Need Help Charting Data #2

Thanks Julie.

what are the headings for the column and how do you want to see th
data

I would like to see both columns besides date on 'Y' axis.  Basically
I would like to see the values in both column B and C for a given date
Column 'B' is system physical memory and column 'C' is logical memor
for the system on a given date.

how many rows of data are we talking about

There are approximately 3000 rows in this set of data.  Each date ha
approximately 96 readings except a few days where I have about 10
readings.

what is the date range of the
data (assuming 10-05-04 is a date) .. have you look into pivot charts?

It starts with 10-05-04 and goes to 11-04-04.  The data is static and
am taking a file from where the information is written to and putting i
into excel to do some analysis.  In the future, I might look into se
how this file can be used by excel dynamically.

Regards,
Mudassa

--
mzafa
mzafar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1609

Hi Mudassar

there is no way that you can "effectively" chart 3000 rows, so my advice
would be to use a pivot table to summarise the daily information
- this is the way i would do it
assuming headings in row 1 are date, physical memory, logical memory
put the date in the row section of the pivot table and the memory fields in
the data section, right mouse click on where it says sum of physical memory,
choose field settings and change it to average, do the same for logical
memory
now click on the chart wizard icon on the PIVOT TABLE toolbar and you'll
have a graph of the information which.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"mzafar" <mzafar.1f9btc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Thanks Julie.
>
> what are the headings for the column and how do you want to see the
> data
>
> I would like to see both columns besides date on 'Y' axis.  Basically,
> I would like to see the values in both column B and C for a given date.
> Column 'B' is system physical memory and column 'C' is logical memory
> for the system on a given date.
>
> how many rows of data are we talking about
>
> There are approximately 3000 rows in this set of data.  Each date has
> approximately 96 readings except a few days where I have about 101
> readings.
>
> what is the date range of the
> data (assuming 10-05-04 is a date) .. have you look into pivot charts?
>
> It starts with 10-05-04 and goes to 11-04-04.  The data is static and I
> am taking a file from where the information is written to and putting it
> into excel to do some analysis.  In the future, I might look into see
> how this file can be used by excel dynamically.
>
> Please let me know if you need more information.
>
> Regards,
> Mudassar
>

> --
> mzafar
> mzafar's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16096
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275447

0
JulieD1 (2295)

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

Linking files 2 ways

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Looking for Excel Help