Moving from cell to cell

Moving from cell to cell using arrow key stopped working. Help!

Maybe hit Scroll Lock key...

If Scroll Lock is on, the arrows still work, but in a different way.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"crys0814" <crys0814@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Moving from cell to cell using arrow key stopped working. Help!

Hi there cry0814,

It is possible that you have accidentally pressed your scroll lock key which
disables your arrow keys. Try pressing it again and let us know your results

Regards

Garreth
--

Thank you and Regards

Garreth Lombard

"crys0814" wrote:

> Moving from cell to cell using arrow key stopped working. Help!

excel's active cell
how to highlight the active cell with a color each time it moves angelaexceluser, have a look at Chip's addin here for one way to do it, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "angelaexceluser" <angelaexceluser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48BB20C8-3DF8-43AB-B913-9CDB2A288748@microsoft.com... > how to highlight the active cell with a color ...

Combining date and time into one cell
I have the date (m/dd/yy) in one cell and time (hh:mm) in another cell. How can I merge these two in one cell with the format m/dd/yy hh:mm ? Thanks. Date in A1, time in B1, combined in C1: formula is =A1+B1 and format as you describe. On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:03:02 -0800, "Kelly C" <KellyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have the date (m/dd/yy) in one cell and time (hh:mm) in another cell. How >can I merge these two in one cell with the format m/dd/yy hh:mm ? > >Thanks. =TEXT(A1,"m/dd/yy ")&TEXT(B1,"hh:mm") is one way -- HT...

Changing formula in multiple cells or range simultaneously
I am trying to change the value in multiple cells in a large worksheet simultaneuously. I want to identify the range and then adjust the formula in the entire range. Is there a way that I can highlight the range and then change to formula in each, simultaneously? For example, if I wanted to double the value in the entire range, how would I do this? Thanks, Michael You could put 2 in an empty cell. Copy it Edit|Paste special|click on Multiply under the operation section. Then clear out that 2. But it really depends on what kind of change you're making. If you wanted to ad...

Query to show empty cells
I am doing a database for addresses and would like to run a query showing the addresses that are empty. What should I put in the criteria to show an empty cell? Try out the query with IsNull as criterion. -- ********* http://panjas.org If the message was helpful to you, click Yes next to Was this post helpful to you? If the post answers your question, click Yes next to Did this post answer the question? "xololady" wrote: > I am doing a database for addresses and would like to run a query showing the > addresses that are empty. What should I put in the criteria to sh...

dynamic cells
Hi! I wonder if somebody could help me with the following problem: I have two columns with cells containing some values B1..B22, C1..C22 everyday I add a new cell e.g. B23 and C23, B24 and C24,... I wonder if I use these cells in a forumla like REGR how to write in order to avoid updating the formula every day? REGR(B1:B22;C1:C22) TIA Anders. Anders, You could create a dynamic named range for each of your ranges. In your example, if you have no data below your list you could: Insert->Name->Define Input the name then in 'Refers To' type =offset (B1,0,0,counta(B:B),1) ...

How do I ignore blank cells while averaging the solutions of equat
I'm trying to average (items produced/manhours/workers) over the course of a week. The problem is each job isnt worked every day, so I have blank cells in my equation. Here is what I'm typing: =AVERAGE((B4/C4/D4),(E4/F4/G4),(H4/I4/J4),(K4/L4/M4),(N4/O4/P4)). I know there is a way to ignore #DIV/0 results, but I'm fairly new to Excel. I'm also trying to keep this all in one row to save space. Any help will be appreciated. -Ryan take a look at the subtotal function and see if it meets your needs. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Kis...

Excel VBA
Hi. Is it possible to use VBA in one workbook to copy a worksheet fro another workbook into another different workbook? If so....how? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try recoding a macro while doing this manually. And yes it is possible :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cjh1984 >" <<cjh1984.16x63k@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cjh1984.16x63k@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi. > > Is it possible to use VBA in one workbook to copy a worksheet from > another workbook into another different workbook? ...

How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells
How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to repeatedly type the text? Ex. adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J... =A1&".gif" "Wanda_pb" <Wanda_pb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D20A2D9-3BFF-4BA2-A85D-7F5FD229A62A@microsoft.com... > How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to > repeatedly type the text? Ex. adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J... Thank you, that was very helpful, but I guess I should have mentioned there were "/" also in the text. When I did your sugge...

When you click a hyperlink in a cell i get a Warning message
This message is about harmfull files and gives you an OK and CANCEL. Is it at all possable to disable this particualr message because i have a document full of hyperlinks and its getting anoying!!!! Thanks. ...

how do i stop the gridlines from moving when I print
When I print a table in Excel or Access the lines / gridlines shift a little each line until they cover the data. How do I stop this? Kevin Strange though it sounds, I would suspect your video drivers, try turning down the resolution/number of colours and test, if it is ok, seek a new driver -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD115CCA-2C8F-481C-AFE8-0C1BA26241A3@microsoft.com... > When I print a table in Excel or Access the lines / gridl...

Finding the currently selected cell in another worksheet
Hi, In Excel 2002 I want to display the current row of worksheet A in worksheet B (in another format). Does anyone know how to do this? Ideal would be if this updates automatically, but performance wise I guess a macro activated by a button in worksheet A would be the best solution. TBH, Jeroen Jeroen, I don't know of a way in a formula to determine the active cell of the worksheet. Worksheets other than the active one don't have an active cell. I think macros are the only way. Put this in a regular module: Public Roww As Long Put this in the sheet A module: Private Sub W...

Axis label that corresponds to cell
I have an interactive graph which graphs data from a set column. This column changes depending on what is selected on a list selector. I was wondering if there is a way to label the y axis whatever was in, say cell AD11. I was hoping that that this would be something easy that I could write into the excel chart wizard, like =$AD$11, but it is not. Any help would be appreciated. -- pete3589 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pete3589's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28402 View this thread: http://www.exce...

Auto fill cells with dates, exclude weekends?
What I'm doing is filling in multiple cells with dates (by dragging and filling) automatically. I was wondering if there was anyway for it to skip the weekends within the dates? Thanks in advance. Hi Sam rather than dragging with the left mouse button down, drag with the right .... when you let go you'll see an option for fill weekdays. Cheers JulieD "Sam Weber" <sam@hostradius.com> wrote in message news:af3901c4796d$85dff660$a501280a@phx.gbl... > What I'm doing is filling in multiple cells with dates > (by dragging and filling) automatically. I was wo...

Moving the full text index property store
Hi, We are not using FT indexing, but the following directories exist in our clustered environment, i wish to move these from the existing disk to a new volume. X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Config X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\GatherLogs X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Projects I notice that you can use the pstoreutl.exe program to move store logs, does this move all three folders? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/08728b4b-6416-40c5-a5a9-8458d1012fbf.aspx Thanks Matthew Actually, there is a more specific article that talks about how to move the ...

outlook 2010 folder display missing after email moved into it
After you move a message into a folder, the folder name on the folders display pane on the left disappeared... the only way to get it back is to exit and restart outlook 2010 However, this doesn't happen if you move a message into a subfolder.. ...

copying a cell to another cell automatically
Hi, I'm trying to set up my worksheet so that if the value in column E is changed to 100%, the value in column A of that row automatically changes to 100, regardless of its original value. At the same time, I don't want to lock down column A - the user can enter any value in here when E is not 100%. How do I go about doing this? Do I need to write a macro? Thanks! Amit Hi, You'll have to do this as a little macro. Go into the VB editor and add the following into the relevant Sheet. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 5 And Target = 100...

How can I reset defaults for cell borders? i.e color and/or inte.
I want to be able to modify border colors and intesity for cells in a worksheet. 1-choose the cellsformat/cells 2-choose format/cells 3-click on Border tab 4-choose the line style and color 5-click kind of vorder u want to have. 6-to reset defaults for cell borders, click "none" "mffoster" wrote: > I want to be able to modify border colors and intesity for cells in a > worksheet. ...

Cell Formatting to disp. ### numbers
I am trying to format the cells so that it only allows three numbers t be displayed. To be more descriptive: We work with zip codes quite often, but, we only use the first thre digits. Someone sent us a xls file with 12000 zip codes, in one column, and need to know how to make the column show only the first three digits o all the zip codes.. there is another problem, when I convert them to a numeric value, i removes the zero in front...ex. 08245, becomes 8245, but i need to kee that zero in front. Thanks -Eri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming your zip codes a...

How do I insert a row of blank cells?
I need to know how to insert a row of blank cells every other row in the columns from F to I ONLY!!! I currently have just a straight set of data in those columns like data-data-data-data-data-data. I need to have it alternate data-blankrow-data-blankrow-data-blankrow- as I go down from row to row. I need to do this for about 1000 rows so I need a quick way to do it if there is one. HELP!!! Looks like this: Data Data Data Data I want this: Data Data Data Data Thanks. Chris -open the VB editor -double click the sheet of interest -View from the menu--> Code -Paste the belo...

Move Distribution list
Hi, I have Outlook 2000 standalone (no Exchange). I export a pst from a pc to another pc. The contacts are exporting correctly but not the Distribution list. They are present but empty. Any helps? Thank's a lot Andrea You never export Outlook data. Exporting always loses data, such as DL's. Just copy and reuse the PST file. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Andrea Racca" <raccaNOSPAMlibero.it> wrote in message news:eKI8hRIWGHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have Outlook 2000 standalone (no Exchange). I export a pst from a pc to > another pc. Th...

Copying one cell to muliple cells #2
Cell a1 is a date cell. Cells b1-b30 are date cells. What I am trying to do is every time that I enter a new date in Ai, I want it to go to a blank cell in b column and not over write the dates that are already there. A B 2/3/04 1/6/04 1/20/04 1/25/04 2/3/04 right click sheet tab>view code>copy\paste this>format col B as desired date >save. Now when you put a date in a1 such as 8/1, the last cell+1 in col b will get that date. Private Sub Worksheet_...

How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file?
How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file? I want to combine all data into one file under word. Hi the easiest way would be copy and paste? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel to Word transfer" <Excel to Word transfer@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:78E2302D-3EC5-4B69-8DEF-524411297288@microsoft.com... > How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file? I want to > combine all data into one file under word. ...

Unable to format cells
In my Excel 2003 application, I select a range of cells and set a vertical border. This also works in Excel 2007 until I save it from the latter into the compatible format. If I then open it again with 2007, it's inoperative. I select the range, right-click, then click on format cells and nothing happens. If I open it again with 2003, it works. If I then save from 2003 and then open it with 2007, it will work. Any ideas? ...

Possible to shade cell slightly but that only shows up on screen + not printout? [XL2003]
I have a form that is built in Excel that is quite challenging to fill in because fillable cells aren't always readily apparent. Since it's a form that although filled out on the computer is to be printed out, it has many empty cells that do not require data entry and that are just the "background" white of the document. Is there a feature in Excel that would allow us to colour in those "background" parts of the form in something like a light grey that only shows up on the screen as that colour yet that prints out as clear of colour (white, in other words) so that...

Any way to increase a series of cells by one?
Hello, Could anyone tell me how to make cells increase by a single number, and repeat the same number (i.e.: for a bar code) [the same number] as well? We need to print a number, and its bar code on a sticker, then a new number and its new bar code on another sticker. etc., etc, forever I think! Probably very simple, but I have no idea how to do it. THANKS a lot for your assistance, S. Hi Not sure if this is what you mean but is what I would try. in cell A1 type your first numer in cell b1 type =a1 in cell a2 type =a1+1 in cell b2 type =a2 and then copy cells a2/...