multiple y axis in xy chart

is there any options or macros avialable for creating multiple y axis in the
xy chart.
my application is that i want plot a graph for various values at a time as
the list below

x             y1     y2       y3          y4
10.00pm 0.5   1000       10        50
10.30 pm     0.6  1200        20        150

like the above datas the scale in y1 axis is 0 to 1.0 and y2 axis is 0 to
1200. and y3 is o to 50 and y4 is o to 250

in the excel the possibilites are only two y axis can be drawn how to
include third and fourth y axis

can any one help me out
--
sivaprakasam

Take a look here:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#TertAxis

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"sivaprakasam" wrote:

> is there any options or macros avialable for creating multiple y axis in the
> xy chart.
> my application is that i want plot a graph for various values at a time as
> the list below
>
> x             y1     y2       y3          y4
> 10.00pm 0.5   1000       10        50
> 10.30 pm     0.6  1200        20        150
>
> like the above datas the scale in y1 axis is 0 to 1.0 and y2 axis is 0 to
> 1200. and y3 is o to 50 and y4 is o to 250
>
> in the excel the possibilites are only two y axis can be drawn how to
> include third and fourth y axis
>
> can any one help me out
> --
> sivaprakasam
0
LukeM (202)
7/24/2009 1:18:02 PM
Jon shows how to fake a third y-axis at
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/TertiaryAxis.html

If I had this problem, I would used a primary and a secondary axis and scale
some of my y-values so that all four series would show up on the chart
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"sivaprakasam" <sivaprakasam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there any options or macros avialable for creating multiple y axis in
> the
> xy chart.
> my application is that i want plot a graph for various values at a time as
> the list below
>
> x             y1     y2       y3          y4
> 10.00pm 0.5   1000       10        50
> 10.30 pm     0.6  1200        20        150
>
> like the above datas the scale in y1 axis is 0 to 1.0 and y2 axis is 0 to
> 1200. and y3 is o to 50 and y4 is o to 250
>
> in the excel the possibilites are only two y axis can be drawn how to
> include third and fourth y axis
>
> can any one help me out
> --
> sivaprakasam

0
bliengme (657)
7/24/2009 1:22:47 PM
thank you for the post

but i need multiple y axis should be shown in my graph example there should
be one x axis and three y axis in chart showing their respective scalings,
from excel options only primary and secondary axis can be shown and the datas
will be plotted based on this primary and secondary axis only , how to
include the thrid axis and show it chart and plot a series based on that y
axis,

there is software called multi-y axis from www.officeexpander.com but i
think there will some other solution from microsoft

hope i am not confusing , if any one cannont understand please let me know

--
sivaprakasam

"sivaprakasam" wrote:

> is there any options or macros avialable for creating multiple y axis in the
> xy chart.
> my application is that i want plot a graph for various values at a time as
> the list below
>
> x             y1     y2       y3          y4
> 10.00pm 0.5   1000       10        50
> 10.30 pm     0.6  1200        20        150
>
> like the above datas the scale in y1 axis is 0 to 1.0 and y2 axis is 0 to
> 1200. and y3 is o to 50 and y4 is o to 250
>
> in the excel the possibilites are only two y axis can be drawn how to
> include third and fourth y axis
>
> can any one help me out
> --
> sivaprakasam

multiple NTDS Settings
to whom it may concern: is it possible to have more than 1 NTDS Settings in 1 DC? any effect on this? thank you. On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:14:31 +0800, "sherwin de claro" <sherwin.de.claro@gmail.com> wrote: >to whom it may concern: > >is it possible to have more than 1 NTDS Settings in 1 DC? > >any effect on this? > > >thank you. > What do you mean here? If you're talking about AD Sites and Services then no, only one. You can have many replication conenctions under that, but only one "NTDS Settings" under the DC. yes its on AD Si...

How do I add a secondary axis to a pivot table chart?
Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a way to add the 2nd axis? Hi, This is chart type dependent. Suppose you have a line chart, right click the series and choose Format Series, the Axis radio button should be available. What type of chart are you using? Cheers, Shane Devenshire "dangelor" <dangelor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2610028F-5FAF-4400-A3E3-B7D0CCEFB443@microsoft.com... > Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a > way to add the 2nd axis? ...

Gantt Chart and Critical Path
I have a spreadsheet where I enter time line data in the cells and from that information generate a Gantt chart. What I would like is a way to have symbols on my chart to show milestones, and end points. Anybody have any ideas as to how I could add those symbols on a chart? Thanks. Royce - That's a page I haven't added to my web site yet. Your gantt chart is a stacked (or floating) bar chart. To add symbols, you need to add additional series, using time as your X values, and a normalized Y value corresponding to the bar that needs the marker. Use 1 for your topmost bar, and N...

Excel should default to autoformat for chart text boxes
Excel in (Office 2003 and as far as I can tell all previous versions of Excel) should default to autoformat for chart text boxes - it currently selects "none" for outline and background options ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

soften jagged edges of pie charts
I am trying to smooth the angles in pie chart which prints okay from an excel but not when I copy and paste it on a microsoft word document Instructions said go to format, click selected data series and click patterns tab then select smoothed line. But the box Smoothed line doesn't exist. Have you tried copying as picture (Shift-Edit-copy as picture)? "zen" wrote: > I am trying to smooth the angles in pie chart which prints okay from an excel > but not when I copy and paste it on a microsoft word document > > Instructions said go to format, click selected...

Prevent multiple entries in a month
I have a stored procedure that inserts note records and if a value > 0 is set in the @Units parameter AND the @ActivityCode sent = 64 then it looks to see if it should add a new ActivityHistory record and a ClientCaseNotes record. It is suppose to not create more than 1 record if there is already a record for a linked person (PeopleLinkID) for that same month. Below is the portion of the stored procedure where this is occurring. Note the IF @ActivityCode = 64 and NOT EXISTS .... section is as that is where it is failing. It creates 2 records for a month for 1 person and Act...

XY Scatter + Bubble?
I have an XY Scatter chart and I want to make the data points reflective of their relative size based on a third quality. For example, I have the number of units on one axis, and the selling price on another. I would like the data points to reflect the % of associated defects by becoming relatively larger or smaller than the other (like a bubble graph). Any ideas? TIA! Hi PJD, That would be a bubble chart then ;) Excel has this as a built-in chart type, as of version XL97 I think. The chart requires 3 pieces of information X,Y,Size. Or have I missed something in your question? P...

data entry on multiple worksheets
I have a book with one master worksheet and then several other worksheets with data from the master. Is it possible to have the data I enter or update on the master to automatically populate the correct information into the other worksheets, even though the other worksheets store the data on different rows than the master? Hi you could use cell links such as ='master sheet'!A1 in your target cells -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "diosdias" <diosdias@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A674ACB3-C5F7-477D-954E-561B85FF705E@microsoft.co...

Delete embedded chart, how?
I have 2, (Gnatt), charts on the wrksht. How do I del one? -- Boswell Select the chart, hit the delete button. -- David Biddulph "Boswell" <boswell6@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:C439A52B-E430-4B40-95DB-1563E22939AF@microsoft.com... >I have 2, (Gnatt), charts on the wrksht. How do I del one? > -- > Boswell ...

Pie Chart color
Hi, Excel 2003. I have a 3 series pie-chart, I simply want to change the color of ONE of the 3 slices in the way I want. Thanks for help. Click the slice; pause; click the slice again, it should now have 'handles' around it. Use Format | Data POINT in menu (if it say Data SERIES, try again) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Freightliner" <freightliner2006@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:87a8c3a5-2d6e-43d2-a0ec-7aa1b25c1296@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Excel 2003. I...

Multiple problems with WLM
Multiple problems with WLM I realize that this problems list is long enough that it's unlikely that just one person will be able to solve them all. Therefore, it's OK to reply only for the one you can handle. Since some of these problems may be related, I decided to list them all in one post. 1. The All news view in the Quick views is either mislabelled, or unable to handle very large collections of unread newsgroups posts (I first saw this problem when the count was over 1,000,000, WLM was restarted, and the count dropped much lower (under 50,000). Since then I&#...

multiple fies updating one file
Hi, How would I setup an excel sheet that needs to collect numbers from other excel sheets. The rows and fields numbers will keep growing. I know how to reference a cell in a file but not sure how you can quickly create a reference to a range of cells and how about when the range keeps growing. Thank you Hi Vic; You can select and copy the range you want to link, then go to then go to the receiving sheet and click the top right cell. Click Edit / Paste Special and select Paste Link. This will link the entire range. If you happen to be running Office 2007 you can right click into the ...

PA Cost Categories should allow multiple transaction usage types
When creating new cost categories, in a real life project accounting or job cost environment, most clients don't want all their cost categories to be different. You should be able to say when setting up a cost category that you want that cost category to be able to be used as a Timesheet AND Purchases/Materials, you should be able to pick one or many of the usage types. I currently have a client that had to implement 2 million cost categories to get around this product limitation and there is not one good business reason why the software wouldn't allow this! Please place this...

move axes and axis labels behind data points on scatter chart
I'm working with a series of XY scatter charts that all pull data from the same worksheet. They are all copied from the "original" scatter chart and then just have the cell references changed so that the formatting stays consistent across the series. (The charts will be shown sequentially and I don't want anything changing other than the location of the data points.) However, on some of the charts, the axis and/ or the axis label appers on top/ in front of some of the data points and behind/ under other data points (which is what I want - the axes and labels behind th...

Formatting Chart Category Labels
I'm creating a fairly complex chart - a spider graph "dashboard" report that addresses 4 major areas of an organization's performance - finance, quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction. Each category has 4-7 data elements, so that there are a total of 22 data elements on the chart. There will be 2 sections of the report, a chart showing YTD, LYTD and Goal values for the data elements and the graph itself. I envision this as a relatively easy way for management or board to get a snapshot of comparative key performance indicators. So far so good - input form, c...

Charting Problem #2
I have a problem with charting a Dynamic chart. I goes ok to set up the dynamic function as a range. It also shows the correct series. The range is as follows: =OFFSET(Sheet3!$A$1;1;Sheet3!$P$2-1;COUNTA(INDIRECT("C"&Sheet3!$P$2;FALSE));1) Where P2 is an input from a listbox, and the name of the range is: Sheet3!Dato. When I try to change the reference for the series i get the following message: "Your formula contains an invalid external reference to a worksheet. Verify the path, workbook, and range name or cell reference are correct, and try again." The serie...

Which 'event' to run pivot chart formatting code on file open?
Greetings I have code to change my pivot chart type to a mix of line and column also to refomat colours I need to run the code so that the user sees the changes when the file is opened Ive tried the 'workbook open' event and the chart activate event but noy joy so far. (Once the file is open, manualy triggering the code works perfectly) Any ideas? Thanks I don't know why workbook_open doesn't work. You could use Application.OnTime to run your code a short time (like 2 sec) after the workbook opens. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://Peltier...

multiple accounts at a single bank
Can anyone help me set up downloads for multiple accounts at a single institution? When I change account numbers, it deletes the previous account. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, MichaelG wrote: >Can anyone help me set up downloads for multiple accounts >at a single institution? When I change account numbers, >it deletes the previous account. Thanks In Help Ask Money box enter "two accounts". ...

Adding a horizontal line to a Pivot Chart
I can't get a horizontal line added to a pivot chart (column or line) by using the series method. Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to add the horizontal line to show things like the mean and standard deviation. Thanks in advance. Sharon - Pivot charts don't allow you to include data that's not in the pivot table, and I think it only allows a very limited number of combination charts, if any. Sorry to disappoint. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ sharonc wrote: > I can't get ...

Multiple Users for office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the list of applications? I am hoping i dont have to reinstall given it is the same licence being used, just by a new person. All help much appreciated CSR > Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the...

conditional sums and multiple criteria
Please help: I'm working on an award tracking system for individual girl scouts and a summary sheet that lists if each scout earned an award and the date it was awarded. I'm trying to calculate how many awards to purchase and need to count the number of completed awards only if date awarded field is blank. I've tried COUNTA, SUMIF, and keep coming up with errors. Do I need to combine functions? If so, how do I do this on the function bar? I'm a newbie and am not yet ready to get into VBA. Thanks! EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com To...

Autoscale a Line Chart to stack the curves
hello! To compare financial market assets moves I use a single chart with 2 series. The chart has 2 vertical axes and the scales are pretty different in term of values. The autoscale works fine on both axes. My queston is: How do I translate a curve onto the other so that they get "stacked", to be easily compared at a glance ? Any VBA function or sub is welcome... Thx This post might help. It shows how to calculate a proportional axis on a dual-axis chart. The effect is to plot the movement of one series against another to see how well they are correlated. Because each...

Multiple e-mail addresses #3
When a Contact has multiple e-mail addresses, how do I set one of them as a default? Now, emails are going to ALL of their addresses. Thanks-Rose ...

Bug? Multiple values in merged cells
I found that merged cells can contain multiple values. Steps to reproduce: Type 1,2,3,4 in a1:d1 type sum(a1:d1) in e1 Select a1:b1 and merge Warning : MultipleData, overwrite? Say yes to merge Select the merged a1:b1 cells Copy Select c1 PasteSpecial Formats No warning.. no overwrite. c1:d1 are now merged BUT d1 still contains a value... and the SUM of a1:d1 = 8 !! Also happens with FormatPainter etc Behaviour observed in xl97,xlXP and xl2003 Error checking will find no fault in the sheet... and you can spend ages to find out WHY your cross sums dont match! (although now that i fou...

Multiple IF Functions #3
I'm new at this and am trying to put several different, unrelated IF formulas into a single cell but am having trouble with it. How do you differentiate between one formula and the next, but still have it in the same cell Is there a limit to the number of IF formulas you can put in one cell? If so, how many? Hi There is a limit of 7 nested IFs in a cell. A simple multiple IF scenario could be: =IF(A1<5,"under 5",IF(A1>5,"over 5","5")) This checks the value in A1 and gives the result in text. If the first IF returns FALSE, it continues into the next IF ...