figure out how to do this and the MS Excel Help menu does not seem to address this. Can anyone help? If ...

Help writing a formula
I have a huge database that I need to create numbering for each line like this example: AK-233 (2 letter state, a dash, and 1-4 digit number), but the number doesn't change each line - sometimes the number will be duplicated on multiple lines because those lines have the same title, I also need to create another cell extending that letter/number combo that will differentiate the 1st cell. So the first cell stays the same if the title is the same. The second cell adds another layer of numbering to differentiate the first cell. See example: (Row1, Col 1-4) AK-1, AK-1-1, Title1...

Receiving 2 of every message
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

Help with RANK
Hi I need to rank 100+ numbers but I can't get the formula right. All th numbers are in one column, but not all the rows e.g. I need to Ran G1:G11 and G13:G25 and G32:G40 etc. How can you put in more than on reference? The cells G12,G26:G31 etc have numbers in them that I don' want ranked RANK(number,ref,order -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =RANK(G1,MyList) where mylist is a selection of ranges defined with a single name, eg select all your ranges and do Insert / Name / Define, then call it MyList. Now use it in the rank formula and then copy the formula ...

HELP! Outlook Keeps Receiving Same E-Mail Messages
Hello: I keep getting the same 6 e-mail messages. This is after calling Norton and Comcast re receiving the same 3 e-mail messages (538 of them since midnight Dec 3!). Of course, it was not their problem, so it must be Outlook. Any thoughts. It sounds like you have an email message with a large attachment that is bogging down your account. What happens with the email is once you have connected to your ISP and clicked on the send/receive button if the connection is lost it will start over again until it can pull all of your messages in 1 sweep. You will need to log on to your accou...

Dialog getting hidden under HELP file
HI all, In my application I have a dialog & I launch HELP file from that dialog using F1 key. After that If I move the help file to one corner so that a part of the dialog is visible & click on the dialog & move it,it is moving,but when it comes over the HELP file,it is not overlapping but getting hidden under that. can anybody tell me what should I do to make it overlap the help file or give me a link that can help. Thanks in advance. Yes, that's how it is supposed to work. Help is a completely separate program, so its relationship to windows in ...

Re: Could someone please help me with formulas
sorry typo http://www.eaglepi.com/formula/example.xls "No" <no@isp.com> wrote in message news:... > I created a workbook and tried to explain the best I could how everything > should be. you can download the workbook at, > http://www.eaglepi.com/formlua/example.xls > > I really appreciate everyones help on this..... > > > "CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message > news:%235IxtFEHFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Maybe in cell J2 you could put the formula =H2+I2, which would give you > the > > sum of the C...

HELP! Record Macro in TOOLS > MACRO is gone!
I was in Customize function trying to enable the Stop Recording toolbar and now in TOOLS > MACRO the Record Macro option is gone. I'm working on a project and I need this back. Can someone help? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks, Joe M. Try this: In the customize window > click the Options tab > push the reset toolbars & menus button. Exit excel and re-load it Micky "Joe M." wrote: > I was in Customize function trying to enable the Stop Recording toolbar and > now in TOOLS > MACRO the Record Macro option is gone. I'm working on a ...

Updates not installed
KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? Is there a specific reason? What can I do? Cherry wrote: > KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? > Is there a specific reason? What can I do? So you have Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 installed? Or just Microsoft Works and some 'viewers' for Microsoft Office 2007? Or had Works installed but installed Office 2007 and did not fully remove Works? Or just Outlook 2007 and InfoPath 2007 and Microsoft Works? Have you tried downloading the patches manually and ...

Please help
When I delete an email from the list of emails on the left sometimes it deletes an additional email right below it, it doesn't happen all the time and the only thin that I can do to make it happen is to open both emails separately then when I delete one from the list on the left it will delete another one and I don't always notice it so I am deleting emails that I don't want to and don't realize until later, also sometimes when I reply to email it will create a blank draft in the background that I don't realize is there unless I quit entourage ...

Recovery Storage Group
Hello. We're running Exchange 2003 SP1 on a Windows 2003 server. I need help with Recovery Storage Groups. I followed the following link to setup my Recovery Storage Group in Exchange: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx Then, I ran the MS Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool. It told me: "A recovery storage group exists on server MY_SERVER_NAME. This should only exist during data recovery. Once recovery is complete, the recovery storage group must be deleted through the ESM"... I'm confused. I thought I wanted t...

Help!!!Very Important. others can see your emails!!!
I just noticed that if you are in an organization, using outlook,when you click on Addressbook button and type in someones name from Global Addres list, then hit the Properties button, then hit the personal Address Book, then hit the Activities tab, you can see that persons' entire emails. How can I stop that, so no one can see my mails? What you're looking at are the items in **your** Outlook folders related to that person. That's perfectly normal. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and...