Moving from cell to cell

Moving from cell to cell using arrow key stopped working. Help!

Maybe hit Scroll Lock key...

If Scroll Lock is on, the arrows still work, but in a different way.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"crys0814" <crys0814@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Moving from cell to cell using arrow key stopped working. Help!

Hi there cry0814,

It is possible that you have accidentally pressed your scroll lock key which
disables your arrow keys. Try pressing it again and let us know your results

Regards

Garreth
--

Thank you and Regards

Garreth Lombard

"crys0814" wrote:

> Moving from cell to cell using arrow key stopped working. Help!

Click in cell w/ formula and get colors in referenced cells
Hi, When you click in a cell with a formula, Excel will then put color around the cells that are referenced. Somehow I turned that feature off. Now I do not get colors in th other cells. Where is that option to turn it back on???? I've looke and looked but I just can't find that option. Thanks for the help -- albea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- albean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2875 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48436 ...

Avoid protected cell warning on BeforeDoubleClick WS event
I am creating an event scheduling worksheet. A grid is generated with days of the month x-axis and users y-axis. Where an event occurs this is logged by a hidden event ID in the appropriate day cell. In order to prevent this ID from being overwritten I protect the worksheet. What I am trying to do is have a worksheet DoubleClick event which either. 1) Captures the event ID in the underlying cell, and opens a custom form for editing the event, or 2) Recognises that no event exists and opens a custom form for logging a new event. What I have tried is to unprotect the workshee...

Miscellaneous words appear in Excel 2002 cells
I am working on an Excell 2002 workbook and when I put my cursor in a cell , spurious words get entered into the cell e.g. "and thee the and ...." is one example. I have cable modem and it feels like "someone" has taken control of my PC - by the way I have also noticed this hapening in MS Word but is not as bad as Excel - can some one help. thanks KK Have you enabled speech tools? Click Tools / Speech and examine your options. /i. "KK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061d01c39d1c$36fc85f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am w...

First row in Selection range (first index of a cell)
Hello, I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection Range or return an index of the first cell in Selection Cell. I have something like this: .................... Range1.Select "and here I want to Select the first range in selection Range1" ............. I there any special function of finding first cell in selection range or returning an index of the first cell?? Thanks for answet Marcin Maybe range1(1).select or range1.cells(1).select or range1.cells(1,1).select mar_male@wp.pl wrote: > > Hello, > I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection...

Moving my files to a new computer
So I've copied my old .pst file to my new computer, used Tools>options>mail setup>data files to introduce outlook to it, and reset it to to default and removed the old entry so there is just the one entry in the list. Both my new and old outlooks are 2003. So far so good and I can see my mail folders and contacts in the left hand pane, *but* tools>address book is not showing any of my contact addresses, nor will check names show them. Anyone know whay or can point me at an article that tells me what to do? Also, I have several email accounts is there an easy way of movi...

Moving data between Excel sheets
"I have an excel spreadsheet that has 2 sheets, one has a list of open issues" and one a list of "closed issues". One of the fields on the "open issues" sheet has a "closed date" field. Whenever a date is typed into this field, I would like for it to be moved to the "closed issues" sheet, to avoid duplicate, manual entries being done. Can anyone help me with the best way to achieve this? Can this be achieved by using Macro's. Any help with this, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Suggest you send this to the programming newsgroup...

rules question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C58E9B.93495960 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'd like to make a rule similar to the one I have - move all emails from a certain SENDER to a specified FOLDER. I want to also make a rule to move to a specified folder, when an email is sent to a specific USER. I don't see how to do this in the canned rules? Has anyone got creative with this and made it work? I can get it to do a COPY, but not a move. Thanks!!! ------=_NextPart_000_0008_0...

Lines of text move when viewed in print preview and printed
I am inserting pictures with-in paragraphs of text. I have tried formating as both exact and in-line, using top/bottom. The text moves up 1-2 lines when printed or viewed in print preview. This change in text lines also happens when view is changed from 50% to 100%. I am working with two column text and the pictures are inserted into each column. How can I fix this problem? What version of Windows and Publisher are you using??? You people that think we have crystal balls or are mind readers are exasperating! -- >-----Original Message----- >What version of Windows and Publi...

CRM 1.2
I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server. We will also be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server. We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM server. The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great Plains clients. What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario? I believe that CRM "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to create the new one? I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a proje...

Sum of a cell in all worksheets?
I usually just use the search here and quickly find what I need, but can't seem to get it work this morning I am trying to get a sum of a certain cell in all the sheets in workbook. For example of what I mean, Sum(all worksheets, d64). Ca someone possibly help me out Thanks Michae Hi Michael, Look up 3D in your Excel Help. Surely you do not want to include the same sheet. if sheet2 is your second sheet tab and "sheet 24" is the last tab. =SUM(sheet2:'sheet 24'!C14) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: htt...

Insert a graphic in a cell
I'd like to be able to enbed a logo in a cell. Not possible. Graphic objects reside on the drawing layer "above" the cells. Cells can contain formulae or values only. Workaround. Insert your graphic, and size it so that it exactly covers the cell. Right-click it, choosing Format Picture. In the Properties tab of the Format Picture dialog, choose the Move and Size with cells radio button. In article <F253C07B-E71A-445E-B612-0189187A09D9@microsoft.com>, Pete_Escher fan <Pete_Escher fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to be able to enbed a...

can one cell contain more than one independent number
A cell can contain several numbers, separated by space characters or line breaks (Alt+Enter). However, if you want to perform calculations on the numbers, it's best to keep them in separate cells. John K wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html there's also the option a using matrix formula (list of data) for example you may enter ={1;2;3} in a single cell or selection 'and validate wih CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER but the manipulation of this kinda of formula need to read more about it... ...

Ignore Blank Cells
I update a workbook weekly in separate worksheets. My master worksheet links to the appropriate cells for the updated data. These are simple percentage numbers (not forumlas, etc.) and only need to be a one-on-one link. The problem I have is that if one of the cells is blank, it returns a 0 and I need to to stay blank. Any ideas? There are about 57,000 cells I am working with so I really don't want to have to update manually all blanks. Hi SEF, As long as you want to hide all zero values on a sheet you can use in excel 2003 From the Tools menu select Options On tab V...

Conditional formatting / blank cells
Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format. This is my worksheet. Row 4 A B C D E F G H I $200 $210 I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or equal to F4 the fill colour is green. If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white. I've tried numerous combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work. Thanks torkattack. Test for the blank first. -- David Biddulph "torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Moving CRM
Hi All. I am in the process of relocating CRM 1.2 to a new SBS 2003 Server. If I have not created any custom reports with Crytal Reports, is it really necessary for me to back that up and then restore it on the new server? Since I have only been using the default reports, shouldn't everything be fine??? THanks! Jake, You shouldn't need to migrate the reports. But, are you using the redeployment tool for this? If so, then there may be some reasons that this introduces that make it a requirement. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------...

Clipart will not scale with array of cells
I want to print out an array of cells, some of which contain clipart. When I try to scale up the array to fill the printed page, the clipart scales differently (the clipart objects move down on the page from their normal position within the cells). The artwork size does not change, nor its spacing; it's as though the clipart is reacting to a larger top margin. ...

formula for visible cells
Can I copy a worksheet so that the new worksheet looks exactly like the visible portion of the old worksheet. For example, if I filter and sort, I only want what is left visible to appear in my new worksheet, and I want it to do it automatically without my having to copy and paste. Automatic means VBA code. See Ron de Bruin's site for copying filtered results. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 4 May 2010 11:32:01 -0700, jpstormy <jpstormy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I copy a worksheet so that the new workshee...

How do I copy the wording of a cell into a tab?
I have a large workbook with the tab titles available to copy to save typing every single one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a form of copy-paste You want your sheet tab name to reflect the value of a particular cell within that sheet? You want to copy a sheet and rename the copy to the value of a cell within that sheet? Please explain in more detail. The lack of sentence structure makes it difficult to get a clear picture. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:18:01 -0800, Jamie <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a large wo...

Hold a cell range for an "average formula"
I add a column every week to my work sheet and want the formula to always calculate the current 5 column range. Wendy Akers wrote: > I add a column every week to my work sheet and want the formula to always > calculate the current 5 column range. > > Add a column WHERE? What "formula"? Where is the "current 5 column range"? Hi, Let's say your data is in range C3:H3. In cell K3, enter the following array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) to get the average =AVERAGE(OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(3,MAX(ISNUMBER(C3:J3)*COLUMN(C3:J3))+1)),0,...

Pivot Table VBA Reference Book & Blank Cells
Hi Everyone, I have a Pivot Table in Access 2003 and need the blank/null cells on the data axis to display "0". This is easy to do in Excel but I have searched through all of the options in Access and cannot find it. What is the VBA code required to set this option? Can anyone suggest a good reference book or website for coding Pivot Tables with VBA? Many thanks, David ...

count in cell
Does anybody know how I can count the number of characters in a cell, I know how to use the 'count' and 'counta' function to count the number of cells used but not in a cell. Thanks =LEN(A1) -- ---------------------------- Mauro Gamberini "Joe" <someone@microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23sMRof72EHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know how I can count the number of characters in a cell, I > know > > how to use the 'count' and 'counta' function to count the number of cells > > used but not in a c...

Auto copy and insert a defined number of rows as defined in a cell
Hi I don't know much about VBA but could probably work something out. I need to produce carton labels from a spreadsheet using Word to mail merge and the labels need to include 1 of 10, 2 of 10 on them. The number of labels required is dependant on a number which is included for each row of data in the spreadsheet. What I am doing at the moment is copying each row and insert pasting the additional number of rows required. In the new rows I then add 1 of 10 in the first row, 2 of 10 in the second row etc. etc. This then enables me to perform the mailmerge. I have around 300...

cannot see info in an excel worksheet over intranet until cell is hilighted
I and other people in my firm cannot see information on excel spreadsheets that are posted on our company intranet until they either hilight a cell or move the arrow keys. While this is by no means a show stopper, the slower members of our company can't seem to wrap thier heads around this issue. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Adding cells that already have formulas
i have a work book with formulas in cells, i need to add the results from the formulas in another cell. Why is something like =A3+B7 or =SUM(A3,B7) no appropriate? Jerry critter wrote: > i have a work book with formulas in cells, i need to add the results from the > formulas in another cell. Sorry i figured it out in my formulas i had "" so the new formula would not read the answers from the cells i had selected. "Jerry W. Lewis" wrote: > Why is something like > =A3+B7 > or > =SUM(A3,B7) > no appropriate? > > Jerry > &g...

How to store length in cell in British format (like INCHES)
Hi How I store 4'5'' (4 foot and 5 inches) in a cell and use it i callculations. Thanks Parminde -- Panka ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pankaj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3024 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49913 Your best method is to use a format like 4 5/12 with custom format # ??/12 BTW this is not longer British (UK is metric) but American -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Pankaj" <Pank...