Multiple Column Conditional Formatting

Hi,

I'm needing some help with performing a multiple column condition formatting.
I have tried many "forumula is" in the conditional formatting with no
success.  I'm missing something.

What I would like to have happen is, if the 2 conditions are true then I
want the field to be color filled.

Example:
if the numeric value in k2>10 and the numeric value F2>100  then I would
like cell K2 to be filled in red.

Many thanks for your help  Colleen
0
Colleen (36)

one way:

Select K2:

CF1:            Formula is   =AND(K2>10,F2>100)
Format1:    <patterns>/Red

In article <F025919D-C098-4210-874C-FCB2743AB231@microsoft.com>,
 "Colleen" <Colleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm needing some help with performing a multiple column condition formatting.
> I have tried many "forumula is" in the conditional formatting with no
> success.  I'm missing something.
>
> What I would like to have happen is, if the 2 conditions are true then I
> want the field to be color filled.
>
> Example:
> if the numeric value in k2>10 and the numeric value F2>100  then I would
> like cell K2 to be filled in red.
>
> Many thanks for your help  Colleen
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
9/8/2005 8:35:49 PM
Thanks JE. It works great.
--

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> one way:
>
> Select K2:
>
> CF1:            Formula is   =AND(K2>10,F2>100)
> Format1:    <patterns>/Red
>
> In article <F025919D-C098-4210-874C-FCB2743AB231@microsoft.com>,
>  "Colleen" <Colleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm needing some help with performing a multiple column condition formatting.
> > I have tried many "forumula is" in the conditional formatting with no
> > success.  I'm missing something.
> >
> > What I would like to have happen is, if the 2 conditions are true then I
> > want the field to be color filled.
> >
> > Example:
> > if the numeric value in k2>10 and the numeric value F2>100  then I would
> > like cell K2 to be filled in red.
> >
> > Many thanks for your help  Colleen

0
Colleen (36)

multiple folders
all of my mail folders appear twice on the folder list. but they exist only once. any idea how I can get the display to function properly? In article <0f6e01c3c2ba$b4ab0bc0$3101280a@phx.gbl>, mfleisher@juno.com says... > all of my mail folders appear twice on the folder list. > but they exist only once. any idea how I can get the > display to function properly? > ' search from a message from me with the subject of 'Can't eliminate PST from Outlook 2003' ...

how to determine the color with a value of column
I have the following problem. I have a percent column chart. I have only one series. In this case all columns will have the same color on the chart. I want these column colored regarding to the value of a column. I mean: - value: 80% color: yellow - value: 100% color: greeen - value: 40% color: red How to condition the color of the column with a percentage shown on the chart? I mean something like the conditional formatting, but on charts? Thanks in advance Marcin Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Kamyk ...

Printing data in 2 columns
I have a spreadsheet with multiple columns. I want to print the data landscape, but want data to continue in a second column on the right side of the sheet.(trying to save trees and squeeze twice the data on one sheet) Top left to bottom left then up to top right and down to bottom right. Any help would be appreciated. Hi todd m See David McRitchie his snakecol page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "todd m" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d96a01c...

I can't format 01/19/2004 to read January 19, 2004, please help!!
Dragged and dropped a series of dates and now I can't convert them to sort them properly. What to do?? Hi Paul, "paulonline66" <paulonline66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BB832DA-34AE-44B4-9D73-6F178E9AEBF0@microsoft.com... > I can't format 01/19/2004 to read January 19, 2004, please help!! > Dragged and dropped a series of dates and now I can't convert them to sort > them properly. What to do?? With the date cells selected: Data | Text to Columns | Next | Next | Select the Date option and Select the DMY option in the dropdown...

how do you sort ascend two columns alphabetically
i am trying to sort ascend two columns in order at the same time. Hi, select both columns, as first level choose first column in ascending sorting and as 2nd level tell to sort in ascending order column 2 "sherryc525" wrote: > i am trying to sort ascend two columns in order at the same time. ...

Splitting cells into multiple records
Hello, Here is what I am trying to do. I have an access DB that Excels pulls info out of and puts in a nice little format. My issue is that some of the fields have multiple records in it. Here is an example of the DB: First Name | Last Name | Issue | Remediation You would only have one first and last name, but there might be multiple instances in the issue and remediation cells. First Name | Last Name | Issue | Remediation John |Smith | Issue Number 1 | Remediation Number 1 | Issue Number 2 | Remediation Nu...

Multiple Sumif with concatenation
Hi All, Is it possible to use concatenation with multiple sumif? I have the following formula but it doesn't work with the concatenation, any suggestion of what I'm doing wrong Thanks in advance for any help =SUM(IF((tblProcessorActivity!$B$1:$B$2999="CG")*(tblProcessorActivity!$N$1:$N$2999=(MONTH(MAX(tblProcessorActivity!$C:$C))&RIGHT('Processor Time Allocation'!B$6,1))),tblProcessorActivity!$D$1:$D$2999)) There's nothing wrong with the formula syntax so you'll have to explain in more detail what "doesn't work" means. ...

Sending HTML format report is not working #2
I have been sending RTF report from Ms Access on the body of the email. I need to send it in HTML format instead, but it is not working. The body of the email displays the whole source instead of the HTML formatted body. I have realized that the email format shows "Plain Text" and "Rich Text" format only. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Below there is an example of what I am getting, please check: <HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;charset=windows-1252"><TITLE>Renta...

Custom number format
Hello. At work we have an application that creates .csv files that we open with Excel. This list icludes product nubers that are ten digits long, many of which start with one or more zeros. For legibility I would like all of the numbers to show leading zeros if they have them. So I create a custom format of ten zeros (i.e. 0000000000). This works great, but the format is only in that workbook. Is there a way to create this custom format and have it always be available even when a new notebook is opened insted of having to re-create it every time? If so, can it be assigned to a new toolbutton...

Footer date format #3
How do I change the date format for my excel worksheet footers? Hi "imran", Change your Regional Date format in your system Control Settings. Or use a macro http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm#modify --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Imran" <Imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1187E71-49C7-4DA1-9456-912FFEB92B2C@microsoft.com... > How do I change the d...

Sort by one column then another.
I want to do two sorts one on column "B" and then by column "E" for a specific range. Below is the sort for the first sort. How do I do a nested sort along whith the below sort? ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Sort.SortFields.Clear ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range _ ("B6:B100"), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:= _ xlSortTextAsNumbers With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Sort .SetRange Range("A6:E100") ...

Multiple connections
I have a work connection and a dial up connection for when I am on the road. I have set my work connection as defualt e-mail account. However, regardless, the account seems to check both accounts every time I send. How do I maintain the account information in Outlook without it checking/sending the other account unless I do something? ...

conditional format formula? help please
Folks, I would like to format an entire row in my sheet based on the text in one cell of each row. For example, when cell S33 equals "Complete", I'd like row 33 (or even just cells S1 to Snn) to assume a gray background. Now I'm no stranger to Excel and routinely build mildly complex formulas and arrays, but I can't seem to make this work in the conditional format dialog box using the "Formula is" choice. What am I missing? Anyone have a quick formula I can put in the dialog? thanks, -gb Geoff, Select Row 33 Format -> Conditional Formatting... Formu...

lookup over several columns
I'm trying to have a lookup over several columns situation sheet 1 A B C 56 110 50000 56 120 10000 56 130 5000 57 110 30000 57 120 10000 57 130 5000 sheet 2 A B C D 56 110 0000 56 110 0001 56 120 0000 56 120 0001 I need value C from sheet 1 put into column D in sheet 2 no matter wath the value is in column C of sheet 2 How do I do this (exact file is 25000 lines so copy/paste isn't a real option) Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice C# Specification C...

add information from two columns
I have information in two or more columns that I would like to combine and then sort. I also do not want to not have duplicate information. How would I do that and still retaing the inidividual cell information. One column would have Mary, Bob and the other Mary, Joy, Bob in rows. i would like to get one column with Mary Bob Joy. ...

Formula to copy multiple cells onto another sheet
I have a worksheet containing names and address that are repeated onto other sheets based on criteria in another column. What formula if any can I use to determine if that person meets that certain criteria to automatically copy the 3 columns that the name, phone, and address are located in to another sheet? A little more info: I have multiple worksheets and one master list containing 6 columns: First, Last, Birthday,Phone, and Address, and class. In the class column is a variety of class names. I would like to write a macro (I have never done this before!) ,if possible, that will ...

Opening Multiple Files #3
How can I create a shorcut on my desk top that will open several spreadsheets located in various directories Thanks!!!! ...

Purging Multiple Exchange Domains from Single Exchange/Domain Network
Greetings, Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on an issue that I have. I have a Windows 2003 Small Business Server with Exchange on it. I have a single Forest, single Domain - Domain A. Approx 6 months ago, Company A/Domain A decided to lease out some of their office space to another company. At that time, Domain A decided to host email for said Company, Company B. I configured the Exchange Server to host email for Domain A & Domain B. Users of Domain B used a Domain A Login Account to access their email. Recently, it was decided to separate the two companies. Company B we...

Y-Bars for Columns in a series
I have a chart (Column graph) that displays 4 means, 2 means (y-values) in each of two series. I want to display a separate y-bar for each mean (with 1.96 times the standard error of the mean for each group in the series), but Excel seems to designate a y-bar for the entire series only. When I set the value for the y-bar. Is there any way to keep the chart displaying two series with two means each and have y-bars that pull values separately for each bar? I tried creating 4 separate series, but I lose the chance to label the two groups on the x-axis. Any ideas? Dan - You can put the va...

Omitting hidden columns when copying a range from a worksheet
I have a worksheet with numerous hidden columns and rows. I would like to copy the visible cells to a new worksheet, omitting the hidden cells. However, using cut and paste or paste special I always get the hidden cells copied as well. Is there a way round this? Alternatively, is there a quick way of deleting all hidden rows & columns, which would allow me to achieve the same thing if I copy the whole worksheet and then delete hidden rows & columns? After you've selected your range with the hidden rows/columns, hit Edit|goto (or F5 or ctrl-G) and the click special, then selec...

universal formatting of all cells in all worksheets
I have 140 sheets in an excel document. In column AF I want the width to be set to 15.86. Instead of going to every sheet and making the change, is there a way that I can set the width for that column in all of the sheets right click on a sheet tab>select all sheets>set whatever on the sheet you are on>select any One sheet. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "jeremyrod" <jeremyrodriguez@cmsmechanical.com> wrote in message news:0b4301c351e9$39fe41e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have 140 sheets in an excel document. In column AF I >...

Will excel 2003 format a cell to the year?
It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some way? I typed a date in A1 (09/28/2006) and used format|Cells|number tab|custom category|yyyy with my USA settings. kateofmd@msn.com wrote: > > It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to > get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some > way? -- Dave Peterson ...

How do I put multiple graphs on one axis?
I am doing a project for Chemistry. I need to know how to put two graphs on one axis, and how to create the "bars and whiskers" used to show error. Thanks for your help. Box and Whisker Charts: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerV.html > two graphs on one axis You need to explain what you mean. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ TheDud wrote: > I am doing a project for Chemistry. I need to know how to put two graphs on > one axis, and how to create th...

Insert Multiple Rows #3
Thank you so muc -- cleadavi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cleadavis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1658 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31497 ...

Multiple eConnect Incoming Queues
I have successfully set up econnect to monitor a queue and transfer data to a company. How do I add a second company/queue on the same server? It seems that the config file only supports one company ...