multiple filter's...

I am building a quotation spreadsheet and i would like to know if it's possible when i use the filter function can i put the info on another page or somewhere else on the same page separate from the drop box?? the reason being i have multiple catagories of info on the same row to make it visual friendly, entering the info below the drop box i don't think could work since the different filters would vary in the amount of lines. But filtering is new to me and i'm not completely familiar with it's limitations. thanks in advance.
0
mark564 (750)

Hi
have a look at:
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Mark wrote:
> I am building a quotation spreadsheet and i would like to know if
> it's possible when i use the filter function can i put the info on
> another page or somewhere else on the same page separate from the
> drop box?? the reason being i have multiple catagories of info on the
> same row to make it visual friendly, entering the info below the drop
> box i don't think could work since the different filters would vary
> in the amount of lines. But filtering is new to me and i'm not
> completely familiar with it's limitations. thanks in advance.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

OWA FE/BE and multiple child domains in a forest
Hello all i am hoping someone can help me with this issue. We currently have OWA working in a FE /BE configuration. Is it possible to have the same front end server and a differetn B/E server in a different domain within a forest work? We have 2 domains that have a 2 way trust between them ABC and XYZ. LIkewise our email addresses are abc.com and xyz.com. We can get to abc.com email from OWA no prolbem. We tried logging into the xyz domain and it seems to authenticate but when the mailbox comes up it says that its loading and stays that way. The logs show they authenticated properly but...

Report based on form filter?
Hello, I have a form with Multiple fields filter based on and event procedure where I can filter multiple combo fields. I would like to print a report after the filtered fields, but not sure how to like what is the control source etc.. Any help is appreciated. Here is my sample form filter event procedure. Private Sub cmdFilter_Click() Dim strWhere As String Dim lngLen As Long If Not IsNull(Me.cboMach) Then strWhere = strWhere & "([Mach] = '" & Me.cboMach & "') AND " End If I...

Multiple Data Migrations
We have our initial information in CRM. Can we do more data migrations of new accounts and products with our current CRM data intact so that it will just append to what we have out there? Yes, according to the documentation, the DMF always appends. Regards, Matt Narayan. >-----Original Message----- >We have our initial information in CRM. Can we do more >data migrations of new accounts and products with our >current CRM data intact so that it will just append to >what we have out there? >. > Yes and No - if you already have the Accounts and Products in CRM you...

Multiple Inboxes #2
I have multiple E-Mail accounts and want to separate the mail. How do I designate a separate inbox for each ? "Bud Davis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dbe01c3df52$d8ef9c80$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have multiple E-Mail accounts and want to separate the > mail. How do I designate a separate inbox for each ? Rules wizard. ...

Pivot Tables & Multiple Row Entries
Hi, When there are 1 or more descriptive fields in a pivot table and the entries in field 2 or further on are repeated, the values in the previous field are left blank for each repition of the subsequent field. This causes problems for further sorting etc...unless you use formulas. Does anybody know how to ensure that all cells in the descriptive fields (rows in the layout section) are populated with the appropriate value? Thanks POD -- POD ------------------------------------------------------------------------ POD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Why does Publisher not allow multiple page email newsletters?
Just received Publisher 2003. I'm trying to make an email newsletter and trying to incorporate the "more details" links embedded into the template. However, if I want that to be a link to another page in the document, it doesn't work if I send the .pub as a message in an email. It doesn't work any way I save it, .mht, .tif, etc. I'm curious why I had to spend two days sorting out the whole "more details" links through the help files only to find that they're useless unless I have it link to some other arbitrary site. I bought publisher for thi...

How to personalize emails to multiple recipients?
Hello, I'd like to "personalize" emails I send to many recipients. That means easy things like having the recipients in some format db or Excel and then send it too all of them with having everyone addressed like "Dear John" etc. Is there any option I could do that with, like using fields or something? Thanks for your help Thomas Use Mail Merge. Help has directions. "Thomas" wrote: > Hello, > > I'd like to "personalize" emails I send to many recipients. That means easy > things like having the recipients in some format db or...

How to look up a value in a list and return multiple corresponding
I followed the instructions on the excel help page of how look up a value in a list and return multiple corresponding values but somethings not right. I have tried this numerous times in my excel spreadsheet and it does not return any values let alone numerous values. No values will appear unless I go into the insert menu and click function, but then here it will only give me the smallest value, even when there is more than one. Please help asap! Thank you. How about giving us some details? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "123456789" <123456789@discussions.m...

Multiple date validation in a single cell
I am trying to do a rather complicated validation (I think it i anyway!) I want to allow ONLY dates of a particular format to be entered int the one cell - i.e. YYYY OR mm/YYYY OR dd/mm/YYYY For example, the same cell can have either one of these format entered, but MUST match one of them to be accepted. 1970 is OK and is captured in the cell as 1970 (not 1/01/1970) 70 is assumed to mean 1970 on entry 05/1970 is OK, captured in the cell as 05/1970 (not 1/05/1970) 5/70 or May-70 is assumed to mean 05/0970 on entry 05/06/2004 is OK 5/6/04 or 5 June 04 is assumed to mean 05/06/2004 on entr...

How do I add .htm to every link in a worksheet? Multiple hyperlinks+targets
I have about 500 hyperlinks in my worksheets. An example of 1 of th links = "..dvd/1994/940602" As you can see, i forgot to use the file extension i wanted to link t (*.htm) Is there a way to edit 500 links by automatically adding .ht to each one with out me going the manual route. i "..dvd/1994/940602.htm" Also how do i change the "_parent" to "main" so all the links open i the main window, and not just a new page. When i have the page saved as html, i can go in find and replace i wordpad which easily changes the links (searched on "target =...

Multiple IF Statements
Hello, I'm trying to write an IF statement that has 3 possible outcomes. I have written each statement on their own and they all work, but I can't link them together. What I would like to is: IF cell E42 = "3 Months" =IF(E42="3 Month", VLOOKUP(A45,Data!$A$2:$E$13,3,FALSE)) Else if cell E42 = "12 Months" =IF(E42="12 Month", VLOOKUP(A45,Data!$A$2:$E$13,4,FALSE)) Else if cell E42 = "24 Months" =IF(E42="24 Month", VLOOKUP(A45,Data!$A$2:$E$13,5,FALSE)) Any help would be great! Thanks Maybe... =vlookup(a45,data!$a$2:$e$13...

Multiple Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail Navigation panes
Would greatly appreciate help. I have two Personal Folders (both with the same sub folders: Inbox, Sent Items, etc.) in the Folder List and Mail views in the Navigation Pane. With both, when I right click on them, the selection "close personal folder" is grayed. How do I get rid of one of them?? Thank you. If they are true personal folders then you must go through tools, services, highlight appropriate personal folder and remove it there. This is for Outlook 2k, you didnt specify which version. >-----Original Message----- >Would greatly appreciate help. >I have two ...

Junk filter for mulitiple inboxes
I have 2 exchange inboxes open in outlook 2003. The junk filter works for the main inbox but does not for the second inbox. Is there any way to do this or is it "not a feature"? Thanks, Jim Not possible as Cached Exchange mode need to be enabled for the Junk E-mail Filter to work and Cached Exchange mode can only be enabled for the default mailbox. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "Jim Moraseski" <jsm@mo...

Outlook e-mail filter wildcards?
Does the outlook e-mail filter search for literal keywords only or is it versatile enough to handle wildcards? (i.e., "*refinan*" vs "refinance") I ask because now when I examine the source of my e-mails, spammers are beginning to use tags invisible to the reader "<!--" and "-->" to break up every word in the entire e-mail to defeat the Outlook filter. Not having wildcard flexibility is very frustrating. --Chuck ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messag...

Outlook 2003 junk email filter -stopped working!
I use MS outlook for emails and the junk email filter had been working on its own -- blocking junk emails and placing them in Junk E-mail folder. Recently it has simply stopped working! The only change I can think of that I made, was to add many more addresses to the blocked sender's list. I have the following setting, but I still receive emails from the addresses in blocked sender's list, while the junk email folder remains empty: * Level of protection set to high * Permanently delete junk emails instead of sending them to junk email folder is UNchecked Any suggestions on what migh...

Documents in Multiple Monitors
Excel and Powerpoint (even in Office 2007) make it ludicrously hard (impossible?) to view two documents on multiple monitors. Even seeing them side by side is unintuitive (compared to Word). Will this be finally addressed in Office 2007? It wasn't as of the last beta I tried. -- -C. Moya www.cmoya.com I'm able to do it with my multiple monitor setup. What problems are you having? How are you trying to do it? Craig CMM wrote: > Excel and Powerpoint (even in Office 2007) make it ludicrously hard > (impossible?) to view two documents on multiple monitors. Even seeing ...

Expressions using multiple records
I am tracking production equipment effectiveness. Operators are selecting the tool designator from a list, entering an event type and the date/time of the event start. A query pulls out records for a particular tool, sorted by date/time. I'd like to add a calculated field that shows event duration, but that involves using the event start date/time from more than one record. In other words the event duration is defined by a record's start date/time and is cut off by the following record's event start date/time. A simple subtraction if I can pull in the same field from tw...

Easiest way to insert multiple copied rows?

Multiple Packing slip numbers for Order Fulfillments
For split shipments of a line item on either an order or invoice, it would be nice to be able to have multiple packing slip numbers associated with the line item. This would be similar to the POP handling of receipts. You can have multiple receipts with multiple receipt numbers on one line item of a PO. Currently in SOP if you have multple shipments on one order they have the same packing slip number with a "reprint" logo on top of the packing slip. On the other side, when the customer receives this and puts it into their POP system they are now going to have two documents ...

saving excel with multiple sheets, but won't save to proper sheet
I have a shared worksheet in Excel that several people save to throughout the day. It has several sheets in it and just in the past couple of days, when people save, they either lose their changes, or the information is saved to a blank sheet that has not been used yet. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what is the solution. ...

Outside Recipents Recieving Multiple Copies of an Email
Exchange 2003 Server I am currently trying to find clues to a strange email problem. Recipents outside of my domain are recieving multie copies of single emails sent to them from users inside my domain. There is no pattern, sometimes it is 10 copies sometimes it is 113 copies. The Queue for the recipent domain in Exchange has the Status of " The connection was dropped by the remote host. " Any advise, hints, ideas are welcome. Thanks John Newton Look at your SMTP logs to see if there is any more information. Do you have Exchange aware AV on the server? Have you looked into ...

Multiple ListBoxes, OptionButtons, Check Boxes Etc.
I would like to place multiple ListBoxex, Option Buttons, or Check Boxes etc. on a sheet. When I do that, they seem to all interact with each other and I can't figure out how to make them act independently. Two check boxes are Ok since one can be "yes" and the other "no" for instance. I would like to have a large list of items and the user can select only the ones they want to use, which in turn will create a "sub list" if you will. I'm open for ideas on doing it some other way than list boxes, check boxes or whatever also. Any ideas? Thanks in a...

SPAM bypassing our SPAM Filter.
Hello we are encountering instances where SPAM is bypassing our SPAM filter service and going directly to our Exchange server. Our MX record shows the following: mycompany.com. MX IN 86400 smtp1.mke.securence.com. Where Securence.com is a company that is doing SPAM filtering for us, and this mail is bypassing their server completely and going directly to our Exchange server. How can I protect against this? Is there a way to lock down our Exchange server to only accept mail from smtp1.mke.securence.com and would we want to do this? Thanks ahead of time for your as...

multiple series from one column
Hi, my data are organized in three columns: X, Y and a column with the series names (say A, B and C). Is it possible to create a single XY plot for the three series without selecting the series separately? Can you make Excel recognizing the three series in the third column? It would be very easy if you could simply select the three columns and define them as X, Y and series. Especially if you have a lot of series... You're asking more of Excel than it was designed for. However, it is designed for data processing. Make a pivot table of your data, which will allow you to separate th...

In Excel 2007 chart with multiple lines, mouse doesn't track lines
If I open an Excel 2003 x-y scatter line chart with multiple (x,y) line graphs (or open a graph that was saved under Excel 2007), and I move the mouse over the various lines (some of them may be close to each other) then there is an x 'offset' in the location of the mouse and when Excel recognizes a line graph and displayes the line title with a little message underneath the mouse cursor. Another way to explain thsi behaviour is if you try to click at a particular line graph, it may not select it, it may select a different line graph that is located left to where the mouse is. ...