Matching Names

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that contains a long list of staff names with data as
follows:
A                 B                          C
Month      Employee Name       Monthly Salary

From this list I want to create another 11 lists of monthly joiners and same
for monthly leaversas follows:

Monthly Joiners Lists:

February Joiners                                   March Joiners
Employee Name     Monthly Salary          Employee Name     Monthly Salary

Under Employee Name I need a formulae that picks staff appear in February
for the first time, and same applies for March, April, etc.

Monthly Leavers Lists:

February Leavers                                   March Leavers
Employee Name     Monthly Salary           Employee Name     Monthly Salary

Under Employee Name I need a formulae that picks staff appear in January for
the last time, and same applies for March, April, etc.

--
tarig
0

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett1@austin.rr.com
"Tarig" <Tarig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a spreadsheet that contains a long list of staff names with data as
> follows:
> A                 B                          C
> Month      Employee Name       Monthly Salary
>
> From this list I want to create another 11 lists of monthly joiners and
> same
> for monthly leaversas follows:
>
> Monthly Joiners Lists:
>
> February Joiners                                   March Joiners
> Employee Name     Monthly Salary          Employee Name     Monthly Salary
>
> Under Employee Name I need a formulae that picks staff appear in February
> for the first time, and same applies for March, April, etc.
>
> Monthly Leavers Lists:
>
> February Leavers                                   March Leavers
> Employee Name     Monthly Salary           Employee Name     Monthly
> Salary
>
> Under Employee Name I need a formulae that picks staff appear in January
> for
> the last time, and same applies for March, April, etc.
>
> --
> tarig

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Is the value of Identity.Name accessable at client side?
I wonder if the value of Identity.Name is visible (any way) at the client side? So, it is safe to use the userID as cookie name? FormsAuthenticationTicket ticket = new FormsAuthenticationTicket(1, user.Id.ToString(), DateTime.Now, DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(30), false, "", FormsAuthentication.FormsCookiePath); System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.Cookies.Add(new HttpCookie(FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName, FormsAuthentication.Encrypt(ticket))); Thanks! On Feb 26, 12:28=A0pm, "Arjen" <boah...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I wonder if the value of...

Making the date a part of the file name
Does anyone know if there is a way to make the date/time a part of the file name using symbolics (i.e filename_% date%.xls) instead of having to key it in manually? Try this code, it worked for me ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs ActiveSheet.Range("the cell number"), you will need to format the cell referenced to the date and time forma you want. Good luc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

#Name? error
Hi guys, This may seem a very simple problem. I have some VBA code that returns information about a data set. When I call this function from a report, it works just fine. But when I call it from a form, I just get the #Name? message all the way down. Both form and report are in the same database file, and the VBA function is in a separate general module in the same file. I have tried changing the call so that the form simply calls the NZ function - still no lick, I just get #Name? Stephen Further info, I am using Access 2010 beta, and the databse is A03 format. The control ...

Printing mailing labels with multiple recipient name records associated with a single address
I have been browsing this, and other Access groups, as well as some of the Microsoft KB articles, and while I find posts decribing similar objectives to mine, can't seem to find anything that specifically shows me how to solve my problem. I have a property management database which contains many related tables, including a table "Units" and a table "Tenants". Tenant records have a corresponding foreign key for the UnitID relating them to the Units table. A tenant can only be associated with one Unit record, but a Unit may be associated with many Tenant records. I need ...

How to change a profile name in Outlook
I have configured outlook. Now that everything is done I'd like to change the default profile name "Outlook" to something else. How can I rename it? Thanks, AJS AJS <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote: > I have configured outlook. Now that everything is done I'd like to > change the default profile name "Outlook" to something else. How can > I rename it? You can't rename a profile, but you can copy it to a profile of another name and then delete the original. -- Brian Tillman Control Panel, Mail, Show Profiles, Set up a new profile and name it. ...

Comparing, Matching, and Sum formula
Hello. Column A has dates. The format is 2010-04-29. There are multiple rows with the same date. Column B has numbers Please, provide me the formula IF: column A="2010-04-29" then SUM(B:B) Thank you. =IF(A1=DATE(2010,4,29),SUM(B:B),0) -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "ma" <ma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77545BE3-1CAC-48BF-B407-16F0A9F2F883@microsoft.com... > Hello. > > Column A has dates. The format is 2010-04-29. There are multiple rows with > the same date. > > Column B has numbers ...

Name Display in Address Book
I think this is supposed to be an easy one but damned if I can figure it out.. The names in my contact list appear as last, first. I've checked each of the folders as needing to appear in my Address Book. However, when the names appear in the address book, they appear first last. Question: How do I get the names in the address book, which are fed by the contact names, to display in the last, first format? Thanks, Bill Posting your Outlook version is always helpful. Depending on your version and mail support mode of Outlook, you can sort the Outlook Address Book this way (chec...

Dynamic Named Range
I have the follwing formula to automatically update a graph (the date i across columns) =OFFSET(Consolidated!$A$121,0,1,1,COUNTA(Consolidated!$B$121:$IV$121)). The problem is that some of the cells contains, blanks and I can't see to make it include all of the information. What can I do to make this pull pulls in all columns even if there ar blanks? Thanks in advance. Michelll -- bountifulgrac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bountifulgrace's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3323 View this thread: ht...

Some names could not be added to Contacts. The action could not b
Hi, I have a problem with several users on this. Basically, they are using Personal Address Book and set Outlook to keep their personal addresses in Personal Address Book. When they tried to add a distribution list from GAL, they have this error, "Some names could not be added to Contacts. The action could not be completed.". Any solution to this problem? Thanks. TJ <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a problem with several users on this. Basically, they are > using Personal Address Book and set Outlook to keep their personal > addresses in P...

Start up error message
We were running w98 computers with office 97 with no problems WE just switched to new computers running Win XP professional. WE loaded office 97. When we double-click a .xls file from windows explorer, Excel97 starts up automatically, but we always get the following message: "a document with the name ______ is already open. You canno open two documents with the same name ......." The file name is always the file we are trying to open Excel was completely closed prior to clicking the file in explorer This happens with all excel files ---- I suspected some sort of start-up option...

Macro code to remove the prompt "are you sure" when saving over same name
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C43C35.39C87BF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone tell me what 'switches' I would need to save over the same = file name without prompting the user for confirmation when run from a = macro? ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=3D"c:\Spreadsheets\myfile.xls", _ FileFormat:=3DxlNormal, Password:=3D"", WriteResPassword:=3D"", = _ ReadOnlyRecommended:=3DFalse, CreateBackup:=3DFalse TIA, AlanN...

Performance of XPathNavigator.Matches()

printing name tags...
Is there a way I can print out name tag inserts with many different names on paper usually used for business cards? I need to prepare cards but each one will have a different name.....I would like to use the name tag insert size 3x2 listed in the Print Artist program I have but I could use the smaller business card paper. Thank you for any help you can pass along.... B. Ferrell ...

Conditional Format on Date Match
I am keeping track of my vehicle mileage and fuel used. I have a table of dates where I keep my mileage. I have a table of dates to track my fuel. All on the same sheet. On the date that I get fuel, I want the (date matching) cell in th mileage table to change format (background red). I can get the conditional format to work, if I input a constant or pic cells where the date matches. What I am having trouble doing is getting the format to change from th LIST (column) of dates so all I have to do is input my fuel date and i will change the format of the same date in my mileage table. T...

How to prevent UML Object Lifeline names from reverting to Object.
I have created a Visio file with (so far) four UML Sequence pages. While I'm working on a page and adding Object Lifeline elements, I can type in a name to replace the default names like Object1, Object2, etc. However, if I then create a new page and later go back to a previous page, my assigned names have disappeared and again been replaced with Object1, Object2, etc. I have turned off UML semantic error checking in the hope of preventing this anomaly, but it doesn't help. Can anyone tell me how to keep the names I enter in the Object Lifeline headings? Thanks Nick Piazza ...

Number of items listed in Name Box
Hi All, Does anybody know how you can increase the number of items that show in the drop down Name Box Field. Currently there are 7, but I am sure I have had it set up with more in the past. Thank you for any suggestions. K. I haven't seen a way to increase the number of items displayed at a given time in the name box drop down. It was increased to 30 from 7 in Excel 2003. -- Jim <vega953@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c29c587a-c78a-4885-81ba-5007e8f24557@v17g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... | Hi All, | Does anybody know how you can increase the number of items that show | in the...

combine vlookup and match help
I need help, and fast! I am trying to create a form, and my formula is not working! I have been looking at thread after thread and no luck... I still get the #N/A every time. Okay, on sheet 1 (Insurance Form) is where I need my information to populate. All of my data is on sheet 2 (Look up sheet). I have a drop down to tell me my benefit choice and my coverage choice. For my cost, I want excel to look at sheet 2 and tell me what is in the cell for those two choices. Here is my data: It is looking at cell A5 for the "Benefit" (HMO, PPO,etc) and looking at B5 for t...

Column Name
I need a formula to return the column name of the second occurence of the heading "Q3 2007T". Thanks This User Defined function does what you want. Call it with, for example, =FIND2(A1:AZ1) Function find2(myrange) For Each mycell In myrange If mycell.Value = "Q3 2007T" Then mycount = mycount + 1 End If If mycount = 2 Then Set mc = mycell myaddress = mc.Address() Exit For End If Next If mycount < 2 Then find2 = "found " & mycount Else find2 = myaddress End If End Function New to VBA? See David ...

Additional name is added in the TO:
When selecting a contact name in the Global address book by type int the TO: line the contact requested appears, but so does an additional contact name after hitting either the enter key or the tab key. Anyone have an idea why this would happen? Thank you for your help, Sandi Jett sjett@kwccpa.com ...

SMTP server won't accept email addresses with names in them.
I have configured an SMTP server on my server to act as a relay, but it dose not seem to accept names with spaces " ". Is there a checkbox to allow spaces in names or some way to enclose them in quotes ? Any help is appreciated. Sid. For domain space? Or are you traing to name your SMTP virtual server common name? "sid" wrote: > I have configured an SMTP server on my server to act as a relay, but it > dose not seem to accept names with spaces " ". > > Is there a checkbox to allow spaces in names or some way to enclose > them in quotes ? >...

Write Name of Report Query in Report Footer
Is it possible to programmatically write the name of the query the report is based on in a text box in the report footer. "Steve Stad" <SteveStad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B0F793-C14A-4101-AB45-807BE72A4A11@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to programmatically write the name of the query the report > is based on in a text box in the report footer. Place a text box on your report, and set its Control Source property to: =[Report].[RecordSource] -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users...

file names in excel
When I try to name a file all I get saved is the first letter of the title I have entered. What is set wrong? Doesn't sound right. Show us the code that you use. -- HTH Bob Phillips "TonyB" <TonyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BCC8463-39BE-40D2-84C4-44311DEE14FA@microsoft.com... > When I try to name a file all I get saved is the first letter of the title I > have entered. > > What is set wrong? WinXP? Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode...

Split Names
Hello, everybody. This is my first post in an excel newsgroup. Here is the question: I have a "Name" column which lists individuals' First and Last names. Is it possible to split into two columns, FirstName and LastName? Thanks Hi, assume you have data in A1 so formulae is : =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)) [[ Put this formulae in B1 for First Name]] =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1,1)) [[Put this formulae in C1 for Last Name]] Thnx Dushyant "Antonio" <Antonio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEEE7E72-02BD-435E-BAB...

how to count matching cells?
i want a formula to if a cell date is 07/05/05 and another cell contains a date count. this is for my newsletter sheet where each mail out has a sent date and then replies are logged in the next cell if any, so i want to calculate the number of replies recieved from my mailing on particular days any hlp would be helpful Have a look in HELP index for SUMIF -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "gary dickinson" <gary dickinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12CCC489-F56B-4605-93CD-B403850CFA2B@microsoft.com... > i want a formula to if a ce...

Sorting names
I could not find an answer before posting so here an easy (at least on the surface) question. I have a user who created a column with 'lastname, firstname' format and now needs 'firstname lastname'. Short of retyping the entire column, is there an easier way? A formula perhaps? Thanks in advance. formatter For formulas and a downloadable workbook, see Chip Pearson's First/Last page at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FirstLast.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:14:34 -0700, "formatter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I c...