Move/Copy A Row Based on Formulas to a New Worksheet

I want to move several rows of sub-totals (averages within sub-groups) to a
summary worksheet, but I get the Ref error. How can I copy sub-group averages
to another worksheet?

Thank you.
0
mtrplato (3)

high light and copy.
select where you want it.
edit>paste special>values.
this will turn you formulas into hard numbers.
you are getting the #Ref error because on the other sheet
where you pasted the formulas, the formula no longer had
the same references that they had on the other sheet.
for example:
=sum(a1:a10) in cell a11
you copy and paste on another sheet at cell a1.
excell tries to compensate but no longer has 10 cell above
the formula. #Ref results. excel lost it's references that
in had on the other sheet.

0
anonymous (74722)

spreadsheet formula #2
Good morning, i have a manager who wants to average a set of cells. he there are indefinate number of cells in a row and he wants to average only the current entry plus only the last three consecitive entries. example: if a1,b1,c1,d1,f1 all have entries he wants the average based on the info in b1,c1,d1,f1. when e1 has data entered he wants the average to be based on c1,d1,f1,e1. there are 20+ rows that need to have this function. can someone help, this is beyond my capabilities. thanks doug Doug, This will total it for row 1 =SUM(N(OFFSET(A1,,LARGE((1:1<>"")*(COLUMN(I...

5.5 -> 2003 Move
Greetings, I am currently under the control of a small NT 4 Domain that I am "moving" to 2003. I say moving because I want to start over on a clean slate and will be re-installing all Vital Apps and services on the the new DC's. The Network consists of less than 100 users and is using exchange 5.5 as it's mail server. I would like to know if there are any thoughts or ideas on my current plan of moving mail to the New 2k3 environment. My plan is as follows: 1. I will perform a move of the mailbox stores to .pst/.ost files. (not sure if there is a way to do this from ...

New Installation & Update
I just purchased a new iMac I also purchased another copy of office. After office installed, the auto updater loaded the 11.3.9 Then later the auto updater wanted to install 11.3.8. -At this point I did not do this update, but read the update info pages. Each update states that the previous update needs to be installed FIRST, clear back to 11.3.5 So, since the auto updater installed the 11.3.9 version, do I need to actually install the other regressive updates? or was that update all-inclusive. or do I need to uninstall office and reinstall, then manually install the updates because the aut...

Microsoft's new Money 2008 naming scheme
While reading this recent article, it occurred to me that the new "Plus" may refer to what Ray Ozzie terms "software plus services". Here is the link and an excerpt: Microsoft Describes Technology Behind Software Plus Services http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,135159/article.html "This services transformation, from software to software plus services, is a very very big deal for our company," said Ray Ozzie, chief software architect for Microsoft, speaking during his company's annual financial analyst meeting. "It will be a critical aspect of all o...

Multiple Worksheet
I'm not sure how to explain this, but here we go. I have a workbook w/ multiple worksheets. The first worksheet is titled ALL. This includes all information from other worksheets. How can I have certain information transfer to other worksheets by recognizing initials? Basically if the "All" worksheet has has an S listed it - can I transfer to worksheet titled Scott w/o the beating of copy and paste? Thanks in advance. -- bonzai18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bonzai18's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=g...

Expandlig number of entries in "Move to folder" list
Is there any way to expand the list of "Move to folder" entries beyond the 10 that seem to be programmed into Outlook. Move to folder is a great feature, and since I use it so often, with about 15 - 20 common folders, the limitation of only having 10 entries means that, at any point in time, at least 5 of my common entries are not on the list, and must be selected again, using a browse method. After browsing, they are once again on the list, but some other common folder has now been eliminated. You can use rules to move items to folders that are commonly used for the Mo...

Excel: Backup Copy not same size as File
I have the create backup option checked so excel creates backuup everytime I save. Sometimes (cannot pinpoint when this is caused) when I save file the file is saved. File size is 4 MB. But the backup created is like 200K for this. When I look at the backup file 1 worksheet is missing and remaining everything is present. Any ideas?? Thanks ...

Moving a contact group from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook?
I have a large contact group that is making my Outlook Express address book to cluttered (I use Outlook Express more often than Outlook) and would like to know if there is any easy way to just move it to Outlook without having to retype all the names and addresses? Thanks, Mark No, since Outlook does not use or support groups in the way that OE does. You need to state your Outlook version and tell us whether the members of the OE group also exist in the Contacts folder or only in the group. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mark B." <somno@earthlink.net> wrote in message ...

Format Row based on text value in cell
I want to format a row based on the value of one of the cells in the row. Basically, I want to set the color of the row to green if a particular cell in the row is COMPLETE and red otherwise. How can I do this? Thanks, B. Search for "Conditional Formatting" in Excel help. Also, you can find help for Conditional Formatting on Chip's website, http://www.cpearson.com/excel.htm Hope that helps! Eric Maybe you'll like to experiment with this as well .. Assume the target row is row2, the particular cell in the row is B2, and the spec "COMPLETE" means B2 contai...

copy-paste emails don't work
How can I copy emails from a column in Microsoft Works database to paste them into a new email in Windows Live mails ? When I do this, it requires a ";" at the end of each email which is time consuming to add. How can I solve this problem ? Thank you You mean email addresses. You should be able to do a global search and replace. For example, if the addresses are currently separated by a space character you can replace all occurrences of the space character by '[space][semicolon]'. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) wrote in message news:BD26...

copy and filter list from sheet1 to sht2
I have a list on sheet1. The first column can be either true or false. I would like sheet2 to show a list of all the rows that are true o sheet1. Thanks for any information Pau -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi a non automatic way: Use 'Data - Filter - Advanced Filter' for this. See: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "squalo >" <<squalo.16xe8p@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:squalo.16xe8p@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a list on sheet1. > The first column ...

Need One Excel Template to copy to TWO Databases
Here's the problem: Right now I have a one template (.xlt) and one excel database (.xls) that works fine. Now I want to create a second database so tha whenever I enter in information into the template, it creates a copy i both excel databases. I could just create a new duplicate database and a duplicate templat but that would require me entering in the information twice. Since enter in a lot of information, this is very undesirable. Anyone please help me figure out how to link one template (.xlt) to excel database files (.xls) Steps already taken: When the template wizard asked ...

I don't want to move maximized dialog when I push left mouse button. but it moves.
Dear all, I tried to maximize dialog in dialog based application. I used 'ShowWindow(SW_MAXIMIZE);' and I tried to move dialog around. I used ::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default AfxGetMainWnd()->PostMessage(WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN, HTCAPTION, MAKELPARAM(point.x,point.y)); SetCursor(AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_SIZENWSE)); // CDialog::OnLButtonDown(nFlags, point); } I don't want to move maximized dialog when I push left mouse button. but it moves. and I want to move normal dialog uesed 'S...

HELP: Search a formula inside of a Cell
I am trying to compare some old spreadsheets and upgrade to the new and have a case in try to determine if a value was added to a formula inside a cell. So I would like to do a search/find on the contents of the FORMULA in the cell. Example: Cell A1 Contains a formula +F12+F34+F67 Is there a function that can search the formula? Example: FIND "F34" in cell A1. Everything I can see so far you can only search the results, not the formula. Thank you in advance for your help!!! Mike formula are strings. Usually I use the FIND in the worksheet menu to locate the form...

Every new word doc saved, the icon is not correct

leaving copies of emails on the server
Hi there. I am using Outlook 2002 at work, and the same at home. I VPN in from home, but when I download my mail it takes the messages off the server. Then when I get to work, I have no email in my inbox. Isn't there a way to make it leave a copy of the messages on the server? Any ideas? Thanks! John Go to Tools | E-mail Accounts, click View or change existing e-mail accounts and click Next, select the account in question, click Change, then the More Settings button. The option for leaving mail on the server is on the Advanced tab of the Internet E-mail Settings dialog. -- J...

Activex control
I have an Activex control which exposes multiple interfaces for example, ISample1 – CSample1 (Coclass) ISample2 – CSample2 (Coclass) I need to add new methods/properties (a new version). Since ISample1 and ISample2 cannot be modified, I’ll have two new interfaces, ISample1Ext ISample2Ext These will be a replication of ISample1 and ISample2, but with new methods/properties added. The old interfaces will be marked deprecated and may be removed in future. The question is, 1. Do I have to copy all the implementation from CSample1 and CSample2 to CSample1Ext and CSample2Ext? 2. If thi...

Viewing multiple worksheets
How can i view 3 worksheets in the same workbook, tiled side by side in the excel window? Is this possible? Lets assume your current file is Book1 Do window / new window and you will now see that Book1 has become Book1:1 and you also have a Book1:2. Do it again and you will also see a Book1:3. Now do Window / Arrange and tick Vertical and also the 'Windows of active workbook' bit Now just select the required sheet in each window -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 --------------------...

switch colums and rows
Here's my problem...I have a list of bills for workers' comp claimants. Each bill is in a row with a specific service type (occup med center, radiology, surgery, physical therapy). The columns house the claimant name, date of service, a physician name. I need to create a "story" for each claimant showing the number of days between each service transaction (between physician visit and surgery, for example). I was thinking that the best way to do this would be to switch my rows into colums. How would I pull specific rows (I have a column label with the types of service)...

moving rules from one system to another
I have a lot of different rules, and alot of rules that I have exported during different times from different systems and supporting different PST files. I would like to import them into a new PST file. What is the: BEST way of doing this? The EASIEST way of doing this. Where can I find more info about importing rules? I have found that even if the folder exists, if the PST is not the same name nad in the same location, that some time (I have not figured out when, becuase sometimes it seems to work) it leaves the folder to be dragged to empty. Are there any 3rd party utils that will look at...

need formula for multiple columns/rows
I have a spreadsheet with a budget value in column C, monthly billings in columns D - Q, and the remaining balance in column R. I can use =c3-sum(d3:q3) for row 3, but is there a formula to repeat the calculation for multiple rows without having to type that into the R cell on every row. I'm sure it is simple, I'm just learning. Thanks, kzas Hi Kzas, If I got it right, you want the formula to calculate the sum for al the rows from row 3 up to the row is appears. If so, then the followin should do it: =$c$3-sum($d$3:$q3) -(assuming that there is only one budget figure)- =$c$3-su...

Launching a Form to Another Form to Create a New Record
I use MS Access 2000. I want to link 2 forms: Customer Info Form to Customer Work Order Form, The Customer Work Order form has 1 Main Form and 2 sub-forms within it. I want to create a command button from the Customer Info Form that will launch the Customer Work Order Form and populate the main part of this form with some identifying data such as ID, First Name, Last Name, etc. from the Customer Info Form. This data will not be editable here. The remaining 2 sub-forms will be available for data entry and / or editing. Below is my Command button code: Private Sub Create...

updateing a orginal sheet after two or more have updated copys
We are working on an speadsheet, I was emailed a copy of it and so was two others. How do we go about update if we each have a copy of the orginal and we are entering different info. How can we configure correctly? so the info we are each entery is update to the orginal? I would say it would be difficult with three of you making changes to three separate copies of the same workbook. Perhaps you should investigate the use of a single Shared workbook. See help on sharing a workbook. Also note the loss of some features when sharing. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Ma...

Why does # of filtered rows appear in status bar only sometimes?
In some files, the # of rows returned from a filter operation appears in the far left corner of status bar, in some files the words "Filter Mode" appears in that spot. In both cases, I have right-clicked on the status bar and chosen "Count". How do I make the # appear, not "Filter Mode"? Excel 2002, SP3. When your list has many formulas, or if a cell in the list is changed after a filter has been applied, the Status Bar may show "Filter Mode" instead of a count of the visible records. You can use the Subtotal function to count the visible rows. ...

copy & paste between documents changes spacing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi. I have a curious issue with Microsoft Word that i can't seem to find a reasonable explanation for. Basically, i write a newsletter for my farm every week and i have a masthead that is a table. When i attempt to copy the table to a brand new document (in order to create a brand new newsletter), the spacing between the lines has totally changed. The table is twice as wide, as if i had put a blank space between each line of text. This has happened with other documents as well. For instance, I created a chec...