MSN Stock Quotes help

I am trying to do something that I assume is relatively simple.  Using Excel
2000, I want to import **ONLY** the "Last Quote" stock quote for a
particular symbol.  I have tried the "Data | Get External Data | Run Saved
Query" function, using Excel's built-in query for retrieving staok quote
data from MSN website.  However, this function returns the entire detailed
quote tables with all sorts of info that I do not need.  Does anyone know
how I go about importing only the "Last Quote" data and nothing else?  TIA.

David G-

In xl2002, you may edit the query to pull in just the table. You would still
have to copy the ONE cell to another sheet to get JUST the quote. So, import
to one sheet and copy to another.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"David G" <david_g99352@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to do something that I assume is relatively simple.  Using
Excel
> 2000, I want to import **ONLY** the "Last Quote" stock quote for a
> particular symbol.  I have tried the "Data | Get External Data | Run Saved
> Query" function, using Excel's built-in query for retrieving staok quote
> data from MSN website.  However, this function returns the entire detailed
> quote tables with all sorts of info that I do not need.  Does anyone know
> how I go about importing only the "Last Quote" data and nothing else?
TIA.

> David G-

0
Don

Help for ICT Gcse c/w
Hi Basically I am making a model for my ICT coursework (AQA), it's about dog training courses for a vets surgery. For part of it, we have to work out the minimum number of dogs needed for a course to run (has to be less than �50). I have made a table, which links to other worksheets.. No. of dogs: Cost per course: Cost per dog: Can course run? 1 �348.35 �348.35 No 2 �350.60 �175.30 No 3 �352.85 �117.62 No 4 �355.10 �88.78 No 5 �357.35 �71.47 No 6 �359.60 �59.93 No 7 �361.85 �51.69 No 8 �364.10 �45.51 Yes 9 �366.35 �40.71 Yes ...

Filtering Error: "You Cancelled the Previous Operation"
I have a form that I've developed that shows data from all over my database, grouping it all together and displaying it for the user's ease of use. There are four status indicator columns on this form, each one either equal to "Green", "Yellow", or "Red". At the bottom of each column is a drop-down combo box I have added that allows the user to filter on a certain color, so they can see what records have a certain status. They can search on "Green", "Yellow", "Red", or "All", which removes all filtering. ...

rule for "Your Message " messages.
Is it possible to make a rule to move the "Your Message " that is generated when your message is read to another folder. Outlook 2003 XPSp2. John G . > Is it possible to make a rule to move the "Your Message " that is > generated when your message is read to another folder. > > Outlook 2003 XPSp2. Are you talking about read receipts? -- -f.h. you could but tracking on the sent item may not be updated. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginne...

Help! ESEUTIL /r (3 character logfile base name)
Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? Thank you so much! "Liu222" <liu222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02cb01c4842f$028dbff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? > > Thank you so much! usually E00 "Liu222" <liu222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02cb01c4842f$028dbff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? > > Thank you so much! usually E00 ...

Divide by 0 Help
=(SUM(E98:F98)+D98/2)/(I98-G98) Any suggestions on how I can rewrite this to return 0 if I get a Dicide by 0 Error in any of the calculations. I am a bit of a novice. Check your earlier post. On 05/17/2010 06:48, joey_boy wrote: > =(SUM(E98:F98)+D98/2)/(I98-G98) > > Any suggestions on how I can rewrite this to return 0 if I get a Dicide by 0 > Error in any of the calculations. I am a bit of a novice. joey_boy wrote: >=(SUM(E98:F98)+D98/2)/(I98-G98) > >Any suggestions on how I can rewrite this to return 0 if I get a Dicide by 0 >Error in any of the c...

I just got office 2007 help!
After downloading both steps on MS site. I was upgraded for each utility.....ie excel word etc. except outlook it still remains 2003 why? Everything else went to 2007 "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C6D0578-01E5-4E49-BCC1-A1B2B3A1AD69@microsoft.com... > After downloading both steps on MS site. I was upgraded for each > utility.....ie excel word etc. except outlook it still remains 2003 why? > Everything else went to 2007 You need to uninstall Outlook 2003 first...... Because you must first uninstall Outlook 2003 before you install ...

Excel Date
want to be able to have a cell auto fill the first time the sheet i saved so i have the creation date. Then if poss - never let them chang the cell so it keeps record of when the file was first created. Thanks - any help will get some free chocolate! ;-) Arie Astor Chocolate Corp. www.astorchocolate.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try some code in the workbook module ; e.g. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If Range("Sheet1!A1") = "" Then Range("Sheet1!A1") = Date End If End Sub Then set Sheet1...

Retrieve email problem: "The operation failed"
When I click on Send/Receive in my Outlook 2002 to try to retrieve new emails, an error window pops up immediately which states: "The operation failed." I reinstalled Outlook 2002. No help. I tried the repair function. No help. I use Windows XP. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Before I reinstalled Outlook 2002, the program occasionally would not load at all. When I did a Control/Alt/Delete, I received an error message that stated that the problem was caused by a conflict between Outlook 2002 and WinFaxPro. I don't even have WinFaxPro installed on this computer. HH ...

"This program cannot be closed. If it is being debugged, please r
"This program cannot be closed. If it is being debugged, please resume it or close the debugger first." I have a user that is getting this message when we try to close their Excel. What can I do or what is causing this? ...

Hi all, I have a question regarding the loading speed of forms. I have about 6 forms in my database, each is loaded with lot of controls and VBA driven action that calls numerous queries. So as expected, they do take a while to load, 10 - 30 seconds. For some remote desktop users, it usually take even longer. These forms, however, do not have any onLoad. procedures. All the code are in click of buttons of afterUpdate of dropdown menu and others. The interesting thing is, these form load much much faster (3 secs) when one form opens the next, instead of manually open it from the database wind...

HELP!! Formula for calculating overtime
I'm hoping someone can help me. I can't seem to figure out a formula to calculate OT for my staff. Regular hours per day are 7.5. I'm looking to create a formula for banking time which will break out in two columns hours worked over the regular 7.5 hours per day up to 11 hours per day, and in the second column the hours worked over 11 hours per day. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks so much!! Something like this Hours Bank1 Bank2 6 0 0 7.5 0 0 8.5 1 0 9.5 2 0 10.5 3 0 11.5 3.5 0.5 12.5 3.5 1.5 13.5 3.5 2.5 14.5 3.5 3.5 15.5 3.5 4.5 assum...

error code "publisher cannot load files from a different version"
yes a popular error i know. but no i do not have norton basically the computer crashed, i had to reinstall everything, now previously made pub's on office 2k will no longer load on publisher 2k. or on another version of publisher 2k. i looked into the files and they do say publisher 3 embedded in the codes. i am at a loss as to what to do, i have hundreds of files , i havent checked them all of course Do an installer cleanup, Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/...

HELP -- XP Address Book: No Microsoft Solution Listed
What is the plain and step-by-step simple solution for this very annoying error: "A new entry could not be added. You must have a personal address book (PAB) to create an entry. Add a PAB to your profile using the E-mail accounts command on the Tools Menu." It doesn't allow me to create one!!! Even when I do this: right click on my contacts folder, click on 'Properties', then 'Outlook address book' tab. The option 'show this folder as an email address book' is blanked out and not available for me to check or uncheck. HELP You first. What is it t...

Need help formatting text
I am using OE 6 to read newsgroups and I sometimes post articles that I find on the web, often copying and pasting articles into new messages. However, when I do this, it formats it in such a way that when I open my posts, the paragraphs are separated by at least 3 lines, rather than 1 line. I have tried adding an additional step of pasting articles as unformatted text in word before I paste them in a new message in OE. It seems that no matter what I do, however, I get this weird extra spacing between the paragraphs. Anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? -- Aloha, G-Ride &qu...

Help needed with Circular References
Hi, I am developing a Excel based solution and that requires circular reference in the formulas. However I am ok with setting the limit that each cell be calculated only once. My question is what the order of recalculating cells is. Is it row first starting from A1 or column first starting from A1 or is it the order of entering the cell formulas? Depending upon the order in which the cells are calculated results can change. For example, if the formulas in the cells A1 to A5 are as follows (value in the bracket indicates initial value when formula is entered): A1: A5+1 (1) A2: A1+1 ...

Countif help!!!
Thanks in advance for any help offered. I have a table with GPA's and need to calculate the different ranges. I have the function for 3.0 an above and less than 2.5. I am having trouble figuring out the formul to count how many students are in the range of 2.50-2.99. I thought I could do this: =countif(f2:f406, ">=2.5+<=2.99") I get "0" as a result. any help is appreciated : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, You can use Sumproduct... =SUMPRODUCT(--(F2:F406>=2.5),--(F2:F406<=2.99)) Hope this helps -- Message posted from h...

HELP! #18

how to set a window "always on top" ?
I want my window to remain on top like a system modal dialog. I use : CreateWindow to create the window. Which style should i use to get the desired effect? Thanks thanks... "dva" <dva@nakorinthias.gr> wrote in message news:OANrPMupEHA.800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Try > SetWindowPos ( &CWnd::wndTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_SHOWWINDOW | SWP_NOMOVE | > SWP_NOSIZE ); > > "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> wrote in message > news:%234rRMHupEHA.2724@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > > > I want my window to remain on top lik...

[ANN] Entourage Help Blog
For News, Views and Clues abut Entourage visit the Entourage Help Blog. We are a group of long-time Entourage users who enjoy sharing our expertise with anyone who wants to make better use of Entourage. We�ve started by doing some reminiscing about Claris Emailer and the revolt on the Emailer Talk. If you have any memories to share, please add your comments. If you are wondering what the heck has Claris Emailer got to do with Entourage, then read about how Entourage got it�s start. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.en...

variable "speed" of excel operations
I hope someone can explain this to me..... Why is it that Excel operations such as merge cell, or fill, etc.... takes so long on one file, and then speeds like a demon on another file? There's no rhyme/reason that I've been able to identify thus far. I.e., one file that has lots of worksheets will work through the operations really fast, and then another with only a couple of worksheets will move along like a snail, as though it has 50 things it has to do before it gets to what I've selected. Then, the next one will be a lot of worksheets, and it moves really slow, to ...

How to "expire" items in some folders?
Hello, This is my problem: whe are ready to deploy exchange 2003 and we also use GFI MailEssentials as an antispam solution. The spam mail gets directed to the "Junk Mail" folder by the antispam software at the server level, some spam that goes thru is catched by outlook 2003 junk mail filters, so the entire anti-spam setup seems to work ok, but the problem is that nobody is cleaning up the junk email folders and I am worry it will grow forever. I thought of setting up outlook client based rules but a large number of users access the server using OWA only. How can I clean the Junk f...

Macro to copy a Cell Content automatically IF G12 cell <>""
I am having the below Macro code for moving the cursor E11,F11,E12,G11 & G12 and these cells are not protected and rest all other cells are locked (Other than M11 cell). I got this code in google web search. Now I want to add a small condition which is if a person enter any value in G12 cell then the Macro should automatically do copy the M11 cell. That’s all. M11 cell is not having any lock! Note:- The Cursor should move in this order only that is E11,F11,E12,G11 & G12. So please don’t change the cursor movement. The cursor should not move to M11 cell and all...

Setting "Reply" address
I just Installed Office 2003. I am trying to define my settings in outlook. I've imported all my mail and filters from OE. I use several different email addresses, How do I automatically get a reply message to be sent from the address that it was addressed to... When I click reply and send a message, it looks like the message is being sent from my default address. Probably more questions to come... Rina -- Please respond to the newsgroup, mail from this account is left on my server Rina wrote: > I just Installed Office 2003. > > I am trying to define my settings in ou...

Can't update quotes
I am having a problem updating internet quotes . I use Money 98 Financial Suite. When I attempt to update my quotes online all of my stocks come back as "The symbol "XXX" is invalid". I realize that Money 98 is an old product, but the internet quotes should still update. Don't count on that assertion. One by one it seems quotes downloads for older versions are mysteriously breaking. Can't say for sure about M98--but research posting history for newsgroup microsoft.public.money in advanced groups search at http://groups.google.com for prior postings in the sub...

Horizontal lines across laptop screen plus 'memory could not be written' error message at "0x0370d940"
Got the error message and horizontal line across laptop screen. First one line, then two, now three. This machine has both windows xp and windows vista operating systems available for use on a partitioned disk. When we open the web browser is when the error message occurs. We installed firefox newly last night because of a problem, and the lines started appearing one at a time this morning. The lines appear no matter which operating system is used, but the error message only occurs when using xp and trying to start firefox. -- seablue711 -----------------------------------...