making switchboards and linking buttons in excel

i want to make a menue or a switchboard in excell to link different
worksheets with it and to reach the worksheet i need easily. like main menue.
thanx.

0
Mohammad (10)

so what is it that you don't know how to do?  You gotta be more specific

0
twox4s (36)

Make a chart axis visible/invisible with VBA
(I posted this in the Programming newsgroup but realized it was probably more appropriate to post here...) Hello. I'm using Excel 2003. I have a chart on a page and I want to set the scale on the Y axis programatically with VBA. I have written code that does this successfully. The problem: The code will not work if the Y axis is hidden (which I want) - it throws an error saying it can't set the Maximum value. Where I need help: I'm having trouble writing the code to make the Y axis visible, then invisible again. The idea being that I'll display it, set the scale, ...

Excel 2007
Hi to all, I'm truly a beginner with pushing excel a bit, but what I'm trying to achieve seems logical and simple enough in my mind. I've got a simple daily sales sheet that is edited at each salepoint. I've got a drop-down list of vendors in Column A sorted in a Data Validation list so that much is straight forward, another few columns of details and {price totals} at the end, such as: Company X | Details | QTY | PriceEa | PriceTotal | I'm trying to automate a result that if the Company equals {Company1} then the total in that rows {pricetotal} gets added to a particul...

XML and PivotTables on Excel 2003
Hi, I've got an enormous XML file I'm attempting analyze through pivot tables. For small versions of the file, I can load the whole thing into the worksheet, and construct a Pivot table from the list. But I have a file that is large enough to go far beyond the worksheet size limitations in Excel (64K rows). I've tried loading my XML into Access, but that doesn't seem to give me anything meaningful. (It seems to remove the hierarchy from the XML). I'd like an "XML Datasource" option to Pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be available. Can anyone gi...

Execute C++ from Excel
HI all, can anyone tell me how to execute a simple C++ code from an excel spreadsheet? For example take a C++ program that adds two integers, how does one execute it from an excel spreadsheet? Thanks in advance -- serine ------------------------------------------------------------------------ serine's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27884 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473888 ...

Urgent
Dears,,, How - using Exchange 2003- to manage two mail domains like (xxx.msft) and (yyy.msft) Via the same exchange server ( I Have only one Server) Also, I want to make my server is only backup mailserver for the mailserver that are hosted on the ISP server, in which when a message delivered to mailserver , a backup of it (copy) will be sent to my Exchange server that is in my LAN, either just it arrives or make a schedule to download all these messages to my Local Exchange server so, all my users will be connected to the local Mailserver to get their mailbox messages. Thank U &g...

Excel 2007
On Windows XP SP2 using Excel 2007 I am unable to print from the Open file dialogue. Here is what I am doing: Clicking Open from the Office button Navigating to the file I would to Print Highlighting the document Selecting Print from the Tools menu in the lower left hand corner of the dialogue box The error message I receive states: Cannot print file. It then gives a series of possible reasons, none of which apply because I can print the document if I open it first and then print it normally. Also, I can use the above sequence to print the document if the document is already open. This ser...

HOW DO i ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHOOL (NOT NAMES) IN EXCEL
HOW DO I ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHOOLS Please don't type in ALL CAPS. It is considered to be "shouting" and rude. Example??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "GERRIREN" <GERRIREN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70D108A6-2909-49C9-9F92-E110FC900A6B@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHOOLS Select all of the cells involved in all columns and rows, then use Data Sort and it will lead you through the process. "GERRIREN" wrote: > HOW DO I ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHO...

Set focus to textbox after spin-button control is pressed??
My userform contains one Textbox and one vertical Spinbutton control. If someone presses either the spin-up or spin-down button, I want the input focus to immediately change from the spinbutton to the textbox control. I tried using the code below: Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinDown() UserForm1.TextBox1.SetFocus End Sub Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinUp() UserForm1.TextBox1.SetFocus End Sub I thought the code above would be sufficient, but sometimes when I press either spin button the focus does not change immediately to the textbox control. It seems like the user has...

Excel #26
I started a new job, and am having to build a call list for potential clients. When I find these companies on certain websites or what not, they are listed on a page from top to bottom, sometimes in the many hundreds of companies in one column.. Here is a link , to a sample of what I am working with . http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhkqFcg9vgGhdGhWSnQ2a01mRzlJVU1vVl9fOHZZYUE&hl=en But Imagine Column A cell values go to A4032, Which is how much information I have to enter. : SO I have list with over thousand company?s names and contact info, But, I am getting company in...

Calender and organizer tips for excel
Hi, I need to make a sheet that contains a list of my team members and the days they want to take a day off. My team consists of nine people and there should always be 6 people present. Everyone has a certain amount of days they can plan as a day off. We work in a shiftsystem that changes according a certain schedule. I want this sheet to show me when there are more than 3 people that want to take a day of. Decrease the amount of days left they can plan. Even count the days they are ill. And much more. I don't need you to make this sheet, but I'm looking for calendertools with wich...

How do I change the default font in an EXISTING Excel workbook?
I know how to change it normally, but it seemed to switch on me from one day to the next in one particular workbook. I can't get it back. Any suggestions? Blue Format>Style>Normal>Modify. This is a workbook property so may be different from your default style in other workbooks. Change the Font to what you would like. NOTE: this also affects the Column and Row headers. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:51:06 -0800, "Blueski" <Blueski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know how to change it normally, but it seemed to switch on me from one...

auto generate emails from data stored in excel spreadsheet
Hi, Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an email which is stored in a worksheet either using excel macros or in conjuction with outlook. thanks in advance. Mark K Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#message -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "MarkK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169b901c447f2$268f26b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an > email which is stored in a worksheet either us...

excel not updating text boxes
i have several charts with textboxes lind to specific cells within my workbook. inside these cells are formulas that calculate values that I am trying to display on my charts in the text boxes. My calculations are set to automatic, but these text boxes are not updating unless i click in the formula bar for each of them and hit "enter." since i have several charts i don't want to be doing this hundreds of times a day. I have a total lack of confidence that my chart text boxes are displaying the correct values. is there some way to force them to update, maybe wit...

Making Folders Stay Open?
I have a couple of Personal Folders that I would like to stay open at all times. Mainly, I would like them to be open when I start Outlook 2003. Is there any way to set up a folder so that it stays open? Thanks, -barry Only your default folders. The other personal folders you will have to expand manually. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Barry F Margolius asked: | I have a...

excel minimized?
I am trying to find an answer to an issue with one of my teachers and I have no idea how to help. When she gets an excel attachment in email (AOL) sometimes it opens maximized and other times it minimizes to the task bar. XP OS. Any help appreciated, thanks in advance. -- Thanks,, Kim Hello When a file is saved in Excel on one computer, information on the size of the window and cell location is saved with it also. When the file is reopend it will return to the window size it was last saved under. My guess is that when a file is sent to another computer, there could be different s...

A way to link master pages from a master file in publisher?
Is there a way to create a master file (i.e. a template) and link it to several publisher files? That way if the border etc... changes inthe master file, it is updated in all the other linked files. I have figured out master pages, but the files get way to big if I want to contain my entire portfolio on one file. ...

Extract and count unique entries in a list (Excel 2003)
I have a list of items (all text strings, but some rows are blank) in column A. I want to extract a list of all the unique text strings and to count how many occurrences there are of each one. I've had a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique but it doesn't quite do what I want. Any help would be gratefully received. Gavin Hi if this is a one-time operation try to use 'Data - filter - Advanced Filter' and check 'Unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "gavin" <no-one@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag n...

How do I read text file in an EXCEL SHEET
Hello, With regards to EXCEL how we read the text file in EXCEL sheet using MACRO. The file is located in d:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt. I want to save the EXCEL sheet, and every time when I open this sheet it reads this text file and displays the contents of this text file in Excel Sheet. I want to use MACRO for reading this text file.How I do that? Thanks Amit fileName = "D:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt" Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName OR Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName, Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow _ :=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array( _ Array(0,...

how do i transfer existing excel macros to a new computer?
I have Excel 2000 with some macros. I'm getting a new computer and don't know how to get the macros transferred to the new pc. Likely, they are stored in your personal.xls file. You can search for it and copy it to the new PC. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "rwr2333" <rwr2333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F95693C-8048-4B1A-9115-8733F0ECE9C4@microsoft.com... > I have Excel 2000 with some macros. I'm getting a new computer and don't > know how to get the macros transferred to the new pc. Macros live in wor...

Missing Edit|Links Dialog Box
Hi, For some reason, I can no longer access Links dialog via Edit menu. "Links..." no longer appears in menu. How do I get it back? Thanks! correct email: jhsu914@cox.net >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >For some reason, I can no longer access Links dialog via >Edit menu. "Links..." no longer appears in menu. How do >I get it back? Thanks! >. > First attempt: Tools|Customize (just to have that dialog open) click on Edit rightclick on Links choose reset. close up that dialog and try it out. Second attempt: Tools|Customize|Toolbars Ta...

Why does "windows in taskbar" not work in excel 2003
I am running Excel 2003 on WindowsXP Pro and the Windows in Taskbar does not work. Sometimes the Excel icon in the taskbar will disapear when you click on it; I have to click Alt+Tab in order to see and get to the open Excel session at that point. I ran Excel /regserver and Detect and repair and no luck. Try: Tools > Options > View and ensure Windows In Taskbar is checked. HTH hey DNA, Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work. basically when I turn it off and apply and then switch it back on it works but when Excel is closed and reopend, it no longer works. Anybody? &...

Exporting Access into Excel workbook
Is there a way to export an access report into excel workbook where data is broken out onto multiple spreadsheets? Please help. Thank you!! In the absence of another reply ..... I think not. In my opinion you would be better off exporting sets of data from th *original Access table* to Excel - or using Data/Get External Data i Excel. I am currently experimenting with a similar job where it is necessar to have an Access table containing worksheet names linked to the mai table to enable this. I am setting up an Excel macro to import t worksheets. It may be quicker to use an Access Make T...

Cannot copy table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 w invisible grid li
How do I copy a table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 with invisible grid lines? In previous version of Word, it was possible to do so by clicking on "insert special" and choose one of the categories (I have forgotten which). With Word 2007, the grid lines become visible no matter which option I choose under "insert special". Is it possible for you to help me? Thanks! To hide the gridlines, click the View Gridlines button (to deselect the option) on the Table Tools Layout tab. This setting will be preserved between Word sessions. If you are in fact referr...

Moving a line chart data point revises data table value in Excel '
I recall a capability I used with Excel years ago that enabled me to create a line chart from a data table, then move the plot points on the chart to "smooth" the line, and the source data chart value would change with the corresponding new plotted point. I'd like to use that capability with Excel 2007 but can't find to activate it. Any power users know how? Thanks! Ed Ed, Microsoft decided that users didn't need that feature. More than likely, they were tired of support calls asking why the values changed when one dragged a data point...... No really, they took i...

Unable to send new mail in OWA- new message button not working
Hi, we are having problem when users are trying to use OWA on Exchange 2003. The problem is that we can not write new message or do reply on old messages. When we press new message nothing is happening. I think that the problem is on the server side because we have tried from different client PC's (different OS - XP, Vista, 7) with different web browsers ( IE 6,7, Firefox, Opera). Only in IE 6 I have managed to write new message but when you press send the message disappears.In the down left corner I get the message Page error The server is Exchange 2003 Standard with SP2 and al...